April 19, 2024, 01:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #60  (Read 338490 times)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1460 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:19 PM »

Tim is crying  !! Damn it!!!

I will go back to what I wrote last night here ... these cases take a piece out of you. You cannot help but be emotionally invested and take them personally.

I mean no disrespect to people who have volunteered because I applaud you all and am so proud of every person who took time out of their busy lives to volunteer for a selfless cause.

However, when you are on the inside, in the inner circle of these cases and know the many sordid, sick and heinous details of a missing persons case that 99.8% are not privy to it takes its toll. Dealing with thses cases first hand is like organized chaos and you heart rate is at 200. The highs are as bad as the lows and its always a rollercoaster from not daya to day but minute to minute. There is so mush that goes on that no one sees.

When one gives 100% of their heart mind and soul to help complete strangers who are victims of crime as Tim was himself, it takes its toll.

My first exposure to this was Aruba and when I came back it took a real long time to get over the emotional anguish.

Now imagine doing that 24/7/365 as Tim does.

Tim Miler is not perfect and that is why I love him. However, he has a heart of gold and would do anything for anyone who has a missing loved one.

A long time ago I said that people's fascination with Tim Miller was because he is a tragic hero. It is not a perfect story. It is a sad one of losing his daughter Laura and his path thru life as a person trying to make a difference.

Making a difference to families that many of us have never heard of.

We are all not perfect and that is why we love Tim and he is a hero.

The man cares ... he may drive me crazy some times because he does not get certain things or he does not listen ... but the man cares.

Tim Miller ,,, heart of gold.

Gos bless you and the work you do for so many nameless families.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1461 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »

Could some one answer me this question?

Has Padilla actually taken the lie detector test and if so has there been any results?

Also some one needs to explain to me when LP is on Nancy Grace ever night how in the hell she has not asked him this very questions and whether he passed or not?

Seems like a simple yes or no answer.

Red ... Leonard Padilla was only requested yesterday to take a polygraph and ... he agreed.  According to this article ... the FBI will follow up at a later day.  However ... when I read the following article ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests

Think about it.  The Anthonys who have obviously obstructed the investigation time and time again by shielding their daughter from the consequences of her actions in regards to the happenings of June 16th ... were requested way back when to take a polygraph and ... never submitted.  When I read the following article ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests?

What "official" action is the sheriff's office doing to locate Caylee Marie's remains.  It appears that Tim Miller and Leonard Padilla are the only ones making that effort ... an effort that is dependent on volunteers and donations.

Janet
_________

Orange County Officials Ask Bounty Hunter To Take Lie-Detector Test
Girl Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: 8:14 am EST November 13, 2008
UPDATED: 4:40 pm EST November 13, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Divers searching for the remains of Caylee Anthony on Thursday said they discovered a garbage bag containing bones and toys in a river at an Orlando park, but Orange County authorities said the findings were not credible, causing them to request the bounty hunter who led the search to take a polygraph test.

A team from Blackwater Divers led by celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla conducted the search in the Little Econ River at Blanchard Park in Orlando.

But Orange County sheriff's officials said the findings were not bones and the discovery was not connected to the case.

"Early on the afternoon of Nov. 13, 2008, divers associated with an independent search for Caylee Anthony reported the recovery of what they believed were bone fragments and other items related to the missing toddler from the Little Econ River on Jay Blanchard Park in east Orange County. Investigators assigned to the investigation into the disappearance of Caylee responded to the park and determined that the recovered items are not associated with the case.

The sheriff's office remains focused on the primary mission at hand, which is to locate Caylee Anthony and continues to follow up on all viable leads and tips that are deemed to be creditable in their ongoing investigation," the statement said.

Sheriff's officials said they have asked Padilla to take a polygraph test, to which the bounty hunter agreed. The FBI will conduct a polygraph test with Padilla at a later date, Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said.

"There's a couple of small toys in the bag. One of them is a clover-type shaped item -- green -- and we know that Casey was big on clover-shaped items. So I told them to shut it down and get the sheriff's office out here," Padilla said.

FBI agents inspected the items, Local 6 News reported.

"We came out here to find Caylee, but you don't want to find her," Padilla said while crying. "But that's the truth of the matter. We think we have."

Padilla said he has believed for a while that Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, left the girl's body at Blanchard Park.

