March 18, 2024, 10:44:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kellisue Ackernecht Missing Since Sept. 30, 2008 Johnstown/Amsterdam, NY  (Read 24323 times)
AES
Scared Monkey

« on: November 13, 2008, 01:41:54 AM »

Name:  Kellisue Ackernecht

Date of Birth:  12/16/1972
Date Missing:  09/30/2008
Age at time of disappearance:  35
City Missing From:  Johnstown
State Missing From:  New York
Race:  White
Height:  5'10"
Weight:  135lbs
Hair Color:  Auburn
Eye Color:  Brown

Identifying Characteristics:  Wears glasses and a wedding band on her left hand, was last seen wearing tan pants, new white sneakers, and a Rite-Aid apron. She has a patch on her right cheek.

Circumstances of Disappearance:  Kellisue was last seen September 30th leaving her job as a shift supervisor at an Amsterdam Rite Aid around 9:45 p.m. She was driving a 10-year-old Saturn sedan. Three hours later, police found the car engulfed in flames a few blocks from her Johnstown home, with no sign of Kellisue. The car was parked in an area neighbors call Frog Hollow, near the Rail Trail. Police said this street wasn't the usual way Kellisue drove home. The car was completely destroyed by the fire. 

Medical Conditions:  According to her husband, she takes medication for depression, but stopped taking it before she disappeared. 

Investigative Agency:  Johnstown Police Department
Agency Phone:  (518) 736-4021

AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:50:56 AM »

Vigil held for missing Johnstown woman
Sunday, October 19, 2008 

MOHAWK VALLEY, N.Y. -- It was an emotional night as family and friends of a missing Johnstown woman held a vigil in her honor.

Kellysue Ackernecht's was last seen leaving her job in Amsterdam on September 30th. Three hours later, police say they found her car, destroyed by fire, just three blocks away from her home.

Family and friends gathered near a rite aid where she was last seen. Many of them also drove down to the rail trail on West Montgomery Street; the exact spot where the charred remains of her car were found.

We want people to realize that Kelly was very well loved by her family by co-workers by friends you know. There's just a lot of people out there that care about her, worry about her, that love her and miss her, said Chris Clouston, Brother.

Police haven't named any suspects in the disappearance. If you have any information you're asked to call Johnstown Police who are continuing to investigate.

-------------------------------------------
JOHNSTOWN, N.Y. -- disappearance remains a mystery to police and her family, said Louise Sira, Fulton County District Attorney.

Kellysue Ackernecht, who was last seen driving away from the Rite Aid in Amsterdam, hasn't been seen in two weeks.

Main thing is where is she? Is she OK? Nobody seems to have that answer yet, said Tom Kilcullen, Kellysue's brother.

Kilcullen, simply wants to know what happened, concerned since he believes she would have called someone if she could.

For her not to have any contact with her daughter, that's really strange. Maybe she didn't call us, but not to check on her daughter, that's out of this world. It just wouldn't happen, Kilcullen said.

It's been two weeks since anyone has seen a Johnstown woman whose car was found on fire near her home. Our Steve Ference reports on the latest as some family members continue to reach out asking for help from anyone who may know anything.

We don't have any evidence of criminality. We don't know if perhaps she's accidentally missing, if she's hurt, she's injured. If she's fallen into foul play. We have no idea, Sira said.

Sira says Ackernecht left from her Amsterdam job that night around 9:30 p.m. Four-and-a-half hours later, her car was found a short distance from her Johnstown home, destroyed by fire.

The Johnstown Fire Department hasn't ruled that the fire was set intentionally, they haven't ruled out any mechanical defect or problem, Sira said.

We stopped by her home, basically a couple blocks from where the car fire happened. A woman answered the door, told us to talk with the police, then slammed the door on us. Authorities tell us no one is a suspect at this time and that her husband is "definitely not a suspect at this time."

----------------------------------------
Johnstown Police Search For Missing Woman 
Oct 9, 2008 

Authorities are still searching for a missing woman.  Kelllisue M. Ackernect of Johnstown was last seen last Tuesday.

According to published reports her husband says he thinks someone might be holding Kellisue against her will, and if so, that it might be someone she knows.

The 1998 Saturn sedan she was driving was found on fire, shortly after she was reported missing.  Anyone with information on where Kellisue might be, is asked to call Johnstown Police at 518-736-4021.

