March 28, 2024, 04:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kellisue Ackernecht Missing Since Sept. 30, 2008 Johnstown/Amsterdam, NY  (Read 24342 times)
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »

Bumping for Kellisue
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 10:44:23 AM »

Jayson Ackernecht has became very active in the search for his wife. He has been in contact with TES, and their are plans in the future for a search!!! Just wanted to update everyone. Jayson is also planning a fundraiser to donate money to TES for coming and doing a search!
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »

I met Jayson in person today. He has contacted Texas equusearch and is working on planning a fundraiser so the money can be donated to TES for coming and doing a search for Kellisue.
I guess we will see what happens.
He did express he had felt threatened by her brothers.
He holds a job, but has some health problems with seizures
I got to see a picture of Kellisue and Jayson's little girl, she is precious it makes every bit of work I have done on her website etc worth it. This little girl deserves closure.
I will not stop and will continue to help in any way I can until Kellisue is found.
http://findkellisue.wordpress.com/
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAWLIjEX_S4

Spaghetti Supper
Lombardo's Pizza
St. Johnsville, New York
518 568 7111
May 4,2009
5pm-8pm
11.00 per person
take outs available
50/50 Raffle
Tickets will be available soon
All funds raised will be donated to Texas EquuSearch
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 02:59:50 PM »

Company to join in search for woman
By MICHAEL ANICH, The Leader-Herald
POSTED: March 13, 2009
Save | Print | Email
Email: "Company to join in search for woman"

JOHNSTOWN - Weather permitting, a Texas-based organization is planning to get involved in late March or early April in the local search for city resident Kellisue M. Ackernecht, who will have been missing six months by that time.

Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team, based in Dickinson, is planning to search for her, the agency and Johnstown police Chief Gregory Horning said this week.

Texas EquuSearch office administrator Sherry McKinney Monday said her all-volunteer agency was contacted by someone in Johnstown to help with the search for Ackernecht, who went missing the night of Sept. 30.

Ackernecht's brother, Thomas Kilcullen of Ames, said Kellisue Ackernecht's husband, Jayson Ackernecht, contacted the Texas agency.

Kilcullen credited another local volunteer - Kalley Lee -for encouraging him to contact Texas EquuSearch.

"I think Jayson deserves a lot of credit," Lee said Thursday.

He said Kellisue Ackernecht's husband is working hard on behalf of himself and his 9-year-old daughter to find Kellisue.

Lee said Jayson Ackernecht also set up a fundraiser - a spaghetti dinner - to be conducted from 5 to 8 p.m. May 4 at Lombardo's Restaurant in St. Johnsville. Proceeds from the dinner will go as a donation to Texas EquuSearch.

Kilcullen, who has led local searches for his sister, said Texas EquuSearch should be welcomed.

"I'm not sure they can do anything, but they've got more experience looking for missing persons than we do," he said. "Unfortunately, we feel she's not around [deceased]. That's my feeling."

Horning said Johnstown police didn't contact Texas EquuSearch, but verified Jayson Ackernecht was at the police station Thursday about the search organization's intention to come to Johnstown.

"We are a volunteer search and recovery organization funded all through donations," McKinney said. "We go all over the country."

The organization -also known as TES - has a Web site address of texasequusearch.org. The site says Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recovery Team was started in August 2000.

TES, a nonprofit organization, has more than 1,000 members.

McKinney said Kellisue Ackernecht's profile was due to be put up soon on the Web site.

She said Barbie Tarr, search coordinator for Texas EquuSearch, will be leading the local search.

Tarr said Thursday about 10 members of her agency will come to the Jamestown, N.Y., area from March 31 to April 6 to look for a different missing person. She said her agency wants to swing through New York state at the same time to actively search for Kellisue Ackernecht. She said she still has to get in touch with Johnstown police.

"We need to talk to law enforcement to determine what, if anything, we can do to assist them," Tarr said.

She said her agency won't search if there's a lot of snow on the ground.

Ackernecht, 37, of 330 W. Main St., was reported missing by Jayson Ackernecht in the early morning hours of Oct. 1.

She left her job at Rite Aid in Amsterdam just after 9:30 p.m. Sept. 30, Johnstown police said. She was reported missing about the same time the 1998 Saturn sedan she was driving was found engulfed in fire at West Montgomery and Chestnut streets, also known as Frog Hollow.

City fire officials said the vehicle was burned too much to gain any evidence, but haven't closed their investigation.

Horning said the search for Kellisue is ongoing.

"We're still investigating any leads that come," the police chief said.

He said he welcomes Texas EquuSearch.

Kellisue M. Ackernecht is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. People may call Johnstown police at 736-4021 with confidential information on the case.
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/mar/24/0324_missingsearch/

By Jim McGuire (Contact)
    Gazette Reporter

JOHNSTOWN — Texas EquuSearch, the organization involved in some of the most publicized missing persons cases in recent memory, will be in Johnstown in early April to look for 36-year-old Kellisue Ackernecht.

