March 29, 2024, 02:12:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Murderer Flips the 'bird' to Victim's Family In Court  (Read 2580 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: November 15, 2008, 07:27:49 PM »

This POS needs to DIE ASAP!

Murderer Flips Off Victim's Family In Court
Friday, November 14, 2008 – updated: 6:13 pm EST November 14, 2008

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. -- Late Friday afternoon, when Tai Pham was sentenced to death for brutally murdering a woman while forcing her daughter to watch, he stuck up his middle finger at the victim's family.

The death sentence was handed down late Friday afternoon. The cold-blooded crime was truly heinous and Pham's actions in the Seminole County courthouse just added insult to the injury.

You almost couldn't believe your eyes as Pham shifted from sitting quietly with his head down in the corner to offering an angry and cold-hearted gesture to a family that is still grieving more than three years after the horrible crime.

Pham couldn't resist one final blow to the family he's already hurt so much, flicking them off several times as they sat in the courtroom to hear the judge's sentence. It comes three years after Pham killed his estranged wife, Fi Pham, who went by Amy.

"No matter what the verdict is, it's not going to bring Amy back for her three little girls," said Amy's boyfriend Christopher Higgins.

Judge Marlene Alva said the heinousness and premeditation involved outweighed her considerations about Pham's troubled childhood, including an escape from Vietnam.

"For the first degree murder of Fi Pham, the defendant is set to be put to death in the way proscribed by law," Judge Alva said.

Eyewitness News has followed the Pham case since 2005, when he tied up his 15-year-old daughter Lana inside her Altamonte Springs apartment and then waited for her mother to come home. She was forced to watch the attack unfold.

"Can you imagine what was going through Lana's mind when she was in the apartment and sees her mother killed before her own eyes?" questioned prosecutor Gino Feliciani.

Pham has stood out for his violent and erratic behavior. During the murder trial, he was sentenced to ten separate years in prison for assaulting a deputy on his way out of the courtroom.

The family hopes this ruling will be a wake-up call to other victims of domestic violence.

"If there's anybody out there, make the decision, get out, protect yourself, protect your children," said Bernadette Hanlon, the victim's friend.

Despite the reaction that many in the courtroom had to Pham's behavior, the family seemed to take it in stride. They have seen Pham's antics before and kept their focus, even as he heads to death row.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17983563/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 09:06:57 PM »

<snipped>

Despite the reaction that many in the courtroom had to Pham's behavior, the family seemed to take it in stride. They have seen Pham's antics before and kept their focus, even as he heads to death row.

I think the family handled this well. They didn't give Pham the satisfaction of looking horrified.  That's what he wanted-a horrified reaction and he didn't get it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.