April 25, 2024, 01:34:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #775 11/16/08 thru 11/19/08  (Read 261393 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: November 18, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

BUCKSHOT... I am searching acronyms for MIU, again...sigh...and nothing other than "men in uniform" which was mentioned the other night.

MIU from Holland...that was in a post.

Money Intransit Units?

Magnolia...I wish I had saved all the posts I read it in yesterday...then in context it would have made sense..maybe...one was about an extradite...but I don't think Cap spelt it like that.

I think it has something to do with money laundering.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:57 AM »

Did you guys have the latest comments from Mos posted...I am trying to hurry and look back, gotta get to my office.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #542 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »

Well, it's been what 2 years since the Persistance went to Aruba, if they were going to do offshore drilling, wouldn't they have started it by now, the time is right.

Persistence was in Aruba December 2007 through February 2008

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/

Indeed... and some were going back to study all the 'targets' as soon as they got donations. Monkeys scrambled and ran in circles trying to help figure out a way. I wonder if any money was sent in and where is it now? Will anyone study the targets? Who? What? When? Where? ... and How? 

Nut...I believe TM posted the other night that her check was not cashed...TM?  TIA

My check was cashed.  The comment was in regards to donations being requested and then the Persistence heading home citing funding issues, without allowing time for donations to be made.  I made two donations one was online to TES, the other mailed to the Natalee Holloway foundation.  My check had not had time to clear the bank before they headed home.

Thanks for the clarification TM
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: November 18, 2008, 10:37:50 AM »

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/18/grace.coldcase.holloway/

Tips renew hopes of solving Holloway case

By Rupa Mikkilineni
Nancy Grace Producer
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Authorities in Aruba say they're looking into new evidence that could lead to an arrest 3½ years after Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on a senior class trip to the island.

Aruban police are investigating two new tips they hope will provide the corroborating evidence they need to make an arrest, lead prosecutor Hans Mos told CNN.

He would not discuss details but said police again consider Dutch student Joran van der Sloot to be the prime suspect in Holloway's disappearance.

A new witness has emerged, authorities say, who can place van der Sloot and his father, Paulus van der Sloot, near a pond on the island at 4 a.m. on the day Holloway vanished.

The witness told authorities he saw a young man, wet from the chest down and wearing only one shoe, running along a road from the pond to a fast-food restaurant.

The witness said he saw the young man and an older man driving slowly down the road in a red Jeep about 10 minutes later. The pond was not among those searched in the early stages of the investigation, Mos said.

A second witness, a former girlfriend of Joran van der Sloot, also told police he made suspicious-sounding comments while they were on the beach. The witness, publicly known only as Celes, told police van der Sloot said: "Who knows? You may now be on the beach with someone who is able to get rid of a corpse." Watch the latest developments in the case »

In addition, Mos said, two other witnesses have come forward. He declined to discuss those witnesses, other than to say he is hopeful the case can be solved.

"We are hoping to make a decision by the end of this year or early next year as to whether we will re-arrest [the younger] van der Sloot or not," Mos told CNN.

Also key to the investigation, Mos added, is a Dutch journalist Peter De Vries' videotaped interview with van der Sloot. In the interview, van der Sloot acknowledges a friend helped him get rid of her body. Read how van der Sloot "lost no sleep" over Holloway

Mos said he is confident that the tape, which he characterizes as a confession, is admissible in court. With the new tips and new witnesses whose testimony impeaches earlier statements by van der Sloot and his father, Mos said he might have enough evidence to solve the mystery of what happened to Holloway.

The elder van der Sloot has told police he was at home, asleep in bed until 7 a.m. on the night in question. And, Joran van der Sloot has never been able to explain what happened to his tennis shoes, Mos said.

Holloway's father, Dave, said the new developments caught him by surprise.

"Well, I really hope it's true, because they even have Joran on tape confessing, and I don't know what could be better than that," he said.

Van der Sloot's family and attorney did not return phone calls.

Natalee Holloway, 19, a senior at Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, was a vibrant member of the school band's dance team, "The Dorians," which is similar to the "Rockettes." She was a straight-A student who planned to study pre-medicine at the University of Alabama.

She vanished in May 2005while on her senior class trip to the island. She was last seen at the popular night club Carlos 'n Charlie's early on the morning her class was due to fly home.

Her disappearance became the subject of a high-profile search and a massive media frenzy. Holloway family members and friends organized volunteer search efforts in Aruba that went on for months.

Early missteps cost investigators valuable time and evidence. Police at first mistakenly arrested two men who had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance. And, investigators initially ignored information from witnesses pointing to the three young men last seen with Holloway that night.

When Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested, they told conflicting stories. By that time, verifiable facts were hard to come by.

