March 28, 2024, 05:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: crazybabyborg  (Read 4957 times)
memphis
Monkey Junky

« on: November 06, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »

cbb,
I just want you to know how much I appreciate your well thought out and comprehensive posts.
I don't have much time these days to post, but I try to read a bit hear and there and I always connect with your posts. You say it all oh-so-much better than I could. You are a good communicator and someone I would like to know.

I am appalled at the direction our country is going. At first I think, how can Americans be so stupid, but then I realize that it is the value system, or lack thereof, among my fellow citizens. Since I live in an urban environment, I know many of these people. What they value is being open-minded, tolerant, and accepting of any type of lifestyle. Judeo-Christian values are not what they base their lives on. Hollywood and television are what their value system is based on. Then again, I truely believe that most people are not very bright. They are not critical thinkers, but rather lazy thinkers. They believe what they hear without looking beyond, or behind, or by following the money.

I wish that something could be done to stop the MSM. They played a huge roll in the election of Obama. And what exactly are they trying to do to Sarah Palin? I believe they are trying to utterly destroy any chance she has for a future on the national scene. I can't believe the hatred. When I first heard Palin, I connected with her. So there you go. Her value system, which is evident in the important decisions she and her husband have made, is obviously distained by the majority in America. The same distruction has pretty much been accomplished in the case of President Bush, also.

What character President Bush and John McCain both showed in their recent communications. May God bless them both.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »

cbb,
I just want you to know how much I appreciate your well thought out and comprehensive posts.
I don't have much time these days to post, but I try to read a bit hear and there and I always connect with your posts. You say it all oh-so-much better than I could. You are a good communicator and someone I would like to know.

I am appalled at the direction our country is going. At first I think, how can Americans be so stupid, but then I realize that it is the value system, or lack thereof, among my fellow citizens. Since I live in an urban environment, I know many of these people. What they value is being open-minded, tolerant, and accepting of any type of lifestyle. Judeo-Christian values are not what they base their lives on. Hollywood and television are what their value system is based on. Then again, I truely believe that most people are not very bright. They are not critical thinkers, but rather lazy thinkers. They believe what they hear without looking beyond, or behind, or by following the money.

I wish that something could be done to stop the MSM. They played a huge roll in the election of Obama. And what exactly are they trying to do to Sarah Palin? I believe they are trying to utterly destroy any chance she has for a future on the national scene. I can't believe the hatred. When I first heard Palin, I connected with her. So there you go. Her value system, which is evident in the important decisions she and her husband have made, is obviously disdained by the majority in America. The same distruction has pretty much been accomplished in the case of President Bush, also.

What character President Bush and John McCain both showed in their recent communications. May God bless them both.

Correction: disdained not distained
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 07:02:41 PM »

cbb,

I wish that something could be done to stop the MSM. They played a huge roll in the election of Obama. And what exactly are they trying to do to Sarah Palin? I believe they are trying to utterly destroy any chance she has for a future on the national scene. I can't believe the hatred. When I first heard Palin, I connected with her. So there you go. Her value system, which is evident in the important decisions she and her husband have made, is obviously disdained by the majority in America. The same distruction has pretty much been accomplished in the case of President Bush, also.

Correction: disdained not distained

There are some things we can do to stop the MSM from pushing their agenda too hard.  Stop buying newspapers and magazines owned by lose with a liberal agenda.  Don't watch or boycott stations that don't have unbiased newscasters (as opposed to talking heads).  When Congress attempts to pass the Fairness Doctrine (which is really an attempt to shut down conservative talk radio) write, call, fax, and email them.  Ask all your friends to do the same.

I have a coworker whose a life-long Democrat.  She wouldn't vote for Obama, becuase of his skin color (which is silly, because there are too amny good reasons to dislike him).  She fears anyone who basis a political decision based upon their religious beliefs, but has no problem with gay marriage.  She also thinks I'm a bigot, because I don't want a gay agenda taught in schools.  As far as sex education, she believes that the government should be responsible for anything parents fail to do.  Anybody who doesn't think the way she does is just ignorant, bigoted, etc.  Like many liberals, it never occurs to them, that they might be the misguided ones.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:22:41 AM »

I agree. We should all be proactive and stay well informed. I understand that Joe the Plumber has begun a website to be a watchdog group on what's going on in Washington. I haven't been there so can't vouch for what it is, but it was one of those things I intended to check out.

