April 25, 2024, 03:46:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 121889 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: October 09, 2006, 02:08:38 PM »

ty klaasend...............my podcast thing takes 10 min to load
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #541 on: October 09, 2006, 02:10:34 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
ty klaasend...............my podcast thing takes 10 min to load

You're welcome.  I know some can't get the podcast at all. From what I understand this transcription is not completely accurate, but you will get most of what was said anyway.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #542 on: October 09, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Thanks Yap - that's part of what I copied from August.  I'm hoping that some day we'll get the archives back so I can screen shot the actual posts.   Nativelingo posted most of her most interresting posts late at night.

klaas -- NativeLingo also posted on the FP. Probably up to a few days after the forum was established.

I think her first post is on this thread (and a few other familiar and interesting names)

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2005/06/10/natalee-holloway-information-vi-2/

IMO, it's critical that we go back to the beginning -- before they had all their alibis established.

It's all that we have left in terms of posts and comments from the beginning.

I read through these all the time -- I KNOW that we had all our answers within the first 2 weeks.

Sure wish we had the forum posts, though.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Susebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #543 on: October 09, 2006, 02:22:31 PM »

Hi Monkeys, I've been seeing the TV ads for Visit Aruba.com and have been on the phone trying to get to the bottom of who is allowing them to advertise.  I've talked to several people already and would like to ask you all to do the same.  Contact the program where you see the ad, the channel, and even your TV cable, satellite provider.  We need to get these ads stopped, or at least tell them how appalled we are they are allowing Aruba to run ads.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: October 09, 2006, 02:25:33 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Thanks Yap - that's part of what I copied from August.  I'm hoping that some day we'll get the archives back so I can screen shot the actual posts.   Nativelingo posted most of her most interresting posts late at night.

klaas -- NativeLingo also posted on the FP. Probably up to a few days after the forum was established.

I think her first post is on this thread (and a few other familiar and interesting names)

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2005/06/10/natalee-holloway-information-vi-2/

IMO, it's critical that we go back to the beginning -- before they had all their alibis established.

It's all that we have left in terms of posts and comments from the beginning.

I read through these all the time -- I KNOW that we had all our answers within the first 2 weeks.

Sure wish we had the forum posts, though.

Yes, most of the posters including myself came over from the Tripadvisor forums.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: October 09, 2006, 02:29:04 PM »

Quote from: "Susebear"
Hi Monkeys, I've been seeing the TV ads for Visit Aruba.com and have been on the phone trying to get to the bottom of who is allowing them to advertise.  I've talked to several people already and would like to ask you all to do the same.  Contact the program where you see the ad, the channel, and even your TV cable, satellite provider.  We need to get these ads stopped, or at least tell them how appalled we are they are allowing Aruba to run ads.

Great idea Susebear!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

Sharon - this is how I found my way to SM

1.  On June 1st I just happened to read something about a girl missing in Aruba.  After doing some searching I happened upon the TripAdvisor forum and the VisaArubaBB.  Arubagirl and Nativelingo and many other familiar names appeared there as well.  

2.  The TripAdvisor forum got so busy it would go down.  When it did a Yahoo Chat was created which many of us went to.

3.  SM and RWV links were posted in the TripAdvisor forum.  

4.  Around June 4th I came over to SM and started posting on the FP

5.  On June 9th the SM forum opened and I started posting in the forum and not on the FP.

If you look at the VisaArubaBB you will see many long time posters there, I assume timeshare owners, that are now posting at RU and FOB.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »

1.  On June 1st I just happened to read something about a girl missing in Aruba.  After doing some searching I happened upon the TripAdvisor forum and the VisaArubaBB.  Arubagirl and Nativelingo and many other familiar names appeared there as well.  

2.  The TripAdvisor forum got so busy it would go down.  When it did a Yahoo Chat was created which many of us went to.

5.  On June 9th the SM forum opened and I started posting in the forum and not on the FP.

If you look at the VisaArubaBB you will see many long time posters there, I assume timeshare owners, that are now posting at RU and FOB.

and let's face it... they are not happy about zero value property...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2006, 02:57:34 PM »

(snipped)

I remember when you came Klaas Laughing

I had heard a blurb on the evening news probably on the 1st of June. And then nothing.

I heard another blurb on a local Miami station around the 4th, I think.

When I heard 'Aruba' and 'Carlos & Charlie's' -- my mind went AMY BRADLEY Shocked  (I've worked with the cruise lines since 1991, and these horror stories are never far from my mind).

I googled 'Aruba, Holloway, Bradley' -- and Scared Monkeys was the first link. I started 'lurking' that day -- and probably have the award for 'longest lurker on Scared Monkeys' Laughing

I joined the forum on June 14th -- but still only lurked. You guys used to scare me Shocked I had never been on a forum before -- didn't even know what they were about.