Today a State Police Helicopter will search the area where Ackernect's car was found in hopes of also finding her. News 10 is in Johnstown and will bring you the latest on our website, and on air... starting on News 10 at Five.

He's been cooperating with the police department, as has been her entire family,Sira said.

All of this is leaving too many questions for Ackernecht's family and friends, like whether it really was foul play or if Ackernecht wanted to disappear.

In the time frame we're looking at right now, I don't want to say it, but I do fear the worst, unfortunately,Kilcullen said.

As the police continue their search and both investigators and family ask for anyone with information to call them.

If anyone's seen or heard from her, I don't care who you are, good, bad or indifferent, we'd like to know where she is and if she's okay,said Kilcullen.

Sira says you can call an anonymous tip line if you have any information that may help the family find some answers. That number is (518) 736-5561.

--------------------------------------------
Police looking for missing woman after car fire

JOHNSTOWN, N.Y. -- “She walked out with another person that night. They both punched out together. They both got in the car together. Everything seemed to be fine, then all of a sudden all this happened,” said Dennis Ackernecht.

One week ago, Dennis Ackernecht says his nephew's wife, Kellysue Ackernecht, left her job at the Rite Aid in Amsterdam just like any other evening.

”She got out of work 9:30 that night. Well from 9:30 to 2:30 when the cops woke me up, I don't know where she was,” said Ackemecht.

Three hours after she left work, firefighters were called to West Montgomery Street in Johnstown to put out the fire that destroyed her car.

“Just a car totally burned up. Gone. No tires, nothing. Everything was gone. Even the steering wheel was gone,” Ackernecht said.

It's a mystery police have been working to figure out since Monday. A Johnstown woman who went missing after leaving work, a car fire and no trace of the woman since then. Our Steve Ference reports on the case as the family asks for your help in finding her.

And one week later, Kellysue Ackernecht, described as 5-feet, 10-inches tall, weighing 135 pounds, a former teacher’s aide at a Johnstown school, is nowhere to be found.

“We had a few people looking the next day. We were looking,” Ackernecht said. “We didn't find anything.”

“We did an initial search the night of the missing person report. We used the city K-9 at the time. Since then, we increased the search, increased the number of dogs. Yesterday we had the Capital District K-9 training group come to the area and we did a grid search,” said Johnstown Police Lieutenant Mark Gifford.

The area, known as Frog Hollow, is right by the Rail Trail, a jogging path not too far from the center of Johnstown.

We were unable to reach her husband, who's been quoted in the local paper saying he believes someone may be holding her against her will. Police don't think that's the case.

“We have not eliminated any possibility. We're leaving no stone unturned. Every lead that's reported to us or we come across, we exhaust,” Gifford said.

Some of the questions police are now grappling with are why her car ended up about a 30 second drive from her home and then why did it burst into flames?

“I know her daughter's missing her. Hey, if you're out there, come home, you know?” Ackernecht said.

While her family, including her ten-year-old daughter, wonders what happened, police ask anyone with information to call them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search continues for missing woman
October 8, 2008
CBS 6

Police are still searching an area off West Montgomery Street in Johnstown where a missing woman's car was found burned last week near the rail trail.

Kellisue Ackernecht, 36, was last seen October 1st leaving her job at Rite Aid in Amsterdam at around 9:30 PM.

Police said the burned car was found in Johnstown down the street from where Ackernecht lives with husband and 9 year old daughter.

Police are not commenting on whether they suspect foul play.

Please contact Johnstown Police Department at (518) 736-4021 if you have any information regarding this case.

----------------------------------
Search for missing Johnstown woman intensifies 

JOHNSTOWN -  Dennis Ackernecht said rumors have been flying about his nephew Jayson, who is married to Kellisue Akernecht. The 36-year-old Johnstown woman has been missing since October 1.

"Jayson is a good boy. And whatever happened to her, he's got nothing to do with it," said Ackernecht.

Kellisue was last seen September 30th leaving her job as a shift supervisor at an Amsterdam Rite Aid around 9:45 p.m. She was driving a 10-year-old Saturn sedan. A co-worker told us by phone that nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Four hours later, police found the car engulfed in flames a few blocks from her Johnstown home, with no sign of Kellisue.

The car was parked in an area neighbors call Frog Hollow, near the Rail Trail. Police said this street wasn't the usual way Kellisue drove home.

That has fueled speculation, even though police said they are not leaning toward arson in the car fire. They've used K-9 units to search the wooded area nearby, and are following leads.

