April 20, 2024, 07:21:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ya'll Wanted Change....But Wait...Not So Much.....  (Read 2929 times)
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: November 07, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

Yep, ya'll screamed for change, begged for change looked and sought a new messiah to save you, and save the economy. Obama stated a million times over that he would govern from the center.

Well...not so much...see below:

Barack Obama, who ran on a platform of change and a message of bipartisanship, has tapped a Washington insider with a reputation for hardball politics to run his White House staff.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/06/emanuel-accepts-offer-obamas-chief-staff/

And so the backpedaling on his millions and millions of promises begin. In about 12-18 maybe 24 months when this country is in a mess, traditional family values destroyed and we are on the verge of annihilation from the Middle East don't say we did'nt tell ya so.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Huh?? You mean I gotta board now??
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:56:34 PM »

RUSSIA 'MISSILES' RUIN OBAMA-FEST

By STEVE GUTTERMAN and VLADIMIR ISACHENKOV, AP

Posted: 4:52 am
November 6, 2008
MOSCOW - Russia will deploy short-range missiles near Poland to counter US military plans in Eastern Europe, President Dmitry Medvedev warned yesterday in a combative tone that clashed with global goodwill over Barack Obama's election.
In his first state-of-the-nation speech, Medvedev blamed the United States for the war in Georgia and the world financial crisis, and suggested it was up to Washington to mend badly damaged ties.
After the speech, the Kremlin announced Medvedev had congratulated Obama in a telegram saying he was "counting on a constructive dialogue with you on the basis of trust and taking each other's interests into account."
Echoing Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, who made criticism of Washington and the West a hallmark of his eight-year presidency, Medvedev used his speech in an ornate Kremlin reception hall to cast Russia as a nation threatened by encroaching American military might.
"From what we have seen in recent years - the creation of a missile-defense system, the encirclement of Russia with military bases, the relentless expansion of NATO - we have gotten the clear impression that they are testing our strength," Medvedev said.
In Washington, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack emphasized that the planned missile defenses were not aimed at Russia.
Medvedev's speech also proposed increasing the Russian presidential term to six years from four - a change that could deepen Western concern over democracy in Russia and play into the hands of his mentor, Putin, who has not ruled out a return to the Kremlin

The fact that the Russians chose hours after the election to pull this doesn't bode well for the challenges ahead, either, IMO.
nicnic
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

how is creating a missile defense system an act of aggression towards russia?

I'm sure a LOT of other countries are more than happy that Obama got elected, because they know that he will be about as great with foriegn policy/military movements as Clinton was. They have no one to stand up to them now..and there aren't enough republicans in senate now to stand up to "the one" either.

sheesh...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »

Yep, ya'll screamed for change, begged for change looked and sought a new messiah to save you, and save the economy. Obama stated a million times over that he would govern from the center.

Well...not so much...see below:

Barack Obama, who ran on a platform of change and a message of bipartisanship, has tapped a Washington insider with a reputation for hardball politics to run his White House staff.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/06/emanuel-accepts-offer-obamas-chief-staff/

And so the backpedaling on his millions and millions of promises begin. In about 12-18 maybe 24 months when this country is in a mess, traditional family values destroyed and we are on the verge of annihilation from the Middle East don't say we did'nt tell ya so.

And isn't this insider who made the comment that the Republicans could go f**k themselves?  Bi-partisan by arse.
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 02:21:59 PM »

how is creating a missile defense system an act of aggression towards russia?

I'm sure a LOT of other countries are more than happy that Obama got elected, because they know that he will be about as great with foriegn policy/military movements as Clinton was. They have no one to stand up to them now..and there aren't enough republicans in senate now to stand up to "the one" either.

sheesh...

Yes and all this when Franks wants to cut the military 25%!  Cold War II here we come.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:35:34 PM »

Change.. Each side has there own perspective of view on change. It depends on what side of the fence you are standing on.

But in all actuality we have not seen what changes may be accomplished quite yet.
 Maybe it will be a good change.

