April 19, 2024, 06:55:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Farrah Fawcett 1947- 2009  (Read 15428 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

Maybe the one in "News of the Day" I started can be meshed or I guess deleted

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »

One Hell of a battle....RIP my friend, RIP.  Crying or Very sad

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:55:49 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 01:29:47 PM »

Capp~  I can merge them.  I made a thread for her because it may cut down on the OT, and not sure how many here go to "News of the Day".  Some posters may want to go there and give their thoughts and condolences.  And it is also easier to locate for some that may want to find it later.    By giving Farrah Fawcett her own thread under movies and television, it is also (to me) a way of giving her respect.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

Capp~  I can merge them.  I made a thread for her because it may cut down on the OT, and not sure how many here go to "News of the Day".  Some posters may want to go there and give their thoughts and condolences.  And it is also easier to locate for some that may want to find it later.    By giving Farrah Fawcett her own thread under movies and television, it is also (to me) a way of giving her respect.

Of course & appropriate, just recognized it made no sense to have two threads

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »

Morning monkeys

O/T  Farrah Fawcett has passed away
Thanks, at least her suffering is over  an angelic monkey Now I hope Redmond straightens out his life for his mom's sake.

Me too, they were trying to get him released to be with her, doesnt appear that happened nor did Ryan get a chance to marry her judging by his released statement.   Most remember her as a pop icon, I remember her stellar performance in "The Burning Bed" a movie about domestic violence & a woman's fight to survive for herself & her child...it made an impact.

O/T: Her documentary was the single most emotional piece of film I have ever seen. My husband has forbid me to watch it again, but it is truly a testament to her courageous fight. I had her hair when I was in like 8th grade and could not get my Barbie head to do it so I threw it out. Sad.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »

RIP Farrah, you were a very courageous woman. I will always remember you from Charlies Angels. Who didn't want to have your figure and hair and wonderful personality.  an angelic monkey God bless your family and friends.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 02:05:51 PM »

LOS ANGELES -- Farrah Fawcett has died after a long battle with cancer.

Fawcett, 62, died at St. John's Medical Center in Santa Monica at 9:28 a.m. Thursday morning with her longtime love, Ryan O'Neal, and her friend Alana Stewart by her side. O'Neal told reporters waiting outside the hospital this morning only that "she's gone."

O'Neal later released this statement:

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away. Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."
  an angelic monkey

Her death brings an end to a 3 year battle with anal cancer which later spread to her liver.
http://www.myfox8.com/ktla-farrah-fawcett-obit,0,6721350.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 02:57:47 PM »

Her long-time partner Ryan O'Neal told People magazine Thursday, "She's gone. She now belongs to the ages ... She's now with her mother and sister and her God. I loved her with all my heart. I will miss her so very, very much. She was in and out of consciousness. I talked to her all through the night. I told her how very much I loved her. She's in a better place now."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/FarrahFawcett/story?id=7928804&page=1
Farrah Fawcett: Jaclyn Smith, Fellow 'Charlie's Angel,' Pays Tribute
Exclusive: Actress Tells Barbara Walters Fawcett's Legacy Will Be One of Love

By ALAN B. GOLDBERG and KATIE N. THOMSON
June 25, 2009
Actress Farrah Fawcett, who lost her battle to cancer Thursday at the age of 62, shot to stardom as one of "Charlie's Angels" in the 1970s hit television show, becoming a cultural icon.
Friend and fellow angel Jaclyn Smith opened up about Fawcett's struggle for her life, as part of a special edition of "20/20" to air TONIGHT at 10 p.m.

"She had an unrelentless capacity to fight this disease," Smith told Walters.

Smith and Fawcett, along with Kate Jackson, played the three undercover, underclothed crime fighters on the 1976 hit "Charlie's Angels."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »

I always thought Farrah was more then just a pretty face.

I loved her serious portrayl in the Burning Bed movie.  I also remember many people specualted at that time she was driven to make this movie and a statement for abused women because her first husband Lee Majors had physically abused her.  Never was proven as fact..but it certainly seems that was very much the case from interviews prior to that time and Lee's lack of comments and help during her last years.

RIP Farrah..now you are truly an angel..and I hope your work on alternative cancer treatments is picked up by some Hollywood stars and pushed....because you were trying to show us that there were other options that were better..but not available in America yet.  You go girl.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 06:55:09 PM »

Actress Farrah Fawcett Dead at 62
Thursday, June 25, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529080,00.html?test=faces

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 09:09:43 PM »

FF was an outstanding 'serious' actress...many moments I remember, but the following 3 were outstanding.

