March 28, 2024, 04:08:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 119862 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2006, 06:14:54 PM »

Quote from: "Red"
Hey Monkeys,

Just wanted to let you all know ... I have been speaking with Tim Miller the last couple of days and he is feeling mich better. Each day that goes by he feels much better. Sometimes I guess the stress just mounts and Lord knows Tim deals with a lot of that.

He said to me that he wanted me to relay a thank you to the many who wished him a get well and blessings when he was in the hospital.

Glad to hear it.  Best wishes and healing thoughts and prayers to Tim.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: October 08, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »

Thanks Red. Glad he's feeling better. When I spoke to Beth, she had been trying to call him. I told her that the last thing I'd read on Scared Monkeys was that he was doing better and that it wasn't a heart attack...

Bring Natalee home...
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2006, 07:02:58 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Paulus managed to get the police away from the house. How clever that was of him. That little shed behind Joran's apt. wouldn't we all liked to look in there.
Every interview with Paulus, he comes off as a dufus that doesn't know what is going on right under his own nose. Somehow, I don't think he is a dummy when it came to knowing .

Good place for Joran - in the dog house!  LOL.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: October 08, 2006, 07:07:51 PM »

Lettuce recalled over E. coli concerns  

By RACHEL KONRAD, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 2 minutes ago

SAN FRANCISCO - Less than a week after the
Food and Drug Administration lifted its warning on fresh spinach grown in California's Salinas Valley, a popular brand of lettuce grown there has been recalled over concerns about
E. coli contamination.
ADVERTISEMENT

The lettuce does not appear to have caused any illnesses, Salinas-based Nunes Co. Inc. said in a statement.

The company initiated a voluntary recall Sunday of green leaf lettuce purchased last week under the Foxy brand name. Foxy is one of the nation's largest suppliers of lettuce, celery, broccoli, vegetable platters and stir-fry mixes.

The recall covered lettuce purchased in grocery stores Oct. 3-6 in Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. It was also sold to distributors in those states who may have sold it to restaurants.

The recalled lettuce was packaged as "Green Leaf 24 Count, waxed carton," and "Green Leaf 18 Count, cellophane sleeve, returnable carton." Packaging is stamped with lot code 6SL0024.

Executives ordered the recall after learning that water used to irrigate lettuce fields may have been contaminated with E. coli, according to the company statement. E. coli can proliferate in uncooked produce, raw milk, unpasteurized juice, contaminated water and meat.

Vice President Tom Nunes Jr. and attorney Brett R. Harrell did not respond Sunday to phone calls and an e-mail seeking comment.

FDA spokeswoman Julie Zawisza said the agency is aware of the voluntary recall but had no details.

"As a standard course of action, we would expect the firm to identify the source of the contamination and take steps to ... ensure that it doesn't happen again," Zawisza wrote in an e-mail Sunday.

It's unclear whether any bacteria in the Salinas Valley lettuce fields could have come from the same source as the E. coli found in spinach that has sickened nearly 200 people and has been linked to three deaths nationwide.

Pathogenic Escherichia coli bacteria, or E. coli, may cause diarrhea and bloody stools. Although most healthy adults recover within a week without long-term side effects, some people may develop a form of kidney failure.

That illness is most likely to occur in young children, senior citizens and people with compromised immune systems. In extreme cases, it can lead to kidney damage or death.

The recall at Nunes Co., a family-owned business with more than 20,000 acres of cropland in Arizona and California, comes days after federal agents searched two Salinas Valley produce companies connected to the nationwide spinach scare.

Epidemiologists also warned consumers this week to stay away from some bottled carrot juice after a Florida woman was paralyzed and three people in Georgia experienced respiratory failure, apparently due to botulism poisoning.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061008/ap_on_re_us/tainted_lettuce_5

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: October 08, 2006, 07:18:11 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
GHB printout.  I had to type it in photoshop so please check for any errors.  I checked but I often miss my own errors, lol. Laughing

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/klaasend/GHBprintout.jpg

It looks great Klaas.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: October 08, 2006, 07:42:32 PM »

Just saw 'Visit Aruba' commercial on the History channel.

Looks like a new advertising campaign getting going.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: October 08, 2006, 07:47:33 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Just saw 'Visit Aruba' commercial on the History channel.

Looks like a new advertising campaign getting going.

I don't blame them for pouring their money into advertising, they have to.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: October 08, 2006, 07:48:32 PM »

Aruba can advertise all they want... no one is going .... gotta love those empty beaches....

their new slogan should be aruba ... when you want to be alone Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: October 08, 2006, 07:52:41 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Aruba can advertise all they want... no one is going .... gotta love those empty beaches....

Did notice there wasn't any slogans on the latest commercials.

Just video of fun and exciting things to do.

Sure looks like a different place from the dirty little island we've all come to know.

Wondered if there was any possiblity for public service messages to be put on about the dangers of the place.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: October 08, 2006, 07:57:52 PM »

Sure looks like a different place from the dirty little island we've all come to know.

Wondered if there was any possiblity for public service messages to be put on about the dangers of the place.

Car~ That is an excellent idea! Staggering amount of work and money to get 'er done, but anyone up to working on it?

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: October 08, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »

justins, I just sent you an email.... can you check it out?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: October 08, 2006, 08:13:26 PM »

Wondered if there was any possibility for public service messages to be put on about the dangers of the place.

Probably the State Dept would have to issue a travel advisory about it all establishing this as a "fact' first.  This is one of the things MsMarple and I have been trying to do with the Murder and Crime thread.  It's a start.  Rep Chris Shays is over the cruise ship hearings and bill.  I had hoped he would help but no response.

Wish more would contact all those people and see if we can even get some sort of official recognition of the truthful nature of what goes on in Aruba.  

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: October 08, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »

According to Dana - Scared Monkeys Radio to have it's debut next week!  Woo Hoo!

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: October 08, 2006, 08:55:12 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Wondered if there was any possibility for public service messages to be put on about the dangers of the place.

Probably the State Dept would have to issue a travel advisory about it all establishing this as a "fact' first.  This is one of the things MsMarple and I have been trying to do with the Murder and Crime thread.  It's a start.  Rep Chris Shays is over the cruise ship hearings and bill.  I had hoped he would help but no response.

Wish more would contact all those people and see if we can even get some sort of official recognition of the truthful nature of what goes on in Aruba.  

I wonder if that Sheriff's Association that made Beth an honorary Sheriff would be interested in reading the M&C thread, and endorsing our efforts.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: October 08, 2006, 09:10:59 PM »

Good ideas, guys....

Is Dana's show on tonight? Who will Scared Monkeys radio feature as their first guest?

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: October 08, 2006, 09:12:10 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Good ideas, guys....

Is Dana's show on tonight? Who will Scared Monkeys radio feature as their first guest?

The show is on now and Dana had Clint van Zandt on for only about 15 minutes.  Clint is gone now and it's break time.  Don't know what Dana plans for the rest of tonights show.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: October 08, 2006, 09:14:01 PM »

Thanks Klaas...did Clint say anything about the case? Sorry, I can't listen right now...

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: October 08, 2006, 09:14:27 PM »

TIM MILLER on the air!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: October 08, 2006, 09:15:14 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"
Thanks Klaas...did Clint say anything about the case? Sorry, I can't listen right now...

No they spoke about the recent school shootings.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2006, 09:15:41 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
TIM MILLER on the air!

Tim's doctor told him to slow down a little bit. Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.