April 26, 2024, 03:48:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #60  (Read 339183 times)
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #900 on: November 14, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »

One major concern that I have about this search: If LE does not "sanction" this search and something is found will it be admissable in court?  Could that be a loophole for Casey to get away with this by saying the evidence was corrupted???  Crazy scary...
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: November 14, 2008, 03:23:36 PM »

Of course I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure Murt was just asking for divers because LP needed them... whoever is doing the hiring or hosting of the event would be responsible for anybody getting hurt, not the person who put out the ad.. right? Or does the go-between (who may or may not even have "permission" to put out the request) also get in hot water? (We know Murt himself doesn't need divers).

Why did Cindy try to have it stopped? Because she was really that concerned about a media circus? Or because she doesn't want Caylee found? Unfortunately, I think it's more one than the other. 

Sorry I didn't make it clear....I meant volunteer divers for this search, not for mutt...I feel that LP probably doesn't have anything set up to protect himself in a case like this...but hell what do I know...he might.

Cindy loves the circus atmosphere...and circus atmosphere is not my words .....she loves the media attention when it is focused on HER...not when it is focused on Caylee or in fact Casey.... I do not believe the A's want Caylee's found...EVER
Cindy and George and Lee have all perpetuated the circus atmosphere. Nothing about this family (or this case) is "the norm" 

I agree...although I do have to shake my head that were are talking about norm in a murder case   What really makes my head spin is the similarities in Casey and Joran and in the Vandersloots and the Anthony's...both of the offspring are young murderers...with no remorse, no conscience, young people who have been committing illegal/criminal acts for years and their parents have been covering for them for years.....and are still doing covering for them..young people who laugh in the face of seasoned police officers, who seem to fear no one and nothing, who lie with such ease... .....it scares the bejesus outta me to realize there really are people like them in this world

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #902 on: November 14, 2008, 03:24:14 PM »

Please,can someone point me to where threads #58 & 59 are located?This is so confusing.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: November 14, 2008, 03:24:51 PM »

Did anyone mention that the beads on the cross necklace look like "dog bones?"  I wondered if it was for a loss of a pet????

COgal

It was mentioned here yesterday...but so far I haven't seen it mentioned anyplace else

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »

Another thought-after what happened yesterday-if they were to find anything today that was actual evidence, the defense would probably try all they could to have that evidence thrown out. They would probably say it wasn't handled properly, and use what happened the day before as an example. I could be almost sure that would happen. I don't know?

RIP Sweet Puppy
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #905 on: November 14, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/17980507/detail.html

Casey's Attorney Inspecting Her Car At Sheriff's Office
Friday, November 14, 2008 – updated: 1:14 pm EST November 14, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The Orange County Sheriff's Office is allowing Casey Anthony's attorney access Friday to her Pontiac Sunfire, the car investigators believe Caylee was inside and dead.

According to Jim Solomons with the sheriff's office, Jose Baez was at the sheriff's office Central Complex late Friday morning to meet with investigators and then examine the vehicle. The vehicle examination is not expected to begin until 3:00pm.

Baez had asked weeks ago to have access to the car for an inspection. He brought his own team of experts to the sheriff's office Friday.

Among the experts Baez is working with is Dr. Henry Lee, a nationally-known and self-proclaimed "legendary" forensic investigator. According to his website, Lee has "solved a murder without a body" and "assisted in the investigations of more than 6,000 cases, including war crimes in Bosnia and Croatia, the suicide of President Clinton's former White House attorney, Vince Foster, review of the JFK assassination, and the death of JonBennet Ramsey."

Baez had wanted to inspect the undercarriage of the car, the carpet that was in trunk and held a stain, the spare tire well, and tire cover, but they were removed to be tested by the FBI and are no longer in the car.

Eyewitness News has also learned that the car still smells of decomposition.