Memphis? Thank you so much for your kind words! It's a mutual admiration, hon! 
finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 04:47:14 AM »

... what exactly are they trying to do to Sarah Palin? I believe they are trying to utterly destroy any chance she has for a future on the national scene. I can't believe the hatred. 

w/ what has been revealed today
(from McCain staffers)
and was kept off the record
until after the election,
it's obvious that there is more (and less)
to the woman than previously thought

she could not name the NAFTA signatories:
US/Canada/Mexico
(NAFTA = North American Free Trade Agreement)

she thought that Africa was a country,
rather than a continent

she refused to be prepped
for the Couric interviews
(hindsight: uh oh)

also, quoting FoxNews reporter Carl Cameron:
"The way I understand it, there were times when she would be so nasty and angry to staff that they were virtually reduced to tears."

Cameron went so far as to call Palin "hard to control emotionally" and said there was "talk of temper tantrums."

Fox video here
http://tinyurl.com/5hj37g

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »

Memphis, how can it be that being tolerant and open-minded goes against the Judeo-Christian tradition?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »

I don't know about the truth of all that is coming out about Palin. Someone made the point that when she was nominated, everybody and their brother in the media headed to Alaska with one purpose: to get the dirt on her. I remember it being reported that tabloids such as The National Inquirer were there in force, with money to pay for information.

If there was evidence that she was a dunce, hot-tempered, a diva, etc. I would think it would have come out. She hasn't been a private figure there, and she's lived there all her life, I think, except when she was in college.

In the absence of named sources, and recognizing there is still motivation to malign her, I'm not sure I'm ready to swallow all of the reports. Her record of service as Mayor and Governor stands pretty tall as being an effective advocate for the citizens within the State. I'm aware of the balance sheet in Wausilla (sp?) at her departure, but even those who were making a big deal about that were shot down by the population because of the needed improvements to the town she made as Mayor, and the need to pay for them. Even MSM reluctantly conceded that her accomplishment of actually confronting her own party when corruption was present, was not something they often saw within most State governments. Her approval rating was incredibly high, and the envy of most governors.

I would think a Diva would keep the jet, chauffeur, and cook.

I'm not sure there is another governor in the US who could have stood the scrutiny she has undergone and come out any cleaner, based on her record.

That's the record, and for now anyway, no one has come forward to put these latest allegations on the record. If someone does step forward to give weight to the allegations, then the opportunity will be there to question them and we can evaluate the answers. Before that, Palin bashing is just a popular blood sport that is an all girl game. JMO.

Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »

Thank you, CBB.

Your competent explanations of the concerns many of us have was very helpful.  You voiced (very well) some of the problems we have with the candidate, now Pres.-elect.

I'm thankful you took the time and, in some instances, had the patience to tackle issues.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »

w/ what has been revealed today
(from McCain staffers)
and was kept off the record
until after the election,
it's obvious that there is more (and less)
to the woman than previously thought

she could not name the NAFTA signatories:
US/Canada/Mexico
(NAFTA = North American Free Trade Agreement)

she thought that Africa was a country,
rather than a continent

she refused to be prepped
for the Couric interviews
(hindsight: uh oh)

also, quoting FoxNews reporter Carl Cameron:
"The way I understand it, there were times when she would be so nasty and angry to staff that they were virtually reduced to tears."

Cameron went so far as to call Palin "hard to control emotionally" and said there was "talk of temper tantrums."

Fox video here
http://tinyurl.com/5hj37g

finngirl ~ this is exactly what I was talking about.

First, last night a close aide of Palins, and I'm sorry I didn't catch who it was, was on TV disputing the nasty rumors. The aide said that a stylist was hired and told to make Palin 'vice presidential'. The stylist was given carte blanche and Palin did not have any idea what the clothes cost, etc. Do you really think that Palin had time to go shop and buy $150k plus of clothes? I don't.
The aide also said that it was not true that Palin did not know that Africa was a continent. She obviously knew what they were talking about and said that Palin was merely asking for clarification of a question. Doesn't this strike you as extremely petty? Do you think that the person who doesn't want to be identified might have a vendetta? I do, and if Sarah Palin lost her temper with this person, I don't blame her. Haven't you ever worked with or been around someone who would love to do you in? I have.

