April 16, 2024, 12:06:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *** The same old vs. change:  (Read 1522 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 13, 2008, 11:51:19 AM »

*** The same old vs. change:

Reuters has a provocative analysis piece wondering how Obama can bring change to Washington when he’s tapping Clinton Administration veterans to help with the transition and the new Administration. Obama, “who swept the presidential election on a mantra of change, apparently believes it is Washington old-timers who are best equipped to steer the country in a promised new direction. Obama, drawing up lists of possible appointments for his administration, has come up with a host of familiar faces reaching back to former President Bill Clinton's team and beyond.” (In fact, this exact question came up at last December’s Des Moines Register debate, where Hillary Clinton said she wanted to hear the answer to that question and Obama replied, “Well, Hillary, I'm looking forward to you advising me, as well.”)

*** Retiring the debt: Yesterday, the Obama campaign -- under David Plouffe’s name -- released a note to their email list asking donors to help purchase “Victory” T-Shirts to help retire the DNC’s debt. “We've been reviewing the books, and the DNC went into considerable debt to secure victory for Barack and Joe,” Plouffe said. “So before we do anything else, we need to help pay for this winning strategy.” Just sayin’, but note how they’ve sent out an email to help retire the DNC’s debt, but not Hillary’s. Hmmmm. ... Still, there had been hints during the summer from some Obama folks that they'd be a more effective surrogate fundraiser for Clinton's debt retirement post-election if Obama won. Well?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/11/13/1672096.aspx

I think the biggest change in Washington would have been a move to financial responsibility.  No more debt passed on to children and grandchildren.  A government seeking balance, reduced spending, fair compensation for healthcare providers, reducing healthcare inflation.   All I see is up spending, higher taxes.  Restoration of previous tax levels, but not a reduction of previous entitlement spending - things like earned income...

Hmmm... failure to reform Fannie/Freddie and other things back in 2006.  Many of these things were probably good programs started by Democrats.  The problems fermented and festered.  Under Bush, the problems were identified, and reforms suggested.  Who blocked the reforms?

Imagine how life would be two years later if the financial house was put back in order years ago. 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:56:35 AM »

*** The same old vs. change:

Reuters has a provocative analysis piece wondering how Obama can bring change to Washington when he’s tapping Clinton Administration veterans to help with the transition and the new Administration. Obama, “who swept the presidential election on a mantra of change, apparently believes it is Washington old-timers who are best equipped to steer the country in a promised new direction. Obama, drawing up lists of possible appointments for his administration, has come up with a host of familiar faces reaching back to former President Bill Clinton's team and beyond.” (In fact, this exact question came up at last December’s Des Moines Register debate, where Hillary Clinton said she wanted to hear the answer to that question and Obama replied, “Well, Hillary, I'm looking forward to you advising me, as well.”)

*** Retiring the debt: Yesterday, the Obama campaign -- under David Plouffe’s name -- released a note to their email list asking donors to help purchase “Victory” T-Shirts to help retire the DNC’s debt. “We've been reviewing the books, and the DNC went into considerable debt to secure victory for Barack and Joe,” Plouffe said. “So before we do anything else, we need to help pay for this winning strategy.” Just sayin’, but note how they’ve sent out an email to help retire the DNC’s debt, but not Hillary’s. Hmmmm. ... Still, there had been hints during the summer from some Obama folks that they'd be a more effective surrogate fundraiser for Clinton's debt retirement post-election if Obama won. Well?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/11/13/1672096.aspx

I think the biggest change in Washington would have been a move to financial responsibility.  No more debt passed on to children and grandchildren.  A government seeking balance, reduced spending, fair compensation for healthcare providers, reducing healthcare inflation.   All I see is up spending, higher taxes.  Restoration of previous tax levels, but not a reduction of previous entitlement spending - things like earned income...

Hmmm... failure to reform Fannie/Freddie and other things back in 2006.  Many of these things were probably good programs started by Democrats.  The problems fermented and festered.  Under Bush, the problems were identified, and reforms suggested.  Who blocked the reforms?

Imagine how life would be two years later if the financial house was put back in order years ago. 

If Obama had taken public financing the way he agreed to the DNC wouldn't have to worry about paying off the debt.  He wouldn't have been able to buy the election.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.