April 20, 2024, 04:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 121565 times)
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #580 on: October 09, 2006, 05:25:18 PM »

Be back later....out for supper and to read the old June, 2005 comments...thanks again.... Very Happy

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #581 on: October 09, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »

Quote from: "MeMere"
I am IE also....I can copy and paste on the FP, but it is an all or nothing thing....I am with Sharon....going to figure out how to do it...!  Very Happy

No problemo... just thought that might be an easier "fix".  lol  You are more patient than I.  Laughing
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2006, 05:30:38 PM »

Sharon...I almost forgot supper...!  Am reading and highlighting...!  Very interesting...would love to know who some of those early folks are....
before they got scared to be involved...!

klaas might be able to help out there.

I believe Jairo was Jairo Dirksen.
NativeLingo we understand was Marianne Croes.

There's a guy 'Rick' -- who nailed it early on. Search for his posts on the thread with the 'confession'. He's got everything analyzed and why he believes the way he does. I wonder who he was Question

After reading so far -- don't you feel like we had it nailed from the beginning? Until we were taken off course with all of the intentional false leads??

-

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #583 on: October 09, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »

Quote from: "Frijole"

No problemo... just thought that might be an easier "fix".  lol  You are more patient than I.  Laughing

just more stubborn  Laughing  

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2006, 05:33:15 PM »

Quote from: "sharon"
Sharon...I almost forgot supper...!  Am reading and highlighting...!  Very interesting...would love to know who some of those early folks are....

There's a guy 'Rick' -- who nailed it early on. Search for his posts on the thread with the 'confession'. He's got everything analyzed and why he believes the way he does. I wonder who he was Question

After reading so far -- don't you feel like we had it nailed from the beginning? Until we were taken off course with all of the intentional false leads??

-

Could this be why she was removed from the case?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #585 on: October 09, 2006, 05:34:25 PM »

Laughing I am too but I'd approach it with a hammer vs. trying to figure it out.   Wink   Thanks for the old link... will read it when I get home later tonite.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #586 on: October 09, 2006, 05:38:13 PM »

I was also a newbie in blogs. I came over here by chance and used to read what ArubaGirl had to say. When I read an article and it said " no comments ", I thought it meant " no comments allowed " !  
I have been using a computer since they invented them, but at work, so this was all new to me.
Now that I have made my "DUMB " confession, I will go and have a
restorative brain cell nap.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: October 09, 2006, 05:55:17 PM »

Laughing I am too but I'd approach it with a hammer vs. trying to figure it out.   Wink   Thanks for the old link... will read it when I get home later tonite.

I'm almost at that point Frijole -- the hammer thing.

But I used to be able to copy posts from the FP -- until the forum came back up in April -- or when we got the new forum.

So I'm CONVINCED it's a setting on my part.

Enjoy the reading. I'd love to hear everyone else's comments. I've been going back to the old posts for about a month or so.

I really wanted to read Shango again -- in context, rather than a listing of the posts.

It gave me a totally different perspective.

IMO, Shango came on the scene so that he could disagree with Simian (and the timing was just as Steve Croes came forward with the alibi). And for some reason, Simian -- who did NOT speak in codes -- had no problem understanding Shango. Shocked

And it's obvious now that they both knew the contents of the suspect statements.

darleenofalabama
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #588 on: October 09, 2006, 05:55:37 PM »

Hey, Ya'll!  Someone, mistakenly, it seems, said ya'll were showing my "picture" on an Aruban map around here (has Bondia been back Shocked ).  Anyway, I did notice something posted about Native that I can help ya'll with before anyone gets too carried away:  NativeLingo's name is not Marianne Croes; and ya'll won't have to go far to find that out--Red has met her; she is the one who helped ArubaGirl help make him welcome down there. Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: October 09, 2006, 05:56:34 PM »

-

Native lingo was not marianne croes.... that wasn't her real name, but she is tied to the MEP party..

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #590 on: October 09, 2006, 06:58:10 PM »

I could be wrong about the party affliation... but i know that NL was not Marianne Croes...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: October 09, 2006, 06:59:31 PM »

In the early days of Natalee's disappearance, there were a lot of people from Alabama posting at RWV.  That was the only format I had ever used--that and the newsletter style from long ago where each post arrives as an individual email.

Yes, it used to be like that long ago.   Very Happy Had done discussion groups before but under that email format, you would get 50-200 emails a day.  So when I would come over here, the threads were just too confusing and I would go back to RWV.

But before and even a while after Dan went off his rocker, I will match that research against any on the 'net in regard to Natalee's disappearance at that time.  We had some fabulous posters and I think lots of them were like me, couldn't figure out what all the threads were all about over here.  And both sites shared information and links back then as well.  

I usually ended up lurking in Theory and Speculation over here--anybody remember that thread?  Some really insightful posters there as well.  And the best when it came to Shango in Codetalkers.  

