April 26, 2024, 12:59:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #60  (Read 339147 times)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #920 on: November 14, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »

Wow. First Kobe, now Dr. Lee. Hummm. I really respect Dr. Lee. Should we worry about this?

I am worried about Dr Lee.   

Don't be: read up on some of his cases. This one in particular

http://www.peterson-staircase.com/too_much_blood.html

Along with pools of blood on the floor and lower steps, defense expert, Dr. Henry Lee testified his client's hallway also contained an astounding amount of blood spatter -- estimating there were 10,000 blood drops.

Having been paid a pretty penny for his thoughts, Lee told Michael's jury the scene was so bloody, it was beyond what he would expect to find -- even after a brutal beating.

The scientist's traumatic words had a blunt force: "Too much blood for a beating."

Of course, if there was too much blood for a murder, there was surely too much blood for an accident.

Not unlike Mr. Lestrade's response -- when Dr. Lee was asked what event would result in a scene bloodier than that of a beating, he shrugged and said it was a mystery.

The mysterious incident becomes clear when the crime scene evidence is viewed as a whole. In Lee's word's "You have to look at the totality."

Bearing in mind the blood-soaked soles of Kathleen Peterson's feet and the wet blood spatter on top of dried spatter, it's reasonable to conclude that after Michael beat his wife and left her to die, she was able to revive herself. She struggled to her feet and probably surprised Michael, who panicked and beat his wife again -- mercilessly.

5,000 blood drops became 10,000 as Michael poked, punched, kicked and choked his "soulmate."

Afterward -- most likely realizing there was far, far too much blood for a clumsy slip down the stairs -- Peterson tried to clean away some of the blood with towels. The useless endeavor was abandoned. Time was becoming an issue, but calling 9-1-1 had to be delayed until the scene was arranged. He spent an hour hiding items, preparing fake props, re-positioning his wife's corpse, and -- among other odd things -- removing his shoes and socks.

And this one: 

Judge in Spector trial rules defense expert Dr. Henry Lee hid or destroyed evidence

Judge Fidler said he believed Dr. Henry Lee (pictured) had lied under oath.

FULL COVERAGE
Phil Spector Murder Case

BLOG

Behind the scenes
PHOTOS
The mistrial
The trial in quotes
Case in pictures
See the evidence
VIDEO CLIPS
Update from Beth Karas
Judge polls jury over instruction confusion
Special report: The Phil Spector case
Prosecution opening: 'The real Phillip Spector'
Defense opening: Police 'had murder on their mind'
Full list of video highlights

Watch the trial

By Harriet Ryan
Court TV
LOS ANGELES — The judge in the Phil Spector murder trial said Wednesday that he had concluded Dr. Henry Lee, a defense expert and one of the country's most famous forensic scientists, hid or destroyed a piece of evidence from the scene of an actress's shooting.

Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Larry Fidler said Spector's defense can still call Lee as a witness, but prosecutors will be permitted to present evidence to the jury that Lee found potentially important evidence and failed to turn it over to the prosecution as the law requires. (VIDEO)

Prosecutors claim the small white object is a piece of a fake fingernail belonging to the alleged victim, Lana Clarkson, and that if it is found, it could firmly establish that she did not commit suicide, as the defense alleged.

In his ruling, the judge said he could not say it was a fingernail, but "it was the size of a fingernail."

Fidler's decision was the culmination of six days of hearings in which a half-dozen former and current members of Spector's defense team, including Lee, testified about a search of Spector's mansion conducted after a sheriff's department crime scene unit had collected evidence from the Feb. 3, 2003, shooting.

Story continues

In his ruling, Fidler indicated that he believed Lee had lied under oath. He specifically cited the conflict between Lee's testimony that he had never collected the item in question and the account of a former defense attorney, Sara Caplan, who said she saw him place such an object in a clear vial.

The judge acknowledged that Lee was a "world-renowned expert," but said he found Caplan "very credible."

"If I have to choose between the two, I am going to choose Ms. Caplan, is more credible than Dr. Lee," he said, adding, "Dr. Lee has a lot to lose if this turns out to be true."

