April 25, 2024, 10:30:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ayers..."dishonest narrative...to demonize me."  (Read 2009 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 14, 2008, 10:32:19 AM »

"What you call the violent past, that was a time when thousands of people were being murdered every month by our own government... We were on the right side," he told "GMA."

The co-founder of the Weather Underground was, as McCain has claimed, unrepentant about the the bombings his group committed during the 1960s.

"The content of the Vietnam protest is that there were despicable acts going on, but the despicable acts were being done by our goverment... I never hurt or killed anyone," Ayers said.

"We knew it was wrong. We knew it was illegal. We knew it was immoral," he said, but they felt they "had to do more" to stop the Vietnam war.

"The notion that ... me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense," Obama argued.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/Story?id=6251086&page=1

I'm not sure where Obama was when he was 8 years old, or where he was from the late 60's to the mid 70's.

For some American's it was a time of fear.  There were bombings, riots, fires, tanks, and lots of fear.  Fear that rioters would come down your street and set fire or bomb your home.  I guess Obama didn't grow up in one of those kinds of neighborhoods. 

Those times that Obama doesn't relate to - meant to me, that my sisters and I had to learn an evacuation plan in case rioters came down our street, broke into our house, started a fire, threw a bomb, and many other things.  Riots, bombs, fires and related violence were not something we had any experience with.   Not anything we'd experienced to date.  It did concern my mother.  It created fear within, terror among peaceful people.  The kind of terror that can last a lifetime.

Some don't think it's PC to talk about.  However, it is a shared experience among many.  Tanks in the street, bombs, fires, and riots.  I guess the point of view of the innocent is always different from those starting fires, damaging property, and intending to make a point in a big way - boom.

In my mind, Ayers will always be a terrorist, and Obama (again) displays his lack of  compassion, or perhaps his inability to relate to the real fear of others.

wiki take on domestic terrorists -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Ree
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 12:06:19 PM »

"What you call the violent past, that was a time when thousands of people were being murdered every month by our own government... We were on the right side," he told "GMA."

The co-founder of the Weather Underground was, as McCain has claimed, unrepentant about the the bombings his group committed during the 1960s.

"The content of the Vietnam protest is that there were despicable acts going on, but the despicable acts were being done by our goverment... I never hurt or killed anyone," Ayers said.

"We knew it was wrong. We knew it was illegal. We knew it was immoral," he said, but they felt they "had to do more" to stop the Vietnam war.

"The notion that ... me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values, doesn't make much sense," Obama argued.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/Story?id=6251086&page=1

I'm not sure where Obama was when he was 8 years old, or where he was from the late 60's to the mid 70's.

For some American's it was a time of fear.  There were bombings, riots, fires, tanks, and lots of fear.  Fear that rioters would come down your street and set fire or bomb your home.  I guess Obama didn't grow up in one of those kinds of neighborhoods. 

Those times that Obama doesn't relate to - meant to me, that my sisters and I had to learn an evacuation plan in case rioters came down our street, broke into our house, started a fire, threw a bomb, and many other things.  Riots, bombs, fires and related violence were not something we had any experience with.   Not anything we'd experienced to date.  It did concern my mother.  It created fear within, terror among peaceful people.  The kind of terror that can last a lifetime.

Some don't think it's PC to talk about.  However, it is a shared experience among many.  Tanks in the street, bombs, fires, and riots.  I guess the point of view of the innocent is always different from those starting fires, damaging property, and intending to make a point in a big way - boom.

In my mind, Ayers will always be a terrorist, and Obama (again) displays his lack of  compassion, or perhaps his inability to relate to the real fear of others.

wiki take on domestic terrorists -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

just my humble opinions
I am a few years older than Obama, grew up watching the war on TV too.  No matter what age, if I start hanging out with people who think that bombing buildings whether people are in them or not, is not terrorism, assume I have very poor judgement.  There is never a justification for this violence, unless the government is oppressing it's people.  Many of our people may have changed their minds on the Vietnam War, but government oppression had nothing to do with it.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »

We are seeing Obama's capacity to rationalize away real concerns and conflicts. Just imagine how helpful this will be with terrorists in the Middle East?

God help us all.

I watched Ayer's interview on TiVO, wasn't able to until late last night - but the man isn't as smart as he thinks. His arrogance shows how truly stupid he is.

Good to know Obama has no problem just kicking it under the rug along with Wright, who I think may become Obama's greatest critic over time. You don't cross men like Wright, they get even and go for broke within that, for they essentially have mental health issues to begin with IMO. He's a zealot.

I continue to stand with the girl.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:42 PM »

Give us a break please. Obama is elected. How long are you going to post sour grapes? Until a Republican is elected? It will be a long time coming. 

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 10:38:49 PM »

No Louise, an honest and decent person would be an improvement. I don't care much for playa's.

How is hollywood?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »

Give us a break please. Obama is elected. How long are you going to post sour grapes? Until a Republican is elected? It will be a long time coming. 

I believe that the US needs strict voter ID laws.  In my state, I see vote fraud all around.  NO ONE has to show an ID to vote.  All one has to do is give a name.

All one needs to do to register is to have a utility bill and another person to vouch for them. 

Sham elections, in 2004, 2008, and for years to come.  No legitimate government in power.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »

It's an age-old strategy of lobbyists, find the loophole and drive it through WhiskeyGirl. I agree, ACORN was a decided effort to work that system and indeed they did.

Barney Franks and Pelosi are at the heart of this, Obama also was deeply tied to ACORN. I guess winning fair and square is no longer good enough for the democrats. I have voted both ways in my lifetime also, this isn't about getting republicans elected, it's about the lies Obama has advance thinking he could trick the voters into believing he did not have subversive ties nor subversive elements working for him.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.