March 28, 2024, 07:29:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #62  (Read 369197 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1120 on: November 18, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »

This chart shows a mitochondrial DNA match between the hair found in the trunk (Q12.1 -- Caylee's) and a sample from Casey. Mother and child match. And the hair in the trunk showed signs of death. So, we can exclude Casey.   

(I know this stuff is old, monkeys. But I am doing this to make myself feel better. To remind myself of the facts.)

I remember you, Caylee.
Tootietoot
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1121 on: November 18, 2008, 11:40:51 AM »

Does anyone know what was Kasey bought at JC Pennys with Cindy's credit card??
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1122 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:17 AM »

Notes on the death penalty and Florida juries
Rick Freedman, a criminal defense attorney in Miami, e-mailed to say that I made a mistake about Florida law on Wednesday night's (March 7, 2006) "360." He's right.

In discussing the upcoming penalty phase in the trial of John Couey, I said that Florida law required juries to be unanimous to impose a death sentence. In fact, Florida is the only state in the country that allows the death penalty to be imposed by a majority vote of the jury; it also allows a judge to override a jury's determination, though the judge is supposed to give great weight to the jury's determination.

This is a controversial and fast-changing area of the law. In the 2002 case of Ring v. Arizona, the Supreme Court said that trial judges alone, without the input of a jury, could not impose the death penalty. All the other states which have the death penalty (and the federal government) have complied with that ruling by holding that a valid death sentence can only come from a unanimous jury finding.

In a recent case, the Florida Supreme Court took the unusual step of asking the state legislature to change the law, writing, "The bottom line is that Florida is now the only state in the country that allows the death penalty to be imposed . . . by a mere majority vote." The Florida legislature hasn't acted -- yet. And the U.S. Supreme Court may yet decide that the juries have to be unanimous in death penalty decisions. Still, for the moment at least, Rick Freedman's point is valid: it will only take a majority vote of the jury, with the trial judge's concurrence, to sentence Couey to death.

Anyone interested in the death penalty should check out the Web site of the Death Penalty Information Center -- www.deathpenaltyinfo.org -- which contains an extraordinary amount of information on the subject.
Posted By Jeffrey Toobin, CNN Senior Legal Analyst: 2:53 PM ET

Thanks for posting this info!  I didn't know about the majority vote for the death penalty in Florida.  I did look it up in the current Florida statutes and it hasn't been changed yet.  I'm quoting the part pertaining to this below:

Chapter 921.141  Sentence of death or life imprisonment for capital felonies; further proceedings to determine sentence.--
(3)  FINDINGS IN SUPPORT OF SENTENCE OF DEATH.--Notwithstanding the recommendation of a majority of the jury, the court, after weighing the aggravating and mitigating circumstances, shall enter a sentence of life imprisonment or death, but if the court imposes a sentence of death, it shall set forth in writing its findings upon which the sentence of death is based as to the facts:

(a)  That sufficient aggravating circumstances exist as enumerated in subsection (5), and

(b)  That there are insufficient mitigating circumstances to outweigh the aggravating circumstances.

http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0921/ch0921.htm

I didn't either Pebbles! Majority jury decision! Think the defense will beg for a change of venue!???
That's a very good question.  I don't know the laws on the change of venue but I wouldn't think they could move the trial to another state since the crime was committed in Florida.  Do you have any info on change of venue?

if someone hasn't already posted by now, I'll see what i can find! Sorry, for the late response, my 3 yr. granddaughter is here! Need i say more! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1123 on: November 18, 2008, 11:42:44 AM »

What is it with this Sean Krause guy?  Kathi Belich is the troublemaker?  Goodness, he is an idiot!

Dennis Milstead & Kid Finder Network: The Real Issues
Posted by Sean Krause on November 17th, 2008 No Comments Printer-Friendly
Many are quick to point out Dennis Milstead’s police record, having been arrested for impersonating a police officer and for assault, and then blacklist him & KFN. Yes, it is very important that all parties are up front & honest with this case.

