April 27, 2024, 09:02:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #486 7/3 - 7/4/2006  (Read 165910 times)
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #800 on: July 05, 2006, 12:02:03 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "cubbeegirl"
Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Cubbee
I have not idea why women are attracted to those kind of guys.  I may be able to understand being attracted to the daredevil type or the tough guy kind, but them, I don't understand it either.

Well, I have to admit that in my youth I always seemed to be attracted to the "bad boys" , but they were more like what you would call the daredevils and the tough guys as you said. But they were harmless.... well pretty much anyway..... Wink  Wink

Actually kind of a natural evolutionary thing. Ladies in the jungle or hunter gatherer societies kind went for the best providers. Those were usually the biggest baddest 'king of the hill' types.

Well.. there are the bad boys and then there are some that are just plain evil if you ask me.... Twisted Evil

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: July 05, 2006, 12:03:44 AM »

Cubbee
I have not idea why women are attracted to those kind of guys.  I may be able to understand being attracted to the daredevil type or the tough guy kind, but them, I don't understand it either.

Well, I have to admit that in my youth I always seemed to be attracted to the "bad boys" , but they were more like what you would call the daredevils and the tough guys as you said. But they were harmless.... well pretty much anyway..... Wink  Wink

Actually kind of a natural evolutionary thing. Ladies in the jungle or hunter gatherer societies kind went for the best providers. Those were usually the biggest baddest 'king of the hill' types.

Laughing I used to tell my sons that.  They always wondered why the pretty girls went out with the guys who were more character than in possession of character.  I always told them about the hunter/gatherer thing.  I had to ensure them that washing dishes and loading the dishwasher was characer building and the girls who were the right ones, would wait for the right guys.  Now they will have to explain that whole scenario to their own sons and make believers of them.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: July 05, 2006, 12:03:48 AM »

Cubbee

Well.. there are the bad boys and then there are some that are just plain evil if you ask me.... Twisted Evil

Well, guess what we consider the truly evil types would have  been less than successful as societies evolved and therefore not as prevalent as the more successful types.

Evolution of society has really been messing with 'what comes natura'.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #803 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:17 AM »

I think you are correct Carnut.  Most women tend to want someone that can provide for them.  They also want to be protected.  I know that is very old fashion, but I still think it is an inborn trait that many women have even in today's world.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: July 05, 2006, 12:04:55 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"
Quote from: "Hotshot"

You are braver than I am with the bungee jumping thingy....they want to take me up on the Superdome roof and I refuse to go!!!! I don't do well with heights....dunno why..... Rolling Eyes

Wow, and then to your house too.  LOL, I had to prove to her i am NOT too old!!

HotShot -
I went bungee jumping once with my Dad.  He was 70 years old, and he had to talk me into jumping with him.  He went first, then I went.  It was so cool.  He's 83 now, and I've been wanting to buy him a parachute jump, but I would absolutely die if he got hurt doing it.

I am not Hotshot, but that is pretty awesome SunFreak!!!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: July 05, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »

I think you are correct Carnut.  Most women tend to want someone that can provide for them.  They also want to be protected.  I know that is very old fashion, but I still think it is an inborn trait that many women have even in today's world.

I think a lot of it is the nurturing instinct.  Women want to tame the wild animals.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: July 05, 2006, 12:05:37 AM »

Yep, sure is hard to cross 'Mother Nature' as much as society tries.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #807 on: July 05, 2006, 12:06:25 AM »

Sunfreak, I think that is pretty awesome.  Ask your dad who does he think he is Bush 39? Laughing  Laughing   Oh, I was so scared for him when he made that jump.  I think Barbara stopped that.  I am glad she did.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: July 05, 2006, 12:06:39 AM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"

I think a lot of it is the nurturing instinct.  Women want to tame the wild animals.

It's just plain that 'Mothering' thing. Mothers are such wonderful creatures.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: July 05, 2006, 12:08:35 AM »

Tyler, I was afraid you had left us for the evening .... can I freeze the green beans and new potatoes that are left over , or do I need to dole them out to friends and neighbors?????

And if anyone knows how to keep my cat from biting and scratching so hard please tell me..... he thinks he is playing and it hurts Shocked

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: July 05, 2006, 12:08:38 AM »

Hotshot, how did we find out about the blond and the late-night partying our Sporter is doing now?  Of course, I understand if you cannot divulge that, but we sure do want to know all we can about this evil critter.