"It could be a missing person. It could be foul play," said Johnstown Police Lt. Mark Gifford. "We are not ruling out anything at this point. The person could be voluntarily missing also."

But Dennis Ackernecht, who lives a few houses away from the scorched road, doubts that Kellisue would run away. He said she loves her daughter and her job. And said the family - and her husband - are very worried.

"He's holding up pretty good but I know deep down inside it's killing him. And we're all worried about her," he said.

We also spoke with Kellisue's sister, who said she did not know who would want to harm Kellisue.

On Thursday, a State Police helicopter was scheduled to continue the search.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 07:00:03 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 07:55:34 AM »

Search continues for Kellisue

Updated: 11/10/2008 08:09 AM
NORTHVILLE, N.Y. -- Imagine if one of your family members just vanished. That's what the family of Kellisue Ackernecht is dealing with. The Johnstown woman has been missing since the end of September after leaving work at Rite Aid. Her car found here a few miles away on fire three hours later.

"We are not eating, we are not sleeping well we want her home," said Karen Clouston, Ackernecht's sister-in-law.

Then think about what you would do as the days went by. As investigators search for answers, her family started a search of their own, with pictures in hand along shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake.

"We are hopeful we find something, some information that we can pass on to the police. At least try to get some sort of closure," said Chris Clouston, Ackernecht's brother.

The edge of Sacandaga was just one spot people were looking on Sunday. More than 40 volunteers headed out to various locations within a 20 mile radius of Johnstown.

"It's based upon a timeline from Johnstown area where her car was found. We are looking in any direction that might give us a clue," said Chris Clouston.

Volunteers looked through brush, peaking into buildings and walking the lake's sandy shores. For investigators, answers have been hard to come by. Right now, in Ackernecht's case, there are no suspects and few clues.

"I miss her. She is very much loved. She is a very great person," said Karen Clouston.

"We would like to find a happy ending. We would like to have her come home," said Chris Clouston.

http://capitalnews9.com/content/headlines/127693/search-continues-for-kellisue/Default.aspx

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:38:21 PM »

Thank you so much Bleachedblack, for posting the article you found. Poor Kellisue has been missing quite a long time now. I hope a new lead turns up quickly for her sake. Awareness of her missing is vital.
AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:45:41 AM »

Brother frustrated by search for woman
Canajoharie man urges JPD to seek assistance

By MICHAEL ANICH, The Leader-Herald POSTED: November 14, 2008 Save | Print | Email | Read comments | Post a comment
Email: "Brother frustrated by search for woman" 
*To:   <--TO Email REQUIRED!

JOHNSTOWN - The brother of missing city woman Kellisue M. Ackernecht said Wednesday he's increasingly frustrated by the Johnstown Police Department's decision not to seek help from state police to help solve her more than six-week disappearance.

"I want some answers," Thomas Kilcullen said, although he added he is grateful for local police efforts so far.

Kilcullen, a Canajoharie resident, said he strongly urges the Johnstown Police Department to tap into more outside help, such as utilizing state police to help crack the case of his missing sister.

Ackernecht, 36, of 330 W. Main St., left her job at Rite Aid in Amsterdam just after 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30, police said. She was reported missing by her husband, Jayson Ackernecht, in the early morning hours of Oct. 1 - about the same time the car she was driving was found engulfed in fire at West Montgomery and Chestnut streets.

Kilcullen said he talked earlier this week to Fulton County District Attorney Louise K. Sira, who he said assured him that city police are "doing the best they can."

But Kilcullen said he thinks Johnstown police should be doing more, such as asking state police for more help in combing the "Frog Hollow" area where the burned car was found and reinterviewing witnesses.

"I think the case is going sour," Kilcullen said.

"We're doing everything we can, everything humanly possible," Johnstown police Chief Gregory Horning said Thursday.

Kilcullen said he has talked to state police several times, and he said they told him they are willing to help with the investigation - with a manhunt or whatever is needed. He said he specifically talked with Investigator Karl Meybaum of the state police Bureau of Criminal Investigation in Fonda.

"They're just waiting for the OK from the Johnstown Police Department," Kilcullen said.

Reached Wednesday at his office, Meybaum said, "The case is in the city because it's their case."

Meybaum said he "doesn't know enough about the case" to know whether state police should be called by Johnstown police.

"We've reached out to them and offered our assistance," the BCI investigator said.

