April 26, 2024, 02:05:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korean Nuke Threat  (Read 11417 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: October 06, 2006, 12:54:23 PM »

Guess everyone getting upset about the N. Koreans testing a Nuke is kind of an example of 'Ultimate' gun control.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 05:50:55 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Guess everyone getting upset about the N. Koreans testing a Nuke is kind of an example of 'Ultimate' gun control.

Bill Clinton just cant seem to pull the trigger on anything.
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/12/15/nkorea.us/index.html

""We actually drew up plans to attack North Korea and to destroy their reactors and we told them we would attack unless they ended their nuclear program," Clinton told a security forum in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam Sunday.

"We were in a very intense situation," he said.

His statement came days after North Korea announced that it planned to restart its nuclear reactor after Clinton's successor, President George W. Bush, announced he was halting supplies of fuel oil to the country.
The United States had been providing North Korea with the oil under the terms of a 1994 agreement, ending the first crisis over the North's suspected weapons program.

Under the deal, known as the Agreed Framework, the North had agreed to mothball its reactor and abandon efforts to construct nuclear weapons, pending the construction of two advanced reactors that do not produce weapons-grade material.

However, in October North Korean officials told a visiting U.S. delegation they had continued with their weapons program in contravention of the deal."

And lets not forget the time North Korea launched a missle right over the top of Japan, landing off the coast of Alaske less than a week after the CLinton administartion came out and said that North Korea didnt have a missle program   Rolling Eyes
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:56:42 PM »

Bill Clinton not only failed to stop North Korea's nuclear program, he paid for it.

"During the early Clinton years, hard-liners and so-called conservative hawks advocated a pre-emptive strike to halt North Korea's nuclear weapons development before it could field an atomic bomb. Instead of taking the hard line, President Clinton elected to rely on former President Jimmy Carter and decided to appease the Marxist-Stalinist dictatorship.

Carter met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il in Pyongyang and returned to America waving a piece of paper and declaring peace in our time. Kim, according to Carter, had agreed to stop his nuclear weapons development.

The Clinton appeasement program for North Korea included hundreds of millions of dollars in aid, food, oil and even a nuclear reactor. However, the agreement was flawed and lacked even the most informal means of verification.

In return, Kim elected to starve his people while using the American aid to build uranium bombs. The lowest estimate is that Kim starved to death over 1 million of his own people, even with the U.S. aid program."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/1/7/164846.shtml
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 11:04:07 PM »

Just now Sunday, October 8, 2006, at 8:10 p.m. Pacific time, FOX is reporting that North Korea has performed a Nuclear test. Retired Colonel Hunt is saying the phones are jumping off the hook in Washington, DC. The Nuclear arms race is in full progress. The US State Dept. cannot confirm yet. I believe it. US Geological survey has not detected any underground "shakes."

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 11:05:18 PM »

Does appear that we are living in 'interesting times'.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 11:07:59 PM »

It appears that Kim enjoys 'bearding the lion' a bit himself.

I suspicion there really wasn't a nuke test, can't trust anything that N. Korea reports anymore than what aruba reports.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »

I kinda wondered about the big tadoo about our sending a monitering VC-135 to N. Korea was a bit of a bait for the N. Koreans to try and shoot it down or do some other form of hostile action that we could retaliate to.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 11:31:27 PM »

The world has changed.

The US Geological Survey is reporting they are now detecting signs of seismic activity in North Korea.

China and Japan will be very upset, along with the United States.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »

SOUTH Korea is reporting (10/8/06, 8:45 pm Pacific) there was a 3.5 magnitude test with no leaks. China got a 20 minute warning and immediately told the US, China and South Korea. The news is trickling out.

This is real. The world has changed again.

The nerve of that little $%^&*()T*(*(% man with the afro.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 11:43:34 PM »

Yeah, I can see the new reports coming in.

I think Kim is gonna be in for far more of a 'world of hurt' than we are.

Still waiting for a 'real' confirmation.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 11:50:22 PM »

THE UNITED STATES HAS CONFIRMED THE TEST HAS TAKEN PLACE Exclamation

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 12:06:27 AM »

Don't worry Louise, as long as we don't put the Dem's incharge of the government we'll be OK.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 06:38:16 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
The world has changed.

The US Geological Survey is reporting they are now detecting signs of seismic activity in North Korea.

China - Russia - what you guys going to do?  Let me guess - nothing.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 09:52:38 AM »

Quote from: "blah"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
The world has changed.

China - Russia - what you guys going to do?  Let me guess - nothing.

But of course!

Some of these freakin' arrogant leaders rising just need assasinated!  N. Korea,  Iran, Venazuala....  The threats of the nations are real and getting out of control.  It's only a matter of time for N. Korea to sell the technology to the his buddies and Terrorists!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:31 AM »

I went to AMERICAblog this morning and checked it out. It was considered unsuccessful and smaller than expected. A failed test.

