April 26, 2024, 09:14:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #56  (Read 303277 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: November 09, 2008, 09:24:28 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee0908nov09,0,3828880.story

1,400 refuse to give up on finding Caylee Anthony
Eloisa Ruano Gonzalez

Sentinel Staff Writer

November 9, 2008

ORLANDO

More than 1,400 volunteers searched Saturday for Caylee Marie Anthony, the Orange County child who captured hearts nationwide after her June disappearance, making it one of the largest searches in U.S. history.

"Caylee has touched and broken the hearts of everybody across the country," said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, which operated a command center near Orlando International Airport. "It shows how everybody fell in love with this little girl they never knew."

People from about 28 states, including Arizona, Iowa, New York and the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, joined EquuSearch to sweep through hundreds of wooded acres in Orange County, organizers said.

Among them was Dale Buster, 49, of St. Cloud, who tagged his T-shirt with "Caylee we are coming for you sweetheart."

Buster said he prays to find Caylee alive and safely in another state, although he acknowledges it is unlikely. After losing his daughter and, most recently, his mother, Buster said the Anthonys and families nationwide need closure.

"If we find the remains, that would hurt so bad," Buster said. "But at the same time, we'll know and we can say, 'She's in heaven.' "

Volunteers disagree on whether Caylee is alive. But volunteer Debra Lopez, a grandmother from Winter Park, is convinced the child is dead. She said Caylee needs to be returned home for a proper funeral. Lopez, 48, joined an afternoon search team with her friend, Freddy Collazo, 48, of Tampa.

"The truth needs to come out," Lopez said before boarding a search truck. "People are in agony."

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who helped post bail for Casey Anthony in August, also joined the search. Padilla said he did it out of spite, after Casey Anthony wouldn't help find the girl.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, was charged with first-degree murder last month in her daughter's disappearance. She also faces charges of aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

EquuSearch resumed its hunt for Caylee early Saturday, but only animal bones were found by nightfall, officials with the group said.

Volunteers will continue their search today at 8 a.m. and into Monday. They need donations for food and water, though, said Mandy Albritton, EquuSearch's deputy director for its search for Caylee.

Miller plans to stick around until Caylee is found or "we feel we've exhausted every resource we have."

"The best thing we can hope for is to bring her in for her final homecoming and allow her to have that funeral that she certainly deserves," Miller said.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »

Since our numbers aren't moving again, Do we get an extra 200 added to our count??? Just to keep it on the safe side?? 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:11 AM »

Since Murt is not going to be there, does anyone know of a stream or link that we can watch what is happening? I'm up in Michigan and there won't be any news coverage of it up here. 

Boo, I get the idea that Murt is a one-of-a-kind guy.  Primarily the only other individual live streaming I have seen concerns sports.   I think Murt is ahead of the pack this time which is why so many don't understand what he does!

If anyone discovers such a live streaming, I hope they post it.  I know yesterday's webcast made me feel a part of the search.  It was a good experience since geography and physical ailments prevent me from participating.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: November 09, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/17938513/detail.html

Search Resumes Sunday For Body Of Caylee Anthony
Saturday, November 8, 2008 – updated: 7:49 am EST November 9, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Volunteers gathered again Sunday morning to continue the search for Caylee Anthony's body.

Saturday’s search for Caylee's remains ended in disappointment, not only because she wasn’t found, but the crowd of searchers was smaller than expected.

About 1,500 volunteers showed up determined to find the toddler who disappeared in June.

"I just think it's time for closure for her family,” said searcher Lynda Parsons. “I think it's really time to find her."

Searchers scoured several areas on the east side of Orlando. They walked through dense brush, fields, even water. But aside from clothing and some apparent animal bones, they found nothing to indicate they child's remains were there.

"If you really want to delve into the mind of Casey (Anthony), delve deep into some shrink's ugly book, because she's an ugly minded person," said bounty hunter Leonard Padilla. He returned to Orlando for the search and attacked Casey for never helping.

The mother has caused pain for people across the country like Cathy Peters who came from Georgia to help find the beautiful brown-eyed little girl.

“She's in heaven and she just needs to be brought home to be buried,” said Peters. “Let her have her funeral…let the tears stop.”

Meanwhile, George Anthony showed up at the Kid Finders Command & Volunteer Center Saturday afternoon. He said he holds no ill will toward EquuSearch and its theory that Caylee is dead. The grandfather is holding out hope that Caylee would be found alive. He also said his wife, Cindy, was not taking the search too well. She was not at the Kid Finders location.

The Texas-based EquuSearch group, which is leading the search effort, is asking for more volunteers, donations, food and water.

If Caylee's body is not found by Tuesday, EquuSearch said it will decide whether to come back again. It said it has searched as many as seven times for one victim and it's successful about a third of the time, having found 300 victims so far.

