March 29, 2024, 08:29:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Can President Elect Obama Do? Yes he can!  (Read 1955 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 08, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »

What are the positive things a president elect Obama could do to make things better before he starts his new job

Here is one idea -

While he has the ear of the media, he could encourage ALL Americans to separate their trash and prevent recyclables from going into landfills.

Surely, the garbage people can identify those homes that never put out a blue bag.

I know many in my community and big urban and suburban areas like Chicago that have never separated a bag of trash in their lives.

There is no need for a government bail out to get started.  Blue bags may be found at the local dollar store.  Thousands of dollar stores in America.

Those Obama supporters with all the energy could take some time out (now that they are rested) and go door to door and encourage people to get started with the blue bag.

- Maybe some of the leftover Obama money could be used to provide a starter supply of blue bags to those hard hit by the economic crisis.

- Maybe an email crusade to raise funds one more time to get the project started.

Lots of things a president elect can get started on. 

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »

What are the positive things a president elect Obama could do to make things better before he starts his new job

Here is one idea -

While he has the ear of the media, he could encourage ALL Americans to separate their trash and prevent recyclables from going into landfills.

Surely, the garbage people can identify those homes that never put out a blue bag.

I know many in my community and big urban and suburban areas like Chicago that have never separated a bag of trash in their lives.

There is no need for a government bail out to get started.  Blue bags may be found at the local dollar store.  Thousands of dollar stores in America.

Those Obama supporters with all the energy could take some time out (now that they are rested) and go door to door and encourage people to get started with the blue bag.

- Maybe some of the leftover Obama money could be used to provide a starter supply of blue bags to those hard hit by the economic crisis.

- Maybe an email crusade to raise funds one more time to get the project started.

imho

He could announce that he's appointing some true conservatives to his cabinet and show us the really does plan to run a bipartisan White House.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »

Here is one idea -

imho

He could announce that he's appointing some true conservatives to his cabinet and show us the really does plan to run a bipartisan White House.

What if he appoints few conservatives? 

I think Americans need to really watch all the people they elected to office.  Let them know how you feel.

If the economy is still in the toilet after two or three years, will anyone want more change in the 'right' direction?

Voters are the reality check for politicians.  Will voters be apathetic now that they have voted?

Will politicians do more to protect the integrity of the voting process?  Make voter identification a priority?   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 11:51:44 AM »

Here is one idea -

imho

What if he appoints few conservatives? 

I think Americans need to really watch all the people they elected to office.  Let them know how you feel.

If the economy is still in the toilet after two or three years, will anyone want more change in the 'right' direction?

Voters are the reality check for politicians.  Will voters be apathetic now that they have voted?

Will politicians do more to protect the integrity of the voting process?  Make voter identification a priority?   

Those who "bought" that Republicans were the cause of the economic collapse will buy that Obama inherited such a mess from Bush he could never get it cleaned up in 4 years.  There is no incentive for Democrats to clean up voter fraud, because most of it benefits them.  Most voters are apathetic.  Only a small percentage really research the facts.  Too many pick a candidate based on how well they talk or how good they look.  It's funny, but now that Obama has been elected the newpapers are verifying that their coverage was unfair, just like we've been saying all along,  now that they convinced the electorate that McCain and Republicans in general are just nasty and mean spirited.  All we can do is watch and try to spread the word and hope that enough come to accept reality before too much damage is done to this great country of ours.  We need to teach our children what a great privilege it is too vote.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:19:02 PM »

Ree, I agree that many wanted to blame only Bush and the republicans for our recession.

That being said, a majority of those who elected Obama are students. Students are emotional, idealistic, and impatient. I don't think they will be as forgiving as past voters. The US has lost over a million jobs this year, our college graduates have to begin their careers and earn a living too.

I do think if that isn't feasible in the short term, that Obama can kiss goodbye excuses or requests for patience, or a second term.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 12:24:47 PM »

Ree, I agree that many wanted to blame only Bush and the republicans for our recession.

That being said, a majority of those who elected Obama are students. Students are emotional, idealistic, and impatient. I don't think they will be as forgiving as past voters. The US has lost over a million jobs this year, our college graduates have to begin their careers and earn a living too.

I do think if that isn't feasible in the short term, that Obama can kiss goodbye excuses or requests for patience, or a second term.

I thought so too, but I read an article the other day that he'd have won the election without the student vote.  I'm torn between hoping he doesn't screw things up for good and hoping he screws up so bad I can stick my tongue and says nasty things the way they have about Bush.  I may not like Obama, but I cannot tolerate disrespect for the President of the United States.  Disagree all you want, but show respect.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.