April 25, 2024, 05:53:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alisha Sidie, 27, Missing since Friday night, November 11, 2008 (Body Found)  (Read 7842 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: November 13, 2008, 01:07:08 AM »

27 Year Old Alisha Sidie Missing in Hatfield, WI Since 11/7/08

http://missingexploited.com/2008/11/13/27-year-old-alisha-sidie-missing-in-hatfield-wi-since-11708/

Alisha Sidie Description:

5′4″ tall
125 pounds
brown hair
brown eyes
She has a tattoo of a taurus on her middle upper back and a cherry tattoo on her lower stomach.
Family says Alisha was wearing light blue scrubs and a long-sleeved white t-shirt.

According to reports, Alisha left her Hatfield home Friday night after an argument with her ex-husband, Doug Sidie. Her ex-husband said she left on foot. She has never been seen or heard from since.

Hmm ...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 01:52:23 PM by Red » Logged
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 03:59:46 AM »

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/34183854.html

UPDATED: THURSDAY, NOV. 13 AT NOON

Sgt. Pat LaBarbera with the Jackson County Sheriff's Department says three specialized search and rescue teams have joined the effort to find missing 27-year-old Alisha Sidie. LaBarbera says the three teams specialize in human search and rescue efforts. About 35 officers are searching in the water, using ATVs to search the woods, and combing the area on foot.

The Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory from Wausau has also now joined the search and is helping investigators in their search for clues.

UPDATED: THURSDAY, NOV. 13 AT 1 P.M.

Day four in the search for a missing 27-year-old mother of twins in the Hatfield area of Jackson County.

New today is that volunteer searchers were told to discontinue their efforts, and deputies told them that "this is now a law enforcement based search."

Alisha Sidie was last seen Friday evening after leaving her home.
Her husband says he and his twin boys were the last to see her.
Since then dozens of police officers and volunteers have combed the wooded, rocky area around Hatfield looking for her.

Additionally, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department in a news release said the Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory staff from Wausau
joined the search Thursday morning. No other details were given.

UPDATED: THURSDAY, NOV. 13 AT 5:30 P.M.

Investigators put up crime tape around the home of Alisha Sidie. The sheriff is also calling Alisha's Sidie's ex-husband a "person of interest".

Jackson County Sheriff Duane Waldera says right now there is no evidence of a crime and this is still a missing persons case.

But the sheriff says there is also no sign of Alisha Sidie. The 27 year old was last seen Friday night. Her ex-husband says he and Alisha had an argument and she left on foot.

Officers had crime tape outside the couple's home today. Alisha Sidie shares it with her ex-husband, Doug Sidie. Court records show their divorce was final in September of last year. But the couple did still live together. Sheriff Waldera says workers from the state crime lab went through the house today looking for any evidence to help them find Alisha.

He says right now, the only information they have to go on in the search is from Doug Sidie, seen in this video from last night. Sheriff Waldera says that's why he's being called a "person of interest."

Waldera says, "I wouldn't call him a suspect, but since he is the ex-husband and the last person that had contact with her. He's definitely a person that we have to be interested in because that's where we're getting the information."

Today, the volunteer searchers were called off. The sheriff says they already covered 1,200 acres without finding anything to go on. He says the search is now focused on more specialized areas and they're using divers and K-9 units to do that.

There is a vigil tonight for Alisha in Hatfield tonight. It's at the mug bar at 8:00.

UPDATED: THURSDAY, NOV. 13 AT 10:18 P.M.

A rainy day with no sign of Alisha Sidie ends with candles, stories and hope that she'll return.

Family and friends gathered Thursday night to hold a vigil in the Jackson County town of Hatfield.

Alisha's loved ones held onto each other, raising their candles, hugging, crying, and telling stories about the woman they’re so desperately hoping returns safe and sound.

The search for Alisha Sidie took a different turn on Thursday: Volunteer searchers were called off and technicians with the state crime lab arrived in Hatfield.

The Jackson County sheriff says Sidie's ex-husband, Doug Sidie, is now being called a "person of interest" in her disappearance. Sheriff Duane Waldera says Doug Sidie is cooperating with investigators and this is still a missing person's case. He says no evidence has turned up to prove there was a crime committed. At the same time, the sheriff says investigators are no closer to finding the missing woman.