Outside the courtroom, a lawyer for Spector, Christopher Plourd, said the defense plans to put Lee on the stand.

"The jury can hear about that," he said, referring to the piece of evidence.

Lee, the chief emeritus of the Connecticut State Police, is a critically important witness for Spector. He was hired by Spector's defense the day of the shooting as a private expert and is to testify that blood spatter on Spector's jacket indicate he was across the room from Clarkson when the gun went off.

Spector, 67, is charged with murdering the 40-year-old Clarkson and faces 15 years to life in prison if convicted.

During the hearing, the judge heard three different accounts of the recovery of a small piece of white evidence during the defense search Feb. 4, 2003.

A former law clerk for the defense said he saw Dr. Michael Baden, the pathologist, find what was identified as a tooth fragment. A private investigator said he saw Lee recover what seemed to be a fingernail fragment that was stained with blood and lead from a bullet. Caplan testified that she pointed out to Lee a flat, white object the size of her fingernail, but did not see what became of it after he put it in a vial.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: November 14, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »

Murt online saying that Dennis Martin is directly employed by Mark NeJame and was talking with Murt with an open cell phone which Murt thinks is directly open to NeJames.

See....pot stirring....defense attorney!!

Now...WHY is Dennis Martin/Mark NeJames trying to impede the search so deliberately??

NeJames works FOR the Anthonys.  The Anthonys ARE behind this!!  IMO

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #922 on: November 14, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

OH NO!!!   

I'm several pages back reading. Please someone, TELL me that Dr. Henry Lee isn't working for the defense team..................Oh please somebody, say it isn't so!

We've got to get Dr. Baden to offer his services to LE, if it's true!

I'm terrified this is going to be OJ all over again!
Russ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #923 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:27 PM »

Murt online saying that Dennis Martin is directly employed by Mark NeJame and was talking with Murt with an open cell phone which Murt thinks is directly open to NeJames.

Now...WHY is Dennis Martin/Mark NeJames trying to impede the search so deliberately??

Murt should have never gave him any information.  I watched the exchanging go on and it was clear the guy was holding his phone out so someone could hear and Murt was answering all the questions.

Of course a lawyer would impede anything he can to help his client.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #924 on: November 14, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »

Do we know this for a fact or are we simply going on Murt's word.  I've been listening to Murt and he sounds like he's making alot of assumptions.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:02 PM »

Hey-young monkey here (only 21 posts!) this makes 22 now. I just think this whole case has become something else than what it's supposed to be-A missing little girl that needs to be found-one way or the other. There are so many sides to this story now, different personalities, who believes who, it just makes my head spin!

Can't LE be more involved, is their job done now, since there is going to be a trial? Have they ever really seached for her? It just seems like they have not, so people feel the need to do something. I just don't really understand it. I don't feel satisfied that they don't have more evidence, why wouldn't they try harder to find her body? I hope they have a lot more evidence then we know, because I worry she won't get convicted based and the facts as we know them. 

This whole case just doesn't seem right? I feel like a dumb naive monkey, but I don't get it sometimes!

O/T

Peace Monkey - you're avatar is so cute!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #926 on: November 14, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

I have no doubt the Anthony's are behind this.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: November 14, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

I have to say this!!   I love and respect Tim Miller and TES!!  I too would beg for their help.  However, the organization has grown and within any organization, problems occur and problems are solved.

That being said - I feel bad for Tim, to be honest! He has helped so many and have suffered his own unimaginable pain.  He is a human being with an enormous amount of pressure put on him. That amount of pressure, at times, can be very destructive!

I hope and pray that we all stand behind Tim no matter what even if means taking some time off for himself and excepting the possibilty he may not be invincible!!

If I post more about the search, it would be a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Anyway, it would not be F-A-C-T - it would just be my opinion!! 

