April 24, 2024, 11:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farrah Fawcett 1947- 2009  (Read 15436 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: October 07, 2006, 09:58:17 PM »

Very recently I heard on the news that Farrah Fawcett has been diagnosed (at St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica) with cancer and she is going to fight it. None of the articles I read mentioned what type of cancer. Then I found this article http://tinyurl.com/ml6ht which states she has a malignant tumor in her lower intestine, which is about the size of two strawberries. The doctors hope to shrink it and then remove it.  

I am ever shocked at the casualties of aging.  Not only does the vision and hearing get compromised, as well as joints becoming arthritic, but my contemporaries are dying.

Edit to change Subject Line
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:33:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 10:12:18 PM »

Yep, about the only thing good about getting old besides the discounts is that it's better than the alternatives.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 10:20:05 PM »

Yep, Car, the only alternative to getting old is being dead. Still, I hate it when I go to movies and they automatically give me the senior discount without my having to ask for it.  Surprised

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 10:27:24 PM »

Just the opposite for me, I couldn't wait to get the discounts.

But I do understand your point.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 10:28:05 PM »

And I really do feel sorry for Farrah, one of my favorites.
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 01:20:14 AM »

I feel so badly that Farrah is sick.

I wish her nothing but the best and hopeful for a recovery...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 02:45:11 AM »

Just breaking late tonight Farrah Fawcett is now in ICU and taking a turn for the worse
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/06/0624_farrah_fawcett_tmz_bn_2.jpg
Cancer-stricken Farrah Fawcett had taken a serious turn for the worse and her loved ones reportedly gathered at her bedside Wednesday night.

A priest also was summoned to the Los Angeles hospital where the 62-year-old "Charlie's Angels" icon - a devout Catholic - is being treated for anal cancer, the television show "Extra" reported.

Her publicist, Arnold Robinson, would not comment on the reports, saying only that "she is still being treated for her condition."

Those keeping vigil in the intensive care unit included longtime love Ryan O'Neal, who has been with the one-time sex symbol constantly since she was hospitalized two weeks ago.

Mela Murphy, Farrah's friend and hairdresser of 18 years, and close pal and fellow actress Alana Stewart were also said to be with Fawcett.

"There was a moment last week when she was supposed to be released and was going home," a source close to Fawcett told People.com. "But things changed."

The actress was diagnosed with cancer in 2006 and her fight for survival was chronicled in the NBC documentary, "Farrah's Story."

Ryan, 68, was hoping she would recover enough for them to tie the knot.

"I've asked her to marry me again, and she's agreed," he told Barbara Walters for a "2-0/20" interview scheduled to air tomorrow.

"Farrah is fighting for her life. But we will wed as soon as she can say yes. Maybe we can just nod her head.

"I promise you, we will. Absolutely."

Ryan says he has never felt the need to marry his long-term love until now.

They have one son together, 24-year-old Redmond O'Neal.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/06/24/2009-06-24_family_friends_gather_at_farrah_fawcetts_bedside_at_health_worsens_reports_say.html#ixzz0JQB2S9TZ&C

Farrah Fawcett -- Grim Reports
Posted Jun 24th 2009 8:07PM by TMZ Staff

Farrah Fawcett is reportedly close to death.

Numerous reports have surfaced that family members are gathering for their final goodbyes.

Farrah's health has been deteriorating ever since she was diagnosed with anal cancer three years ago.

We just spoke to Farrah's rep, who would only tell us, "She continues to be treated for her condition
http://www.tmz.com/2009/06/24/farrah-fawcett-grim-reports/

Some reports are stating that she received her last rites last night, she is reportedly a devout Catholic

We all know her from Charlie's Angels & that "big hair" but my favorite memory of her was a stellar performance in the movie "The Burning Bed." 