Ackernecht has been missing since Oct. 1, when her 1998 Saturn was found burning around 2 a.m. in the parking area at Frog Hollow at the end of West Montgomery Street. No one reported seeing her after she left work around 10 p.m. Sept. 30 at the Rite Aid on Route 30 in Amsterdam.

As friends and family members await the search, they are also planning a spaghetti dinner benefit for EquuSearch, set for 5 to 8 p.m. May 4 at Lombardo’s Pizzeria in St. Johnsville. Meals, including takeouts, are $11. A 50/50 raffle will also be conducted.

Kellisue Ackernecht’s husband, Jayson Ackernecht, is among those organizing the benefit. Fort Plain residents Kalley Lee and Deb Walsh and Kellisue Ackernecht’s brother, Thomas Kilcullen, are also working on the dinner.

Jayson Ackernecht said he is now taking a leadership role in the search effort, after backing off last fall, when some of his wife’s relatives suggested he was responsible for the disappearance.

“Not a damn thing,” he told The Gazette on Monday, when asked if he had anything to do with his wife becoming a missing person.

“We have no clue about what happened … it’s a mystery,” he said. “I was home sound asleep with my daughter … I waited until midnight and then I went to bed,” he said. Usually, he said, “she was home by 10:30.”

Ackernecht, who stopped talking to reporters in the days following his wife’s disappearance, said he remains alienated from his wife’s family. “I don’t have contact with any of them,” he said.

Kilcullen said he welcomes EquuSearch, an organization with a wealth of experience. “They may know where to look,” Kilcullen said.

He said he anticipates the search area will be a six-mile radius around the site where the car was parked. If his sister is in the area, he said, it is probable her body would be found in the vicinity of the car.

If she is alive, as even some investigators contend, “it seems awful odd there have been no phone calls,” Kilcullen said. He said he is certain if his sister relocated she would have called him or another family member.

“We’d kind of like some closure … is she around or isn’t she?” Kilcullen said.

Lee said she volunteered for this effort out of gratitude to the donors and volunteers who aided her family when her 4-year-old daughter, Alexandra Handy, was diagnosed with leukemia. The child is now in remission and doing well, her mother said.

“I reached out to Jayson,” Lee said, calling the situation “very sad.” After talking to Ackernecht, she said she does not consider him a suspect. “I don’t think Jayson did anything; he really misses her. When he talks about her he gets very emotional,” Lee said.

Lee said EquuSearch did not request the fundraiser. “They’re not expecting anything,” she said.

Johnstown Police Chief Greg Horning said his detectives have followed every lead in the case, but have hit some dead ends.

He said he expects to coordinate search activities with officials of EquuSearch and said anticipates a team effort that may “find something.”

Johnstown police, with assistance of other departments and state forest rangers, conducted a number of searches in the area where the car burned, along the Cayadutta Creek valley and surrounding, mostly overgrown former farmland.

While detectives have yet to develop information that may solve the case, Horning said the investigation has eliminated many possibilities.

“Until we have definitive answers, we’re still treating it as though she is alive,” Horning said.

With so much time elapsed without an indication his wife is alive, Ackernecht said he is losing hope.

“I hate to say it, but my feeling is, yeah, but where,” Ackernecht said, conceding the search may now be to recover a body.

EquuSearch was founded in 2000 near Galveston.

The organization’s Web site said it has about 1,000 members and conducts searches on land and in water using a variety of resources including dog teams, horse and rider teams, planes, a drone and helicopters.

EquuSearch is also equipped with the latest technology.

EquuSearch officials did not return a call for comment by late afternoon.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 03:39:00 PM »

I have human remains in Rotterdam, NY. Apx. 33 miles from Johnstown
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/police_1262599___article.html/rotterdam_motel.html

update:
This report says remains there for several years
http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/police_1262599___article.html/rotterdam_motel.html
This report says they may know who it is
http://capitalnews9.com/default.aspx?ArID=137570
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:02:55 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 02:01:34 PM »

I am sitting here helpless unsure what else we can do to help find Kellisue. We keep holding out hope for some news and the only thing that seems to happen is time just keeps passing by. Hard to organize a community search, when law enforcement does not show any support or interest in finding Kellisue. I am baffled a woman can go missing her car burnt and the police still consider her alive and well just on a 7 month "break" I wish I had some new things to report or to say but unfortunately we are back to square 1. Please keep Kellisue and her daughter close in prayer.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »

Rotterdam remains ID'd as Ernest Michalik http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/apr/19/0419_skeleton/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »

We have been informed Texas EquuSearch will not be coming to New York to perform a search for Kellisue.The spaghetti supper is still on, however Texas EquuSearch will not be accepting a donation.  The money raised from the supper will be put into a trust  account and will be used to help aid  in the search for Kellisue.  The family has been speaking to other organizations about performing a search for Kellisue. We will keep everyone up to date on search information.