Van der Sloot is a member of a prominent Dutch family in Aruba. At the time of Holloway's disappearance, his father was a judge in training. Joran van der Sloot and the brothers Kalpoe were arrested and let go twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance.

While they were in jail, police and prosecutors sought corroborating evidence to piece together a motive and theory. They were not successful. Late last year, authorities closed the case without bringing any charges.

"We simply did not yet have the corroborating evidence to take this to trial and win a conviction," prosecutor Mos told CNN. "If we had a body even to determine cause of death, then we could piece some thing together."

In February, the videotape of van der Sloot's taped admission surfaced on Dutch television. De Vries, a famed Dutch journalist, set up a hidden camera capturing van der Sloot talking about Holloway's last moments and how her body was disposed of "like an old rag."

Since then, De Vries has set up another on-camera sting. It aired last week, showing van der Sloot meeting with undercover reporters who posed as Dutch sex industry bosses looking for Thai prostitutes to recruit to the Netherlands as sex slaves.

In the tape, van der Sloot allegedly promises to supply Thai girls for prostitution in Holland and accepts 1,000 Euros as advance payment for his services.

Apparently van der Sloot left the Netherlands late last year and has been living in Thailand for the last few months as a student.

His whereabouts right now are unknown, but Aruban authorities are grateful for the tips that the Dutch documentaries have generated. They hope the tips will bring them closer to a resolution in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: November 18, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »

Sorry if it is a repeat...I have to run and wanted to post just in case. This is from an e-mail I received from my friend:

Aruban police are investigating two new tips they hope will provide the corroborating evidence they need to make an arrest, lead prosecutor Hans Mos told CNN.

A new witness has emerged, authorities say, who can place van der Sloot and his father, Paulus van der Sloot, near a pond on the island at 4 a.m. on the day Holloway vanished.

The witness told authorities he saw a young man, wet from the chest down and wearing only one shoe, running along a road from the pond to a fast-food restaurant.

The witness said he saw the young man and an older man driving slowly down the road in a red Jeep about 10 minutes later. The pond was not among those searched in the early stages of the investigation, Mos said.

A second witness, a former girlfriend of Joran van der Sloot, also told police he made suspicious-sounding comments while they were on the beach. The witness, publicly known only as Celes, told police van der Sloot said: "Who knows? You may now be on the beach with someone who is able to get rid of a corpse." Watch the latest developments in the case »

In addition, Mos said, two other witnesses have come forward. He declined to discuss those witnesses, other than to say he is hopeful the case can be solved.

"We are hoping to make a decision by the end of this year or early next year as to whether we will re-arrest [the younger] van der Sloot or not," Mos told CNN.

Also key to the investigation, Mos added, is a Dutch journalist Peter De Vries' videotaped interview with van der Sloot. In the interview, van der Sloot acknowledges a friend helped him get rid of her body. Read how van der Sloot "lost no sleep" over Holloway

Mos said he is confident that the tape, which he characterizes as a confession, is admissible in court. With the new tips and new witnesses whose testimony impeaches earlier statements by van der Sloot and his father, Mos said he might have enough evidence to solve the mystery of what happened to Holloway.      Story Highlights
Aruban prosecutor says new evidence has surfaced in Holloway case

Several new witnesses have come forward since televised interview

Holloway disappeared while on senior class trip to Aruba in May 2005

Have information? Call Aruban prosecutor: 011-297-521-4100

By Rupa Mikkilineni
Nancy Grace Producer
CNN
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Authorities in Aruba say they're looking into new evidence that could lead to an arrest 3½ years after Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on a senior class trip to the island.

He would not discuss details but said police again consider Dutch student Joran van der Sloot to be the prime suspect in Holloway's disappearance.

Mos said he is confident that the tape, which he characterizes as a confession, is admissible in court. With the new tips and new witnesses whose testimony impeaches earlier statements by van der Sloot and his father, Mos said he might have enough evidence to solve the mystery of what happened to Holloway.

The elder van der Sloot has told police he was at home, asleep in bed until 7 a.m. on the night in question. And, Joran van der Sloot has never been able to explain what happened to his tennis shoes, Mos said.

"Well, I really hope it's true, because they even have Joran on tape confessing, and I don't know what could be better than that," he said.

Natalee Holloway, 19, a senior at Mountain Brook High School in suburban Birmingham, Alabama, was a vibrant member of the school band's dance team, "The Dorians," which is similar to the "Rockettes." She was a straight-A student who planned to study pre-medicine at the University of Alabama.

She vanished in May 2005while on her senior class trip to the island. She was last seen at the popular night club Carlos 'n Charlie's early on the morning her class was due to fly home.