Secondly, Wednesday night, Bill O'Reilly showed a clip of an interview with Chevy Chase in which Chase admitted that he sought to destroy President Ford's chances against Jimmy Carter by portraying Ford as a bumbling idiot on SNL. http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/tamcam/archive/2008/11/04/chevy-chase-and-his-presidential-memories.aspx
Chase then said that the same thing was going on now. He asked the interviewer if they really thought Tina Fey was impersonating Palin because she was just so funny. Not! SNL sought to influence the election and sway their viewers to the Obama side by portraying Sarah Palin as an idiot. They were successful.

Lastly, if there's one thing I learned while following Natalee's tragic story, it's that you cannot believe what you see and hear from the MSM. Haven't we all seen this? We know that there was so much more to the story and that only bits and pieces, many incorrect were spewed by the MSM for a variety of reasons, and a variety of agendas.

My point is, they are trying to destroy Sarah Palin. Why? I suspect it is because she is smart and capable and a real threat to the liberal agenda. JMO of course, and I have always valued your posts and insights in the Shango thread. I think you are a very sharp woman. 
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »

Memphis, how can it be that being tolerant and open-minded goes against the Judeo-Christian tradition?

A's Fever ~ I meant that often tolerance and being open-minded are considered the most important values. Personally, I feel that integrity, honesty, courage, kindness, humility, etc., are much more important. And yes, I am one who feels that character does matter.

Having said the above, let me clarify a few things.

I realize that there are all kinds of different views on this board, but it is one of the few places were I actually "hear" others voicing the same values and feeling that I have a Christian and a conservative. I doesn't mean that I consider anyone with a differing view as an enemy. Not at all. I have friends, family and clients with different viewpoints. I am fairly certain that one of my dearest friends voted for Obama. I'm not going to ask, but knowing some of her views on healthcare, etc., I would guess that she did. Regardless, I still love, respect and care about her. I have a dinner buddy who sincerely feels that if you consider homosexuality a sin, then you are a bad person. I've tried to explain to her that just because you don't agree with someone's choices doesn't make you their enemy, but she doesn't get it. I don't go there with her anymore. I have clients from all walks of life, including many involved in the gay lifestyle. Just because I don't agree with their choices, or think them harmful, doesn't mean I don't respect them and care about them as people. In fact, I really, really like my gay Republican clients.   
Klaas is a democrat and I like her and have great respect for her. 

My point is, everyone likes to find people who feel the way they feel. It's the human condition. For me, it seems to be getting harder to find such. I was expressing appreciation for CBB's posts because I feel she expresses my viewpoint better than I.      That's all.   

Just edited to get rid of excess space! 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 08:47:24 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »

I kept losing my posts, ugh!

finngirl ~ I just wanted to add one more thing about Sarah Palin. The fact is she is a governor, and a very popular one at that. She has a proven track record and is known as someone who gets results. I can guarantee you that she is not the dummy many would have you believe. Personally, I can't imagine how she does it all. I am in awe.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »

Right On, Memphis! I don't think anyone can dispute that MSM has made a sport of Palin bashing. The motivation for doing so is most obviously the threat she was to their Presidential endorsement of Obama. Think back to the McCain campaign prior to his pick of Palin. There was a stark contrast to this black, eloquent, young, candidate who inspired young and old alike with promise of "Change" and a military, gray haired, stiff, candidate, echoing many of Bush's policies. Adding another white male to the ticket would sort of "seal" that image, and make no mistake, Obama was slickly packaged.

McCain's best decision in the entire campaign was to add this successful, young, female Governor. With that one decision he did all that was possible to level the playing field, and no one in the media saw it coming. She was a sudden and real threat to their candidate and they responded with unprecedented vigor. Palin's nomination is the precise point where even the pretense of un-bias no longer mattered.

And there was more. Palin embodied true conservative values. She talked and walked them. Abortion, gay marriage, and all the issues that Hollywood and the media smugly dismiss as values of days gone by were suddenly in their face and to their horror, people were enthusiastically rallying to them. She had to be utterly destroyed and it took all MSM with Tina Fey's help to do it, but together with Bush's legacy, it was managed. NOT overwhelmingly, as we are being fed. Senator Obama ran four points better nationally than John Kerry did in 2004 and 2.5 points better than Al Gore did in 2000. These small changes on the margin meant all the difference between winning and losing.