However, the demonstration has shown the terrorists that North Korea indeed has nuclear weapons and they are for sale. I'm sure the world diplomats and politicians are scrambling and talking, as well as the terrorists.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 03:42:04 PM »

Louise-

I don't know if you saw this piece on CNN.com but I did feel it was worth the read, also speaks to the tactics of NKorea in utilizing threats.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/10/korea.nuclear.test/index.html

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 03:45:03 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
It appears that Kim enjoys 'bearding the lion' a bit himself.

I suspicion there really wasn't a nuke test, can't trust anything that N. Korea reports anymore than what aruba reports.

Car-

I think your read on this is more than accurate, he's a schoolyard bully.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:59:40 AM »

Blah,
You are right on.  Clinton gave them a reactor, fed them and gave them heating oil so they would not freeze trying to appease them.  You cannot appease terrorists.
No matter how many times Clinton said Love me, love me, love me, they are just not gonna.

Hard way to learn that lesson but this, too, is part of the Clinton Legacy about which Bubba is so concerned.

It is not and never was and never will be a case of if we be nice to them, they will be nice back.  Liberal simplistic thinking again.

IMHO~Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 01:15:48 AM »

Excerpt:

Consider this interchange between John Bolton and Fox and Friends co-host Steve Doocy as reported today by Rush Limbaugh:

RUSH: Steve Doocy today was talking to our ambassador to the United Nations, John Bolton. Doocy said, "Yesterday on the way home I heard Rush Limbaugh talking on the radio about how we need a naval blockade so that anything going into or out of North Korea, we know exactly what's on there. Make sure it's not something illegal or something that could blow up. Is that a good idea?"

BOLTON: That's something that's important not only for their weapons of mass destruction but, you know, they're counterfeiting America money. They're engaged in money laundering, they're engaged in the sale of drugs through diplomatic pouches. They're doing all kinds of things to get money to support the regime. That's all the sort of thing we'd like to cut off.

Although Bolton stopped short of calling for a naval blockage and air strikes right here and right now -- it is very clear that we MUST be prepared to do so at a moment's notice!

. . . .

Spring, 1994: A year into President Clinton's first term, North Korea prepares to remove the Yongbyon fuel rods from their storage site. North Korea expels international weapons inspectors and withdraws from the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

"Clinton asks the United Nations Security Council to consider sanctions. North Korean spokesmen proclaim such sanctions would cause war.

"The Pentagon draws up plans to send 50,000 troops to South Korea -- along with 400 war planes, 50 ships, Apache helicopters, Bradley fighting vehicles, and Patriot missiles. An advance force of 250 soldiers is sent in to set up headquarters for the expanded force.

"Clinton balks and sets up a diplomatic back-channel to end the crisis -- former President Jimmy Carter. Exceeding instructions, Carter negotiates the outlines of a treaty and announces the terms live on CNN.

"Oct. 21, 1994: The United States and North Korea sign a formal accord based on those outlines, called the Agreed Framework. Under its terms:

"North Korea promises to renew its commitment to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, lock up the fuel rods, and let inspectors back in to monitor the facility.

"The United States agrees -- with financial backing from South Korea and Japan -- that it will provide two light-water nuclear reactors for electricity, send a large supply of fuel oil, and that it will not invade North Korea.

"Upon delivery of the first light-water reactor, inspections of suspected North Korean nuclear sites were supposed to start. After the second reactor arrived, North Korea was supposed to ship its fuel rods out of the country.

"The two countries also agreed to lower trade barriers and install ambassadors in each other's capitals -- with the United States providing full assurances that it would never use nuclear weapons against North Korea.

"(None of the above came to pass. Congress did not make the financial commitment -- neither did South Korea. The light-water reactors were never funded. The enumerated steps toward normalization were never taken.)"

In short, we knew a decade ago -- under the Clinton Administration -- that North Korea would NEVER give up plans to develop -- and use -- a Nuclear Weapon.  

And armed with the knowledge that North Korea would NEVER give up the ambition to possess a Nuclear Weapon, President Clinton -- with the help of President Jimmy Carter -- initiated a policy of appeasement in the face of this grave threat!

https://www.grasstopsusa.com:443/boltonvii4.html

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 01:27:15 AM »

I almost gag when watching some of the Dems on N. Korea about how with their policy Kim never developed nukes.

I laff and think, 'of course not' he was still in the process of developing them, it took awhile and 'NOW' he has developed them. If you believe his propaganda.

It wasn't ever anything to do with U.S. policy, it was always how long it took Kim to do it.

I do wonder if Kim's scientists are trying to hard to appease Kim on nukes saying they have developed them without actually being able to make them. What with the recent analysis pointing toward an explosion possibly too small to be a 'real' nuke.

Kinda like some of Sadam's scientists telling him he had WMD without actually having developed them.
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.