April 19, 2024, 01:53:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush to Attend UN Dialogue on Religions  (Read 1994 times)
Tater
Monkey Junky

« on: November 06, 2008, 02:33:35 PM »

UNITED NATIONS – President Bush will join several other world leaders at a General Assembly meeting to promote a global dialogue about religions, cultures and common values, U.N. and U.S. officials said Friday.

Related
Major Interfaith Conference Urges Anti-Terrorism Pact
Al-Qaeda Terrorist Accuses Saudi King of Trying to 'Spawn a New Religion'
Saudi King to Attend UN Interfaith Dialogue
The meeting is a follow-up to an interfaith conference in Madrid organized by King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and King Juan Carlos of Spain in July which brought together Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and representatives of other religions and sparked hopes of a new relationship among religions.

General Assembly President Miguel d'Escoto Brockmann has sent invitations to all 192 U.N. member states to the high-level meeting on Nov. 12-13 and expects at least 20 or 30 world leaders to attend, his spokesman Enrique Yeves said. Bush will attend on Nov. 13, U.N. and U.S. officials said.

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said Bush "remains committed to fostering interfaith harmony among all religions, both at home and abroad." She said Bush also plans to meet separately with Abdullah.

D'Escoto believes the initiative "should be broadened to talking not only about religions but about cultures, about all the common values we have," Yeves said.

"He would like that we talk not only about dialogue, but about joining forces in order to work together with all these common values to address the major issues that we are facing right now in the world," Yeves said.

Abdullah, whose country bans non-Muslims from openly practicing their religion, has called for religious tolerance and said such dialogue is the duty of every human being.

___

Associated Press Writer John Heilprin contributed to this report from the United Nations
http://www.christianpost.com/article/20081101/bush-to-attend-un-dialogue-on-religions.htm

One world religion too...Sad

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

"One world religion too..."

- Will this mean no more converts, missions, TV evangelists?

- Who gets to pick the Holy Days?

- Holy sites?

- Who gets to manage the money?

(I say...difficult at best, I'm not sure Al-Qaeda is ready to walk with Jesus or the Budda.)

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »

"One world religion too..."

- Will this mean no more converts, missions, TV evangelists?

- Who gets to pick the Holy Days?

- Holy sites?

- Who gets to manage the money?

(I say...difficult at best, I'm not sure Al-Qaeda is ready to walk with Jesus or the Budda.)

Simply put,it means you will be able to preach God all you want but do not mention the name Jesus Christ..Do you ever stop to think why saying Merry *Christ*mas is such a big deal and why the seculars want so much to remove it?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.