SEARCH RESUMES AS CONTROVERSY SWIRLS

A new search was underway Friday for the body of Caylee Anthony. Divers were back in the dark, murky, alligator-infested water in Blanchard Park (see map).

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is once again in charge as we waits to find out when he'll have to a take a lie detector test. He caused chaos Thursday when divers brought up a bag of toys and what they thought were bone fragments from the Little Econ River, but were not (images | video).

"There is nothing at the scene that is credible or of a significant find," said Captain Angelo Nieves of the Sheriff's Office on Thursday (watch full statement). "Nothing that was discovered has been retained by the Orange County Sheriff's Office."

It was a much calmer day Friday as the divers spent the morning underwater looking for anything of any significance. By noon, nothing had been found. As for Padilla, he spent the morning taking pictures with spectators and making appearances on national TV.

Friday's search marked Little Econ River search day number three and Padilla's dive team was back at it. The so-called "serious" search area was sectioned off by rope, left over sheriff's tape and a string of post office packaging tape.

"I'm a spectator when these guys are in the water. I don't even know how to swim," Padilla said Friday.

The divers in the water Friday are the same volunteers from the Orlando-based Blackwater Divers who searched Thursday. They claim to be able to find small items in murky conditions.

However, what they dragged out of the water Thursday turned out to be nothing. The sheriff's office wasn't amused, but Padilla isn't stopping his search for Caylee Anthony's remains.

"There's a lot of times you step on people's toes and people think you are interfering," Padilla said.

The FBI is asking Padilla to take a lie detector test.

Spyder Dalton works with Padilla and is a certified diver. He says looking for anything in the alligator-infested river is difficult.

"We had a diver that went in yesterday that had to go to the emergency room because something crawled into his ear and got a really bad infection out of it," Dalton said.

Some people say Padilla is creating a circus show in Blanchard Park, however the bounty hunter insists he's doing it for one reason, to find Caylee.

"If I made the decision to leave right now, it would probably be Sunday or Monday," Padilla said Friday. "Because the tickets are cheaper."

Padilla could pull out and head home as early as Sunday, but the Blackwater Divers said they are committed to the search and could continue with it even if Padilla leaves.

FOCUS TURNS TO PADILLA

After the FBI and sheriff's detectives looked over the find, their attention turned to Padilla.

"Mr. Padilla has been requested to take part in a polygraph that will be conducted by the FBI. We believe it is an important thing to do," Nieves said.

"It's meaningless, I have no problem with a lie detector test," Padilla told Eyewiness News (watch full interview).

Nieves also commented on Padilla's decision to inform media of the discovery before informing deputies.

"Law enforcement should have been the first call regarding this find, not the media," Nieves said.

Eyewitness News also talked with the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony, Mark Nejame, who has been critic of Padilla's role in the search.

"I would speculate that they have some questions about the integrity of the items that were found," Nejame said.

Nejame added that he is not surprised that Padilla has been asked to take a polygraph test. He said that is reason enough to doubt his motives.

Wow. First Kobe, now Dr. Lee. Hummm. I really respect Dr. Lee. Should we worry about this?

DR. Lee~well, he has a trail behind him that he is not always , hmmmm-credible. In the Phil Spector trial, he was supposed to testify for the defense and they had an "out of jury" hearing because it was determined he had secreted (hidden) evidence, and so the judeg  had enough people come in and testify that they had seen him witht the object (fingernail) that was missing and he so he was determined to "not be credible". The judge allowed him to testify~yet the defense never called him due to the fact that the prosecution could cross-examine him on these findings. Although to me te case with Lee that disturbed me the most was his defense of Michael Peterson (double murderer) in Durham, N.C. Micheal told LE that his wife fell down the stairs and that's why there was soooo much blood, even on the ceiling, also there was wet blood on top of dried blood when LE arrived. Dr. Lee testified that there was "too much blood to be  a homicide", WTF???   That case and forensic was another 3 ring circus.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:12 PM »

