April 20, 2024, 07:51:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showdown looming in Congress over automaker rescue  (Read 1265 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 16, 2008, 06:55:00 PM »

Showdown looming in Congress over automaker rescue

"Companies fail everyday and others take their place. I think this is a road we should not go down," said Shelby, the senior Republican on the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee. "They're not building the right products," he said. "They've got good workers but I don't believe they've got good management. They don't innovate. They're a dinosaur in a sense."

Added Kyl, the Senate's second-ranking Republican: "Just giving them $25 billion doesn't change anything. It just puts off for six months or so the day of reckoning."

"If you start that, where do you stop?" he asked. "There's a line of companies of industries waiting at Treasury just to see if they can get their hands on those $700 billion."

Former GOP House Speaker Newt Gingrich said young voters, who overwhelmingly supported Obama over Republican John McCain in the presidential election, could get turned off by expensive corporate bailouts that they will eventually have to pay for.

If "those 20-year-olds and 30-year-olds start to figure out they're going to pay the taxes, they're not getting the billions, I think you might find a lot of dissatisfaction by next summer," Gingrich said.

That's right kiddies, not only are you and generations unborn going to be taxed up the b_tt, but they are trying to spend any inheritance you may have been expecting from your parents.

After 401ks/IRA/Other plans, will they go after the Depend generation's nursing home/end of life care policies?  Maybe tax the proceeds like 50%?  Ensure that your aging parents, despite all the money they salted away in advance, do not have the funds to stay out of your house?  Remain independent of their children? 

"Let's go to AIG, Bear Stearns, active and retired workers: Did anybody go in and ask them to give back wages and benefit levels?" Gettelfinger said on WDIV-TV in Detroit. "What about the bond traders? Did anybody ask them? What about the cleaners in the building? Why would the UAW be any different?"

Do all those people at AIG, Bear Stearns and other places have jobs? 

When is OBAMA going to bail out Main Street?  When will my $1 billion dollar check be in the mail?

What about all the people I know that are losing their homes, businesses, and jobs?  When will OBAMA be sending their $1 billion dollar check?  Is their check in the mail too?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gA2mr12dJLiWM1QN59MYfpM9OQfwD94GAQ100

Is there not one auto executive ready and willing to buy a piece and take it private?  Employees with an ownership proposal?  Ready to kick in some of their own money to ensure survival?

Where are the changes at AIG and others?  Have they stopped partying yet?

When does the "trickle-up" party start?  My invitation must be lost in the mail.    

We can do it...loot the American nation...yes we can!!!

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.