"When the detectives talked to her, while she was trying to convince them (baby sitter) Zenaida (Gonzalez) took (Caylee) away at the Sawgrass Apartments, she also mentioned that she had also come out here to see -- that afternoon at 5 or 6 -- if possibly Zenaida was out here at the park because Zenaida used to bring the girl to the swings," Padilla said. "When we got into town and bailed her out, the day after she was out, she told me that Zenaida had taken (Caylee) away from her right here in front of the swings at Jay Blanchard Park."

Padilla said Casey Anthony mentioned the name Zenaida together with the park about eight times.

Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said she was ignoring Padilla's efforts. She said if, and until, law enforcement officials comment on any finding, she was concentrating on finding Caylee alive.

Cindy Anthony said she received a tip earlier on Thursday of another possible Caylee sighting. She said a caller reported a sighting at a McDonald's in Coral Springs.

The search of the river was the second in four days. A two-man dive team organized by Padilla searched the same river on Monday but did not find anything. Padilla, who held a prayer vigil for Caylee at the park on Tuesday, had said that he would be leaving Orlando after the service.

"Nobody else is doing it. Everybody left town," said Padilla when asked why he decided to lead another search. "We're bringing up the remains. We feel confident that the remains are there."

"The water smells, there's alligators, there's snakes, there's zero visibility," a diver said.

Caylee, 3, was last seen in mid-June but was not reported missing until mid-July. Casey Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's disappearance.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this development.

http://www.local6.com/news/17970866/detail.html

Thanks!!!

As for your question ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests.

You know how I ask all of you to read between the lines of some times cryptic posts? I would do the same here. Trust me this is not a normal thing to request. Imagine them asking Tim Miller to take one. This should probably make us wonder why they feel the need to do this. Wonder if he will ever be subpoenaed as well in regards to this case when it goes to court?

It certainly is not normal for the LE to ask for this.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1462 on: November 14, 2008, 09:07:58 PM »

As I pray for Justice for Caylee, I also pray Tim that surrounds himself with true friends.  The man who gives so much to so many - deserves to get at least that back!!

Please remember Tim in your prayers!!
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1463 on: November 14, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT SUPPORTING/DEFENDING PADILLA. -- However, I'm not confident any area is really "cleared".

IMO, you shouldn't have to defend yourself either way.

And I agree with you about areas being cleared.. I think "not so much".

I agree with both of you but I would add that I have more confidence in the first search than this past weekend..

ialandmonkey had a great name for what happened this past weekend but I can't repeat it here 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1464 on: November 14, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »

As far as the DP goes, IMHO, I hope she doesnt get it...

Someone like CAsey, with her narcissistic , selfish, sociopathic personality would be punished far greater by being locked up for the next 80 years....

Death would be too easy...5 minutes, and its done...with life, she will have to live daily in prison....locked up..not free to do crap....and with a person like her, thats punishment enough...Death would be too good....

I hope she gets life...and i hope she lives to be 125.....LOL

The only problem ... "rotting in jail for the rest of her life" is not a given.

As long as Casey Anthony is afforded life ... she has the hope that she will be pardoned and set free ... a hope that Caylee does not have.

Therefore ... a life sentence for a first degree murder implies the scales of justice are not balanced.

Janet

+++++++

Child-killer's parole reopens family's 28-year-old wounds
Canwest News Service
Published: Thursday, November 06, 2008

PRINCE ALBERT, Sask. -- A Calgary child-killer and rapist was granted day parole for six months yesterday as his victim's family wept.

After a three-hour National Parole Board hearing, Harold David Smeltzer was told he will serve the time at a halfway house in Regina.

In 1981, Smeltzer was convicted of first-degree murder in the killing of five-year-old Kimberley Thompson and the rapes of at least three women in southwest Calgary.

Evelyn Thompson hadn't faced her daughter's killer since his trial 28 years ago, but she attended yesterday's hearing and wept openly during the emotional proceedings.

"I want him to stay in prison. I don't want him to see the light of day. She doesn't get a second chance, why should he?" Thompson said afterward. "Life is life. Not 10 years, not 20, not 25."

Thompson and six members of her family travelled to Prince Albert to read victim-impact statements -- the family's first. Evelyn's son, Brad Thompson, said he was sickened by Smeltzer's lack of remorse.

