April 26, 2024, 10:30:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #60  (Read 339197 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #960 on: November 14, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-casey-anthony-car111408,0,4304861.story

(snipped)

Famed forensic expert inspecting evidence
12:59 p.m.

High-profile forensic expert Henry Lee is inspecting evidence from Casey Anthony's car right now. Lee, an expert for the defense, is in a forensic lab inside the garage near Anthony's car. He is inspecting carpet from the trunk and the tire cover, said Capt. Angelo Nieves, who said the horrible smell from the trunk is still present, Nieves said.

Jose Baez, Anthony's attorney, is standing nearby during the examination but is not participating.

The car will be moved into another garage bay by an Orange County Sheriff's crime scene technician.

Check back for updates.

Famed forensic expert accompanies defense team
11:45 a.m. Henry Lee, the forensic expert who gained fame during the 1994 case against O.J. Simpson, is at the Orange County Sheriff's Office with Casey Anthony's defense attorney, Jose Baez.

It is unclear what his role will be in the Anthony case.

Casey Anthony's defense team will be examining her car, which investigators said once held a decomposing body, for the first time this morning.

Attorney Jose Baez and a forensic expert are expected to arrive at the Orange County Sheriff's Office shortly.

Deputies believe Anthony's Pontiac Sunfire once held a decomposing body. Investigators found a suspicious stain in the trunk and a smell associated with rotting flesh. Tests also showed traces of chloroform.

Baez was given permission to examine the car after Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland granted a motion to allow him to have access to the vehicle and conduct his own tests.

Anthony's car has been stored in a garage at the sheriff's office since July when she was first arrested. Her mother, Cindy Anthony, told deputies the car smelled like there had been a dead body in the car.

Caylee Marie has been missing since June. Investigators think the toddler is no longer alive.

Anthony is facing a slew of charges, including first-degree murder

Wowsa!!  This is not good news for the prosecution.  This man may have had his tough times, but he is still one of the leading experts....I said leading experts in forensics.  They teach this stuff from his books.  He is about as heavy weight as you can get.  He did a masterful job for OJ.  Heck, there were times I actually believed him.  When OJ was happening, I worked with a medical technologist that had studied under Lee when he was in school. 

Lee is probably the one person that could convince a jury that human decomp was not in the trunk of Casey's car.  He doesn't refute evidence he redistributes the characteristics to fit his theories.  This will be interesting...I can't wait until trial.  He will have to take on Dr. Vass (I think that is his name) from the Oak Ridge National Laboratories.  This could be one of the best clinicals in presenting evidentiary forensic testing ever seen by the lay person. 
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #961 on: November 14, 2008, 04:07:37 PM »

Did anyone mention that the beads on the cross necklace look like "dog bones?"  I wondered if it was for a loss of a pet????

COgal

I don't think that person realized what they were seeing. They're called tri-beads. If you're only seeing part of a bead, you might get the impression they look like dog bones. But they look more like weird triangles.  They're frequently used in crafting.. moreso I think in kids craft kits.

Isn't it odd that someone obviously came forward and identified the other cross that was left in the park as a memorial to someone but no one has obviously come forward about this one?  I would think someone would recognize it as being a child's craft project, etc. and say, "Hey, my son did that and we left it in the park, etc." 

And the more I look at it, I first thought that the cross was kind of uneven, etc. but the more I look, it looks like the cut marks in the foam (or whatever it is) appears even but the cross looks wrapped in something that has begun to come undone on the right side, making it look uneven.  JMO

It does look like it could be coming apart making it look uneven.......
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #962 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:15 PM »

OH NO!!!   

I'm several pages back reading. Please someone, TELL me that Dr. Henry Lee isn't working for the defense team..................Oh please somebody, say it isn't so!

We've got to get Dr. Baden to offer his services to LE, if it's true!

I'm terrified this is going to be OJ all over again!

OH, NO NO NO NO, PLEASE NO!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #963 on: November 14, 2008, 04:08:33 PM »

Dr. Henry Lee does not come cheap.  Baez must be extremely wealthy to be able to afford him. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #964 on: November 14, 2008, 04:09:32 PM »

Dr. Henry Lee does not come cheap.  Baez must be extremely wealthy to be able to afford him. 
My thoughts exactly.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #965 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:18 PM »

Wow. First Kobe, now Dr. Lee. Hummm. I really respect Dr. Lee. Should we worry about this?

