April 16, 2024, 06:52:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Elections - No Need For Registration or Voter ID  (Read 2298 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 09, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »

Liberal Lawyer's Group Wants Same-Day, Nationalized Voter Registration

Friday, November 07, 2008

By Matthew Cover

“There’s nothing in the Constitution that requires states to implement voter registration systems,” said Allison Hayward, a George Mason University law professor. “If a state decided that registration is a pain (and eliminates it), nobody has the ability at the federal level to say that that’s an inappropriate policy decision.”

Takaji criticized the way registration is being conducted, saying that its privatized nature leads to claims of registration fraud. He suggested that a federalized approach would be more efficient.

“We know that his can be done if the political and governmental will is put behind it,” Karlan said. “As long as we’re going to try to do this on the cheap, you get the registration system you’re willing to pay for.”

read the rest here -
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=38971

Let's just let everybody who's interested show up and vote!  No signs of voter fraud.   

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 06:21:15 PM »

“Free and fair elections are the backbone of our democracy, and if Oklahomans do not have trust in our election system, that will only further suppress turnout and increase voter apathy,” said Benge. “We absolutely want to bring new voters into the fold, but we must protect against fraud by ensuring only those able to vote are casting ballots so when our election results are announced, Oklahomans can be confident in the results.”

Last year, Rep. Sue Tibbs carried legislation that would have required identification to vote. The bill provided for a long list of identification options, including a free, state-issued voter ID card, a copy of a utility bill or a driver’s license. It also included language that would have allowed Oklahomans to vote without identification if they signed an affidavit attesting to their identity.

But, the legislation was killed by Democrats in the Senate despite a ruling of the Indiana Supreme Court around the same time in favor of its voter identification law citing the need to reduce voter fraud.

http://www.tulsabeacon.com/?p=1119

I wonder how many would drop off the voter rolls if they had to show an ID?  Not a utility bill (easily photoshopped), imho.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

In the Netherlands we don't have this voting issue either. Everybody is registered at the town they live in. They get their voter cards at their home-address and only then can they vote.

If you are not registered in city basic administration you cannot get a drivers license, get married, get a passport (which is mandatory). So you have to register and then you automatically get a voters card, IF you are licensed to vote.

Criminals who have committed crimes against the sate can be (and most often are) excluded. Serious felons during their sentence and if the judge so orders for a few years after his release will be disqualified from voting. Stateless people (like those who collaborated with the Germans during WW2 and who had their civil and civic rights revocked) are also not alloted to vote.

In our country, foreigners who live for more than 5 years in the Netherlands have the right to vote too, but they cannot run for National offices, only for local ones.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 06:36:53 PM »

“Free and fair elections are the backbone of our democracy, and if Oklahomans do not have trust in our election system, that will only further suppress turnout and increase voter apathy,” said Benge. “We absolutely want to bring new voters into the fold, but we must protect against fraud by ensuring only those able to vote are casting ballots so when our election results are announced, Oklahomans can be confident in the results.”

Last year, Rep. Sue Tibbs carried legislation that would have required identification to vote. The bill provided for a long list of identification options, including a free, state-issued voter ID card, a copy of a utility bill or a driver’s license. It also included language that would have allowed Oklahomans to vote without identification if they signed an affidavit attesting to their identity.

But, the legislation was killed by Democrats in the Senate despite a ruling of the Indiana Supreme Court around the same time in favor of its voter identification law citing the need to reduce voter fraud.

I wonder how many would drop off the voter rolls if they had to show an ID?  Not a utility bill (easily photoshopped), imho.

well, it is a bit suspicious if people are on the voter-roll during the primaries but have mysteriously disappeared when the general elections takes place. And that has happened, more than once (if one believes the media sources on this).

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »

well, it is a bit suspicious if people are on the voter-roll during the primaries but have mysteriously disappeared when the general elections takes place. And that has happened, more than once (if one believes the media sources on this).

I think we are on different pages here. 

In my state, Wisconsin, and in others, one does NOT have to show any identification to vote.  All I do is give my name. 

There is no process in place to ensure that the person "Jane Doe" exists, and that I am in fact Jane Doe.  Anyone could go and vote with Jane Doe's name.

It's that simple.  Simple road to vote/election fraud.

If there was a requirement to show a government issued ID in order to cast a vote, would all of the Jane Doe's have IDs?  Probably not.

Jane Doe only exists on the voter rolls.

Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 06:49:22 PM »

In my state, Wisconsin, and in others, one does NOT have to show any identification to vote.  All I do is give my name. 

There is no process in place to ensure that the person "Jane Doe" exists, and that I am in fact Jane Doe.  Anyone could go and vote with Jane Doe's name.

If there was a requirement to show a government issued ID in order to cast a vote, would all of the Jane Doe's have IDs?  Probably not.

Personally I think that is ludicrous. One should always (if one does not have for example as we have a voter card) have to identify one-self when going to vote. How else can one keep the elections pure and clean?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 07:04:52 PM »

Personally I think that is ludicrous. One should always (if one does not have for example as we have a voter card) have to identify one-self when going to vote. How else can one keep the elections pure and clean?

imho - they can't and they aren't

It was also made very clear to me that in the US, a government ID is not always proof of citizenship. 

I used to laugh when people talked about vote fraud until I voted in the primary.  After that and some education, I believe the election process is a big SHAM in the US.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »

In the Netherlands we don't have this voting issue either. Everybody is registered at the town they live in. They get their voter cards at their home-address and only then can they vote.

If you are not registered in city basic administration you cannot get a drivers license, get married, get a passport (which is mandatory). So you have to register and then you automatically get a voters card, IF you are licensed to vote.

Criminals who have committed crimes against the sate can be (and most often are) excluded. Serious felons during their sentence and if the judge so orders for a few years after his release will be disqualified from voting. Stateless people (like those who collaborated with the Germans during WW2 and who had their civil and civic rights revocked) are also not alloted to vote.

In our country, foreigners who live for more than 5 years in the Netherlands have the right to vote too, but they cannot run for National offices, only for local ones.

That's a FAR better system than we have.

Voter reform to actually produce assurances that only legal voters can vote have always been suppressed by democrats. That's not a partisan statement, but honest fact. This is an older article, but has been applicable for a long time:

http://www.slate.com/id/2136776
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.