Six days after Alisha Sidie walked away from the Hatfield home she shares with her ex-husband, the house is surrounded in crime tape. On Thursday, crime lab technicians searched for any clue that could lead them to the missing mother of twin two-year-olds. A pick up truck was also taken from the property to be processed.

"They're going through and checking to see if they can find any evidence. They’re looking to see if there was a crime that has been committed in there," Sheriff Waldera says.

Wednesday night, we talked to Doug Sidie inside his home as he sat with his sons to talk about their missing woman. The sheriff says Alisha's ex-husband is now considered "a person of interest."

"I wouldn't call him a suspect, but since he is the ex-husband and the last person that had contact with her, he's definitely a person that we have to be interested in because that's where we're getting the information,” Waldera says. “We'd like to find Alisha, hopefully alive. We'd love a moment where she would call and say 'I’m OK' or some direction that would give us another area to search and focus on."

Dive teams and search dogs remain focused on the lakes and rivers around Hatfield. The volunteer searchers were called off after no clues were found over 1200 acres.

"It's frustrating today to just be standing around and not doing anything," Alisha's Sister
Tracy Rowlee tells us.

She says while no longer out in the woods, Alisha's family is trying to keep faith.

"We're trying to stay strong and optimistic, but it’s taking a toll on all of us. We’re not sleeping,” Rowlee says.

Rowlee also admits the crime scene tape draped around the Sidie home is hard for everyone to take. Her only solace—keeping her sister's smiling face on everyone's mind.

“If Alisha's out there, we're begging and pleading please come home. Anybody that did anything wrong, please just bring her home. That's all we want right now,” Rowlee says.

Alisha Sidie has been missing for six days now. Anyone with information on her disappearance is asked to call the Jackson County Sheriff's Department. That number is (715) 284-5357.

We tried to call Doug Sidie on his cell phone Thursday night, but were unable to reach him for comment.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »

Ex-Husband Doug Sidie Named Person of Interest in case of Missing Alisha Sidie

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9347429&nav=menu1362_2_1

It was only a matter of time before this happened. The combination of an ex-husband, argument, missing women is a recipe for foul play. How many times have we seen this same set of circumstances play out?

There have been a rash of ex-husbands responsible for the deaths of their ex's this year.

Why can't they just walk away?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:19:52 PM »

I know Red...it drives me crazy...

Jackson County Woman Still Missing Week After Vanishing
Volunteer Search Effort Called Off

POSTED: 9:12 am CST November 15, 2008

HATFIELD, Wis. -- Search efforts that included dive teams and underwater sonar to probe a canal came up empty Friday in the hunt for a 27-year-old Jackson County woman who disappeared last weekend.

Sheriff's Sgt. Pat LaBarbera said search dogs were also used again in the effort to locate Alisha Sidie, of Hatfield, the mother of twin 2-year-old boys.

Sidie's former husband told authorities she walked away from the home they shared the previous Friday night after they argued. He reported her missing the next day.

Scores of volunteers have searched the densely wooded area until that part of the effort was called off Thursday. LaBarbera said they covered about 1,200 acres. The area also has a canal, the Black River and Lake Arbutus.

The Wisconsin Clearinghouse for Missing and Exploited Children and Adults is assisting the sheriff's department by distributing a flier with a photo. It notes she was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt, blue hospital scrub pants and white tennis shoes when last seen.

LaBarbera said the fliers will be distributed to area hunters preparing for the gun deer season that opens next weekend.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/17987874/detail.html?rss=c3k&psp=news

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 01:50:15 PM »

Missing woman found, former husband arrested

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9358405

BLACK RIVER FALLS, Ill. (AP) - Authorities in Jackson County say the body of a missing Hatfield woman has been found and her former husband has been arrested on murder charges.

The Jackson County Sheriff's Department provided few details late Saturday on how the body of 27-year-old Alisha Sidie was recovered, but said 39-year-old Douglas Sidie was in custody.

The woman had not been seen since Nov. 7.

Investigators told station WEAU in Eau Claire that the body was found in a desolate part of eastern Jackson County and that the couple's 2-year-old twin boys were in state custody.

I cannot say that this shocks me. When I first heard the story I said to myself that the ex-husband did it. Was it judgmental ... yes it was; however, it was also an educated guess from folloing so many of these cases.