Please,can someone point me to where threads #58 & 59 are located?This is so confusing.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?board=42.0

Missing Persons - High Profile - Archives
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:27:43 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #907 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:06 PM »

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: November 14, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »

JodyO stated:
Do the quotes from Nejame about Padilla being asked to take a polygraph remind anyone else of the quote from former Democrat Speaker of the House, Tom Foley, in regard to George Bush, the Elder, purporting his having taken a trip to Iran just before Reagan was elected to arrange to have the hostages released? I can only paraphrase the quote which was something to the effect that evidence was not needed to investigate, but rather the seriousness of the charges warranted an investigation. Of course the charges were coming from Foley and the Democrats!

I agree with Red's post that all this on-the-spot webcasting of the search by Murt will lead to all news of future searches, etc., being filtered through the MSM and will be detrimental to the free flow of information to the public who will receive ONLY what the authorities choose for us to know.

Good thought. Scary thought.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #909 on: November 14, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »

Islandmonkey, I am very familiar with Dr. Lee on both cases. I watched the entire Phil Spector trial, and frankly I was shocked to see him involved with this case. All very interesting, watching how this plays out. 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #910 on: November 14, 2008, 03:29:52 PM »

I have to say this!!   I love and respect Tim Miller and TES!!  I too would beg for their help.  However, the organization has grown and within any organization, problems occur and problems are solved.

That being said - I feel bad for Tim, to be honest! He has helped so many and have suffered his own unimaginable pain.  He is a human being with an enormous amount of pressure put on him. That amount of pressure, at times, can be very destructive!

I hope and pray that we all stand behind Tim no matter what even if means taking some time off for himself and excepting the possibilty he may not be invincible!!

If I post more about the search, it would be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Anyway, it would not be F-A-C-T - it would just be my opinion!! 
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #911 on: November 14, 2008, 03:30:13 PM »

Missing Persons - High Profile - Archives
Thanks little Bee  

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: November 14, 2008, 03:31:25 PM »

Wow. First Kobe, now Dr. Lee. Hummm. I really respect Dr. Lee. Should we worry about this?

DR. Lee~well, he has a trail behind him that he is not always , hmmmm-credible. In the Phil Spector trial, he was supposed to testify for the defense and they had an "out of jury" hearing because it was determined he had secreted (hidden) evidence, and so the judeg  had enough people come in and testify that they had seen him witht the object (fingernail) that was missing and he so he was determined to "not be credible". The judge allowed him to testify~yet the defense never called him due to the fact that the prosecution could cross-examine him on these findings. Although to me te case with Lee that disturbed me the most was his defense of Michael Peterson (double murderer) in Durham, N.C. Micheal told LE that his wife fell down the stairs and that's why there was soooo much blood, even on the ceiling, also there was wet blood on top of dried blood when LE arrived. Dr. Lee testified that there was "too much blood to be  a homicide", WTF???   That case and forensic was another 3 ring circus.

Thank you, Islandmonkey. I was not aware of these particular cases. That is disturbing.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #913 on: November 14, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »

I think you all might be jumping to the WRONG conclusions here. JMO.  Murt is on scene, asking people- passing along a message- for donations of food, water, ice, gatorade, etc..  not everybody can go there and donate, obviously.  And not everbody has $20 or more to donate..  paypal accounts are free to create. You link them to a bank account, and you can easily send people money.  What better way to send them money for food and water, then to send it to somebody ON SCENE?  He can go get the stuff, or have somebody else get it, then transfer the money from paypal into his bank account so he can reimburse whoever bought the stuff.  People did this exact same thing when TES was searching.   

I can't believe this- IMO it sure seems like you're automatically assuming he is creating a paypal account for donations for himself. 

See, that's what I don't get. A lot here kvetch about Murt, but they're all watching him and commenting on his presentation. If we all stopped watching, maybe he'd stop broadcasting. (I personally don't care either way if he shows or not).