Small Sacrifices (1989) (TV) .... played Diane Downs
The Burning Bed (1984) (TV) .... Francine Hughes
Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story (1987) (TV) .... Barbara Hutton

If any of you have never witnessed her 'serious' side, you must. I would also suggest you watch her finale.....
"Farrah's Story," the documentary that detailed her courageous battle ...

I will miss her

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »

RIP FARRAH..AND TO HER DEAR DAD..I BELIEVE HE IS 90 YEARS OLD..GOD BLESS YOU.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 11:58:24 PM »

Farrah was an incredible actress - for some reason when you look at her you can't help but smile her beauty was more than skin deep.  God Bless you Farrah.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 09:14:42 AM »

Rest in Peace, Farrah. She left this world a better place. She loved and was loved. She fought a painful, brave and courageous battle.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 12:20:33 PM »

She will be missed...it is quite shocking that she is really gone..even though I knew that it was coming of course...especially after watching her documentary of her illness...she was very brave...
I hope that her only son, Redmond straightens his life out now as she and Ryan wanted...that would be his greatest gift to her...however, I have my doubts that he will be able to...
also, I am hoping that she had some sortof trust set up for her son rather than him inheriting all of her wealth to blow on drugs...sad case...mother loving son beyond all else...he lost his way it seems...it must be sad for him to not have been with his mom in her final hours...

Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »

Farrah Fawcett's Son Remained in Jail as She Died of Cancer

Redmond O'Neal, the son of Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal, was not at his mother's bedside in her final days. The 24-year old remained behind bars in California as his mother succumbed to cancer Thursday.

According to a source, Fawcett's family was expected to ask for Redmond to be released from jail when they thought the 62-year-old actress was near death, but the LAPD earlier this week said no such request had been made and Redmond O'Neal had yet to receive a temporary discharge.

“As of right now, there has been no request to release Redmond so he remains in jail,” a representative from the Los Angeles Police Department said Thursday morning following the news of Fawcett’s death. “He was only released one time a while ago to appear in his mother's documentary.”

“If they get a request, then it is possible that he may be released because it has happened,” added the representative. “Loved ones are released during time of a loved one's passing, i.e. mother or father, only if court approves.”

"All things considered, he is doing all right," the LAPD representative said Thursday. “He was notified by a chaplain, and he is still being counseled by the chaplain."

Redmond O'Neal has been jailed since April 5, when he was allegedly caught with heroin at a jail facility north of Los Angeles. It is believed that the last opportunity he had to see his mother was for three hours in April following a request from his attorney. A source close to Redmond said he will “most likely” be released to attend the funeral.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529093,00.html

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSTRE55L4FR20090627
Farrah Fawcett funeral set for Tuesday in L.A
Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:41am EDT
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A private funeral for actress Farrah Fawcett will be held at the Catholic cathedral of Los Angeles next Tuesday, church officials said on Friday.

The service for the former "Charlie's Angels" actress will take place at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels at 4 p.m. PDT (1900 EDT).

Fawcett, 62, died on Thursday after suffering a long and public battle with anal cancer.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »

Redmond O'Neal able to attend mom Farrah Fawcett's funeral
June 29, 10:26 AM

Redmond O'Neal, Farrah Fawcett's son, will be able to attend her funeral tomorrow and will not have to wear prison attire.  He will be able to wear a suit to pay his respects to his mom.  Redmond, who is serving time in prison for a parole violation, did not get to be at his mom's side when she passed away.

The funeral is set for Tuesday afternoon.  It will be a private funeral held at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels at 4pm PDT in Los Angeles. Rest in Peace Farrah Fawcett.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5186-Celebrity-Families-Examiner~y2009m6d29-Redmond-Oneal-able-to-attend-mom-Farrah-Fawcetts-funeral
 an angelic monkey  Rest well Angel

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »

Redmond O'Neal able to attend mom Farrah Fawcett's funeral
June 29, 10:26 AM

Redmond O'Neal, Farrah Fawcett's son, will be able to attend her funeral tomorrow and will not have to wear prison attire.  He will be able to wear a suit to pay his respects to his mom.  Redmond, who is serving time in prison for a parole violation, did not get to be at his mom's side when she passed away.

The funeral is set for Tuesday afternoon.  It will be a private funeral held at the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels at 4pm PDT in Los Angeles. Rest in Peace Farrah Fawcett.

http://www.examiner.com/x-5186-Celebrity-Families-Examiner~y2009m6d29-Redmond-Oneal-able-to-attend-mom-Farrah-Fawcetts-funeral
 an angelic monkey  Rest well Angel

good...I am glad that he will be able to attend his mothers funeral...
he is a troubled young man but it isn't like he is in jail for murder or being an SO...I dont' think that he is a danger to society by attending his mom's funeral jmo...

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.