Her disappearance became the subject of a high-profile search and a massive media frenzy. Holloway family members and friends organized volunteer search efforts in Aruba that went on for months.

Early missteps cost investigators valuable time and evidence. Police at first mistakenly arrested two men who had nothing to do with Holloway's disappearance. And, investigators initially ignored information from witnesses pointing to the three young men last seen with Holloway that night.

When Joran van der Sloot and brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were arrested, they told conflicting stories. By that time, verifiable facts were hard to come by.

Van der Sloot is a member of a prominent Dutch family in Aruba. At the time of Holloway's disappearance, his father was a judge in training. Joran van der Sloot and the brothers Kalpoe were arrested and let go twice in connection with Holloway's disappearance.

While they were in jail, police and prosecutors sought corroborating evidence to piece together a motive and theory. They were not successful. Late last year, authorities closed the case without bringing any charges.

"We simply did not yet have the corroborating evidence to take this to trial and win a conviction," prosecutor Mos told CNN. "If we had a body even to determine cause of death, then we could piece some thing together."

In February, the videotape of van der Sloot's taped admission surfaced on Dutch television. De Vries, a famed Dutch journalist, set up a hidden camera capturing van der Sloot talking about Holloway's last moments and how her body was disposed of "like an old rag."

Since then, De Vries has set up another on-camera sting. It aired last week, showing van der Sloot meeting with undercover reporters who posed as Dutch sex industry bosses looking for Thai prostitutes to recruit to the Netherlands as sex slaves.

In the tape, van der Sloot allegedly promises to supply Thai girls for prostitution in Holland and accepts 1,000 Euros as advance payment for his services.

Apparently van der Sloot left the Netherlands late last year and has been living in Thailand for the last few months as a student.

His whereabouts right now are unknown, but Aruban authorities are grateful for the tips that the Dutch documentaries have generated. They hope the tips will bring them closer to a resolution in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: November 18, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »

Well, it's been what 2 years since the Persistance went to Aruba, if they were going to do offshore drilling, wouldn't they have started it by now, the time is right.

Indeed... and some were going back to study all the 'targets' as soon as they got donations. Monkeys scrambled and ran in circles trying to help figure out a way. I wonder if any money was sent in and where is it now? Will anyone study the targets? Who? What? When? Where? ... and How? 

Nut...I believe TM posted the other night that her check was not cashed...TM?  TIA

My check was cashed.  The comment was in regards to donations being requested and then the Persistence heading home citing funding issues, without allowing time for donations to be made.  I made two donations one was online to TES, the other mailed to the Natalee Holloway foundation.  My check had not had time to clear the bank before they headed home.

Also, if I remember at the time it wasn't Tim Miller asking for the donations it was John Silvetti's sister primarily over at BFN.  The request was brought over here. 
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #546 on: November 18, 2008, 10:42:27 AM »

Is this Jossy at his wife's 2006 Halloween party? Laughing

looks more like son Eduardo, or at least one of his sons, face too thin for Jossy, imo but my eyes aren't so good without side by sides, not much chance for me.

morbid costume, huh, lol?
CapsLockWizard
Monkey Junky

« Reply #547 on: November 18, 2008, 10:43:06 AM »

I am catching up with all the post....in this section....

look at my findings carefully, [on the cage "it is Escudero Cage."] Colombia drug trafficer.

I will say again...there was 2 cases mixed in to one. --->. to confuse the issue.

cage (400lbs) to havy for 2 people "AND" to big for just a scull. "AND" area of he cage in the water too deep "AND" need a crane to lift it and to drop it. Do not compute with the available time-line to deal with a post mortum body.

MY research has notting to to with Jossy nor John Selvetty.

My Approch is more diferent and is base on "question and fact findings" and not speculation

a question for SS  " why was there an association ( friend ship) between the 2 Kalpoes and Joran? and who had more to gain in this friend ship?

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #548 on: November 18, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »

Greta's Blog this morning.  Looks like she's back on the case!

Next week, if things go as planned, you will see some information we have obtained in the Natalee Holloway investigation.  The information is in the form of audio and video tapes and other.  The information is either the answer to what happened to Natalee Holloway or a wild goose chase. You will make your own judgment.

I am hoping that the Aruban prosecutor will use his subpoena power to investigate further…and I am hoping to at least shed light on a very big problem that our own State Department admits is a giant problem in the Aruba area.

Once we obtained this information months ago, our job has been twofold: to disprove or prove.  A good investigator chases down every lead and then works to both prove and disprove that lead.