(Edit to change Subject Line to add "Passed On")
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:29:13 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 03:04:04 AM »

an angelic monkey That is so sad.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:05:12 AM »

For my Sister Farrah

Dear God:

The person whom I am asking a prayer of 
is my Sister, she is Strong, Wise and Loving.

Help her live her life to the fullest.
Please promote her and
cause her to excel above her expectations.

Help her shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love.

Protect her at all times, lift her up when she needs you the most,
and
let her know when she walks with you,
She will always be safe.

Why I send this prayer to Farrah is because I understand her Health issues as my own- I have never been diagnosed with anal cancer yet have had 12 operations within the same area as Farrah- God Bless her, I so know sigh.

Why I write this prayer within SM - I beg all my Monkeys if you have issues within your digestive system and or to be so blunt " bowel habits and or lack of" please do not ignore your body crying out for help and let embarrassment come between you and a Doctor.  Its so not worth it.

For My Ms Farrah - I love You   an angelic monkey

For my Monkeys - Listen to your Bodies, your body does talk to you. Don't let it go so far that your pain becomes your Normal .. and then when your body SCREAMS after years of whispers in your ear " somethings not right" ... its too late.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »

so very sad for Farrah..she has suffered a lot in her illness...I wish that she could make it, but sadly it doesn't seem that it will happen..I am glad that her true love, Ryan has been with her throughout her illness...he is taking this really hard...

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

JUST BREAKING:

Farrah has passed away.  Rest well Farrah you fought hard & will always be remembered  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 12:55:14 PM »

Morning monkeys

O/T  Farrah Fawcett has passed away
Thanks, at least her suffering is over  an angelic monkey Now I hope Redmond straightens out his life for his mom's sake.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 01:00:44 PM »

Morning monkeys

Thanks, at least her suffering is over  an angelic monkey Now I hope Redmond straightens out his life for his mom's sake.

Me too, they were trying to get him released to be with her, doesnt appear that happened nor did Ryan get a chance to marry her judging by his released statement.   Most remember her as a pop icon, I remember her stellar performance in "The Burning Bed" a movie about domestic violence & a woman's fight to survive for herself & her child...it made an impact.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 01:03:55 PM »

Morning monkeys

I knew it was coming,I watched her documentary on tv a while back and cried my eyes out the whole time  :*(

Rest in peace Farrah

an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 01:04:44 PM »

Morning monkeys

Me too, they were trying to get him released to be with her, doesnt appear that happened nor did Ryan get a chance to marry her judging by his released statement.   Most remember her as a pop icon, I remember her stellar performance in "The Burning Bed" a movie about domestic violence & a woman's fight to survive for herself & her child...it made an impact.

And I always loved her in Charlies Angels, I'm sure TV Land will run a marathon in memory of her.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 01:05:13 PM »

Morning monkeys

Oh, my!  an angelic monkey

How sad, age 62.  I was watching Ryan in a interview this week and he said he was determined to marry her, even had the suit bought.
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 01:07:38 PM »

Morning monkeys

I believe Farrah stated that was her best role,in the Burning Bed movie.I have watched it a few times,most excellent movie for sure.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »

Her son, Redman has a hearing at 1:30 pacific time to discuss his release from jail on drug charges so he can be with family, they were trying to achieve this before she passed.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 01:15:14 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/25/AR2009062501971.html?hpid=topnews

Farrah Fawcett, 62, golden-haired sex symbol of the late 1970s most remembered for her appearance on bedroom posters and the detective series "Charlie's Angels" and who later found a niche portraying troubled women in made-for-television dramas, died today at a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., of cancer.

Ms. Fawcett was a Texas-born college dropout who parlayed success as a model for toiletries such as Ultra Brite toothpaste and Wella Balsam shampoo into a viable acting career.

Still a relative unknown, she achieved two iconic roles at the same time in 1976. On Wednesday nights, she was Jill Munroe, the blond Angel on the ABC detective drama produced by Aaron Spelling. The rest of the week, she was the star attraction on a poster that sold a record 12 million copies. Haloed by the curls of her impossibly buoyant curly hair, wearing a red swimsuit that left little to the imagination, she entered the dreams of adolescent boys everywhere and brought women into hair salons to copy her style.