"He barely even acknowledged his part in her death," he said. "He barely even referenced her. She's dead and he gets to walk."

Smeltzer was 24 when he snatched the young girl on her way to kindergarten in Calgary on Jan. 24, 1980. He drowned her in his parents' bathtub and stuffed her naked body into a garbage can a few blocks from her home. Her frozen body was found the next day.

The murder shocked the country and stumped police for five months. Smeltzer eluded capture although was living just blocks from his victim.

He was arrested after an 11-year-old rape victim recognized him when he was out walking.

© The Vancouver Province 2008

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=5b1d5914-e166-4569-8305-bc8105a71d0b&k=72734

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1465 on: November 14, 2008, 09:08:45 PM »

Janet~Could be they found out about his felony conviction ..........although I would think they would have already known that.

Wasn't that from 1978? That was 30 years ago. I'm not sure that it has any real bearing on him locating a missing child, or would/should necessarily lead one to jump to the conclusion he planted evidence.  Or am I missing something?

No, IIRC he served time in the 90's for that...30yrs ago someone was shot by one of his security guards. I'm NOT saying that is has any bearing, nor than it doesn't as we aren't privvy to all LE's info or their rational.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1466 on: November 14, 2008, 09:08:56 PM »

Please forgive me Klaas, I have never been this far O/T before:
But I just want everybody to keep an eye on their Avatar!!!!

LONDON (Reuters) - A British woman is divorcing her husband after discovering his online alter-ego was having an affair with a virtual woman in the fantasy world of Second Life, media reported on Friday.

Amy Taylor, 28, said her three-year marriage to David Pollard, 40, came to an end when she twice walked in on him watching his online character, Dave Barmy, having sex with other virtual women.

Second Life enables players to create online lives in which their virtual alter ego, or avatar, can socialize, develop relationships, buy property and set up businesses in an imagined world using the game's virtual currency.

The couple met in an internet chatroom in 2003 and married in real life and in a fantasy tropical setting in Second Life.

However, Taylor always had suspicions about Pollard's online loyalty. At one point she hired a virtual detective to test whether his avatar was cheating on her, after finding him at the computer watching his character having sex with a prostitute.

Pollard passed that honeytrap test but earlier this year Taylor found his character in a compromising position with another virtual woman.

"He confessed he'd been talking to this woman player in America for one or two weeks and said our marriage was over and he didn't love me any more," said Taylor, who filed for divorce the next day.

"The solicitor wasn't at all surprised -- she said it was her second divorce case involving Second Life that week."

No offense, but those people are stupid.  My husband and I met online, and have been married for 10 years.  No virtual dating, no virtual wedding, no virtual childbirth (twice). It's all been very real, thanks!!   

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Lisa39
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1467 on: November 14, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »

OMG  Tim is crying.  It's just too sad.

I am sorry if this makes anyone upset I have sat and read while everyone has been fighting over Tim and LP But to be onest with all of you monkeys which I respect and LOVE I think poor Tim has been crying since they had the BIG meeting at NJ night club Tim Has not been TIM!!!!!

Tim and Tes will bring you home Sweet One!!
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1468 on: November 14, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »

Janet~Could be they found out about his felony conviction ..........although I would think they would have already known that.

Wasn't that from 1978? That was 30 years ago. I'm not sure that it has any real bearing on him locating a missing child, or would/should necessarily lead one to jump to the conclusion he planted evidence.  Or am I missing something?

No, IIRC he served time in the 90's for that...30yrs ago someone was shot by one of his security guards. I'm NOT saying that is has any bearing, nor than it doesn't as we aren't privvy to all LE's info or their rational.

Too bad.. I'd love to find out just what they hell they're up to with this case. 

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1469 on: November 14, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »

I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT SUPPORTING/DEFENDING PADILLA. -- However, I'm not confident any area is really "cleared".

I agree with both of you but I would add that I have more confidence in the first search than this past weekend..

ialandmonkey had a great name for what happened this past weekend but I can't repeat it here 

Does it rhyme with "bluster muck"??   

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1470 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »

Could some one answer me this question?

Has Padilla actually taken the lie detector test and if so has there been any results?

Also some one needs to explain to me when LP is on Nancy Grace ever night how in the hell she has not asked him this very questions and whether he passed or not?