In his opinion, Kilcullen said he thinks city police should have called in state police nearly 40 days ago.

State police did help with the search by use of one of its helicopters that hovered over the Frog Hollow area in October, but found nothing to tie into this case. The city Police Department has done foot searches with dogs.

The Johnstown police and the St. Johnsville Dive Team have combed the banks of the Cayadutta Creek leading nearly to Sammonsville.

Chris Clouston, one of Ackernecht's brothers, organized a search party Sunday in hopes of turning up something related to his sister. The search found nothing.

Kilcullen said state police officers have told him privately they "can't understand" why Johnstown police haven't called them into the case.

"I'm not saying [Johnstown police] are not doing their job," he said.

He suggested police look further into Jayson Ackernecht, who has declined comment to the media since doing an interview with The Leader-Herald when the missing person case first drew media attention.

Kellisue M. Ackernecht is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. Her family says she has "short brown, naturally curly hair with red highlights."

The family also says Kellisue was last seen wearing tan slacks, a black shirt, new white sneakers, tan stockings and brown glasses.

People may call Johnstown police at 736-4021 with confidential information on the case.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:00:51 PM »

AES......please note that we need web links posted for copyright laws.
Thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:51:17 PM »

Thank you so much Bleachedblack, for posting the article you found. Poor Kellisue has been missing quite a long time now. I hope a new lead turns up quickly for her sake. Awareness of her missing is vital.

You are very welcome. I hope the family catch a break soon in locating Kellisue, they must be so worried. My prayers go out to them all. I will keep searching for info.

allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »

http://findkellisue.wordpress.com/

Sadly Kellisue is being forgotten, please help keep her name and face in the public.
allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »

Still trying to keep Kellisue's name in the public, sadly we are almost to Thanksgiving and no sign of Kellisue, no news, no leads nothing. I had the pleasure of meeting her brother today her family would like some closure. You can see the pain in his eyes. Law enforcement is either tight lipped or not actively working on the case.
Please keep Kellisue in your prayers this Thanksgiving.
allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 11:03:58 PM »

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local/...6-b46551a220c5
For Jayson Ackernecht, everyday since September 30th has been a struggle. That's the day his wife, 36-year-old Kellisue Ackernecht, disappeared.

"I cry day after day, night after night. I worry about her. My daughter worries about her, wondering where she is," Jayson says.

Kellisue was last seen that Tuesday night leaving her job at the Rite Aid in Amsterdam at about 9:45 pm. Later, at 1:45 am, the car she took to work that day was found on West Montgomery Street, just a few blocks from her home in Johnstown. It was completely engulfed in flames. Kellisue was nowhere to be found.

As police continue to investigate her disappearance, many in the city have formed their own opinions, taking to the blogs to voice their suspicions about her own husband.

Now, for the first time ever, Jayson is speaking out against those accusations.

"I would never harm my wife. I had nothing to do with this at all," Jayson says. "I had to have the police department come to my house and wake me up to tell me that my car was on fire."

Jayson has his own theory as to what may have happened. He believes his Kellisue is still very much alive.

"We think she just took off and left with somebody else," says Jayson. "Who, we don't know yet."

Now, Jayson has a message for his wife...A plea from both him, and their nine-year-old daughter. He says he wants her to come home.

Of course, as this investigation continues, anyone with information on Kellisue's whereabouts should contact the Johnstown Police Department at (518)736-4020.
Edit/Delete Message
AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »

Thank you Nut44X4, I didn't realize I needed to include weblinks of articles. And thank you Allaster for posting the latest news slip on the Fox channel.
allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »

bumping for kellisue!
allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46:31 PM »

Missing womans sister unhappy with Johnstown Police

Steve Flamisch

The sister of a missing Johnstown woman is losing patience with the town police department.

Kellisue Ackernecht, 35, disappeared on September 30, a few days before her daughters ninth birthday. Her sister, Beth Manchester, said Tuesday that she believes the investigation is stalled.

Absolutely, Manchester said when asked whether she is frustrated with the Johnstown Police Department. But Im not going to say anything bad about anybody.

The lieutenant in charge of the probe did not immediately return a CBS 6 phone call on Tuesday.

Police found Ackernechts care on fire less than a mile from her house on the night she vanished. There was no one inside the vehicle, police said. Subsequent searches of the area revealed no sign of the missing mother of one.

It was very hard for Thanksgiving, Manchester said. I was with my son. We said a prayer for her.

