April 19, 2024, 12:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Alaska learned about Palin  (Read 1568 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 07, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »

Although she campaigned against rabid partisanship in her bid for the governor's office, we learned that when the job calls for it, she is capable and willing to become a hard-liner for her party. Her legacy as governor, however, has been based more on cooperation than confrontation.

Many of her staunchest supporters here were Democrats who appreciated her willingness to reach across the aisle to get the job done. With team spirit and a singular vision, Palin achieved more progress in two years toward the development of a natural gas pipeline than the previous two administrations put together.

She ushered in reform at a time when Alaskan legislators were being convicted of corruption, and she welcomed an investigation that would clear her of wrongdoing in what became known as Troopergate.

Many of these hard-core enthusiasts were the same people who succeeded in their grass-roots, statewide effort to put Palin in office in the first place. Through groups like Alaskans for Reform, we learned that Alaskans don't need anyone's permission to stand up for what they believe.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/johnson.palin.alaska/?iref=mpstoryview

Palin is a woman of action. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:21 AM »

I love her..
ummm .. Dont tell her husband ..Or my wife... 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.