Seems like a simple yes or no answer.

Red ... Leonard Padilla was only requested yesterday to take a polygraph and ... he agreed.  According to this article ... the FBI will follow up at a later day.  However ... when I read the following article ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests

Think about it.  The Anthonys who have obviously obstructed the investigation time and time again by shielding their daughter from the consequences of her actions in regards to the happenings of June 16th ... were requested way back when to take a polygraph and ... never submitted.  When I read the following article ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests?

What "official" action is the sheriff's office doing to locate Caylee Marie's remains.  It appears that Tim Miller and Leonard Padilla are the only ones making that effort ... an effort that is dependent on volunteers and donations.

Janet
_________

Orange County Officials Ask Bounty Hunter To Take Lie-Detector Test
Girl Last Seen In Mid-June
POSTED: 8:14 am EST November 13, 2008
UPDATED: 4:40 pm EST November 13, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Divers searching for the remains of Caylee Anthony on Thursday said they discovered a garbage bag containing bones and toys in a river at an Orlando park, but Orange County authorities said the findings were not credible, causing them to request the bounty hunter who led the search to take a polygraph test.

A team from Blackwater Divers led by celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla conducted the search in the Little Econ River at Blanchard Park in Orlando.

But Orange County sheriff's officials said the findings were not bones and the discovery was not connected to the case.

"Early on the afternoon of Nov. 13, 2008, divers associated with an independent search for Caylee Anthony reported the recovery of what they believed were bone fragments and other items related to the missing toddler from the Little Econ River on Jay Blanchard Park in east Orange County. Investigators assigned to the investigation into the disappearance of Caylee responded to the park and determined that the recovered items are not associated with the case.

The sheriff's office remains focused on the primary mission at hand, which is to locate Caylee Anthony and continues to follow up on all viable leads and tips that are deemed to be creditable in their ongoing investigation," the statement said.

Sheriff's officials said they have asked Padilla to take a polygraph test, to which the bounty hunter agreed. The FBI will conduct a polygraph test with Padilla at a later date, Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said.

"There's a couple of small toys in the bag. One of them is a clover-type shaped item -- green -- and we know that Casey was big on clover-shaped items. So I told them to shut it down and get the sheriff's office out here," Padilla said.

FBI agents inspected the items, Local 6 News reported.

"We came out here to find Caylee, but you don't want to find her," Padilla said while crying. "But that's the truth of the matter. We think we have."

Padilla said he has believed for a while that Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, left the girl's body at Blanchard Park.

"When the detectives talked to her, while she was trying to convince them (baby sitter) Zenaida (Gonzalez) took (Caylee) away at the Sawgrass Apartments, she also mentioned that she had also come out here to see -- that afternoon at 5 or 6 -- if possibly Zenaida was out here at the park because Zenaida used to bring the girl to the swings," Padilla said. "When we got into town and bailed her out, the day after she was out, she told me that Zenaida had taken (Caylee) away from her right here in front of the swings at Jay Blanchard Park."

Padilla said Casey Anthony mentioned the name Zenaida together with the park about eight times.

Caylee's grandmother, Cindy Anthony, said she was ignoring Padilla's efforts. She said if, and until, law enforcement officials comment on any finding, she was concentrating on finding Caylee alive.

Cindy Anthony said she received a tip earlier on Thursday of another possible Caylee sighting. She said a caller reported a sighting at a McDonald's in Coral Springs.

The search of the river was the second in four days. A two-man dive team organized by Padilla searched the same river on Monday but did not find anything. Padilla, who held a prayer vigil for Caylee at the park on Tuesday, had said that he would be leaving Orlando after the service.

"Nobody else is doing it. Everybody left town," said Padilla when asked why he decided to lead another search. "We're bringing up the remains. We feel confident that the remains are there."

"The water smells, there's alligators, there's snakes, there's zero visibility," a diver said.

Caylee, 3, was last seen in mid-June but was not reported missing until mid-July. Casey Anthony, 22, remains jailed on first-degree murder charges in her daughter's disappearance.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this development.

http://www.local6.com/news/17970866/detail.html

Thanks!!!

As for your question ... I cannot comprehend why Padilla is being requested to take a lie detector tests.