"The weather's right, the water's down, the vegetation's down. We have the right equipment. With a little bit of luck, we'll be able to find Caylee and bring closure to this community," said EquuSearch founder Tim Miller.

The command post is near the corner of Judge Road and Shadowridge Drive (see map), almost directly north of Orlando International Airport.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: November 09, 2008, 09:28:41 AM »

Good Morning All!!
Sorry if this has already been posted http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee0908nov09,0,3828880.story

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2008, 09:29:08 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2008/11/9/search_for_caylee_continues.html

Search For Caylee Continues
Sunday, November 09, 2008 6:55:24 AM
Tools: E-mail | Print | Feedback | 

ORLANDO -- It is day two in the renewed search for Caylee Anthony by Texas Equusearch.

Around 1,400 volunteers spent Saturday looking for the 3-year-old whose mother is charged with her murder. Texas Equusearch expected closer to 3,000 to 5,000 volunteers and as many as 8,000 volunteers over the entire weekend search.

They said one of the things that might have limited the number of volunteers was a lack of organization to guide people to where they needed to go. On Sunday they set up more tape lines and put up signs so people know where to wait.

A 25-square mile search site near Orlando International Airport was the primary focus because of the locator pings from Casey Anthony's cell phone at the time Caylee went missing.  Searchers traveled on foot, by horse, by air and on all terrain vehicles.

They did report finding some animal bones, but so far have not found anything connected to Caylee.

Searchers will also be looking in three other areas -- Blanchard Park, the woods near the Anthony home and Moss Park.

EquuSearch's policy is to search an area three times before clearing it. Volunteers with less experience are trained to mark any area they consider suspicious and someone with more experience examines the area for clues.

Representatives from EquuSearch said they have all of their best people involved in the search and that their goal is to find Caylee this weekend.

Volunteers should meet at the command center with their completed volunteer forms before 8 a.m. Sunday morning. The command center is located at the corner of Judge Road and Shadowridge Drive behind the Hertz Car Rental. Click here for a map.

Searchers can download and print the volunteer form from EquuSearch's Web site. You must be 18 years old or older to participate. No children or dogs are allowed. Volunteers are asked to wear long pants and walking shoes or boots.

Anthony Family Continues Live Search
Meanwhile, George Anthony spent Saturday on North Goldenrod at the KidFinders Network tent. The family is trying to organize a search to find Caylee alive.

They said  they appreciate the support that Texas EquuSearch is providing.

"She's just adorable. It makes you think of all the other kids out there, if you can just help to find one," said Sharon Keeble, a volunteer.

Texas Equusearch has opened a new tip phone line which was put in on Saturday. That number is (407) 517-6333. It will be manned 24 hours a day.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:29 AM »

Caylee Anthony
Eloisa Ruano Gonzalez | Sentinel Staff Writer
November 9, 2008

ORLANDO - More than 1,400 volunteers searched Saturday for Caylee Marie Anthony, the Orange County child who captured hearts nationwide after her June disappearance, making it one of the largest searches in U.S. history.

"Caylee has touched and broken the hearts of everybody across the country," said Tim Miller, founder of Texas EquuSearch, which operated a command center near Orlando International Airport. "It shows how everybody fell in love with this little girl they never knew."

People from about 28 states, including Arizona, Iowa, New York and the commonwealth of Puerto Rico, joined EquuSearch to sweep through hundreds of wooded acres in Orange County, organizers said.

Among them was Dale Buster, 49, of St. Cloud, who tagged his T-shirt with "Caylee we are coming for you sweetheart."

Buster said he prays to find Caylee alive and safely in another state, although he acknowledges it is unlikely. After losing his daughter and, most recently, his mother, Buster said the Anthonys and families nationwide need closure.

"If we find the remains, that would hurt so bad," Buster said. "But at the same time, we'll know and we can say, 'She's in heaven.' "

Volunteers disagree on whether Caylee is alive. But volunteer Debra Lopez, a grandmother from Winter Park, is convinced the child is dead. She said Caylee needs to be returned home for a proper funeral. Lopez, 48, joined an afternoon search team with her friend, Freddy Collazo, 48, of Tampa.

"The truth needs to come out," Lopez said before boarding a search truck. "People are in agony."

Leonard Padilla, the bounty hunter who helped post bail for Casey Anthony in August, also joined the search. Padilla said he did it out of spite, after Casey Anthony wouldn't help find the girl.

Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, 22, was charged with first-degree murder last month in her daughter's disappearance. She also faces charges of aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

EquuSearch resumed its hunt for Caylee early Saturday, but only animal bones were found by nightfall, officials with the group said.

Volunteers will continue their search today at 8 a.m. and into Monday. They need donations for food and water, though, said Mandy Albritton, EquuSearch's deputy director for its search for Caylee.