Bless your heart.....don't feel pressured...not by someone else or by yourself...I think we have all got it that your experience was not a good one....and I know you do not hold TIM personally responsible..TES had a big umbrella in Orlando with a lot of people underneath it. It is obvious to me, from what I know,  there were some huge breakdowns in organization and execution of policies and procedures....I am really sorry you and other experienced that....and I am sorry it happened  now, here , ever...but as Red said earlier the only thing that can be done now is to learn from those breakdowns and work at fixing it....I would sincerely suggest that you email your experience to Erin @ TES....perhaps some personal experiences from people will help fix the breakdowns.  Your concern for his welfare touched me deeply....I feel the same way...I have a feeling when Tim's time comes...it will be when he is doing what is closest to his heart and soul....searching

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »

KCJackie The timeline invision found is not the important one. It has disappeared off the planet. We know that on that night She called her house around midnight which she never did and there was calls back and forth until 2 am. We also know from pings and texts that for the first time ever she contacted this Andy France guy for the first time after talking to her Dad/or whoever at the house. KC was in the area of Andy's house at 2Am and we think she met him and she/they traveled to the Aerospace/ Beechline ping site

Jackie Didn't she contact him again right before she went to jail and then again when she got out? seems like there was only 3 times of contact with this guy

I will look again - I do know that he called her (don't remember if they actually talked) right after Cindy brought her home on the 15th.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #929 on: November 14, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »

At today's search, someone's camera with a week's worth of pictures on it has just gotten stolen.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: November 14, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »

Somebody stole Spyder's evidence camera.

mstam656
Scared Monkey

« Reply #931 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/17980507/detail.html

"Baez had wanted to inspect the undercarriage of the car, the carpet that was in trunk and held a stain, the spare tire well, and tire cover, but they were removed to be tested by the FBI and are no longer in the car.

Eyewitness News has also learned that the car still smells of decomposition. "

I was so hoping the car still smells...let JB get a whiff of that!  I hope it was after he ate breakfast or lunch!!!!     
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »

At today's search, someone's camera with a week's worth of pictures on it has just gotten stolen.

Yeah, that was Spider - the guy with Leonard and Rob, the one with the long dark hair and beard.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #933 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:41 PM »

OH NO!!!   

I'm several pages back reading. Please someone, TELL me that Dr. Henry Lee isn't working for the defense team..................Oh please somebody, say it isn't so!

Oh no!  Where is that information.  Tell me that is not true!!
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: November 14, 2008, 03:50:57 PM »

Well being that Nejames is so interested on what is going on out there I would say.......LP is HOT on his search. Why would Nejames care what is going on out there if the A's say Caylee is Alive?
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #935 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:02 PM »

Somebody stole Spyder's evidence camera.
Really, I think he needs a hug!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #936 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »

OH NO!!!   

Dr. Lee was digraced so badly on national TV during that 6 month trial that decided to spend the bulk of the trial in China, easier to avoid the press and questions there.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #937 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:43 PM »

How precious!  Keep bumping this pic - please.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #938 on: November 14, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »

Why are we still discussing LP and Tim?  Did something new happen?  Let it go...people....let it go.  Please!!!!!!!!!

Don't make me get my pencils!  Rolling Eyes
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: November 14, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »

Hey-young monkey here (only 21 posts!) this makes 22 now. I just think this whole case has become something else than what it's supposed to be-A missing little girl that needs to be found-one way or the other. There are so many sides to this story now, different personalities, who believes who, it just makes my head spin!

Can't LE be more involved, is their job done now, since there is going to be a trial? Have they ever really seached for her? It just seems like they have not, so people feel the need to do something. I just don't really understand it. I don't feel satisfied that they don't have more evidence, why wouldn't they try harder to find her body? I hope they have a lot more evidence then we know, because I worry she won't get convicted based and the facts as we know them. 

This whole case just doesn't seem right? I feel like a dumb naive monkey, but I don't get it sometimes!

O/T

Peace Monkey - you're avatar is so cute!!

Awww... thanks Puzzler. He is cute! Looks kinda like a mug shot though! lol But a cute mugshot! BTW, I love Snoopy!

RIP Sweet Puppy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.