You know how I ask all of you to read between the lines of some times cryptic posts? I would do the same here. Trust me this is not a normal thing to request. Imagine them asking Tim Miller to take one. This should probably make us wonder why they feel the need to do this. Wonder if he will ever be subpoenaed as well in regards to this case when it goes to court?

It certainly is not normal for the LE to ask for this.

Red ... I believe that the defence is running the show and ... the Orlando "powers that be" are bowing.

I hope I am wrong.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1471 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »

I can~if I didn't here that at least daily at work, I'd think I was deaf..clusterf#ck, and that was in regards to all the infighting last night

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cuteascanbe
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1472 on: November 14, 2008, 09:15:26 PM »

As far as the DP goes, IMHO, I hope she doesnt get it...

Someone like CAsey, with her narcissistic , selfish, sociopathic personality would be punished far greater by being locked up for the next 80 years....

Death would be too easy...5 minutes, and its done...with life, she will have to live daily in prison....locked up..not free to do crap....and with a person like her, thats punishment enough...Death would be too good....

I hope she gets life...and i hope she lives to be 125.....LOL

The only problem ... "rotting in jail for the rest of her life" is not a given.

As long as Casey Anthony is afforded life ... she has the hope that she will be pardoned and set free ... a hope that Caylee does not have.

Therefore ... a life sentence for a first degree murder implies the scales of justice are not balanced.

Janet

+++++++

Child-killer's parole reopens family's 28-year-old wounds
Canwest News Service
Published: Thursday, November 06, 2008

PRINCE ALBERT, Sask. -- A Calgary child-killer and rapist was granted day parole for six months yesterday as his victim's family wept.

After a three-hour National Parole Board hearing, Harold David Smeltzer was told he will serve the time at a halfway house in Regina.

In 1981, Smeltzer was convicted of first-degree murder in the killing of five-year-old Kimberley Thompson and the rapes of at least three women in southwest Calgary.

Evelyn Thompson hadn't faced her daughter's killer since his trial 28 years ago, but she attended yesterday's hearing and wept openly during the emotional proceedings.

"I want him to stay in prison. I don't want him to see the light of day. She doesn't get a second chance, why should he?" Thompson said afterward. "Life is life. Not 10 years, not 20, not 25."

Thompson and six members of her family travelled to Prince Albert to read victim-impact statements -- the family's first. Evelyn's son, Brad Thompson, said he was sickened by Smeltzer's lack of remorse.

"He barely even acknowledged his part in her death," he said. "He barely even referenced her. She's dead and he gets to walk."

Smeltzer was 24 when he snatched the young girl on her way to kindergarten in Calgary on Jan. 24, 1980. He drowned her in his parents' bathtub and stuffed her naked body into a garbage can a few blocks from her home. Her frozen body was found the next day.

The murder shocked the country and stumped police for five months. Smeltzer eluded capture although was living just blocks from his victim.

He was arrested after an 11-year-old rape victim recognized him when he was out walking.

© The Vancouver Province 2008

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=5b1d5914-e166-4569-8305-bc8105a71d0b&k=72734
In Canada our sentencing and parole laws are very different. While we have a faster and higher conviction rate, our sentencing is something to be desired. Life rarely means life in Canada

Carmen
Orchidwmn
Monkey Junky Jr.

What is it? A cat? WTH is that?

« Reply #1473 on: November 14, 2008, 09:16:07 PM »

Anothermonkey, sorry, I just thought it was funny. My husband and I also met on the internet, and did not have any of the things you mentioned either, but I wondered if some of the really smart monkeys could be interested in a career as virtual detectives!
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1474 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:10 PM »

OK ... another question for the cage just for clarification.

The picture of the cross in the tree was taken during the Labor Day Search? Correct?

When did LP say he recognized it and compared it to pic he saw at Anthony's?

My question kinda is would not have this occurred a while ago and a potential diver search could have been quietly done long before TES came back in full?

Just trying to hammer down the exact time line of these events.

Thanks
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1475 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »

Janet, Maybe this is linked somehow to that conviction for tax evasion, read the article I c/p'd . Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

For Immediate Release
From the Desk of Tim Miller
Founder/Director
Texas EquuSearch

It has come to my attention that donations, intended for Texas EquuSearch (TES), have been solicited on websites other than the official TES websites (www.texasequusearch.org and www.pleasefindcaylee.com) .  These donations are being looked at and investigated at this time.