His story made no sense and was too conveinent. A story that we have heard too many times ..ex .. argument ... missing spose.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 03:29:54 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Alisha Sidie's Body Found; Doug Sidie Arrested for Murder

Posted: 3:04 PM Nov 11, 2008
Last Updated: 2:10 PM Nov 16, 2008  
Alisha Sidie's sister told WEAU 13 News Saturday night that investigators say Alisha's body has been found and her missing persons case is now a criminal investigation. The Jackson Co. Sheriff's Department confirms Doug Sidie has been arrested for murder. Investigators say the Wisconsin State Crime Lab from Wausau is back on scene, and is processing more evidence.

Tammy Rowlee says investigators told the family the tragic news at 8 p.m. Saturday night. Rowlee told WEAU 13 News "she's (Alisha) no longer with us." Rowlee says the family is in shock. The only thing Rowlee says they were told was they found Alisha's body, deputies did not say where, and that it was a crime. The family says the sheriff's department has not told them any more details, as not to impede the investigation.

Sergeant Pat LaBarbera tells WEAU 13 News that the twin boys are in state custody as of Saturday night and that Doug Sidie has been arrested on suspicion of 1st Degree Intentional Homicide. Investigators tell WEAU 13 News Sidie's body was found in a desolate area in the eastern part of Jackson County. Investigators say she was not found in the water and they are not releasing details about her manner of death.

Alisha Sidie, from Hatfield, was the mother of twin 2-year old boys and worked at a chiropractic clinic in Black River Falls. Sidie's former husband, Doug, told investigators she walked away from the home they shared after they argued on Friday, November 7. He reported her missing Saturday, November 8.

JACKSON COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT PRESS RELEASE:
(Issued shortly after 12 midnight, Sunday morning)

New Developments in Missing Person Case

Missing persons case now a criminal matter.

On Saturday, November 15, 2008 new developments have occurred in the missing person case involving ALISHA SIDIE.

As reported, searchers and law enforcements officers have been searching for ALISHA SIDIE for six days.

Late Saturday evening, Sheriff Duane Waldera reported that the missing person’s case has now turned into a criminal investigation. Sheriff Waldera reports an arrest has been made.

Sheriff Waldera further reports that the body of 27 year old ALISHA SIDIE has been recovered and the Wisconsin State Crime Lab is currently back in Jackson County, Wisconsin. The crime scene is being processed by Sheriff’s authorities along with Crime Lab personnel.

Arrested in this matter is 39 year old, DOUGLAS SIDIE, the former husband of ALISHA SIDIE.

A news conference is set to take place at the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office on November 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM.

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/34183854.html

39-year-old Doug Sidie has been arrested for first degree intentional homicide

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 08:21:03 AM »

Funeral planned for Hatfield woman

HATFIELD, Wis. (AP) - Relatives are planning a memorial service for a mother of twin 2-year-old boys whose disappearance prompted a massive search last week before the Hatfield woman was found dead.

Jackson County Sheriff Duane Waldera says the ex-husband of 27-year-old Alisha Sidie was arrested Saturday after he showed investigators the general area where her body could be found. That's where a search dog found it.

District Attorney Gerald Fox says a charge of first-degree intentional homicide will be filed in coming days.

Meanwhile, a memorial service is scheduled at 6 p.m. Thursday at Buswell Funeral Home in Black River Falls, with visitation from 4:06p.m.

Messages of sympathy for the victim's family and especially her two sons dominate the comments people are posting on the Web site of WEAU-TV, linked with the station's news reports on the case.

http://www.wbay.com/global/story.asp?s=9367346

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:30:52 AM »

New testimony, evidence broke Sidie case

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=9390917

BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (AP) - Investigators say new testimony from an important witness and a diver's recovery of a handgun were keys to charging a Hatfield man with murdering his ex-wife.

Douglas Sidie faces a charge of first-degree intentional homicide in the death of Alisha Sidie outside the home they shared. The mother of twin 2-year-old boys was found dead last Saturday, a week after he reported her missing.

Jackson County Sheriff's Sgt. Pat LaBarbera said a man who was in the Sidie house when the killing happened admitted on Saturday that he knew she had been killed, even though he didn't witness the murder.

Around the same time, Gary George of the Jackson County Dive Team found a handgun in Morrison Creek. Prosecutors said it was used in the killing.

