March 28, 2024, 03:20:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Space Shuttle Lift Off Scheduled for July 4th  (Read 2686 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: July 03, 2006, 11:38:13 PM »

I can't believe they are going to go ahead with the mission tomorrow. For God's sake, a piece of the foam fell off ON THE LAUNCH PAD.

Paul Fischbeck, a Carnegie Mellon University risk and engineering professor who has consulted with NASA on the shuttle's delicate heat protection system noted that NASA said they had never seen foam fall off on the launch pad before.

Some outside experts said they were uncomfortable with going ahead, although they didn't have all the information.

The 3-inch triangular piece of foam that appeared to come from a 5-inch-long crack late Sunday or early Monday is far smaller than the foam chunk that brought down Columbia, killing seven astronauts in 2003. But NASA managers spent most of Monday pondering whether to go ahead with the launch.

NASA gave the green light Monday night for a Fourth of July shuttle liftoff despite worries about a piece of foam that popped off Discovery's external fuel tank while the spacecraft sat on the launch pad.

Are they crazy?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:17:36 PM »

Well they are off in flight now.  We will see.  It is very symbolic on the 4th of July.
Pray for there safe return...

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:48:35 PM »

Dear Dihannah1,

I am thankful the shuttle successfully launched today, July 4, 2006. And I agree it was wonderfully symbolic.

And I definitely will pray for a safe return to earth after the 12 day mission.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.