March 29, 2024, 12:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow...70 mpg  (Read 1835 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 13, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

However, the big news came in fuel consumption, where the car used 38 percent less fuel. In terms of EU cycles, the 308 hybrid burned 3.4 l/100 km (around 70 mpg U.S.), instead of 5.5 from the regular version. Le Figaro managed to get fuel consumption of 4.6 l/100 km (51 mpg U.S.) without too much effort, thanks to the 308 being able to drive solely on electrons until 45 km/h (30 mph). The big question is when is this going to be available to those of us who aren't French ministers...

http://www.autobloggreen.com/category/diesel/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »

First Drive: Daimler F-Cell, Hyundai FCEV, Toyota FCHV and GM HydroGen4

The last driving impression was also by far the best. Getting inside the HydroGen4 from General Motors proves that the automaker has an excellent fuel cell platform to work with. On the outside, the hydrogen car looks very much like a standard Equinox, minus the chrome slits at the rear where the steam exhaust is released, but the entire drivetrain under its hood has been replaced with a fuel cell stack, motor, motor controller and inverter. ...We ran the air conditioning at all times and it did not seem to affect performance in any meaningful way. By the time we parked the fuel cell Equinox, we were convinced that the General had done its homework in making a hydrogen-powered car that seems ready for the masses. Of course, GM is in fact letting a number of people drive the cars as their daily transportation through its Project Driveway initiative, which proves that believes its car is ready for prime time. Still, the cost must dramatically go down before a vehicle such as this is ready for the showroom floor. For now, don't hold your breath.

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/10/30/first-drive-daimler-f-cell-hyundai-fcev-toyota-fchv-and-gm-hy/

I guess I wouldn't lose my air...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 11:14:03 AM »

Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra

M&M is currently readying to launch its SUVs in the US market and the Scorpio brand will be promoted with a $60 million advertising budget over the first year.

M &M is focusing on the mileage card to push its vehicles in the US. The major selling points of its pickup vehicles is that each will give an estimated gas mileage of 33 mpg on the highway and will be competitively priced. In the U.S., M&M trucks will be distributed by Global Vehicles USA, which currently has 325 dealerships primarily on the East and West Coasts, as well as in the South.

M&M was early evaluating buying General Motors Hummer but withdrew its interest in the off-roader brand to focus on its own products. , which apart from SUV Scorpio include two- and four-door pickups powered by clean diesel engines.

http://www.domain-b.com/companies/companies_m/Mahindra/20081113_scorpio.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

You want to talk mileage? We were getting 50 miles per gallon at high speed. Our fuel economy would blow away any of those hybrids.

"About half of U.S. car buyers have a negative impression of diesel," says Jeff Kuhlman, director of public relations for Audi. The impression is left over from the old polluting, under-performing engines of the 1980s. "Young people," says Kuhlman, "don't really know what diesel is."

Audi has a very successful racing program with diesel racers including the 24-hour LeMans. About half of the vehicles in Europe are diesel. Europeans have been paying high prices for fuel for years, as much as $10 a gallon for gasoline, so diesel's 20 to 30 percent better fuel economy makes a big difference.

Judging from the success of the VW Jetta, which has the same engine as the Audi A3, and went on sale in August, the diesel has a good chance to succeed. VW dealers are sold out of this year's allocation of about 1,300 clean diesels.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/07/MTLU13MG4T.DTL

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.