March 28, 2024, 02:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice Must Protect the Rights of Voters From Fraud - Acorn  (Read 2012 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 07, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »

Justice Must Protect the Rights of Voters From Fraud

Your editorial "Justice and Vote Fraud" (Oct. 27) expresses concern about the seeming lack of interest at the Justice Department in enforcing the Help America Vote Act and investigating the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now.

Against this backdrop, the department's recent failure to act in the case filed by a private party against the Ohio secretary of state in which two federal courts have specifically found that the secretary of state is not complying with the verification requirements of HAVA, is difficult to fathom. Its similar lack of action in Wisconsin, where the state election board is also not complying with HAVA, is equally perplexing. This appears to be a dereliction of the department's obligations to enforce federal law.

The authors of the Oct. 24 letter also mistakenly claim that federal investigations by the Department of Justice of fraudulent voter registrations should be put on hold before an election because it will somehow have "a serious chilling effect on voters, especially minority voters." Precisely the opposite is true. It is the protection of legitimate voting activities that demands immediate and uncompromising pursuit of voter registration fraud especially during election cycles. Otherwise, the legitimate votes of both minority and nonminority voters will be threatened with vote dilution by those who fraudulently register and cast a fraudulent ballot.

We hope that Attorney General Mukasey will assure the American people that the Justice Department intends to prosecute all voter registration and other fraud, and that he will enforce all of the federal voting rights laws that are important to preserving the fairness and security of the election process.

Hans A. von Spakovsky
Former Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for Civil Rights
Vienna, Va.

This letter was also signed by Roger Clegg, Michael A. Carvin, Wm. Bradford Reynolds, Robert N. Driscoll and Charles J. Cooper.

read the whole letter here -

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122593381486403639.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

I am waiting for the post election investigations.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:02:56 PM »

No ID? Sure you can vote
Leah Jones • Reader Submitted • November 7, 2008

I live in Rochester. More specifically, Irondequoit. I went to vote, and was very happy to support my candidate. However, I left my polling place with a very negative feeling. Purely because we were not asked for any type of ID to vote.

This is a great disappointment in the political process. Not only does the inacurracy occur there, but I could clearly see written on the sign-in sheet under my boyfriend's name the words "ID REQUIRED" in bold letters. Was he asked for his ID? No.

It's wrong enough that not everyone is required to be ID'd but even the ones that ARE, are not being asked for it. This is a travesty to the voting system in the United States. Absolutely anyone can look up a name in the phone book, Google, or many other places on the Internet and have all they need to commit voter fraud: a name and an address.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20081107/LOCAL03/811040342/1001/BUSINESS

Identity theft happens every day...

http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fraud/websites/idtheft.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »

Voter ID legislation is a priority
November 6th, 2008

For years, House Republicans have pushed to increase Oklahomans’ faith in their elections by requiring identification prior to voting, including a free state-issued voter ID card. But, Democrats have blocked the effort, claiming an ID will disenfranchise poor voters.

“We are not asking low-income voters to pay anything for identification,” said Benge, R-Tulsa. “And anyone who shows up to the polls to vote on Election Day without an ID would still be able to cast a ballot and have their vote counted if they swear to their identity in a written affidavit.”

“Free and fair elections are the backbone of our democracy, and if Oklahomans do not have trust in our election system, that will only further suppress turnout and increase voter apathy,” said Benge. “We absolutely want to bring new voters into the fold, but we must protect against fraud by ensuring only those able to vote are casting ballots so when our election results are announced, Oklahomans can be confident in the results.”

http://www.tulsabeacon.com/?p=1119

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 10:13:05 PM »

SOS in Minnesota

In the election on Tuesday, Ritchie said his office "received no reports whatsoever of fraudulent voting occurring," but most news reports omitted the fact that a conservative watchdog group called Minnesota Majority repeatedly urged Ritchie to clean up the state's voter data. The group urged "a thorough review and verification of all voter registration records."

Minnesota Majority claimed last month that there were thousands of irregularities in voter lists, including 261,000 duplicative registrations and 63,000 voters listing an address that the post office reported was "non-deliverable."

Most media reports also leave out the fact that Ritchie has extensive ties to the controversial in-your-face direct action group, ACORN (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now), whose employees have been implicated in electoral fraud time and time again.

As the politically astute Joseph Stalin once remarked, "The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."

http://www.spectator.org/archives/2008/11/07/sos-in-minnesota/1

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 10:19:56 PM »

Nearly 5,000 challenge ballots cast; most accepted
System of verifying citizenship controversial

About 4,770 voters in Georgia were informed last week they would have to vote on a paper “challenge” ballot on Election Day because their citizenship was in question.

It was up to the voters to clear up the matter with their county elections office this week in order for their challenged vote to count.

In Gwinnett County, 300 people used the paper “challenge” ballot because the state was unsure whether they were citizens. Of those, 192 returned to the county elections office this week to bring documents proving they are citizens, said Lynn Ledford, Gwinnett’s elections director.

But 108 voters did not return. Gwinnett’s board of elections held a hearing Friday morning to give those voters one last chance to prove their citizenship. No one attended, so the board will not count their votes.

In Cobb County, 227 people cast challenge ballots on Election Day. Of those, 161 returned to furnish their documents, said Beth Kish, Cobb county’s voter registration manager. Many people faxed in proof of their citizenship status, she said. “To have this many cleared up is fantastic,” Kish said.

But 51 voters who cast challenge ballots had not provided proof of citizenship when the county held a hearing on Friday. Those votes will not be counted.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/11/08/challenge_ballots_georgia.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

Evidence of Election Fraud Mounts in Minnesota

Only this time, the villains are not nefarious Republican computer hackers sabotaging Diebold voting machine software, but rather more traditional corruption among state and local electioneering officials. Powerline reports on some odd irregularities in the process of “updating” votes — exactly 100 at a time — in favor of Democrat Al Franken in Minnesota’s closely contested Senate race:

UPDATE: Hot off the press, the first apparent evidence of fraud. Last night at around 7:30, a precinct in Mountain Iron, St. Louis County, mysteriously updated its vote total to add 100 new votes–all 100 for Barack Obama and Al Franken.

Mountain Iron uses optical scanning, so the Coleman campaign asked for a copy of the tape documenting the ballots cast on election night. St. Louis County responded by providing a tape that includes the newly-added 100 votes, and is dated November 2–the Sunday before the election. St. Louis County reportedly denies being able to produce the genuine tape from election night, even though Minnesota law, as I understand it, requires that tape to be signed by the election judges and publicly displayed.

http://www.poligazette.com/2008/11/08/evidence-of-election-fraud-mounts-in-minnesota/

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.