March 28, 2024, 09:24:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will moral values return to America?  (Read 6183 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »

caesu, the reality is different from what you are detailing. Yes the Mormon Church did spend to run the ads against Proposition 8 but if you actually READ THE DETAIL you will see that it was predominately black female voters age 40+ who were the deciding vote.

I don't have an issue with same sex marriage but you tend to underestimate the opposition as limited to only Mormons or other religious faiths.

In reality it's the corporations and health insurers that don't want same sex marriage to continue, for if it's written into law their benefits have to support it !!!

Do the homework !!!

Why does having a muslim in our White House even matter to you? I think you must be of the muslim faith yourself and good for you, have at it but it's not a predominate/majority religion in the US so it's logical our leadership which SHOULD reflect our majority being a democracy, would not be muslim.

Please quit trying to muddy the waters with all of these random accusations.

but there is no muslim in the White House.

My 2 cents?  What I think about anyone's religion, or lack of religion doesn't matter.

The deciding factor is from God.  It is his final decision.  

I believe "labels" are applied by humans and are not part of God's decision making process.  In the end, it's all about God.

I see others through their actions, deeds, and work on this earth.   Words are the part of the slippery slope.  What is in a person's heart may change over time.  Hopefully, the heart is not hardened by time and experience, but remains open and loving towards all human beings.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »

Too bad. Too late. Moral values began to disappear years ago. Did you notice?

It seems the thing I have noticed over my many years ,is there have always been some who had no morals. They were not the majority and I do not believe they are now. Sadly they do seem to be increasing with all the sex shown at movies and on TV.JMHO

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2008, 09:28:24 PM »

None, why are you saying things about me to the extent that the moderator has to edit your posts? I've never made a personal attack against anyone. That's why they don't edit my posts.

I respecfully ask you to leave me alone.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »

This is the last time I will ever respond to you LV, I did not attack you. You have whined so much over the last year that I am edited if ever I defend my posts against your tauntings.

As far as I am concerned now, you no longer exist.

None ~  I edited your post because it was a personal attack against Louise, and for no other reason.  You have a lot of good and interesting facts and opinions and you do present them well.   However, when you attack another poster, that is diminished, imo.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:57:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »

This is the last time I will ever respond to you LV, I did not attack you. You have whined so much over the last year that I am edited if ever I defend my posts against your tauntings.

As far as I am concerned now, you no longer exist.

None ~  I edited your post because it was a personal attack against Louise, and for no other reason.  You have a lot of good and interesting facts and opinions and you do present them well.   However, when you attack another poster, that is diminished, imo.

Muffybee - I disagree, as a parent and as management in my work, if I believed that only 'attacks' are overt I would be poor at de-escalating issues and inequities. Manipulating posters and playing a martyr while doing so, does nothing positive for the debate or the board and brings forth negatives because moderation hasn't even attempted to stop it. I feel this board was diminished greatly when the lack of moderation for LV and caesu's taunts against other educated and knowledgeable (albeit not Obama supporters) posters has now resulted them not returning. If you notice LV never posts except to taunt me, you continue allow that. I can't respect it.

Thanks to WhiskeyGirl this forum still has something of interest to post in response to, I appreciate her efforts.

[quote]I realize that politics is a hot topic and brings out the best and worst in many of us.  Even though you may have strong beliefs, please restrain from name calling and attacking posters with opposing views.

TIA

[/quote]

Edited to add the quote is from Klaasend.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:26:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 10:28:26 PM »

Muffy perhaps you can moderate at your pleasure without my posting any of my "strong" beliefs in your political forum again.

For the record, I think it's an interesting exercise that as I depart I post the definition of morality. You might find some of it applicable to many actions in this forum, beyond mine.

morality
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
mo⋅ral⋅i⋅ty   /məˈrælɪti, mɔ-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [muh-ral-i-tee, maw-] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–noun, plural -ties for 4–6. 1. conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
2. moral quality or character.
3. virtue in sexual matters; chastity.
4. a doctrine or system of morals.
5. moral instruction; a moral lesson, precept, discourse, or utterance.

mo·ral·i·ty    (mə-rāl'ĭ-tē, mô-)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   pl. mo·ral·i·ties

The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct.
A system of ideas of right and wrong conduct: religious morality; Christian morality.
Virtuous conduct.
A rule or lesson in moral conduct.

