April 23, 2024, 12:51:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 121754 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: October 09, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »

Quote from: "thirdstrike"
Quote from: "SunnyinTX"
Hello everyone!!  Just wanted to check in...

hi TS...hope all is well with you

Hey Sunny!!  It's damn good to see you too!  I've been REAL busy, and haven't had time to post.  Because of this, I've seemed to lost touch with everyone...

How have you been?  I hope all is well with you and yours as well!!

things are a lot better for me now than in the past couple of weeks Wink ....I too woulda been outta touch with what was happening except for some WONDERFUL monkeys who kept me in the know....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Shizaru
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #501 on: October 09, 2006, 12:23:52 PM »

Is the location of 2K home on this map accurate? (home is in Hooiberg)

If so could Kalpoe home be added to route map?  

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #502 on: October 09, 2006, 12:25:01 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Well... once aruba finds out that tourism isn't going to spring back... maybe just maybe they will do something...

or I wish the dutch would...

I don't know Scarlett...I'm starting to see the hopes of the "tourist effect" become something "half empty" rather then "half full"...ya know? Sure, it'll sting for a while to come.  But, you have to remember...unfortunately (at times), American's in general tend to have a shorter memory then needed to effect change to a system as corrupt as the one in Aruba.  Not saying everyone (because those of you in here who've remained resolute should be commended).  But, for some reason, I've become a slight bit disenchanted with the lack of movement in that investigation...thus less optimistic then I've been in the past for a positive resolution in this case. Hopefully, I'm very wrong about that...

Well Strike I say that the memory will be longer than most ppl think because of things like O Magazine... Oprah's magazine has a gazillion readers and Beth being mentioned this month... well says a lot to me...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #503 on: October 09, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »

Sander Gottenbos on the right:

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #504 on: October 09, 2006, 12:26:58 PM »

Well... once aruba finds out that tourism isn't going to spring back... maybe just maybe they will do something...

I don't know Scarlett...I'm starting to see the hopes of the "tourist effect" become something "half empty" rather then "half full"...ya know? Sure, it'll sting for a while to come.  But, you have to remember...unfortunately (at times), American's in general tend to have a shorter memory then needed to effect change to a system as corrupt as the one in Aruba.  Not saying everyone (because those of you in here who've remained resolute should be commended).  But, for some reason, I've become a slight bit disenchanted with the lack of movement in that investigation...thus less optimistic then I've been in the past for a positive resolution in this case. Hopefully, I'm very wrong about that...

Well Strike I say that the memory will be longer than most ppl think because of things like O Magazine... Oprah's magazine has a gazillion readers and Beth being mentioned this month... well says a lot to me...

I sincerely hope you're right Scarlett.  And, if ANYONE can get this back into the spotlight, it's Oprah!  Wink

This girl here in my office gets that mag.  I'll have to check it out when she does...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #505 on: October 09, 2006, 12:29:53 PM »

I sincerely hope you're right Scarlett.  And, if ANYONE can get this back into the spotlight, it's Oprah!  Wink

This girl here in my office gets that mag.  I'll have to check it out when she does...

Believe it or not, Beth is mentioned wiht Tony Blair and Bill Clinton...about stress... but the fact that she is equated with having that level of stress says alot!!!

Tell the girl in your office to go see the whole O You thing in LA... if it hasn't already been there....  Wink

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #506 on: October 09, 2006, 12:30:30 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

So who is the girl?  Did they pay her? I wonder.....

blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: October 09, 2006, 12:31:03 PM »

so yet another week goes by and still no Ducth investigation.  Imagine that.   Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: October 09, 2006, 12:31:53 PM »

Shizaru - it's been my observation that the various maps online of Aruba aren't very accurate.  The Kalpoe home may be a little south of the mark on that map.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #509 on: October 09, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »

Quote from: "blah"
so yet another week goes by and still no Ducth investigation.  Imagine that.   Rolling Eyes

We don't know.  Dave seemed to think that like the FBI we won't hear anything about it until their investigation is over.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #510 on: October 09, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »

Right???  are the suspects even on the island?

thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #511 on: October 09, 2006, 12:35:57 PM »

Hence, my disenchantment.  Why hasn't that Dutch investigation started yet?  What are they waiting for?? Rolling Eyes
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #512 on: October 09, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »

you mean there are suspects??????  Shocked
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #513 on: October 09, 2006, 12:37:21 PM »

Not only am I wondering about teh investigators coming to the island.
But also wondering about the so called deep throat..
how long does it take for someone to spill there beans??
Or to find there information credible and useable

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: October 09, 2006, 12:38:32 PM »

Glad to hear Beth will be mentioned in O.  Lots of readers.  I do think Aruba's tourism will slowly come back, but I also realize that many didn't know much about Aruba before this tragedy.  They know Cancun, Jamiaca, Bermuda, Bahamas, Puerto Rico - but not much about Aruba.  The first many heard about Aruba was the disappearance of an American girl and this fiasco of a police investigation.  That could stick in people's minds for a long time when making their choices.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #515 on: October 09, 2006, 12:38:53 PM »

Thank you Klaas.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:30 PM »

Good thought... makes sense to me... but it is happening to their daughters.... the young school girl and wasn't it a local girl that came forward about jvds putting a knife to her throat...

OH and maybe Ms Marple and Anna should add a little side note in their thread, does anyone remember that Beth's atty was threatened and had a flat tire???

OH and one last thing... specifically to aruba.... do y'all know how many ppl read O magazine? Oprah's magazine???  Beth is mentioned in this month's magazine.... don't think for one second ppl will forget....

thanks for the heads up on O mag...not one I read often...but will buy it!   I am positive that people will not forget.....it may not be  in the forefront of there minds...but when aruba is mentioned Natalee will pop in their minds and people will REMEMBER.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #517 on: October 09, 2006, 12:43:55 PM »

Quote from: "San"

Thank you Klaas.

I should have thanked her myself... Embarassed  but I am still wondering who the girl in the middle is... and why not show your face???

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: October 09, 2006, 12:44:50 PM »

I hope you are right..but I think they would have to be off the island and their family off the island where the SLOOTS etal can't touch them, and they would have to receive immunity from prosecution for them to ever speak the truth!

Also, the only real problem I see with this happening is the fact that currently, the K2's have no pressure to do so (turn on Joran, that is).  Until they have a reason to spill their guts (their freedom's in jeapordy, perhaps), I think they will remain mum...not because of any loyaties they may have to the VDS family, but because there's no consequences if they don't...ya know?

Bottom line is...I think they would offer up info if they were pressured to do so...[/quote]

TS...who do you think could put that kind of pressure on them and under what circumstances?

Rest in Peace Caylee

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: October 09, 2006, 12:45:25 PM »

Quote from: "San"

Thank you Klaas.

I should have thanked her myself... Embarassed  but I am still wondering who the girl in the middle is... and why not show your face???

I think at one point we did see her face mrs. red.  Washing she the one chomping on her gump like a cow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.