Senator Obama, the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate, won in a country that remains center-right. Most pre-election polls and the exits indicate America remains ideologically stable, with 34% of voters saying they are conservative -- unchanged from 2004. Moderates went to 44% from 45% of the electorate, while liberals went to 22% from 21%. Obama had those around him that knew the climate, and he actually won by emphasizing some  conservative principles. How many times did we hear "lower taxes for 95% of Americans", and tough talk of beefing up troops in Afghanistan? He scaled back his rampage of End The Iraq War and End it NOW.

There's a real lesson to learn here, and I hope Republicans get it. When democrats loose, it's always about the candidate. Gore was a stiff tree hugger, Mondale was sad, Kerry a dork. That allows them to never blame the message, and keep their liberalism intact. Republicans, on the other hand often listen to the criticisms. And when they do, they loose.  Reagan won two landslide victories and he never responded to "political correctness" which is actually the bridge that has been built to get conservatives to travel left without following the roadsigns.

The funeral that CNN conducted on election night of "the old, tired conservative message" was a good try. It was premature. McCain, a true hero, is a moderate, and I give him incredible credit for pulling it as close as he did under unimaginable circumstances. IF there is a Republican candidate who will clearly state his message and stick to it without blinking, and resist apologizing for them, then the next election will swing the pendulum again. It would help if that candidate were young, and eloquent, but the message simply has to be there.

From what I have seen committed and tolerated against Sarah Palin, I'm not sure this country has arrived at the level of maturity for the top of the ticket to be a woman. That's been a sad realization for me in this election, but I remember that Blacks got the vote before women did, and I scratch my head to hear the moaning over them crying prejudice and bigotry.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 09:09:06 PM »

By the way, the motive to continue the attack on Palin is to squash the ideology she represented, and to bolster the support of Obama as the right choice. I don't know how long this will last but I actually saw Chris Matthews say, "It's my job to make sure this President elect is successful"

He just put voice to the rest of the media, and we're going to have to watch and think instead of listen.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 09:29:19 PM »

I don't know why anyone would continue to bash Palin.

Has she had to put aside her past business and personal associates due to continued speculatiion?

I think the people of Alaska made a smart choice, and one that will continue to speak well of their state.

In the future, with global government, perhaps there will be an opportunity for individual states to realign, say with Canada or Mexico.  Maybe Alaska among others, will break away the the other 49 and look for independence.  The nations over the northern pond are another option.  jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 09:36:05 PM »

I don't know why anyone would continue to bash Palin.

Has she had to put aside her past business and personal associates due to continued speculatiion?

I think the people of Alaska made a smart choice, and one that will continue to speak well of their state.

In the future, with global government, perhaps there will be an opportunity for individual states to realign, say with Canada or Mexico.  Maybe Alaska among others, will break away the the other 49 and look for independence.  The nations over the northern pond are another option.  jmho

I believe they continue to bash her to destroy her image so she has no chance of being nominated in 2012.  Personally, the more they bash, the more I like her.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 07:51:46 AM »

Take a look at the blunders by Obama. He was the top of the ticket and had prepared to run for the Office of the President since he stepped into the Senate! Ask yourself how far he would have gotten if the media had treated him the way they have treated Palin:

1. “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.

2. “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”

3. In front of a roaring Sioux Falls, S.D., audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you, Sioux City. ... I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”

4. Explaining why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?

5. “There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Ala., because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they (his parents) got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.”
Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965. His spokesman, Bill Burton, later explained that Obama was “speaking metaphorically about the civil-rights movement as a whole.”

6. Referring to translators: “We only have a certain number of them, and if they are all in Iraq, then it’s harder for us to use them in Afghanistan.” The real reason it’s “harder for us to use them” in Afghanistan: Iraqis speak Arabic or Kurdish. The Afghanis speak Pashto, Farsi, or other non-Arabic languages.