Thanks to her radiant sexuality, Ms. Fawcett became the breakout star of "Charlie's Angels," appearing in such suggestive episodes as "Angels in Chains," where she and her beautiful co-detectives -- played by Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith -- went undercover on a chain gang. The show's tone led to its nickname: "Jiggle TV."

As Ms. Fawcett said, "When the show was number three, I figured it was our acting. When it got to be number one, I decided it could only be because none of us wears a bra."

In 1973, she married Lee Majors, soon to star in "The Six Million Dollar Man," and acquired the name she would use in the "Charlie's Angels" title sequence, Farrah Fawcett-Majors.

She left "Charlie's Angels" after one season to pursue a movie career and immediately was served with a lawsuit from Spelling and producer Leonard Goldberg for breach of contract, which was resolved only when she agreed to make a series of guest appearances on the show over its next several seasons.

Meanwhile, Ms. Fawcett appeared in an unsuccessful star vehicle, "Somebody Killed Her Husband," a 1978 film with Jeff Bridges known in the industry as Somebody Killed Her Career. She also was Burt Reynolds's love interest in the comedy "The Cannonball Run" (1981).

But it was in made-for-television movies that she began reinventing herself, often to critical acclaim.

Washington Post television critic Tom Shales wrote of Ms. Fawcett's "strenuous and superb performance" playing a battered wife out for revenge in "The Burning Bed" (1984). She found a niche as vulnerable women in troubled or abusive relationships, such as "Extremities" (1986) and "Small Sacrifices" (1989).

She also portrayed photographer Margaret Bourke-White, Nazi hunter Beate Klarsfeld and heiress Barbara Hutton in made-for-television productions.

Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett was born Feb. 2, 1947, in Corpus Christi, where her father started a pipeline construction company. She was an art major at the University of Texas at Austin and began modeling for a local clothing store. She was voted one of the 10 most beautiful women on campus, and Hollywood publicist David Mirisch urged her to quit school for a career in show business.

At first reluctant to leave college, she met with almost immediate success as a model and received guest roles on television shows such as "I Dream of Jeannie" and "The Partridge Family" and films including "Myra Breckinridge" (1970) and "Logan's Run" (1976). She also appeared with her then-husband, Majors, on "The Six Million Dollar Man" and on other shows produced by Goldberg and Spelling before "Charlie's Angels" made her a national name.

Her marriage to Majors also foundered, and she began a long relationship with actor Ryan O'Neal, with whom she had a son, Redmond. Survivors include her son, whose drug use was well documented by tabloids in recent years.

Starting in the 1990s, she attempted to recapture her status as a sex symbol. She underwent plastic surgery and appeared nude in Playboy photo shoots as well as a 1997 Playboy video called "All of Me."

That same year, she turned in a memorable supporting performance as the wife of Robert Duvall's philandering minister in "The Apostle." Critic Kenneth Turan of the Los Angeles Times praised her by noting how she disappeared convincingly into the role, adding she was "surprising" and "gaunt, almost unrecognizable."

Mostly she was followed by the tabloids for her troubled personal life, including several accounts of domestic abuse by boyfriends. She also appeared incoherent as a guest on "The Late Show With David Letterman" in 1997.

In 2005, she was once again the star of her own show, "Chasing Farrah," a reality-style program on the channel TVLand that followed her life with cameras. It was quickly overshadowed by her diagnosis with cancer the following September. At the end of 2007, she announced plans to reunite with the videographer of "Chasing Farrah" to televise her cancer battle in another documentary, "A Wing and a Prayer."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »

Morning monkeys

I believe Farrah stated that was her best role,in the Burning Bed movie.I have watched it a few times,most excellent movie for sure.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/25/obit.fawcett/index.html

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.