Authorities say Sidie admitted the killing when confronted with those developments.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:05:37 AM »

Jackson County Man Accused Of Killing Ex-Wife Appeared In Court

UPDATED: 11:31 pm CST December 8, 2008
BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. -- A Hatfield man accused of killing his ex-wife and hiding her body appeared in Jackson County court on Monday.

Douglas Sidie makes his initial appearance in court. Sidie reported his former wife, Alisha Sidie, as missing on Nov. 8 and helped in her search, saying she walked away the previous night after they argued.

After a weeklong search for her by scores of volunteers and law enforcement officers, Jackson County sheriff's officials said that Sidie confessed to shooting his ex-wife and told authorities where to find the body.

An investigator said Sidie shot her after she threatened to take their 2-year-old twin boys away.

Sidie, 39, is facing 11 charges, including first-degree intentional homicide, hiding a corpse and multiple counts of obstructing an officer.

He'll be back in court for a preliminary hearing next month.
http://www.channel3000.com/news/18233267/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »

Updated: 12/13/2008 11:32:02 PM
Alisha Sidie's story: A life far too short

By Chuck Rupnow 
Leader-Telegram staff 
BLACK RIVER FALLS - Alisha Marie Rowlee Sidie was a vibrant, enthusiastic woman who deeply cared about her family, self-improvement and friends before she was murdered last month, according to relatives.

"She was my best friend, the one I talked with when I needed someone," Tracy Rowlee, Alisha's 18-year-old sister, said in a recent interview. "We just can't believe this happened. She had so much going on, so much to live for, and now she's gone."

Alisha, 27, was killed when her former husband, Douglas A. Sidie, 39, shot her in the head outside their rural Jackson County home in early November, according to court records. He faces 11 criminal charges, including first-degree intentional homicide.

Douglas Sidie is scheduled to appear Wednesday for a preliminary hearing in Jackson County Court.

Rowlee family members are aghast that Douglas Sidie, a man they loved and trusted, would kill Alisha. They emphasized in a recent interview that Alisha, a spirited and motivated person, was working several jobs while also pursuing a nursing degree, specializing in neonatal work.

"She was so excited to be a mom and she loved her two boys so much," said Susan Rowlee, Alisha's mother. "She had two jobs, went to school full time and was a full-time mom. She meant a lot to many, many people."

Alisha, who bartended at Black River Falls-area taverns and also worked at times for a local insurance agency and chiropractic office, was attending Chippewa Valley Technical College in Eau Claire four days a week with Tracy. Alisha was interested in neonatal work, largely because her twins, Zachary and Bryce, were born prematurely almost three years ago. Each weighed about 4 pounds.

"She loved people, enjoyed being around them," Tracy said. "That's why she was liked so much as a bartender; she was friendly and cared about people."

But Alisha's relatively short life had its turbulent times as well, including a 2003 car crash in which her back was broken and she required major surgery.

She also survived an incident in April 2004 when she awoke to find the family's mobile home filled with smoke. She put out the small fire, got cleaned up and left the residence, only to have the residence burn about an hour later.

"She got through some pretty tough things," Susan Rowlee said while holding Bryce. "This is all just so sad. She was such a great mom, great person. She and Doug seemed so happy."

Alisha and Douglas Sidie, a construction worker, met while she was bartending and they eventually moved in together. The couple married Dec. 18, 2005. Six months earlier, he had thrown her to the ground twice and kicked her in the head after he'd been drinking and she didn't want him to drive, according to court records.

One of the major rough spots in the relationship was Douglas Sidie's relationship with his 8-year-old son through a previous relationship. Alisha believed he was paying more attention to that boy than to his twin sons and her, Tracy said.

Divorce records indicate the couple agreed to shared placement of the twins in March 2007, but that was changed to primary placement with Alisha on July 26, 2007. The couple divorced Sept. 7, 2007.

"They had been happy for a long time, but then they got into a lot of child care stuff with Doug's son from before," Tracy said. "Alisha just felt the boys got set aside and she got set to the side because Doug was doing stuff with the other boy rather than her and the twins. He put them second, and that's what they argued about."

Despite the rifts, the two reunited and were planning to remarry next year, Tracy said. But Alisha moved out several weeks before her death and stayed about a month with a former boyfriend before deciding to reunite with Douglas about 10 days before her death.