7. Obama pleaded ignorance of the decades-old, multibillion-dollar massive Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup: “Here’s something that you will rarely hear from a politician, and that is that I’m not familiar with the Hanford, uuuuhh, site, so I don’t know exactly what’s going on there. (Applause.) Now, having said that, I promise you I’ll learn about it by the time I leave here on the ride back to the airport.”
I assume on that ride, a staffer reminded him that he’s voted on at least one defense-authorization bill that addressed the “costs, schedules, and technical issues” dealing with the nation’s most contaminated nuclear-waste site.

8. Last March, the Chicago Tribune reported this little-noticed nugget about a fake autobiographical detail in Obama’s Dreams from My Father: “Then, there’s the copy of Life magazine that Obama presents as his racial awakening at age 9. In it, he wrote, was an article and two accompanying photographs of an African-American man physically and mentally scarred by his efforts to lighten his skin. In fact, the Life article and the photographs don’t exist, say the magazine’s own historians.”

9. And in perhaps the most seriously troubling set of gaffes of them all, Obama told a Portland crowd over the weekend that Iran doesn’t “pose a serious threat to us” — cluelessly arguing that “tiny countries” with small defense budgets can’t do us harm — and then promptly flip-flopped the next day, claiming, “I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave.”

Source: http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=MWZjY2YzZWVkMjdkMDEzMGQ0MjJkNTUyN2FkNmMzYTc

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2008, 12:03:29 AM »

A's Fever ~ I meant that often tolerance and being open-minded are considered the most important values. Personally, I feel that integrity, honesty, courage, kindness, humility, etc., are much more important. And yes, I am one who feels that character does matter.

Having said the above, let me clarify a few things.

I realize that there are all kinds of different views on this board, but it is one of the few places were I actually "hear" others voicing the same values and feeling that I have a Christian and a conservative. I doesn't mean that I consider anyone with a differing view as an enemy. Not at all. I have friends, family and clients with different viewpoints. I am fairly certain that one of my dearest friends voted for Obama. I'm not going to ask, but knowing some of her views on healthcare, etc., I would guess that she did. Regardless, I still love, respect and care about her. I have a dinner buddy who sincerely feels that if you consider homosexuality a sin, then you are a bad person. I've tried to explain to her that just because you don't agree with someone's choices doesn't make you their enemy, but she doesn't get it. I don't go there with her anymore. I have clients from all walks of life, including many involved in the gay lifestyle. Just because I don't agree with their choices, or think them harmful, doesn't mean I don't respect them and care about them as people. In fact, I really, really like my gay Republican clients.   
Klaas is a democrat and I like her and have great respect for her. 

My point is, everyone likes to find people who feel the way they feel. It's the human condition. For me, it seems to be getting harder to find such. I was expressing appreciation for CBB's posts because I feel she expresses my viewpoint better than I.      That's all.   

Just edited to get rid of excess space! 

Thanks for the clarification Memphis.  You sound like a wonderful friend and person!
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2008, 12:04:21 AM »

There are some things we can do to stop the MSM from pushing their agenda too hard.  Stop buying newspapers and magazines owned by lose with a liberal agenda.  Don't watch or boycott stations that don't have unbiased newscasters (as opposed to talking heads).  When Congress attempts to pass the Fairness Doctrine (which is really an attempt to shut down conservative talk radio) write, call, fax, and email them.  Ask all your friends to do the same.

I have a coworker whose a life-long Democrat.  She wouldn't vote for Obama, becuase of his skin color (which is silly, because there are too amny good reasons to dislike him).  She fears anyone who basis a political decision based upon their religious beliefs, but has no problem with gay marriage.  She also thinks I'm a bigot, because I don't want a gay agenda taught in schools.  As far as sex education, she believes that the government should be responsible for anything parents fail to do.  Anybody who doesn't think the way she does is just ignorant, bigoted, etc.  Like many liberals, it never occurs to them, that they might be the misguided ones.

Ree ~ I didn't mean to ignore you. I read your post and agreed. I find it puzzling that those who claim they want tolerance are often the least tolerant of people with different views.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 12:08:12 AM »

Thanks for the clarification Memphis.  You sound like a wonderful friend and person!

Awww...thanks A's fever. I wasn't expecting to hear that. You are very kind.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »

cbb ~ I'll be back to respond/agree with your excellent posts. 

I just lost my long reply and am getting too tired to think. Latter.
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.