April 24, 2024, 07:02:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AIG - "pigs at a trough"  (Read 1203 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

AIG is giving your money to its executives. 500 million!

November 14, 2008 07:37 AM EST (Updated: November 14, 2008 07:40 AM EST)
views: 19 | comments: 4

It can't be true, but it is, according to a brief story on NPR this morning. AIG, the supersized insurance corporation which bestrides the globe, plans to hand out deferred compensation checks to its execs in the amount of 500 million bucks.

What have they done to deserve this money? Well, first they got AIG so deeply involved in insuring risky financial instruments that they had to beg Henry Paulson for 85 billion out of the bailout money just to keep AIG afloat. They then got themselves back into the news by taking a spa trip that outraged a number of taxpayers.

I have to shake my head at this. The greed and folly is unreal, it is "pigs at a trough", as Arianna Huffington would say. ... Don't you guys have more pride than this? Is this the way you want to be remembered?

Or is it maybe that you have concluded that there is no way for AIG to avoid bankruptcy, and you are grabbing some of the money before it all evaporates?

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977506508&grpId=3659174697244816&nav=Groupspace

This reminds me of the auto companies.  Who will buy their cars?  One last dying grasp for money from overburdened taxpayers? 

Who will lead them to profits?  Same leadership that took them to the pit?

It's ok...rich people can afford to pay more.  No need to work in the new administration.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.