April 18, 2024, 10:53:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #530 10/7 - 10/11/2006  (Read 121478 times)
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #680 on: October 10, 2006, 12:33:35 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Anna-

Y

I hugged the stuffings outta Lala's and she didn't poke me once with her pencils either  Wink
that's cause she left them here!  she gave them to anna or something lol Wink

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: October 10, 2006, 12:36:14 AM »

Laughing  too funny 2N......I am punchy I'm so tired so heading to bed now.

You and Anna can hold the fort down and use all the pointy pencils you like  Laughing

Hugs and night all !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: October 10, 2006, 12:36:46 AM »

Anna-

Yes I did tell her to slam it  Laughing too funny, I had forgotten it.

Klaas-

Son got injured last week in the FL game, it just took until the MRI last Thursday to factor out how much and where. Shoulder, tendons, rehab now and it that doesn't work - reconstructive surgery  Shocked so praying rehab works. So he's off special teams for now, can't tackle but can run and catch.....but trust me, I was glad he didn't play Sat night  Confused Sometimes when your team isn't having a great game it's a blessing to be able to say it wasn't your child?  Laughing I know you know what I mean, having had a famous son play yourself  Laughing

I hugged the stuffings outta Lala's and she didn't poke me once with her pencils either  Wink

Nonesuche, I'm so sorry to hear he was injured.  I tell you, they hit so hard in college ball.  Hard to watch when you have a son playing at times.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: October 10, 2006, 12:37:09 AM »

You and Anna can hold the fort down and use all the pointy pencils you like  Laughing

Hugs and night all !!

Nite None!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #684 on: October 10, 2006, 12:44:59 AM »

Do any Monkeys know Jimmy Buffett?

He has many Alabama & Mississippi ties ...

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #685 on: October 10, 2006, 12:48:55 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"

Out of all the current and former Monkeys I would have to say there is only one I would BET has actually met Jimmy Buffett.  That would be SandraK  Wink  Rolling Eyes  Yes, I am serious.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: October 10, 2006, 12:56:22 AM »

I think Jimmy Buffett has a new song Bama Breezes or something like that to benefit hurricane victime still trying to recover??

No, I don't know him but some of us might.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #687 on: October 10, 2006, 12:58:41 AM »

Hugs and night all !!
night night..i might be heading to zzzzz too (ut oh..old monkey habit slipping in! yikes!)  I'm sorry about ds... this weekend I watched a few games with the guys...it never ceased to amaze me how many injuries occurred in one lil ole game--:roll:
I watched the Aggie game and the cowboy / eagle game..dadofthree (hmmm...what was our bet again? LOL)
oh and the tu game and the... let's just say it was one football weekend lol but a FUN ONE!!  I never had so much fun yelling and  helping them run that ball down lolol Laughing ( I'm usually just the snack and beer girl!)

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #688 on: October 10, 2006, 01:03:52 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Out of all the current and former Monkeys I would have to say there is only one I would BET has actually met Jimmy Buffett.  That would be SandraK  Wink  Rolling Eyes  Yes, I am serious.

Oh dear.

Well, I just wondered if anyone had considered approaching him for any kind of support - moral, financial, whatever. Sounds just the fellow to help out with a TES search, if that's still viable.

I read at that link about the tourist couple that died recently (drowned at Baby Beach - which I still think is odd). Anyway - she had been singing that song for days before they left ...

He has donated much for hurricane relief. I think his parents lived in Mobile at one time; not sure if that's still the case.

I can't find any decent contact info at the web site. Guess it would have to go through the recording company.

He has concerts upcoming in mid-November in West Palm and Tampa.

Can we find out if there have been any previous approaches re. Natalee's case? (Like, by the H-T families?)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: October 10, 2006, 01:06:41 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"

Oh dear.

Well, I just wondered if anyone had considered approaching him for any kind of support - moral, financial, whatever. Sounds just the fellow to help out with a TES search, if that's still viable.

I read at that link about the tourist couple that died recently (drowned at Baby Beach - which I still think is odd). Anyway - she had been singing that song for days before they left ...

He has donated much for hurricane relief. I think his parents lived in Mobile at one time; not sure if that's still the case.

I can't find any decent contact info at the web site. Guess it would have to go through the recording company.

He has concerts upcoming in mid-November in West Palm and Tampa.

Can we find out if there have been any previous approaches re. Natalee's case? (Like, by the H-T families?)