And yes, within two weeks of her disappearance, we had it pretty well figured out.  Then came the spin. . . . . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: October 09, 2006, 07:01:41 PM »

Women's Summit features Beth Twitty, others

Denise Sinclair
10-05-2006

http://www.dailyhome.com/lifestyle/2006/dh-living-1005-dsinclair-6j04r3112.htm

Beth Holloway-Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway who disappeared on her senior class trip to Aruba in 2005, is one of the speakers at the Women’s Economic and Empowerment Summit in Sylacauga Oct. 7.

The summit will feature female leaders from state government and the media.

The second annual summit is a ministry of the newly-formed Life of Destiny International Church in Childersburg. Church pastor Ivan Harris said the summit is going to cover a variety of subjects applicable to women’s lives. These include economic issues, marriage and family topics, health and domestic violence.

In addition to Holloway-Twitty, the lineup includes Alabama First Lady Patsy Riley; NBC 13 news anchor Gina Redmond; WTTO Channel 21 personality Tara Gray; Mrs. America 2005 Julie Love Templeton; Paije Frazier radio host for “Look, Hope and Expect;” Trudy Phillips, former executive director of the Central Alabama Women’s Business Center; Dr. Kim Clay of Imani Health Group in Atlanta; and Kathleen Wells, director of the Alabama Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

The summit will be held at New Hope Life Center in Sylacauga at 521 Old Fayetteville Road.

Also, female-owned businesses may register for vendor booths at the summit.

Tickets are $25, with a $5 discount to those who bring non-perishable canned goods.

The summit begins at 7:30 a.m. with late registration. Registration includes breakfast and an empowerment luncheon.

Redmond will be the morning moderator, while Gray is the afternoon moderator. The panelists will speak on various topics with question and answer sessions to follow. Also on the schedule is a fall fashion s how sponsored by Cato’s, Shu Fetish and Curves. The event is scheduled to run until about 4 p.m., Harris said.

Harris said this event is an effort to really try to empower communities through individuals.

Last year’s inaugural summit was held in Shelby County and attracted a crowd of about 250 women.

For more information on the summit, call (256) 404-8270 or 245-1229 or contact lifeofdestinyint@yahoo.com.  

About Denise Sinclair  Denise Sinclair is a staff writer for The Daily Home.
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #593 on: October 09, 2006, 07:04:34 PM »

Hi everyone!  I hope all are doing well today.   Very Happy

Yesterday, while I was reading the forums to catch up I read the articles about when the boycott was first called. And someone pulled a clip from Greta or where ever showing where Beth and Dave both were talking about them calling for the boycott themselves. Could anyone post the link for me so I can read up on it again. I would like to save it for reference in the future, please.  TIA

God bless~

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: October 09, 2006, 07:04:49 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I could be wrong about the party affliation... but i know that NL was not Marianne Croes...

Marianne Croes the one who said the charges against Paulus on national TV and then boom no one ever heard from her again Laughing   I guess she didn't follow the game plan.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #595 on: October 09, 2006, 07:19:37 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
In the early days of Natalee's disappearance, there were a lot of people from Alabama posting at RWV.  That was the only format I had ever used--that and the newsletter style from long ago where each post arrives as an individual email.

Yes, it used to be like that long ago.   Very Happy Had done discussion groups before but under that email format, you would get 50-200 emails a day.  So when I would come over here, the threads were just too confusing and I would go back to RWV.

But before and even a while after Dan went off his rocker, I will match that research against any on the 'net in regard to Natalee's disappearance at that time.  We had some fabulous posters and I think lots of them were like me, couldn't figure out what all the threads were all about over here.  And both sites shared information and links back then as well.  

I usually ended up lurking in Theory and Speculation over here--anybody remember that thread?  Some really insightful posters there as well.  And the best when it came to Shango in Codetalkers.  

And yes, within two weeks of her disappearance, we had it pretty well figured out.  Then came the spin. . . . . . .

I remember that thread Anna.  I lurked there also.  I think I even made my first post there.  I was to afraid to post on the lively. Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #596 on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:53 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "Anna"

I remember that thread Anna.  I lurked there also.  I think I even made my first post there.  I was to afraid to post on the lively. Laughing

I think I might have been afraid of that thread... they had all the code talkers didn't they?  Remember the FP thread.. those guys were something else too... Shocked

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: October 09, 2006, 07:36:06 PM »

I liked the Chat.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #598 on: October 09, 2006, 07:39:18 PM »

I remember the day when things got kind of wild and the RBN got renamed as the LCD. Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: October 09, 2006, 07:40:27 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Yo, monkeys! I don't recall lurking at all. Just jumping right in and writing that Joran was a sexual predator. Got jumped on and asked to explain my stance. Could not really articulate it at the time, as it arose from various bits and pieces early on. Dang if I wasn't right on, huh? Guess being a therapist has some advantages.

Oh, gosh, distant memories of the church lady, her "questionable" friend, who cheered for Aruba and the main winch herself.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.