This is in no way a vendetta against any person, company or organization.  I am only concerned with protecting the integrity of the Texas EquuSearch organization and the many, many people who have supported our organization spiritually, emotionally and financially since our beginning.

At this time, I feel that we have a problem with donations which were made on a website created by another organization.  My concern is that all those who have donated through that website feel as though these monies went directly to TES.  The many who donated did so from their heart, for the search for Caylee, and with the intent of the money being sent to a non-profit organization, with full tax donation benefits.

Unfortunately, any donations that were directed to any account, other than Texas EquuSearch will not qualify for IRS tax deductions in accordance with rules associated with 501(c)3 organizations.  Those donations were deposited into an account other than a Texas EquuSearch owned account and were never forwarded to TES.  Because the account is not owned or registered to a 501(c)3 organization, monies contributed cannot be claimed on tax returns.  This may become very confusing when donors begin filing their taxes.

When people begin filing their tax returns, claiming donations which they believe went to Texas EquuSearch and which we  never received, TES will be audited.  We are asking for any and all donation receipts from any website or pay mechanism other than those on the TES websites noted above, be forwarded to me at tim.miller@texasequusearch.org so that we may attempt to eliminate any misunderstanding between us and our donors.

Again, this is not a vendetta against anyone or any organization.  Please stay focused on the mission at hand, which is ALL of our missing loved ones.  Always remember, “Lost is Not Alone”.

I am thanking you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Your friend,

Tim Miller
Founder/Director
Texas EquuSearch

[
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1476 on: November 14, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »

After much thought and soul searching I have decided that everyone in here needs some Prosac...get inline and don't jump ahead of anyone...I have plenty.   

This is a joke for those that didn't get it the first time.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1477 on: November 14, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

Thank you for showing us that.  Do you know what date that was issued?  Or have a link?  (Asking for link for future reference, not because I don't believe you, of course)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1478 on: November 14, 2008, 09:23:48 PM »

Janet, Maybe this is linked somehow to that conviction for tax evasion, read the article I c/p'd . Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

For Immediate Release
From the Desk of Tim Miller
Founder/Director
Texas EquuSearch

It has come to my attention that donations, intended for Texas EquuSearch (TES), have been solicited on websites other than the official TES websites (www.texasequusearch.org and www.pleasefindcaylee.com) .  These donations are being looked at and investigated at this time.

This is in no way a vendetta against any person, company or organization.  I am only concerned with protecting the integrity of the Texas EquuSearch organization and the many, many people who have supported our organization spiritually, emotionally and financially since our beginning.

At this time, I feel that we have a problem with donations which were made on a website created by another organization.  My concern is that all those who have donated through that website feel as though these monies went directly to TES.  The many who donated did so from their heart, for the search for Caylee, and with the intent of the money being sent to a non-profit organization, with full tax donation benefits.

Unfortunately, any donations that were directed to any account, other than Texas EquuSearch will not qualify for IRS tax deductions in accordance with rules associated with 501(c)3 organizations.  Those donations were deposited into an account other than a Texas EquuSearch owned account and were never forwarded to TES.  Because the account is not owned or registered to a 501(c)3 organization, monies contributed cannot be claimed on tax returns.  This may become very confusing when donors begin filing their taxes.

When people begin filing their tax returns, claiming donations which they believe went to Texas EquuSearch and which we  never received, TES will be audited.  We are asking for any and all donation receipts from any website or pay mechanism other than those on the TES websites noted above, be forwarded to me at tim.miller@texasequusearch.org so that we may attempt to eliminate any misunderstanding between us and our donors.

Again, this is not a vendetta against anyone or any organization.  Please stay focused on the mission at hand, which is ALL of our missing loved ones.  Always remember, “Lost is Not Alone”.

I am thanking you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Your friend,

Tim Miller
Founder/Director
Texas EquuSearch

Islandmonkey - did you receive this from Tim Miller or did you get it on another website.  If a website can you give us the link please?  We need be make sure it's really from Tim Miller.
dottie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1479 on: November 14, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »

O/T

Info is no up for those wanting to search with Texas Equusearch in N.C. this weekend.
http://www.texasequusearch.org/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.