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: July 05, 2006, 12:10:12 AM »

That along with a little bit of the challenge thingy going on.....

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #812 on: July 05, 2006, 12:10:55 AM »

Tyler, I was afraid you had left us for the evening .... can I freeze the green beans and new potatoes that are left over , or do I need to dole them out to friends and neighbors?????

And if anyone knows how to keep my cat from biting and scratching so hard please tell me..... he thinks he is playing and it hurts Shocked

You can freeze the green beans, but your potatoes will be mushy.  You can save them over in the frig until tomorrow (potatoes) and then dole them out to neighbors, or you can freeze them and mash them later when heated up.  I think new potatoes would be much better doled out to neighbors tomorrow, however.

When my cat scratches and/or bites me too hard, I pretend I am crying and he licks me and stops and then starts making biscuits on me.  It is natural for kittens to want to play but that is how I have broken a couple of mine from doing that.  They stop after you "cry" 2-3 times.  Some will not.  Just depends on the cat.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: July 05, 2006, 12:11:55 AM »

I think many women marry the wrong guy b/c they think they can fix him, and they can't.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: July 05, 2006, 12:13:37 AM »

Lala's, have you been shango-tango'ing lately.  I was hoping someone would 'splain to me exactly how we know who Shango is and Simian and how that information was obtained.  I think I know who Simian is "sometimes," but not all the time, but mum's the word on that.

Glad you asked.  A monkey, I won't call any names, promised me, yes promised, they would send me all that info, but as of this moment I have seen nothing.  So all I can say is just because we think we know who they are doesn't mean we actually know if we really know or not.  How's that for confusion? Rolling Eyes

I am still trying to get the details and FACTS on this.  If any monkeys have this information, please send it to me in my address in my profile.  Have had no luck finding anybody who actually has it so far and all my email to anidac has come back.  I know she is back in the country now so maybe soon but meanwhile if anybody else has it, please forward to me.

TIA.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #815 on: July 05, 2006, 12:13:44 AM »

That mothering thing is a natural thing.  I can't relaly explain it, it just happens.  Only women can understand it.  There is absolutely no love that compares to a mother's love except for God's love.  Maybe God is a woman. Shocked
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: July 05, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »

You can freeze the green beans, but your potatoes will be mushy.  You can save them over in the frig until tomorrow (potatoes) and then dole them out to neighbors, or you can freeze them and mash them later when heated up.  I think new potatoes would be much better doled out to neighbors tomorrow, however.

When my cat scratches and/or bites me too hard, I pretend I am crying and he licks me and stops and then starts making biscuits on me.  It is natural for kittens to want to play but that is how I have broken a couple of mine from doing that.  They stop after you "cry" 2-3 times.  Some will not.  Just depends on the cat.

I thought they would be mushy.... I will just let my helpers take them home to their families when they leave tomorrow....

I don't think my kitty will care if I cry, he is still a young kitty and he is mean,,, but when he is tired he is so loveable! He lays across the back of my neck while I am on the puter and moves his head back and forth like he is reading!!!It's a hoot!!!!!

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #817 on: July 05, 2006, 12:15:51 AM »

Anna
Wish I could help, but I have no answers.  I have tried to draw some reasonable conclusions about them both but still find myself wondering if my conclusions are correct.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: July 05, 2006, 12:15:53 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Lala's, have you been shango-tango'ing lately.  I was hoping someone would 'splain to me exactly how we know who Shango is and Simian and how that information was obtained.  I think I know who Simian is "sometimes," but not all the time, but mum's the word on that.

Glad you asked.  A monkey, I won't call any names, promised me, yes promised, they would send me all that info, but as of this moment I have seen nothing.  So all I can say is just because we think we know who they are doesn't mean we actually know if we really know or not.  How's that for confusion? Rolling Eyes

I am still trying to get the details and FACTS on this.  If any monkeys have this information, please send it to me in my address in my profile.  Have had no luck finding anybody who actually has it so far and all my email to anidac has come back.  I know she is back in the country now so maybe soon but meanwhile if anybody else has it, please forward to me.

TIA.

I wish I knew too ..... I promise I would share with ya if I knew.... Wink

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: July 05, 2006, 12:17:10 AM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I think many women marry the wrong guy b/c they think they can fix him, and they can't.

I agree with you and you are sooo right, it doesn't work.

~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.