She told her boyfriend "that she felt she was in love with Doug, plain and simple, she should give it another try with Doug because she said she didn't want to have to stand before God and say she didn't give it her all," Tracy said, adding that Douglas had made numerous tearful requests for Alisha to return.

On the evening of Nov. 7, after an argument in the garage, Douglas Sidie, who reportedly had been drinking after a day of hunting, put a loaded .22-caliber handgun in the waistband of his pants and followed Alisha outside, where he shot her, records say. He then put her body in a pickup truck, drove to a secluded wooded area and dragged the body into the woods.

The next day, Douglas Sidie reported that Alisha walked away after an argument and did not return. He allowed scores of family, volunteers and law enforcement officials to senselessly scour the area in hopes of finding Alisha. He gave emotional public pleas, often with arms around his twins, saying he would do all he could to find Alisha.

"Me and Doug were really close, and for him to do that, to lie about what happened and to put all of us through what he did - I just don't understand it," Tracy said. "It puzzles me how he could say he's going to bring the boys' mama home, knowing all along he had killed her and dragged her out in the woods."

Douglas Sidie's admission that he killed Alisha and hid her body came about a week after lying to authorities.

He shot Alisha after she threatened to harm his 8-year-old son, according to his attorney, John Brinckman of La Crosse.

"There's just no way she would have said those things," Tracy said. "Did she like what was going on? No. But she would never have threatened to harm that boy. He stayed with them, and her twins went to stay at his house."

Brinckman said the case is "likely going to trial," adding that "enough evidence came out at the initial hearing that certainly opens the door for mitigating circumstances.

"Evidence demonstrated Mr. Sidie was faced with a direct threat to have somebody kill or 'off' his 8-year-old son, as well as never see his twins again. That was the situation he was facing just before the tragic event."

Brinckman said he will present other evidence during hearings to show Douglas Sidie was distraught about the relationship.

On the night of her murder, Tracy sensed Alisha was upset.

"I asked her what was wrong and she just said: 'Oh, I'm just being emotional right now,' but I knew something was wrong," Tracy said. "I just told her to do what your heart tells you to do; follow your heart. I know she was tugging and tugging in which direction to go."

Natalie Downs of Black River Falls, a close friend of Alisha's, said the two bonded quickly when they met about five years ago.

"We were really, really good friends, and she was a wonderful, loving, caring, happy, hard-working woman," Downs said Thursday. "She really loved Doug, and even though they were divorced it was a financial thing that they had to do. She went back to give it one more chance.

"She's going to be very, very missed by me and many others," Downs said. "She was like my rock; whenever I needed somebody to talk to or cry with, she was there."

http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-news.asp?id=BIK3VFSNH74

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »

Sidie awaits sentencing after pleading guilty to killing ex-wife

By Chuck Rupnow Leader-Telegram staff

BLACK RIVER FALLS - An atmosphere of relief was evident Tuesday afternoon in a crowded Jackson County courtroom when Douglas Sidie pleaded guilty to killing his ex-wife last year.
But as relieved as the victim's family and prosecutors were Tuesday, another eventful chapter in the nightmarish murder story is expected when Sidie is sentenced in a few months.

"There will be another side to all this," defense attorney John Brinckman of La Crosse said after the hearing. "There is more that people need to hear."
Sidie, who turns 40 on Thursday, was found guilty of first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of Alisha Rowlee Sidie, 27, on Nov. 7 outside the Hatfield area home they shared.

In exchange for the plea, Jackson County District Attorney Gerald Fox dismissed a felony count of hiding a corpse and nine misdemeanors, including eight of obstructing police.

Presiding La Crosse County Judge Elliott Levine, who painstakingly made sure Douglas Sidie understood the meaning of his plea and its ramifications, accepted the plea. No sentencing date has been scheduled. He faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison, but he could be eligible for extended supervision after 20 years.

Fox said he and Brinckman agreed to recommend Douglas Sidie be eligible for release after 30 years, but Fox said he will follow the recommendation of the pre-sentence investigation report even if it is less then 30 years.
Fox said the conviction closes one aspect of the case.

"I don't know if I can be satisfied," he said, adding that the impact of the murder has affected many people in the area. "I am glad we won't have to show the graphic details of this crime to a jury."

A two-week jury trial was scheduled to begin Aug. 24.