I will tell you this: the new information fits the time line.  I will also tell you that JIm Hammer went to Aruba for us and when he confronted Joran Van der Sloot’s father it was, to say the least, “awkward.” It was so weird that Paulus Van der Sloot ripped a paper out of Hammer’s hand (a transcript) and ran into his office.  Note also that until we got this information, the Kalpoe brothers’ Aruban lawyer would always return my phone calls.  Now he will not…

Many of you have asked me in recent months what is the latest in this investigation.  I can only tell you that we have not given up — and as proof of our stamina and determination,  we have used weekends to work on this case and time during the week when we could fit between our other responsibilities.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: November 18, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

Also, if I remember at the time it wasn't Tim Miller asking for the donations it was John Silvetti's sister primarily over at BFN.  The request was brought over here. 

Thanks klaas...Good Morning

Why do I feel ike you are rolling your eyes at me every time I see your sig line?
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #550 on: November 18, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »

Still trying to catch up here today...but I can say this...if there was a circus it was in here for the past few days.  We went from discussing whether the pond was really drained for the purpose of finding Tromp to Caps being related to everyone's uncle.

Since I won't share personal emails without permission I can only say that as of this moment with the information that I have I think we have gotten off track and also made some new discoveries.  I put in a few inquiries to people who would know and am waiting for denial or confirmation of several things I have read. 

At this point all I can say is...hmmmmmm.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #551 on: November 18, 2008, 10:55:23 AM »

[quote

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's what I remember.  Tim never said a thing.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #552 on: November 18, 2008, 10:55:26 AM »

look at my findings carefully, [on the cage "it is Escudero Cage."] Colombia drug trafficer.

I will say again...there was 2 cases mixed in to one. --->. to confuse the issue.

cage (400lbs) to havy for 2 people "AND" to big for just a scull. "AND" area of he cage in the water too deep "AND" need a crane to lift it and to drop it. Do not compute with the available time-line to deal with a post mortum body.

My Approch is more diferent and is base on "question and fact findings" and not speculation

a question for SS  " why was there an association ( friend ship) between the 2 Kalpoes and Joran? and who had more to gain in this friend ship?

Thank you for clearing that up.  I didn't think so.   
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #553 on: November 18, 2008, 10:58:26 AM »

Sorry if it is a repeat...I have to run and wanted to post just in case. This is from an e-mail I received from my friend:

Mos said he is confident that the tape, which he characterizes as a confession, is admissible in court. With the new tips and new witnesses whose testimony impeaches earlier statements by van der Sloot and his father, Mos said he might have enough evidence to solve the mystery of what happened to Holloway.      Story Highlights
Aruban prosecutor says new evidence has surfaced in Holloway case

Several new witnesses have come forward since televised interview

Holloway disappeared while on senior class trip to Aruba in May 2005

Have information? Call Aruban prosecutor: 011-297-521-4100

By Rupa Mikkilineni
Nancy Grace Producer
CNN

Mos is the problem...as you have already found out per our source.  Hey, does that guy ever answer his emails?  LOL

Thanks for verifying things I knew to be true but had no way to prove it.   
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #554 on: November 18, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

I started a thread when I'm done with the

http://nholloway.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html
 I will unlock it so that everyone can help out.
The Search for Natalee Holloway Monday, November 26, 2007

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.0

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #555 on: November 18, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

Still trying to catch up here today...but I can say this...if there was a circus it was in here for the past few days.  We went from discussing whether the pond was really drained for the purpose of finding Tromp to Caps being related to everyone's uncle.

Since I won't share personal emails without permission I can only say that as of this moment with the information that I have I think we have gotten off track and also made some new discoveries.  I put in a few inquiries to people who would know and am waiting for denial or confirmation of several things I have read. 

At this point all I can say is...hmmmmmm.

LOL...Been looking at the Monkey's Uncle clue for 2 days now and still
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #556 on: November 18, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »

Let me say this and I will stand by this until someone gives me concrete evidence to prove otherwise.  I know my limb may be shaky to some of you...but I truly know this to be sound.  If Kermit can prove otherwise I will offer a basket of juicy bugs and Miss. Piggy for the weekend.

Caps is not related to Jossy.  Caps is not related to John Silvetti.  Caps sole work on the Monserat pond had nothing to do with either one of these men.  I know who Caps is and I also would bet that Kermit does too at this point.  Caps last name is interesting and does indeed rings bells with anyone that knows about this case in depth but he is not related to these men. As I said we have become sidetracked again by no fault of anyone's...it's just what we do.

Now the rest of you must give me proof that I am wrong otherwise I stand by my story.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #557 on: November 18, 2008, 11:12:47 AM »

Thanks Caps.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #558 on: November 18, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »

Well, there does appear to be a skull and tennis shoe in the "too big" cage.  IIRC Jaime worked at the Container Harbor....the cage could have already been on a boat...and just shoved off. 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #559 on: November 18, 2008, 11:20:41 AM »

Polis Officer - "C" 

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.