I've been going back to the FP posts for the past few weeks. Unfortunately I am unable to cut & paste and I don't know why yet. If I could, there are a few I'd like to bring in here -- very relevant to many of the discussions at hand.

I found a post the other day where the poster said 'Joran dropped off D&S at home and left with Natalee in the K2's car'

I remembered that -- and thought it made great sense at the time. I still do Shocked

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:15 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

and let's face it... they are not happy about zero value property...

Nope, not happy at all.  They want this story to go away.  Afterall, it's just one missing person, right?   Rolling Eyes
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »

(snipped)

I had heard a blurb on the evening news probably on the 1st of June. And then nothing.

When I heard 'Aruba' and 'Carlos & Charlie's' -- my mind went AMY BRADLEY Shocked  (I've worked with the cruise lines since 1991, and these horror stories are never far from my mind).

I googled 'Aruba, Holloway, Bradley' -- and Scared Monkeys was the first link. I started 'lurking' that day -- and probably have the award for 'longest lurker on Scared Monkeys' Laughing

I joined the forum on June 14th -- but still only lurked. You guys used to scare me Shocked I had never been on a forum before -- didn't even know what they were about.

I've been going back to the FP posts for the past few weeks. Unfortunately I am unable to cut & paste and I don't know why yet. If I could, there are a few I'd like to bring in here -- very relevant to many of the discussions at hand.

I found a post the other day where the poster said 'Joran dropped off D&S at home and left with Natalee in the K2's car'

I remembered that -- and thought it made great sense at the time. I still do Shocked

I don't understand the copy and paste problem on the front page either.  If you can let me know the posters name, what it was about and when the post was made I can search for it very quickly.  With my moderator abilities I can cut and paste from an admin search.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »

Sharon....thank you for the link.....I decided that I wanted to print it so that I could read all of this in an easy chair...! ....so I copied it to my Word and am printing it now.....it would not just copy like we usually do...!
Your SM history sounds a lot like mine....I read every word for 2-3 weeks before saying anything.... Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2006, 03:07:22 PM »

(snipped)

I lurked also.  Was too embarrassed to post. Very Happy

I never knew what a blog was or how it worked.  I eventually got the hang of it Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2006, 03:09:09 PM »

I was somewhat familiar with forums but not familiar with Blogs.  Maybe that's why I was happy when Red and Tom opened the forum.  I felt more comfortable posting in here than I did on the front page.  Although, I've never been shy about speaking my mind, LOLOL  Laughing
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #554 on: October 09, 2006, 03:10:28 PM »

Add me to that list!  We must have all been newbies on blogs when SM started up.  I actually came from a link on Web Sleuths and never went back.  They were nice, but not as informative.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: October 09, 2006, 03:12:46 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
Add me to that list!  We must have all been newbies on blogs when SM started up.  I actually came from a link on Web Sleuths and never went back.  They were nice, but not as informative.

I posted some at Websleuths on the Jessica Lunsford case, also CTV and the Jessica Lunsford Forum.  Most of the time at Websleuths and CTV I would only post when someone was looking for a link to something.  I'd find it and post it, lol.  Laughing
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: October 09, 2006, 03:27:18 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"

I posted some at Websleuths on the Jessica Lunsford case, also CTV and the Jessica Lunsford Forum.  Most of the time at Websleuths and CTV I would only post when someone was looking for a link to something.  I'd find it and post it, lol.  Laughing

Sounds familiar...!  Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #557 on: October 09, 2006, 03:44:22 PM »

Oh I will confess that I didn't come into the forum for the longest time... I was one of the last ppl to leave fp posting... the forum skeered me... Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: October 09, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

I don't understand the copy and paste problem on the front page either.  If you can let me know the posters name, what it was about and when the post was made I can search for it very quickly.  With my moderator abilities I can cut and paste from an admin search.

I think the copy and paste has something to do with the html editor.

I can 'copy' the post by SM -- but not the comments (their in 2 different tables).

I can also copy the post by SM and ALL of the comments -- but I can't select.

If you figure it out, please share Very Happy  I'll start asking my techie friends.

Here it is, the very hard way:

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #559 on: October 09, 2006, 04:06:03 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
Sharon....thank you for the link.....I decided that I wanted to print it so that I could read all of this in an easy chair...! ....so I copied it to my Word and am printing it now.....it would not just copy like we usually do...!
Your SM history sounds a lot like mine....I read every word for 2-3 weeks before saying anything.... Very Happy

MeMere -- those old front page posts are fascinating.

You can use 'previous' and 'next' (which appear right before and after the comments) to navigate. There were a few earlier posts than the the link I just posted.

I lurked for months Laughing  I had just started posting, not even on the 'lively' but in the lounge, when the board crashed in October.

I was so intimidated. It seemed to me that everyone had great investigative backgrounds or legal backgrounds or research backgrounds -- and I felt so foolish being here because all I had was a broken heart for this family -- and a strong need for this innocent young girl to have justice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.