April 24, 2024, 05:09:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 121858 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:54 PM »

Y'all that is too funny about the "cult" thing.... LMAO...

unless being a Methodist/Episcopalian is a cult...  Shocked  Laughing that would be your hosts... Tom and Red's back ground...  but I like hearing stories like that...

does anyone remember the day that CBB misunderstood the phrase check your pms.... that was so incredibly cute...

and I am usually the one that does stuff like that...  Laughing

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #621 on: October 09, 2006, 09:55:38 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

unless being a Methodist/Episcopalian is a cult...  Shocked  Laughing that would be your hosts... Tom and Red's back ground...  but I like hearing stories like that...

does anyone remember the day that CBB misunderstood the phrase check your pms.... that was so incredibly cute...

When I email my "computer consultant" son, I throw in LOL, IIRC, etc.  He always writes back, you're still reading that blog aren't you??  He's even had to ask me what a couple abbrev. mean.  Gosh, I hope they're legit........... Wink
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: October 09, 2006, 09:57:42 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

When I email my "computer consultant" son, I throw in LOL, IIRC, etc.  He always writes back, you're still reading that blog aren't you??  He's even had to ask me what a couple abbrev. mean.  Gosh, I hope they're legit........... Wink

they usually are legit... there is a wonderful,group of committed caring people here...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: October 09, 2006, 09:58:04 PM »

Hi guys - if you all want to read something sad, in the Diario forum there is a message from a friend of the couple that recently died while snorkeling off Baby Beach.  If you scroll down to the bottom of this thread there is a link to the guy who passed aways Live Journal.  It was posted by a friend so that people in Aruba could see what a great couple they were and how much they will be missed.  Young couple: Crying or Very sad

http://www.diario-aruba.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: October 09, 2006, 09:59:24 PM »

I mentally justify computer time here as continuing ed class...part technology update and part sociology/ psychology, not to mention current world history....per credit hr....this is a bargain.....
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #625 on: October 09, 2006, 09:59:55 PM »

I remember seeing the news story on TV about Natalee. I got on my computer and it was on the msn homepage. That same day I somehow ended up on "sacred" monkeys. LOL. It was a good 2 weeks before I realized it said scared, and not sacred.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: October 09, 2006, 10:00:32 PM »

I mentally justify computer time here as continuing ed class...part technology update and part sociology/ psychology, not to mention current world history....per credit hr....this is a bargain.....

I gave up justifying it a long time ago, lol  Laughing
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: October 09, 2006, 10:02:25 PM »

I don't know when things from Aruba as far as postings went started to deteriorate.
When I first became aware of Natalee Holloway, it was via Nancy Grace.
Some vivid things :
The way that Natalee was trashed by Deepak and Joran. There was a statement that Joran made where he said Natalee had told him she was doing drugs at C & C's.
Missing in Aruba was a good site at the time. They sure had links and pix of the suspects that conteracted everything that Anita said about her son. And, given the police statements we have read, that was just the tip of the iceberg. Those statements also vindicate Beth and also Jug. Some of the things about Joran were true. Now we have in their own words what kind of life style they were engaging in. It is probably way worse. Because if these are the kinds of things that are self disclosed to the police, what wasn't disclosed ?
There was a Nelson from NYC that used to post and be sympathetic to the HT's. He works for JetBlue. And is from Aruba.  After the boycott was announced and Dave came on board, well, he changed his tune because it was going to affect his pocketbook. Same for the rest of them. Self interest rules.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: October 09, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Hi guys - if you all want to read something sad, in the Diario forum there is a message from a friend of the couple that recently died while snorkeling off Baby Beach.  If you scroll down to the bottom of this thread there is a link to the guy who passed aways Live Journal.  It was posted by a friend so that people in Aruba could see what a great couple they were and how much they will be missed.  Young couple: Crying or Very sad

I hope the arubans are much kinder to this couple than they have been Beth... and I don't count the F-16's....

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: October 09, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »

I hope the arubans are much kinder to this couple than they have been Beth... and I don't count the F-16's....

It will be a non issue for them.  As far as we know it was an accident.  One of them was in trouble and the other went to help.  I would certainly want an autopsy done though just to rule out drugs.  They look like such a happy couple..so sad.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

I might also add, I noted that this site really was moderated. If you have ever been on one that was not, you will know the difference! I really do not care to be the sounding board of some certified nutcase, people can really be mean and ugly. No excuse for anyone to kick a family when they are already down, and other sites let some people get away with it.
The monkeys are a cut above, and I am really glad I found you all. Smile

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2006, 10:07:17 PM »

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

They were so excited about their trip to Aruba  Crying or Very sad
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2006, 10:20:04 PM »

I was halfway watching some goofy movie on the Oxygen channel earlier tonight, and a new Aruba ad caught my eye. It sure does make Aruba look a lot different from that nasty desert place we've all seen. They must have filmed it in some tiny little corner of Aruba that's halfway pleasant (or filmed it on a different island altogether). Razz

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2006, 10:21:47 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
I was halfway watching some goofy movie on the Oxygen channel earlier tonight, and a new Aruba ad caught my eye. It sure does make Aruba look a lot different from that nasty desert place we've all seen. They must have filmed it in some tiny little corner of Aruba that's halfway pleasant (or filmed it on a different island altogether). Razz

Oh I think that maybe we should write Oprah on that one... it's her channel isn't it?

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: October 09, 2006, 10:26:30 PM »

Oh I think that maybe we should write Oprah on that one... it's her channel isn't it?

I didn't realize that. If it is her channel, I think she should certainly be made aware. I'm sure Oprah doesn't need money enough to take it from Aruba. Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: October 09, 2006, 10:38:28 PM »

I was halfway watching some goofy movie on the Oxygen channel earlier tonight, and a new Aruba ad caught my eye. It sure does make Aruba look a lot different from that nasty desert place we've all seen. They must have filmed it in some tiny little corner of Aruba that's h
alfway pleasant (or filmed it on a different island altogether). Razz

I didn't realize that. If it is her channel, I think she should certainly be made aware. I'm sure Oprah doesn't need money enough to take it from Aruba. Evil or Very Mad

I don't think so... and not only that, but she is now having women's conferences all over the US... she is all about empowering women and how can women be empowered when they are being targeted?  you know 20 x and all... maybe she needs a copy of Anna and Ms. Marple's thread?  Just a thought...

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #637 on: October 09, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »

I just e-mailed the Oxygen people and sent them a link to the thread here on crimes on Aruba. I hope someone will read that and find it enlightening. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: October 09, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »

Klaas...thank you for that link....I read it all...what a wonderful group of people/friends....so sad.... Sad

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #639 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:02 PM »

excellent... BT...

OK.. y'all I need to get outta here for tonight...

keep the faith...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.