April 19, 2024, 10:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NY serial killer Arthur Shawcross dead at age 63  (Read 2136 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 11, 2008, 06:11:13 PM »

Another one bites the dust ... good riddance. It is about time.

NY serial killer Arthur Shawcross dead at age 63

November 11, 2008 1:05 PM ET

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) - 1 of upstate New York's most notorious serial killers is dead.

State prison officials say Arthur Shawcross died last night at an Albany hospital where he had been taken after complaining of pain in his right leg. He was 63.

Shawcross was convicted in 1991 for killing 11 women, most of them prostitutes in the Rochester area, in the late 1980s and early 1990.

At the time the victims' bodies started turning up near the Genesee River and elsewhere around Rochester, Shawcross was on parole after serving 15 years in prison for killing two children in Watertown in 1972.

He was arrested for the Rochester-area slayings after state police spotted him near the frozen body of 1 of his victims.

Shawcross was serving a life sentence at Sullivan Correctional Facility.

The cause of his death is under investigation.

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=9329905

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.