Spaghetti Supper, Monday May 4, 2009, Lombardo’s Pizza, State Hwy 5 St. Johnsville New York, 5pm-8pm, tickets $11.00, 50/50 Raffle
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »

http://angel760-truthwillbefound.blogspot.com/

Interesting
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 03:19:02 PM »

A Vigil will be held on Mongtomery Street, Johnstown New York
May 17, 7pm-8pm small prayer, reflection,remembering Kellisue Ackernecht and others who are missing Everyone is invited to join us
http://nationalvigilforhope.org/
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 03:25:20 PM »

Thanks for the updates allaster.  I hope the spaghetti dinner fund raiser went well yesteday.  I keep Kellisue & family in my prayers.  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »

http://kelliandjaysonackernecht.blogspot.com/
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 07:27:48 PM »

We need volunteers and team leaders to help with the search for Kellisue Ackernecht
June 28, 2009
8am-4pm
Johnstown area is focus exact spot to be announced
We need as many people as we can get to help out!
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/search
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 05:33:24 AM »

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/abused-1267078-brother-sister.html

Missing woman's brother says she had been abused
Vigil marks one year since Kellisue Ackernecht's disappearance

October 02, 2009 11:50 PM
During a vigil for 36-year-old Kellisue Ackernecht, who vanished September 30, 2008, her brother told reporters his sister had been abused.

"There's been a lot of bad stuff that I probably shouldn't have found out that I found out," says Thomas Kilcullen.

He declined to name the person he claims was responsible.

"I'm sorry she was living a rough life I wasn't aware of until it was too late."

Ackernecht's husband Jayson was at the vigil but told reporters he was under a lawyer's orders to not talk to reporters. He did say he had nothing to do with his wife's disappearance and said he's like to know where Kilcullen is getting his information.

"The other side of the family has been trash-talkin' me and they can do whatever they want, says Kilcullen. "I don't care about them, I don't care about what my family thinks - I'm after my sister, that's what I'm thinking. There's been a little bit of abusiveness..."

Kilcullen said his sister may have done something wrong but said whatever it was it didn't justify her being harmed.

"Our sister worked for Johnstown School District and after this all came about a lot of the employees for JSC stepped up to the plate and gave us some information - and personally myself - that we've been relaying to Johnstown police about Kelli coming to work with - you know, hiding stuff with make-up and stuff like that."

He says his sister never told him who was hurting her.

"She was living in a very controlled environment, wasn't allowed to do too much without making phone calls or whatever, Kilcullen says, "and I personally had to sneak calls to her just to talk to her...it was hard for her to communicate. Nobody should have to live like that. If she wanted out and she's still alive, God bless her, but if she is out there I wish she'd call somebody in the family, I'll tell you that, because it's hard. We all miss her."

Kilcullen says his sister was planning a birthday party for her now ten-year old daughter two weeks before the disappearance. He says he cannot believe his sister would leave on her own.

"You tell me any woman in this world who's got a child of their own, that they gave birth to, and you tell me you're gonna leave that child behind and not communicate? If that's the case there's really something wrong."

Johnstown police spokemsan Lt. Mark Gifford said all leads have been exhausted but it's still an open case, where detectives follow up on new leads as they come in.  Gifford said nothing has been ruled out and there are no suspects.  District Attorney Louise Sira told CBS 6 News the police department has turned over nothing to her office
allaster
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2010, 10:13:07 PM »

Forget Me Not
Candlelight Vigil
In Remembrance of Kellisue Ackernecht
June 14, 2010
126 W.Main Street Park
Johnstown, New York 12095
7pm – 9pm
Findkellisue@usa.com

We will be passing out Forget me not flowers, blue candles with purple ribbon
The event will be held at a historic park in the center of Main Street in Johnstown, New York. We hope to have a good turn out.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2010, 10:16:11 PM »

Forget Me Not
Candlelight Vigil
In Remembrance of Kellisue Ackernecht
June 14, 2010
126 W.Main Street Park
Johnstown, New York 12095
7pm – 9pm
Findkellisue@usa.com

We will be passing out Forget me not flowers, blue candles with purple ribbon
The event will be held at a historic park in the center of Main Street in Johnstown, New York. We hope to have a good turn out.

an angelic monkey 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 06:35:52 AM »

There is a video here and the headline reads:

Potential New Evidence in Case of Kellisue Ackernecht

I can't view the video, but is was posted 11 hours ago.
http://www.cbs6albany.com/video/?videoId=593408269001&lineupId=1143371293&play=now

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »

There is a video here and the headline reads:

Potential New Evidence in Case of Kellisue Ackernecht

I can't view the video, but is was posted 11 hours ago.
http://www.cbs6albany.com/video/?videoId=593408269001&lineupId=1143371293&play=now

Some people went to the burned car and found some tape with a hair on it.  They turned it over to LE.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.