Miller plans to stick around until Caylee is found or "we feel we've exhausted every resource we have."

"The best thing we can hope for is to bring her in for her final homecoming and allow her to have that funeral that she certainly deserves," Miller said.

Eloisa Ruano Gonzalez can be reached at egonzalez@orlandosentinel.com or 407-931-5940

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-caylee0908nov09,0,3828880.story

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2008, 09:31:09 AM »

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7812468&version=20&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Day 2: Search for Caylee continues  
1,500 volunteers turn out to aid in search 
Last Edited: Sunday, 09 Nov 2008, 9:25 AM EST 
Created: Friday, 07 Nov 2008, 8:01 AM EST 

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Texas Equusearch has resumed its search this morning for missing Orlando toddler Caylee Anthony.

The father of Casey's ex-boyfriend Jesse Grund opened Sunday's search efforts with a prayer.

On Saturday, Equusearch concluded its largest single-day search.  The last group of volunteers and workers headed out around 3 p.m. on Saturday afternoon for a final sweep of four search zones in East Orange County.

An hour earlier, a select group of Equusearch workers headed to an undisclosed secured area near the airport.  There was no word on what may have led this specialized, trained team to the area.

"Everything is going extremely well," Equusearch President Tim Miller said earlier in the day.  With 250 team leaders in place and more than 3,000 volunteers from 30 different states, Equusearch officials are hoping for a  major breakthrough.

One by one, volunteers signed up for search teams, breaking into groups armed with sticks for moving back brush and long bladed knives hoping to make the search easier.  Many searched on horseback.

There was a brief moment of hope in Blanchard Park just before noon. Divers pulled a bag of bones from a body of water behind the Blanchard Park YMCA.   The bones were turned over to crime scene investigators, who hauled it away around noon.   It was later determined that the bones were those of a dog and not a human.

"It turned out to be a dog's remains, but what it tells me is our people were watching very well finding this stuff and they know exactly what to do when they do find it," said an Equusearch spokesperson.

Among the volunteers is California Bounty Hunter, Leonard Padilla.  "I believe we will find Caylee by Monday," Padilla said. He arrived at the Orlando International Airport Thursday evening.He too will receive special training for this search. 

On Friday, Peterson says Equusearch officials will be meeting all day with team leaders and officials from the Orange County Sheriff's Office to get a game plan in place and map out the exact locations of the 130 areas they want to target.

"We get very involved in these cases, and this one is dear to my heart, for all of us and we want closure for everyone involved," Peterson said.

Lake County Sheriff's Association volunteer, Don Williams, says he joined the search hoping he wouldn't have to add Caylee to his waterfall of tears, a memorial he has constructed for slain children. 

"Waterfall of tears is a dedication to the murdered children that has been murdered by pedophiles, family members, just young kids who've been murdered for no reason," said Williams. "She (Caylee) needs to be with the rest of the angels, which she is now, but her name will be with the names of all the other angels."

"Do I believe they're going to find my granddaughter out there," asked Caylee's grandfather, George Anthony. "No," he said, but he does believe the hearts and minds of the volunteers are in the right place.

"The searches and stuff that are being done here and anywhere ... that these people go out to ... has to be done very systematically.  You have to have proper training of people to get the job done, said Anthony.

Caylee was last seen in June but her mother did not report her missing until July.  A body has not been recovered.   Caylee Anthony's mother, Casey Anthony, has been indicted on charges of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter and four counts of lying to investigators about the disappearance of her daughter. She has pleaded not guilty.

Operations will resume Sunday at 8 a.m. and new volunteers are welcome to sign up.  If you are interested in being a volunteer, you may print out and complete the volunteer registration agreement form which will speed up the registration process on the day of the search.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2008, 09:33:21 AM »

Yesterday was a bit of a disappointment but tell me this.... IF they did find something we wouldn't know right away right? I thought everyone was supposed to keep quiet about any finds and let LE and CSI do their thing. Maybe they did find something and we won't find out until later. The only info we got were rumors spread by people who were disobeying what Tim told them not to do. Why would a bag of dog bones be taken away by CSI if there are people there that can confirm quickly that it was a dog? There were also "private" searches by pros from TES where the other people were not allowed to go, maybe they found stuff too!

I'm really trying to grab onto some hope here. 

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2008, 09:39:41 AM »

1,400 refuse to give up on finding Caylee Anthony
Eloisa Ruano Gonzalez

Sentinel Staff Writer

November 9, 2008

ORLANDO

More than 1,400 volunteers searched Saturday for Caylee Marie Anthony, the Orange County child who captured hearts nationwide after her June disappearance, making it one of the largest searches in U.S. history.

"Padilla said he did it out of spite, after Casey Anthony wouldn't help find the girl."