Though Manchester said she believes her sister is still alive, she does not understand why Ackernecht hasnt called her loved ones especially her daughter.

We really wish she would come home, Manchester said.

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/police_1259137___article.html/manchester_sister.html
allaster1
Scared Monkey

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 10:00:17 PM »

Johnstown chief confident case will be solved

JOHNSTOWN - City Police Chief Gregory Horning said Tuesday he believes missing city resident Kellisue M. Ackernecht might be alive and may return back to her loved ones.

Horning also reiterated something he has said since she went missing Oct. 1 - her husband, Jayson Ackernecht, is not a person of interest in her two-month disappearance and has been very helpful to police.

Jaysons been very cooperative, Horning said, including his periodic meetings with the lead investigator, Sgt. David Gilbo.

Horning said his department, Fulton County District Attorney Louise K. Sira and other area police agencies had a recent four-hour meeting on the case. The chief expressed optimism Kellisue Ackernecht is still alive.

Shell turn up, Horning said. All our hopes and prayers are with the Ackernecht family. We hope well find her alive someplace.

Meanwhile, family members of the missing city residents family this week are continuing to do things behind the scenes to keep her case in the media. They also say they are still upset by how the case is being handled by law enforcement.

Monday marked two months since she has been missing. Kellisue Ackernechts 37th birthday is Dec. 16. Her brother, Chris Clouston of Connecticut, said Tuesday he might be organizing a vigil for her birthday.

Although he cant always break away from his job in Connecticut to help with the case, Clouston said he wants to keep his sisters case in the spotlight, even if only through a vigil.

He said hes displeased with the way city police and Sira have have handled his sisters case. He said he wants more answers to his questions. Both Johnstown police and Sira continue to say Ackernechts disappearance remains a missing-person case.

Clouston said hes going to make a concerted effort to contact area media.

Ackernecht, of 330 W. Main St., left her job at Rite Aid in Amsterdam just after 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30, city police said. She was reported missing by her husband in the early morning hours of Oct. 1 - about the same time the car she was driving was found engulfed in fire at West Montgomery and Chestnut streets, also known as Frog Hollow.

State police have helped the city Police Department as lead agency with the search by use of one of its helicopters that hovered over the Frog Hollow area in October, but found nothing to tie into this case. The city Police Department has conducted several foot searches with dogs and forest rangers. Johnstown police and the St. Johnsville Dive Team have combed the banks of the Cayadutta Creek leading to Sammonsville.

Lately, Horning said, his department has been following a few leads here and there.

He said theres still no evidence of foul play and there is nothing new to report on the cause of the burned car.

Weve done everything humanly possible, Horning said. Weve done a lot of leg work for leads that sometimes have gone nowhere.

On the positive side, he said his department has ruled out several things in the case. Some of that has had to do with conversations with Jayson Ackernecht, Horning said.

Horning said he has conferred with major crimes experts in the region. He said they are telling him, Your people are doing everything.

Were a pretty competent police department, Horning said.

Clouston said despite what city police say, he would like his sisters family better apprised of whats going on in the investigation.

Something needs to be done, he said.

He said he sent a letter to CNN legal and crime broadcast personality Nancy Grace.

Clouston said he has a source in Maine that may help with another K-9 search in the Johnstown area.

Theyve done many cases nationally with positive results, he said, declining to provide the groups name.

He said his sisters case continues to be on state and national missing-persons registers.

Clouston said people can find information about the case

on a Web site, www.findkellisue.wordpress.com.

Kellisue M. Ackernecht is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. Her family says she has short brown, naturally curly hair with red highlights.

People may call Johnstown police at 736-4021 with confidential information on the case.

Michael Anich covers Johnstown and Fulton County news. He can be reached at johnstown@leaderherald.com

http://leaderherald.com/page/content.detail/id/507933.html?nav=5011&actionAlert=commentadded#commentNum44380
AES
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 01:58:10 AM »

I am sure that police have looked into every lead, but it just isn't and has not been enough, because Kellisue has not been found.

allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:17:55 PM »

http://leaderherald.com/page/content....html?nav=5011
Group marks womans birthday
Kellisue Ackernecht last seen Sept. 30

By MICHAEL ANICH/The Leader-Herald

JOHNSTOWN - At 7:09 p.m. Tuesday - on a dark crisp night in Frog Hollow -17 people sang a spirited version of "Happy Birthday" to Kellisue Ackernecht.