"All doubt has been removed as to what he did," Fox said about Douglas Sidie. "Now he has to be held accountable."

But Douglas Sidie will get a chance to give his side of the story when he takes the stand during sentencing. Brinckman said he will question him about the events of the tragic night.

Judge Levine said a full day should be set aside for the sentencing hearing because of Douglas Sidie's testimony and the presentation by Fox, which will include statements from the victim's family.

Brinckman said Douglas Sidie "needs to be heard about the surrounding circumstances" of the shooting.

Brinckman, after the hearing, said he and Douglas Sidie hoped they could get a conviction of second-degree homicide but realized a jury would most likely give great credence to his actions after the shooting.

"What happened afterward, with Doug moving the body and lying to police and others, was going to make it nearly impossible to put on a second-degree case," Brinckman said. "He lied after the fact. So much would have depended on the testimony of Douglas Sidie, but a jury would likely have focused on what he did."

Douglas Sidie lied to Alisha Sidie's family, friends, police, the media and others about Alisha Sidie allegedly leaving one night and not returning. While holding the couple's twin sons, he gave public pleas for her safe return.
Brinckman said even if Douglas Sidie would have been found guilty of second-degree homicide, and combining possible sentences if convicted of the other 10 charges, he would have faced 35 years in prison.

"He is disappointed that we can't get a second-degree, but he also understands the results of something that he set in motion," Brinckman said.
Alisha Sidie's family declined to comment Tuesday, but her sister, Tracy Rowlee, 19, of Black River Falls, said Monday that she hoped Douglas Sidie would receive the maximum penalty, which is life in prison without the possibility of release.

According to court records:
Douglas Sidie hid a .22-caliber handgun in his waistband, walked out of their garage and shot Alisha Sidie in the face from close range. He then put her body in a truck and hauled it to a marsh, but thought it would be too conspicuous from the road, so he moved it by truck to another, densely-wooded area. He later showed police where to find the body. The gun also was found.

The couple were divorced but had been living together for a short time before her death. They had twin sons, and Douglas Sidie has a 9-year-old son from a previous marriage.

Douglas Sidie eventually confessed to the murder, saying he did it only after she threatened harm to his older son and to not allow Douglas Sidie to see the couple's young twin sons, according to Brinckman.
http://www.leadertelegram.com/story-news.asp?id=BKRUDG260A1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 06:08:23 PM »

St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota)

August 12, 2009 Wednesday 

Black River Falls, Wis. / Man guilty in ex-wife's slaying

Douglas Sidie broke down Tuesday when a judge asked if he intended to kill his ex-wife when he shot her in the face during an argument in November.

"Yes," he said, weeping through his response.

For eight days, the Hatfield man had joined hundreds in searching for the woman he reported as missing -- even though he had dumped Alisha Sidie's body in a rural area of northern Jackson County after shooting her Nov. 7.

Douglas Sidie's lies to authorities destroyed his credibility and could have resulted in a harsher sentence if found guilty on all 11 charges, said defense attorney John Brinckman.

So Sidie opted to plead guilty Tuesday to first-degree intentional homicide in Jackson County Circuit Court.

"When we put everything together, it seemed like it was the right thing to do," Brinckman said.

The other 10 charges, including felony hiding a corpse, were dismissed as part of the plea agreement but can be considered at sentencing.

No sentencing date was set. While a life sentence is mandatory, the judge could make Sidie, now 39, eligible for extended supervision after 20 years.

As part of the plea agreement, Jackson County District Attorney Gerald Fox agreed to ask that Sidie be eligible for release after 30 years or earlier if recommended in the presentence investigation.

"It's a relief I don't have to show the graphic nature of this case to a jury," Fox said.

Sidie initially claimed his 27-year-old ex-wife had left on foot after an argument outside the home they still shared with their 2-year-old twin sons. He reported her missing the next day.

He admitted to investigators Nov. 15 that he shot his ex-wife with a .22 caliber handgun, according to court testimony.

He then loaded her body into the bed of his pickup truck and initially put it in a marsh but moved it elsewhere after deciding it could be seen too easily.

He later led authorities to a secluded, wooded area off Waterbury Road near Wisconsin 54 in the town of Komensky, where Alisha Sidie's body was found. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1022344817&start=9

pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 06:49:39 PM »

30 years seems so wrong.

Alisha didn't even get to live 30 years.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.