April 25, 2024, 08:38:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America ready to regain 'land of opportunity' status in era of Obama  (Read 1461 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 15, 2008, 08:27:09 AM »

"This will mean a huge investment in alternative energy including wind turbines, solar cells and biofuels," says Michael Stokes, the noted financial adviser.

"Obama's commitment to the environment will make it difficult to expand nuclear energy."

Several sectors are mispriced currently, leading to opportunities for well placed fund managers. Healthcare, banks and financial stocks seemed under-valued whilst energy and materials are rather highly priced.

Since 1948, stock returns have jumped 16 per cent in the first year of the six Democrat Presidents as against just 2 per cent for the nine Republicans.

As the US comes out of recession, consumption will rise. Disposable income may be higher than some recognise, as 29 million Americans pay no income tax.

Look for funds strong in four areas: construction (including materials) for the large infrastructure projects planned; IT for sizeable government-backed schemes; healthcare, notably hospitals and nursing homes; and leisure – there are some 7.3 million American millionaires while more than half the country considers itself middle class, all working less and enjoying more leisure hours.

Alistair Blyth of AB1 Financial Planning prefers to "wait and see" for now, to allow Obama to settle in and announce policies to try to resolve America's problems.

http://business.scotsman.com/economics/America-ready-to-regain-39land.4697391.jp

Any signs that runaway healthcare costs will be addressed by Obama?  Healthcare inflation?  Or, will he stick to "providers are already being squeezed"? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »

I think it's way, way, way down on his agenda WhiskyGirl. He's far more interested in raising taxes first.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.