March 28, 2024, 10:25:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ...delayed birth certificate...based on false documents...  (Read 1824 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2008, 09:43:12 AM »

Can't happen in the US?

Woman pleads guilty to passport fraud

November 7, 2008 - 7:23PM

Kevin Sieff

The Brownsville Herald

She obtained the passport in 2005 through a court-ordered delayed birth certificate that the government now says was based on false documents. Approximately 1,000 Texans receive delayed birth certificates every year.

Before receiving her passport, Payan de Castillo was convicted of attempted illegal entry into the United States in 1998 and 2004 and deported three times before her Sept. 15 arrest. Payan de Castillo's plea confirms the government's suspicions that she was born in Mexico.

"I pray that the judge will see in this woman not a criminal but someone caught in something out of Kafka - a federal agency that grants passports and then takes them away," said her priest, the Rev. Michael Seifert, "that allows someone to cross back and forth into the country 89 times, serve on a jury, vote, and, of course, pay taxes and only four years later change its mind."

read the rest here - http://www.themonitor.com/articles/passport_19677___article.html/payan_castillo.html

What is the alternative?  Join the thousand of people that file papers and wait patiently to come to the US legally? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.