April 24, 2024, 08:45:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reality bites Barack  (Read 1511 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 10, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »

Reality bites Barack

1:00 PM, 11 Nov 2008

I feel sorry for Barack Obama. Notwithstanding his comfortable victory last week and his remarkable oratory skills, he does not have a hope in hell of living up to the “supernova” expectations that now engulf him.

Many of the qualities I saw first in John Kennedy and later his brother Robert are the same things I see in Obamania. We will never know what sort of president Bobby Kennedy would have made, but his older brother was already in deep trouble halfway through his first term.

Obama will face major problems – not least being the war in Afghanistan, the war in Iraq and the task of extricating the US from the multi-layered economic abyss into which it is descending.

Obama has promised to come up with a scheme to provide $US150 billion over 10 years for low-carbon energy supply, claiming this would deliver five million jobs. How soon this can be implemented when the US is confronting a massive federal deficit is problematical.

Perhaps the big hint has been Obama’s repeated statements that a new energy policy will be his administration’s first priority – once the economic mess is cleaned up.

read the rest of this interesting article here-
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Reality-bites-L97C2?OpenDocument&src=sph

The article also talks about free trade, carbon, Kyoto, and five million jobs.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.