I for one could care-less if I ever see this man again!What a horrible and callous thing to say.Tim should wash his hands of this bounty hunter and forbid him from showing his distracting self anywhere near the searching teams.jmo

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2008, 09:40:59 AM »

BooMonkey...that's my understanding of the process as well.  I don't think we will know anything until experts can confirm.  Let's just try to keep each others' spirits up!  So many praying, so many searching...it's all good.  And even though CA has decided that the sun sets at dawn, God has shown me something different this morning 
TOY
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2008, 09:43:57 AM »

Good morning, Klaas!  In the wee hours of the morning, I decided to change my user name to match what I use at Murt's site.  It sounded younger and more fun...LOL  Plus, it reminds me of carefree college days when I really did have a friend named Toy.

With all the excitement of the search, I hope everyone remembers Dana's show tonight.  I check almost every day to see if there's going to be a show.  I love his voice.  Plus, I like his interviews.

Have a good day, monkeys!  I pray that in this day "the Lord hath made" sweet baby Caylee will be brought home.

Thanks again to those who were able to search and to the others who contributed through donations and prayer.
 May today be the day of discovery!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: November 09, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »

Good morning, Klaas!  In the wee hours of the morning, I decided to change my user name to match what I use at Murt's site.  It sounded younger and more fun...LOL  Plus, it reminds me of carefree college days when I really did have a friend named Toy.

With all the excitement of the search, I hope everyone remembers Dana's show tonight.  I check almost every day to see if there's going to be a show.  I love his voice.  Plus, I like his interviews.

Have a good day, monkeys!  I pray that in this day "the Lord hath made" sweet baby Caylee will be brought home.

Thanks again to those who were able to search and to the others who contributed through donations and prayer.

I saw that 

Yes Dana is going to have a great show tonight!

The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio - Sunday, November 9, 2008 -
Guests Include Clint Van Zandt, Susan Murphy Milano, Mark Williams and Drew
Kesse

This week, Dana welcomes:

* Clint Van Zandt, Former FBI agent, author and securty expert
discusses the threat to high-profile people and presidents
    * Susan Murphy Milano, expert on domestic violence, discusses the
Barbara Sheehan case
    * Mark Williams, WNDB-AM news director updates us on the Anthony case
    * Drew Kesse, father of missing person Jennifer Kesse
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »

I saw that 

Kesse

Barbara Sheehan case

I'm such a Dana fan ! 

And a Bearlythere fan, she always cracks me up.  I'm still laughing at her late night/early morning posting about "who bronked him" and Dick.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2008, 09:57:23 AM »

I saw that 

Kesse

Barbara Sheehan case

GM again..
Is there a link to this radio station?

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
QUEEN-B
Scared Monkey

the lord shall watch over you as he does me

« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2008, 09:57:45 AM »

MT - Was George's command post very busy?  I can't believe they didn't give you any info at all on where to search .  Did George seem humiliated by being out there?  I felt horrible for him in his interview with LE.
i also felt bad for him and it seemed to me he was tring to give them cluse if you read it you will notice!!!! have a great day monkeys god bless
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »

"Padilla said he did it out of spite, after Casey Anthony wouldn't help find the girl."

I for one could care-less if I ever see this man again!What a horrible and callous thing to say.Tim should wash his hands of this bounty hunter and forbid him from showing his distracting self anywhere near the searching teams.jmo

[/quote]

Tater, I am with you on this one! Lenny has been an interesting character to follow and I usually back him up but not anymore. He did not come thru on his promise to get hundreds of bounty hunters/LE to help in the search this weekend. The only thing I have seen him do this weekend is give interviews and stand around.   Heck, why doesn't he go pick up some food and water for the searchers!

OK I feel better now Smile

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
CuriousCat
Monkey Junky Jr.

Our Little Princess

« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »

MT - Was George's command post very busy?  I can't believe they didn't give you any info at all on where to search .  Did George seem humiliated by being out there?  I felt horrible for him in his interview with LE.
i also felt bad for him and it seemed to me he was tring to give them cluse if you read it you will notice!!!! have a great day monkeys god bless

I can't in good conscious feel sorry for George. He needs to grow a new set and SPEAK UP!

"The Truth & Ms. Anthony are Strangers" -- Judge Stan Strickland
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2008, 10:03:45 AM »

I Have a *good feeling* about today.....Des

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
katntx
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »

First off I would like to say im sorry to anyone I offended over the Michael fiasco, I just saw something different and will now keep my opinions to myself and my mouth shut.  If anyone doesnt want me posting here let me know and I will go somehwere else.

Second, I did not donate yesterday as I saw alot of donations coming in and wanted to wait until today so they would not be short.  If anyone knows the status on what they need the most I would love to hear so I can help out today.  I dont want to send water if they had leftovers yesterday.  Any info from today would be appreciated.

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.