I am worried about Dr Lee.   

Don't be: read up on some of his cases. This one in particular

http://www.peterson-staircase.com/too_much_blood.html
SNIPPED

A former law clerk for the defense said he saw Dr. Michael Baden, the pathologist, find what was identified as a tooth fragment. A private investigator said he saw Lee recover what seemed to be a fingernail fragment that was stained with blood and lead from a bullet. Caplan testified that she pointed out to Lee a flat, white object the size of her fingernail, but did not see what became of it after he put it in a vial.

thank you so much...I remember something vague about all this....but was certainly not willing to say anything with just that vague thought!!!

I was laid off from my job right when this case started and so I watched the whole d@mn trial almost and was appalled at the so called "expert witnesses" that sold their soul. I contacted a expert in Gainesville, FL and poised several of my questions to him and what e gave me on these "experts" blew my mind!! I knew about some of them, but not all.......look at the picure i'm posting from the Michael Peterson case and tell me just how Lee determined it was "too much blood for a beating, and must have been an accident".......PLZZZZZZ???

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg246/chrysti756/703.jpg
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:43:25 PM by klaasend » Logged

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #966 on: November 14, 2008, 04:10:24 PM »

Movie deals and such after it's over is pretty much a guarantee.  I
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #967 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

How is an expert going to explain away 30 days without a call to police after "the child" went missing? 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #968 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:31 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/17980507/detail.html

Casey's Attorney Inspecting Her Car At Sheriff's Office
Friday, November 14, 2008 – updated: 1:14 pm EST November 14, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The Orange County Sheriff's Office is allowing Casey Anthony's attorney access Friday to her Pontiac Sunfire, the car investigators believe Caylee was inside and dead.

According to Jim Solomons with the sheriff's office, Jose Baez was at the sheriff's office Central Complex late Friday morning to meet with investigators and then examine the vehicle. The vehicle examination is not expected to begin until 3:00pm.

Baez had asked weeks ago to have access to the car for an inspection. He brought his own team of experts to the sheriff's office Friday.

Among the experts Baez is working with is Dr. Henry Lee, a nationally-known and self-proclaimed "legendary" forensic investigator. According to his website, Lee has "solved a murder without a body" and "assisted in the investigations of more than 6,000 cases, including war crimes in Bosnia and Croatia, the suicide of President Clinton's former White House attorney, Vince Foster, review of the JFK assassination, and the death of JonBennet Ramsey."

Baez had wanted to inspect the undercarriage of the car, the carpet that was in trunk and held a stain, the spare tire well, and tire cover, but they were removed to be tested by the FBI and are no longer in the car.

Eyewitness News has also learned that the car still smells of decomposition.

SEARCH RESUMES AS CONTROVERSY SWIRLS

A new search was underway Friday for the body of Caylee Anthony. Divers were back in the dark, murky, alligator-infested water in Blanchard Park (see map).

Bounty hunter Leonard Padilla is once again in charge as we waits to find out when he'll have to a take a lie detector test. He caused chaos Thursday when divers brought up a bag of toys and what they thought were bone fragments from the Little Econ River, but were not (images | video).

"There is nothing at the scene that is credible or of a significant find," said Captain Angelo Nieves of the Sheriff's Office on Thursday (watch full statement). "Nothing that was discovered has been retained by the Orange County Sheriff's Office."

It was a much calmer day Friday as the divers spent the morning underwater looking for anything of any significance. By noon, nothing had been found. As for Padilla, he spent the morning taking pictures with spectators and making appearances on national TV.

Friday's search marked Little Econ River search day number three and Padilla's dive team was back at it. The so-called "serious" search area was sectioned off by rope, left over sheriff's tape and a string of post office packaging tape.

"I'm a spectator when these guys are in the water. I don't even know how to swim," Padilla said Friday.

The divers in the water Friday are the same volunteers from the Orlando-based Blackwater Divers who searched Thursday. They claim to be able to find small items in murky conditions.