But the Johnstown woman wasn't there to enjoy the celebration of her 37th year of life, and that was the point.

The group of Ackernecht's family members, friends and acquaintances, and even strangers, met for a candlelight vigil in an effort to keep her name in the spotlight. Led by four of her siblings - brothers Thomas Kilcullen, Chris Clouston, John Kilcullen and sister Beth Manchester - the group stayed for several minutes at the spot just a few yards from where the missing woman's car was found burned in the early morning of Oct. 1.

"We just want her to come home safe," Manchester said.

The vigil was the second one held in Johnstown, as family members continue to scratch their heads about the whereabouts of Kellisue. Family members also have conducted their own searches for the woman.

"We just wanted everybody to get together to show everyone that we're missing her," Thomas Kilcullen said.

Clouston arrived at the vigil a few minutes after 7 p.m., having driven 196 miles from his home in Connecticut. Her planned to get right back in his car and drive back at the conclusion of the vigil.

"I'm glad you guys came around on short notice," Clouston told the group.

John Kilcullen's fiancee - Margo Kusaw of Johnstown lit candles along the posts on the bending curve where Ackernecht's car was found.

Absent Tuesday night was Ackernecht's husband, Jayson, who shares a home three blocks away with her and their daughter at 330 W. Main St.

The Johnstown Police Department has continued to treat the baffling case of the two and one-half month disappearance as a missing-person case. Police and District Attorney Louise K. Sira say they need evidence before they can even begin to build a criminal case in her disappearance.

What has been made public is the case is that Ackernecht left her job at Rite Aid in Amsterdam just after 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30, Johnstown police said. She was reported missing by her husband in the early morning hours of Oct. 1 - about the same time the car she was driving registered to him was found engulfed in fire at West Montgomery and Chestnut streets, also known as Frog Hollow.

City fire officials have said the vehicle is too burned to gain any evidence, but haven't closed their investigation.

Police have conducted searches, including one with the assistance of a state police helicopter, over the Frog Hollow area, but they found nothing tied to this case. The city Police Department has done several foot searches with dogs and used forest rangers. Johnstown police and the St. Johnsville Dive Team also have combed the banks of the Cayadutta Creek leading to Sammonsville.

Just before 7 p.m. Tuesday, vehicles started pulling up to the bend that parallels the Rail Trail. Participants in the vigil braved a 25-degree night to let everyone know they haven't forgotten Kellisue.

"I'm here to lend support because there needs to be more support," said Kalley Lee of Fort Plain - a complete stranger to Kellisue.

She said she doesn't know Ackernecht, but decided to get involved, as she has in other missing persons cases.

Lee has put together a Web site for everyone to remember Kellisue Ackernecht in their thoughts and prayers - www.findkellisue.wordpress.com. She said the Web site is free to her and she has the time during the day, staying at home to take care of a sick daughter.

Many of the people attending the vigil said they didn't want to criticize anyone involved in the case.

Thomas Kilcullen said he didn't think his sister was "capable" of torching the family car, no matter if she had any personal problems or not.

He also said it was unusual his sister would come up missing two weeks before own daughter's birthday.

When asked to give a message to Kellisue, many in the group simply said for her to call any family member. The group said it was sad the media - including TV stations invited - weren't keeping up with the story.

Kellisue M. Ackernecht is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. Her family says she has "short brown, naturally curly hair with red highlights."

Michael Anich covers Johnstown and Fulton County news. He can be reached at johnstown@leaderherald.com
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2009, 07:28:14 PM »

No news, no publicity.....very sad.

THis is the most recent posting I can find>>
Kellisue you have not been forgotten. If you are reading this please contact someone so that we know you are safe.
Written by teamalex

January 15, 2009 at 5:35 pm

http://findkellisue.wordpress.com/2009/01/15/kellisue-remembered/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »

Hope your ready for this one

Turns out Kellisue's husband is now on myspace looking for a woman!
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=428835874
"About me:

I am a volunteer firefighter. I would like to find a women between the ages of 28 - 33. I am not into head games I do not want someone that will cheat on me I already had that relationship for 9 years, I want someone who will treat me and my daughter with respect ? I dont want know one night stands or any of that B.S. I am through with people threating me like I am a piece of dirt.

Who Id like to meet:
Someone who likes to have a good time, will get along with me and my little girl"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 09:40:06 PM »

You are so welcome...I am watching for news.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 09:45:11 PM »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=428288890

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.