I am now assuming that many of you will agree that Obama can rewrite the definition of morality?

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 10:58:12 PM »

Muffy perhaps you can moderate at your pleasure without my posting any of my "strong" beliefs in your political forum again.

For the record, I think it's an interesting exercise that as I depart I post the definition of morality. You might find some of it applicable to many actions in this forum, beyond mine.

morality
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
mo⋅ral⋅i⋅ty   /məˈrælɪti, mɔ-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [muh-ral-i-tee, maw-] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–noun, plural -ties for 4–6. 1. conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct.
2. moral quality or character.
3. virtue in sexual matters; chastity.
4. a doctrine or system of morals.
5. moral instruction; a moral lesson, precept, discourse, or utterance.

mo·ral·i·ty    (mə-rāl'ĭ-tē, mô-)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   pl. mo·ral·i·ties

The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct.
A system of ideas of right and wrong conduct: religious morality; Christian morality.
Virtuous conduct.
A rule or lesson in moral conduct.

I am now assuming that many of you will agree that Obama can rewrite the definition of morality?

Nonesuche~  I edited a post you made that personally attacked another.  It had nothing to do with anything but that fact.  It didn't have to do with Obama, it didn't have to do with McCain, it didn't have anything to do with morality or anything else.  Plain and simple.  What all the rest of this is about, I don't know.  I quoted the simple, basic thread Klaas posted about attacking other posters for you.   That is my basis for the edit.  And if someone were to personally attack you as you attacked Louise, I would edit them also, regardless of their choice of candidate in the election.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »

Nonesuche - Muffee is doing her best to try and moderate personal attacks, PLEASE RESPECT THE MODERATORS, THEIR JOB ISN'T EASY.

My personal opinion is that it's time to work together and no, I don't believe we have a Muslim in the Whitehouse nor do I believe he's attempting to redefine morality.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »

I have started 4 threads:

1. Pro Obama
2. Anti Obama
3. Conservative/Republican
4. Liberal/ Democrat

The labels are just guidelines, not meant to offend anyone. It is my fervent hope that "like minded" posters will stick to their respective threads and NOT cross into territory where they are likely to find opposition. Surely there will be debate even among similar general philosophies, but if we all get on board with this and seperate our places of discussion, the Mods should have a much easier job. I also think that more interesting discussion will occur and that we can all learn from each other's specific perspectives without resorting to real argument because the views are just so very far apart.

Please use these threads, and please feel free to move in and out of topics within those threads. I hope that they will last way past 100 pages. Open and free discussion and conversation, articles, etc. NO EDITS needed, I hope!
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 07:46:52 AM »

I have started 4 threads:

1. Pro Obama
2. Anti Obama
3. Conservative/Republican
4. Liberal/ Democrat

The labels are just guidelines, not meant to offend anyone. It is my fervent hope that "like minded" posters will stick to their respective threads and NOT cross into territory where they are likely to find opposition. Surely there will be debate even among similar general philosophies, but if we all get on board with this and seperate our places of discussion, the Mods should have a much easier job. I also think that more interesting discussion will occur and that we can all learn from each other's specific perspectives without resorting to real argument because the views are just so very far apart.

Please use these threads, and please feel free to move in and out of topics within those threads. I hope that they will last way past 100 pages. Open and free discussion and conversation, articles, etc. NO EDITS needed, I hope!

I would have some issues with threads that are set up for the purpose of 'bashing' anyone. 

I think the best discussion comes from some differing points of view.  I think everyone needs to be respectful of others and try not to point the finger at anyone.  Tolerance helps to.

jmho

I will make an effort to add to existing threads and not start so many new ones.  I think the morals thread is good, and the Teresa GRA thread is good, but not to many have responded to that one. 

Both are issues that affect everyone regardless of where you sit and in which aisle.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.