And, as long as I have the podium, I'd like something cleared up. Is it board policy that no posts that are less than flattering to TES, and that are flattering to LP will be allowed? That is the feeling I get.

Really?  Then you certainly haven't read the posts the last couple days.
Ok I have been quiet for a pretty long time on this subject, but today I thought that the "bickering" would have subsided and people would have realized the reasonings behind some of the moderation being done.

The "truth" that some posters "have to tell" is just THEIR account of what THEY saw.  How in the world is ONE person, or TWO people for that matter, going to be able to know every single last possible detail of an entire day filled with over 1500+ people when viewing just what they can see within their own area of vision?  So technically it would not be "the truth", but rather a "personal account of a situation after review" in ONES OWN TERMS. 

SM is a very respected board, for this very reason.  They post the facts, F-A-C-T-S, which is why so many other boards come here to read and take it back to their boards.  Why on Earth would Red or Klaas want the blame to fall on US for allowing FALSE TRUTH or "MISREPRESENTED" TRUTHS to be posted here under the terms of "TRUTH"?  Why ruin a long standing reputation?

They have, IMO, been very lenient and aloud a LOT of crap to be posted over the past week.  Including stuff from Murt, who I personally think has a good heart, just does not know when to shut up and turn the dang camera off.  He has caused A LOT of problems, and made a lot of problems for himself.  (Not to mention for Dakota as well)

So I am done ranting now, but please just remember that everyone sees things differently and interprets them differently, and putting ones own interpretation to a board can not be considered truth unless both sides are FULLY and FACTUALLY represented.

Scared Monkeys is watched from all over the world because they present so many facts.  That's why I respect this site so much. 

Murt is not like this board.  He's just the "new thing" out there with streaming video and a chat full of people who are interested in what's going on but also just chatting with each other.  That's not the same thing as Scared Monkeys.  The two should not be compared.  IMO we should not try to make Murt fit Scared Monkeys fame not should we belittle him for not being the same.

Scared Monkeys is A+, Top of the Heap, Best of the Best, One of a Kind, whatever wonderful saying you come up with.

Scared Monkeys, Tim, LP, Murt, all are different.  They can't fit into the same mold because they're all different.  We come to Scared Monkeys because we trust it, we follow Tim because of his great record of finding missing people, we follow LP because he's bold and not afraid, we follow Murt because as human beings we're curious.  See.....they're all different....not bad IMO...but different and bring different things to the table and keep our interests peaked...by nature they cannot fit into the same mold; and, even if they did, then they would all be alike and it would become boring.  Sadly, probably as such, there would be a lot less gained in the search for truth.  IMOO.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: November 14, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

Another thought-after what happened yesterday-if they were to find anything today that was actual evidence, the defense would probably try all they could to have that evidence thrown out. They would probably say it wasn't handled properly, and use what happened the day before as an example. I could be almost sure that would happen. I don't know?

I think you are correct in this and that there was no procedure even in place for handling the trash that was found.

I also think that when they use those dredging bags, things get caught in them that may not have even been originally together in the water.

But any defense attorney would be very quick to point out that this was evidence from a search not sanctioned by OCSO.  I do wonder if they have conducted their own searches while the "media" was focused on all the hoopla.  Either that or they are convinced that Caylee is no longer recoverable which may well be the case given the wildlife in the area. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #915 on: November 14, 2008, 03:32:01 PM »

I think some seem to lose sight of the fact that this forum is privately owned and it an attachment to Red's Front Page.  We post here as his guests only. 

He pays the bills in bad and slow times as well as the good.  In  the past this has been appreciated and tremendous weight and respect given to his posts and opinions.

The last few days have proven that all are allowed to state their opinions but now it seems some also feel entitled to their own "facts" as well.  We have been called gangs and cliques and yet no one was removed for doing so but the accusations continue again today. 

