April 19, 2024, 03:19:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unlike in Canada, voting fraud widespread in U.S. states  (Read 1617 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 09, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »

Unlike in Canada, voting fraud widespread in U.S. states

Canadians have trouble understanding this -- because we're used to the federal government conducting national elections in a coherent and fair way -- uniform across the country. That's not at all the case in the U.S.

In the U.S. individual states are in charge of voting. And the officials who run polling stations are often political appointees with huge partisan biases. It's a recipe for disasters, and there have been some.

If a machine's memory fails, there is no opportunity for a recount. It's almost unbelievable. And although some areas have statewide systems, most elections are controlled by county election officials, some of whom are elected and highly partisan.

http://communities.canada.com/vancouversun/blogs/thesearch/archive/2008/11/04/unlike-in-canada-voting-fraud-widespread-in-u-s-states.aspx

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »

The Dark Side of Ghanaian Politics

- Sunday 9 November 2008.
Commentary

By Kofi Akosah-Sarpong, Ottawa.

In the United States, in the build up to the November 4 general elections, ACORN, a voter registration outfit, is accused and is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for alleged voter registration fraud. US analysts say the allegation against ACORN reflects the dark side of their country’s electoral system.

Some countries are so disciplined and better ordered that there appears to be no dark, rough side to their democratic system. In Canada, in the just ended October 14 parliamentary elections, the system seemed so civilized that there was no dark side of the electoral system reported, either with regard to voter registration fraud, attack on candidates, insults, threats, incitements for disorder, ex-Prime Ministers calling for parallel national security meetings in their houses because there is a violent clash somewhere, or juju-marabouts and other spiritualists darkening the political system.

But, in Ghana, as sparks from the ongoing electioneering campaigns indicate, things are different, and events can be darker.

http://www.thepatrioticvanguard.com/article.php3?id_article=3334

I think ACORN is a distraction to some of the real issues. 

Among the issues - voter identification at the polling place, verification of citizenship, and ensuring that identities (person, name, SS#, DL) only vote one time.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.