However, what they dragged out of the water Thursday turned out to be nothing. The sheriff's office wasn't amused, but Padilla isn't stopping his search for Caylee Anthony's remains.

"There's a lot of times you step on people's toes and people think you are interfering," Padilla said.

The FBI is asking Padilla to take a lie detector test.

Spyder Dalton works with Padilla and is a certified diver. He says looking for anything in the alligator-infested river is difficult.

"We had a diver that went in yesterday that had to go to the emergency room because something crawled into his ear and got a really bad infection out of it," Dalton said.

Some people say Padilla is creating a circus show in Blanchard Park, however the bounty hunter insists he's doing it for one reason, to find Caylee.

"If I made the decision to leave right now, it would probably be Sunday or Monday," Padilla said Friday. "Because the tickets are cheaper."

Padilla could pull out and head home as early as Sunday, but the Blackwater Divers said they are committed to the search and could continue with it even if Padilla leaves.

FOCUS TURNS TO PADILLA

After the FBI and sheriff's detectives looked over the find, their attention turned to Padilla.

"Mr. Padilla has been requested to take part in a polygraph that will be conducted by the FBI. We believe it is an important thing to do," Nieves said.

"It's meaningless, I have no problem with a lie detector test," Padilla told Eyewiness News (watch full interview).

Nieves also commented on Padilla's decision to inform media of the discovery before informing deputies.

"Law enforcement should have been the first call regarding this find, not the media," Nieves said.

Eyewitness News also talked with the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony, Mark Nejame, who has been critic of Padilla's role in the search.

"I would speculate that they have some questions about the integrity of the items that were found," Nejame said.

Nejame added that he is not surprised that Padilla has been asked to take a polygraph test. He said that is reason enough to doubt his motives.

What happened to Larry Kobilinski?  Kobilinski's words on Nancy Grace were not bias until he was retained by Jose Baez.

It will be interesting to hear Dr. Lee's take on the forensic findings regarding DNA anaylysis on the hair strands as well as body decomposition found inside the trunk of Casey Anthony's vehicle.

Janet

NANCY GRACE
Casey`s On-Line Searches for Chloroform Recipes
Aired October 22, 2008 - 20:00:00   ET

LARRY KOBILINSKY, FORENSIC SCIENTIST: Well, first of all, Nancy, in one of our prior interviews, I had mentioned that you can combine bleach and alcohol and inadvertently manufacture chloroform. What we really don`t know are the levels of chloroform. We are hearing trace amounts...

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, right there! Right there! BS-o-meter is going off. How do you inadvertently mix bleach with acetone, Koby? Have you done that by accident?

KOBILINSKY: I said bleach and alcohol -- beer, wine, liquor.

GRACE: And how would you accidentally do that?

KOBILINSKY: Oh, very simple. You could have a spill...

GRACE: Really? Have you ever done it by accident?

KOBILINSKY: I don`t know. I hope -- I don`t think so. But it`s possible.

<snipped>

GRACE: Well, and also the fact that cadaver dogs were hitting in the backyard of the Anthony home where there is an above-ground pool. Remember that?

KOBILINSKY: I do. But we really aren`t convinced that decomposition is human origin.

GRACE: Oh, so you don`t trust the dog. You think the dog is in on the conspiracy.

KOBILINSKY: Quite possibly. Dog might have found a friend, some kind of scent that turned it on.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0810/22/ng.01.html

Lala's! Here's the quote about Dr. Henry Lee! I'm so upset!!!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #969 on: November 14, 2008, 04:11:55 PM »

Islandmonkey - I remember that! 
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #970 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

Movie deals and such after it's over is pretty much a guarantee.  I

This is Henry Lee...he's a scientific minded person...he would demand cash not revenue from a movie deal...etc.  Lee would be paid before the trial to keep it on the up and up. A good prosecutor would ask this question in some manner. He will be a PAID professional...mark my word.
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: November 14, 2008, 04:12:39 PM »

Somebody stole Spyder's evidence camera.
Really, I think he needs a hug!!!
Way to be supportive!
Where is the cowboy...Martin?
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #972 on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

Murt online saying that Dennis Martin is directly employed by Mark NeJame and was talking with Murt with an open cell phone which Murt thinks is directly open to NeJames.