The current search is being conducted in a disgraceful manner and is sure to hamper jury selection so don't be surprised when this later comes into play and with consequences you may not like too well.  You asked for it.  This is giving all search and rescue a black eye because of trivializing the search for this child's remains.  And so far for a big fat nothing!

?? I asked for a search... Lenny is the only person willing to continue doing one. TES has pulled out, LE has no searches going on that I'm aware of ? The only other search is with the Anthony's, where do we start?

I acknowledge the carnival atmosphere the media has created at LP search.. what I don't understand is why the local LE isn't helping or at least overseeing this. I would think that they would want the waters cleared there..then we know where she's not or maybe she is.

Lenny could walk down the road to Disney World and get all the media attention he wants, so I don't believe that is his reason for doing this.. I am very grateful he is there and the divers are making this extremely dangerous search, If she's not there, let's hit the next target, I just hope Lenny is willing to continue as no one else with alot of financial resources, seems to be... (this is not to undermine the individuals who also have tried to look on there own, wish I could search with you)

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #916 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33:10 PM »

I have to say this!!   I love and respect Tim Miller and TES!!  I too would beg for their help.  However, the organization has grown and within any organization, problems occur and problems are solved.

That being said - I feel bad for Tim, to be honest! He has helped so many and have suffered his own unimaginable pain.  He is a human being with an enormous amount of pressure put on him. That amount of pressure, at times, can be very destructive!

I hope and pray that we all stand behind Tim no matter what even if means taking some time off for himself and excepting the possibilty he may not be invincible!!

If I post more about the search, it would be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Anyway, it would not be F-A-C-T - it would just be my opinion!! 
Well, whether you choose to say more or not, I appreciate your searching, and what you shared with us.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #917 on: November 14, 2008, 03:33:54 PM »

They are not to either , Have we all forgot evidence that was released and GJ Indictment ... I cannot believe someone has not shut CA up . This is what makes me sick about the whole case . She is gone , Casey did it , so let this 3 ring circus of media get listening to her yapp her mouth about sighting. Can someone please ask GA if someone come down from the mothership and make him make them statments to LE......Like my hubby said last night when I was filling him in with updates . That GA being an excop knows , there is no dening it , and if he thinks he can sit there on national tv and try to convince anyone that she is still with us .. He is doing it to protect his family .. My husband was a sherrif for 10 years and he says the public is not being let in on alot of things , that protects the integrity of the case .... If she is in jail that is exactly where she will stay , they do not want to loose this case do to the circus . Then he ask me if I could remove the lap top from my hands long enough to buy groceries he is out of tv dinners and pot pies ......

They are not going to either. Sorry typing to fast  sorry someone please edit post for me

I really believe they have a lot of forensics and physical evidence that we haven't a clue about....I think GA's testimony and that of others will be damning....I know sometimes I doubt...but mostly I do trust they would not have brought the case to the GJ if they were not extremely confident in their case.

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: November 14, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

In the Missing Persons - High Profile forum (where this and other sub forums are) there is an ARCHIVE area:

invision
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:32 PM »

If the Anthony's had no intention of continuing their contribution to this "circus" why would they "pimp" themselves out via a KFN "Meet and Greet" as though they have obtained "celebrity status" in the name of their Missing Grandbaby ....

This is NOTHING MORE then to counter LP's "antics" (as some would call them) and direct the focus back on them and their search for a "live" Caylee ....

IMO they are just as guilty of perpetrating a publicity stunt ... for their own reasons ....

IMO THEY have wavered from the focus of finding Caylee as to create reasonable doubt for Casey's defense ....

And "we" expect the media/public, who stand for the truth (for Caylees honor) not to react or respond to their actions?  Not gonna happen ....

I will no longer support lies and "mistruths", nor make excuses for people that do ... If I do, I am no better than Cindy Anthony .... I will continue to fight for the TRUTH for Caylee Marie ...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.