April 26, 2024, 12:46:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...nation's...balls in a jar...on destiny's fireplace  (Read 1313 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2008, 09:23:43 AM »

Gasoline is Becoming Too Inexpensive

October 16, 2008

Special Report -- I can almost hear your yipping and growling, but deal with this truth: when I'm mostly right, I'm mostly right.

Lay down your ax handles and let me explain.

What this country needs is a new reality. The old reality was working just fine for some of you, but everybody else was getting hosed.

For Americans, there are certain global expectations that must be met. Obligations, if you will. Talk loud, talk fast, spend more, get a good deal, spend even more, promote democracy. Import foreign TV game shows and export franchised fast food.

That precept has worked out pretty well for the first two hundred years or so, but history assigns a sell-by date to every superpower and there are indications the U.S.A. is about to get moved to the clearance aisle. Manager's special for the beacon of hope.

Why? Our nation's lack of energy independence ended up leaving its balls in a jar that now sits on destiny's fireplace mantle.

How do we reclaim our supremacy? It's going to take willpower, self-control, and a special kind of love for Plan B.

read more here -
http://smithismyrealname.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/10/gasoline-is-bec.html

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.