I'll see if Red can find out  Wink
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: October 10, 2006, 01:09:41 AM »

Thanks, Klaas. If it seems an okay thing to do - and we can't find a better connection - I'll try to get to him.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:23 AM »

There are not that many of us in Alabama, Klaas.   Very Happy   Not like California where cities have more than our entire little state.   Cool Betcha somebody has met him or knows his family.  I wonder what MsMarple has in mind?  Maybe get him to do something for fund raiser or something?

Have to ask a full house about that.  I will try to ask cousins on Gulf Coast tomorrow and see if they know him or anybody who does.  Might or might not.  Yes, I can believe SandraK would step right up and intro herself, lol!

I am punchy like None so tired today. . . .better call it a night.

Goodnight all still here!

P.S.  Hope None's son is OK.  Yes, they just make me hurt watching sometimes the hits are so hard in college fb these days!  Will say a little prayer that rehab works for him.   Wink

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #692 on: October 10, 2006, 01:10:53 AM »

ok..this monkey has given out... im near keyboard face! lol---we all used to get that!!!!   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Do you think maybe that's what was happening to sandraK at times? she fell asleep and her face just happen to hit a few keys??  Confused

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: October 10, 2006, 01:11:25 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
There are not that many of us in Alabama, Klaas.   Very Happy   Not like California where cities have more than our entire little state.   Cool Betcha somebody has met him or knows his family.  I wonder what MsMarple has in mind?  Maybe get him to do something for fund raiser or something?

Have to ask a full house about that.  I will try to ask cousins on Gulf Coast tomorrow and see if they know him or anybody who does.  Might or might not.  Yes, I can believe SandraK would step right up and intro herself, lol!

I am punchy like None so tired today. . . .better call it a night.

Goodnight all still here!

P.S.  Hope None's son is OK.  Yes, they just make me hurt watching sometimes the hits are so hard in college fb these days!  Will say a little prayer that rehab works for him.   Wink

You're right Anna.  I was just saying the only one I would BET on was SandraK.. haha

Goodnight!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #694 on: October 10, 2006, 01:16:35 AM »

I think Jimmy Buffett has a new song Bama Breezes or something like that to benefit hurricane victime still trying to recover??

Hi Anna - yes, I saw that at the web site, about Bama Breezes. He went to Auburn ...

Now that I think of it, what about Alabama - the band? I read somewhere, maybe the VF article, that the DJ at C&C would crank up "Sweet Home Alabama" when the MB kids came in ...

You know - just any tie-in that would keep the story churning.

I would want some advice about what kind of help to request before pursuing either Alabama or J Buffett.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: October 10, 2006, 01:26:07 AM »

Hi Anna - yes, I saw that at the web site, about Bama Breezes. He went to Auburn ...

Now that I think of it, what about Alabama - the band? I read somewhere, maybe the VF article, that the DJ at C&C would crank up "Sweet Home Alabama" when the MB kids came in ...

You know - just any tie-in that would keep the story churning.

I would want some advice about what kind of help to request before pursuing either Alabama or J Buffett.

If I had to choose between the 2, I would say the band Alabama.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: October 10, 2006, 01:28:37 AM »

Like Buffett, Alabama is getting kind of old, lol.  I think the drummer may live in the UK, not sure.  But there are some of them running about here.  One has some really nice Shelties.  One looked at a horse in my pasture one time, a Great Belgian.  The horse, not the band member.   Cool

They are asked for lots of favors but what's one more?  I don't even know their last names but will see what I can find out tomorrow.  I know the one named Jeff looked at the horse.  Also my neighbor does lots of their art work like on vans and things.  Will ask him best way to contact, etc.  All they can say is no, I guess.  

Too tired to think right now but guess we would have to have something specific to ask of them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: October 10, 2006, 01:31:39 AM »

They built a little civic center at Rainsville and do the June Jam free every year.  I hate to say this but am not sure they are that popular any more, seem sort of retired.

But if we can think of something specific, I will try to track one down and ask.

Think Lalas lives close to them as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: October 10, 2006, 01:31:41 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL - I have to get up early for class tomorrow.  See you all in the afternoon!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: October 10, 2006, 01:33:49 AM »

Maybe one is supposed to ask their agent or something, publicist or someone in charge of the whole group?

Will work on that angle tomorrow.  Mind is a blur and too sleepy tonight.

Goodnight, any remaining monkeys!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.