See....pot stirring....defense attorney!!

Now...WHY is Dennis Martin/Mark NeJames trying to impede the search so deliberately??

NeJames works FOR the Anthonys.  The Anthonys ARE behind this!!  IMO

Murt should have never gave him any information.  I watched the exchanging go on and it was clear the guy was holding his phone out so someone could hear and Murt was answering all the questions.

Of course a lawyer would impede anything he can to help his client.

Yes, I saw a portion of that telephone conversation, too, and saw the phone being held out.  Somehow, I believe Murt was at least aware of the phone, too (maybe not the NeJames part) but if you and I took note of the phone, surely Murt did too.

IMO there seems to be a new level of evil being added here - the A's have tried everything in their power and everything in their attorney's power to stop all searches.  They do not want a dead Caylee found.  Now...the question is WHY?  Save KC from DP?  Save their son from aiding and abetting?  Save themselves from obstruction and/or accessory after the fact?  All above or none above or something we've not yet thought of or figured out?  Whatever....an extreme amount of energy is going into this obstruction:  the whole thing about Cindy rejecting Tim and then this major attention to Tim by NeJames; trying to have NeJames legally stop the searches; showing up at search and pitching a fit for the cameras; Lee driving by and being noticed - not once but twice - interesting, particularly when we've been asking for weeks:  Where's Lee?

Pot stirring - by defense attorney - preparation for trial - CONFUSE EVERYTHING!!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #973 on: November 14, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

Islandmonkey- I also watched the Spector trial, it was a real eye opener not just Dr.Lee, but the other experts as well. Lets just say, some of these experts will say anything for the money.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: November 14, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »

Murt was wondering who this woman was a bit ago, wondering if she was someone from the Anthony camp:

This is the photo Colt/Chuck's wife Anita used when she registered (I removed some personal IP info):

Very similar looking, IMO
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #975 on: November 14, 2008, 04:16:35 PM »

They need to sequester the jury now. 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #976 on: November 14, 2008, 04:17:35 PM »

How is an expert going to explain away 30 days without a call to police after "the child" went missing? 

Temporary amnesia~She had amnesia and actaully forgot she even had  child.....J/K

But, for the right amount of $$$ I've seen way too many experts testify to just about anything the defense needs.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
PJ
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #977 on: November 14, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

If anyone is able to post on murt's chat...please tell him to STOP  what he is doing....call TES - 1-877-270-9500 personally IF he has concernes...he is becoming a huge part of the problem

I don't know what Murt was doing this morning or even now this afternoon.  I decided not to take part in the live cam viewing.  It seems like a BIG part of the problem to me.  Murt of course is a good-hearted man but maybe just a wide shot waaay back would be OK.  Stop talking live.  I hope this isn't over the top but we need to not jump  on every word someone with no experiencve says while taping.

God Bless LP and the BlackWater Searchers!

PJ flower

Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do. <br />- Myrtle Auvil
3bboysmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #978 on: November 14, 2008, 04:19:37 PM »

Murt was wondering who this woman was a bit ago, wondering if she was someone from the Anthony camp:

This is the photo Colt/Chuck's wife Anita used when she registered (I removed some personal IP info):

Very similar looking, IMO

OMG!!  I can't tell for sure they are the same person, but they really do look alike!!!   
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #979 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:07 PM »

Murt online saying that Dennis Martin is directly employed by Mark NeJame and was talking with Murt with an open cell phone which Murt thinks is directly open to NeJames.

See....pot stirring....defense attorney!!

Now...WHY is Dennis Martin/Mark NeJames trying to impede the search so deliberately??

NeJames works FOR the Anthonys.  The Anthonys ARE behind this!!  IMO

Do we know this for a fact or are we simply going on Murt's word.  I've been listening to Murt and he sounds like he's making alot of assumptions.

Murt said:  We've found out that Dennis Martin has been hired by NeJames. Who we is or how it was found out was not told during the few of minutes I was listening to Murt's site, as I don't listen to it all the time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.