But
In perspective, Hugo Chavez has changed the view in Venezuela over the last 3 plus years. Most of the Venezuela rich people are now living in Florida.. Urbina is in prison. Maria Machado is hiding for her life. There are food shortages..
The government has gained control over most businesses. The average citizen is still poor.
Hugo is now a lifetime dictator of Venezuela and a proven member of the FARC. Venezuela is now a member of OPEC and best friends with Russian underworld.

I just hope 4 years with Obama will not see these types of changes.
I believe Some Americans want these changes for America.

Obama can not be blamed for the currant mess America is in now.
The Bush administration and House Senate and congress wear that hat forever.
Obama was part in that decision making process.

His first choice is very alarming to me.
Watch out for your rights in the future.. I love America.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »

Metro, I think Obama signed away any possibility of an egalitarian platform when he got into bed with Pelosi - I really do think it's just that simple.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 02:39:27 PM »

In addition, I am beginning to realize that Pelosi may hold more power than even our President - including our President-elect now and when in office.

God help us all, her face reminds me of a crazed zealot.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Slogger
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 03:22:15 PM »

In addition, I am beginning to realize that Pelosi may hold more power than even our President - including our President-elect now and when in office.

Ah None, did you have to give us that mental picture! LALALALA, holding hands over eyes does NOT help.

Yes, Pelosi is one of the ALL-POWERFUL.  Obama is going to be looking around for help and advice . . . because he doesn't have "a clue" about the answers.

The "honeymoon" was over before the celebration started.

Constitution101    hillsdale.edu/constitution/
Courtesy is requested; Respect is Earned.
Pace Yourself, for the LongHaul.  MOs
crazybabyborg
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »

Oh, None! You captured it in the word, CRAZED! Yeah, she has that sick smile and patronizing voice as she carries a knife to stab.

Did you guys see Obama's Press Conference? I missed most of it, so I'll have to catch up. I did, however hear the slap at Nancy Reagan. What the heck was THAT all about!?

So much for class and graciousness. All he has is persona, and that comment isn't going to polish that at all!
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »

Ah None, did you have to give us that mental picture! LALALALA, holding hands over eyes does NOT help.

Yes, Pelosi is one of the ALL-POWERFUL.  Obama is going to be looking around for help and advice . . . because he doesn't have "a clue" about the answers.

The "honeymoon" was over before the celebration started.

He'll just go ask Oprah!!!!

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »

Change.. Each side has there own perspective of view on change. It depends on what side of the fence you are standing on.

But in all actuality we have not seen what changes may be accomplished quite yet.
 Maybe it will be a good change.

But
In perspective, Hugo Chavez has changed the view in Venezuela over the last 3 plus years. Most of the Venezuela rich people are now living in Florida.. Urbina is in prison. Maria Machado is hiding for her life. There are food shortages..
The government has gained control over most businesses. The average citizen is still poor.
Hugo is now a lifetime dictator of Venezuela and a proven member of the FARC. Venezuela is now a member of OPEC and best friends with Russian underworld.

I just hope 4 years with Obama will not see these types of changes.
I believe Some Americans want these changes for America.

Obama can not be blamed for the currant mess America is in now.
The Bush administration and House Senate and congress wear that hat forever.
Obama was part in that decision making process.

His first choice is very alarming to me.
Watch out for your rights in the future.. I love America.

I love America too..with all my heart!! My friends and family kid me because I get choked up everytime I hear the National Anthem.

But I gotta say...I'm skeered!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Atlmetroguy
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 03:54:11 PM »

Metro, I think Obama signed away any possibility of an egalitarian platform when he got into bed with Pelosi - I really do think it's just that simple.

I agree completely. Pelosi is a typical San Francisco liberal with an extreme left agenda. I know San Francisco as I have been traveling there for 15+ years now and my company is based in the Bay Area and I'm there 1-2 times a month, it's the wild wild west out there.

Not to offend anybody from the Bay Area though it is a wonderful place to visit and strikingly beautiful just politically left of where I am at Smile

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 03:55:03 PM »

Well, we'll have a fresh and minty environment to enjoy our unemployment and poverty in!   

Maybe we could open the country up as a Safari Park and let the tickets be the basis of our economy.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 08:31:49 PM »

He'll just go ask Oprah!!!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.