Unfortunately, the public perception seems to be go after the one who is helping the Anthony family versus who is looking out for themselves.

Much the same as anyone else in society, they’ve paid their debt, he served his time, and is helping. WFTV’s Kathi Belich’s doesn’t contribute anything, she is a trouble maker.

Why doesn’t Belich go after the real criminals, such as Gale St. John? Why pick and choose the isolated case of Milstead. Belich simply doesn’t like the Anthony’s so she chooses to go after Milstead because of his record.

Milstead served his time, Gale St. John is still out there, pandering for solicitations and yet the mainstream media ignores those who are doing wrong and I shake my head in disgust.

Milstead may not be an angel but as many were quick to point out regarding Padilla, he’s helping. Kid Finder Network is helping find Caylee, as many people are. Accept it and move on, the tabloid bullshit reporting from Belich instead of focusing on the true case at hand tells me the media will simply report on anything.

I don’t agree with Milstead’s past but he’s done nothing wrong with this case and many are quick to point the finger and cast him off the island. Before others judge Milstead, get Gale St. John off the street and call her out on the IRS fraud she committed and then report it. Not tabloid trash, reserve that for the National Enquirer.

-

John Morgan, the attorney for Zanieda Gonzalez, wants to do a deposition with Casey Anthony. Morgan is a nut, ZG hasn’t suffered at all, as she has worked off the books and continues to collect Social Security. How is she suffering? God, ZG is not a victim, she’s an oppertunist, plain and simple. Why isn’t the ZG’s of the U.S. going after Casey, it amazes me that the lawsuit is even continuing.

http://thedailybs.com/news/?p=1976

Lisa

What is Sean Krause connection to Dennis Milstead?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1124 on: November 18, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »

Klaas...I'm sorry, please remove my post about Natalie..as usual, I'm way behind you guys and should have known that this was posted in the other thread 

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1125 on: November 18, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »

I would love to see NG ask Kobi or Lee what the percentage chance of the decomp being human would be. I'm guessing that it is akin to the DNA test percentage that you mentioned, particularly since the report showed human decomp as opposed to animal decomp.

Me too. It would be a better use of time than repeating things over and over such as snippets of the LE interviews. I'd love to see her roll her sleeves up and go through this stuff with someone who is NOT working for the defense.

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1126 on: November 18, 2008, 11:45:50 AM »

O/T In case anyone didn't see this

Tips renew hopes of solving Holloway case
Authorities in Aruba say they're looking into new evidence that could lead to an arrest 3½ years after Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway disappeared on a senior class trip to the island. The lead prosecutor told CNN police again consider Dutch student Joran van der Sloot to be the prime suspect. CNN.com and Nancy Grace are working together to bring fresh eyes to cold cases. full story

Thank you Sea. AND THANK GOD!!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1127 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:02 AM »

Thank you Janet   smooch

And I thought I read Sean Krause is a friend of Cindy's??? Or is that only another rumor?

I remember you, Caylee.
Golden Oldie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1128 on: November 18, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »

Good morning monkeys.

I've been peaking-in off and on for the past few days, but didn't post as there really wasn't much to add.

Something I think needs to be considered.  IMO, the majority of the people out there have only heard bits and pieces of the pro-Anthony propaganda.  Those of us who tune-in on the internet are very much in the minority.  In a huge nutshell, there is so much going against the A's that people are not aware of.  Can anyone think of some way to get one of the major networks (help increase their ratings) to go with all of the crap the A's have been and are trying to pull and who all they're involved with?  

Guess my thought is that somehow, the general public needs to be made aware of the circus family and their associates.  Maybe I'm just stretching my "wishing" too far.

Gotta go.  Friends from out-of-town are coming-in soon.

Have a great day.

"Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1129 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:57 AM »

Klaas...I'm sorry, please remove my post about Natalie..as usual, I'm way behind you guys and should have known that this was posted in the other thread 

No, it's fine you posted it here. 
Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1130 on: November 18, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »

I didn't either Pebbles! Majority jury decision! Think the defense will beg for a change of venue!???
[/quote]
That's a very good question.  I don't know the laws on the change of venue but I wouldn't think they could move the trial to another state since the crime was committed in Florida.  Do you have any info on change of venue?
[/quote]

if someone hasn't already posted by now, I'll see what i can find! Sorry, for the late response, my 3 yr. granddaughter is here! Need i say more! 
[/quote]
That is perfectly ok about not having an answer.  I'll do some checking and post later if I have any luck.  Spending time with your granddaughter is more important. Lucky you! I'm still waiting on my kids to get married to have me a grandchild.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: November 18, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »

Is there anyone that knows this about Florida law.  If LE and FBI has PROOF that Caylee is dead, can't they consider what George and Cindy are doing to be a scam and shut the operation down. In any other circumstance they would if just any regular person started getting funds for frivolous reasons, they have the ability to shut it down and maybe even take legal action to make them pay the money back to those swindled out of their money under false pretenses.

If LE or the FBI know Caylee is truly dead and have *proof*,would not the defense also know?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1132 on: November 18, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »

Good Morning, I have a question. When Dr.Lee was talking about maggots and insects, are they in the trunk laying around dead, if they are alive I don't understand how that could be, after this amount of time and testing. I know this sounds dumb, but I just had to ask, trying to figure this out.
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #1133 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:09 PM »

Good morning monkeys.

I've been peaking-in off and on for the past few days, but didn't post as there really wasn't much to add.

Something I think needs to be considered.  IMO, the majority of the people out there have only heard bits and pieces of the pro-Anthony propaganda.  Those of us who tune-in on the internet are very much in the minority.  In a huge nutshell, there is so much going against the A's that people are not aware of.  Can anyone think of some way to get one of the major networks (help increase their ratings) to go with all of the crap the A's have been and are trying to pull and who all they're involved with?  

Guess my thought is that somehow, the general public needs to be made aware of the circus family and their associates.  Maybe I'm just stretching my "wishing" too far.

Gotta go.  Friends from out-of-town are coming-in soon.

Have a great day.

I think the best way to remove a weed, is to pull it from the roots... Channel 9 seems to be going hard at these roots (KF) and I think more will follow..

There's a video link here somewhere of this..back a couple of pages

You have a great day too !

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

PEBBLES:

47.101  Change of venue; application.--

(1)  If a party desires a change of venue he or she may move therefor stating the belief that he or she will not receive a fair trial in the court where the action is pending:

(a)  Because the adverse party has an undue influence over the minds of the inhabitants of the county.

(b)  Because movant is so odious to the inhabitants of the county that he or she could not receive a fair trial.

(2)  Such motion shall be verified and filed not less than 10 days after the action is at issue unless good cause is shown for failure to so file. It shall set forth the facts on which the motion is based and be supported by affidavits of at least two reputable citizens of the county not of kin to the defendant or his or her attorney.

History.--s. 37, Nov. 23, 1828; RS 1079; GS 1471; s. 10, ch. 7838; s. 2, ch. 7852, 1919; RGS 2670; CGL 4337; s. 3, ch. 67-254; s. 11, ch. 73-334; s. 267, ch. 95-147.

Phaedrus
sleepyhead
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1135 on: November 18, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »

Snipped form Doc's post (Thank you Doc) 

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Lee Anthony <leeaanthony@gmail.com> wrote:
[cc email addresses withheld]

If you thought for a half a second that I or either of my parents would not have taken down whatever you had put up in reference to something untrue as to my neice, you are being played for a fool by "law enforcement" and anyone else of their ilk. Tim Miller is disgusting for reasons that will be addressed at a later time. Don't even get me started on the bounty hunter.

On behalf of Caylee's entire family, show her some respect and put your attention or any efforts on how you can spread the word to help find her because she is alive and missing. If you can't come to terms with that, then she, nor anyone else, doesn't need your help!

Don't get me wrong, I have tons of respect for people's kind hearts and wanting to do what they feel. However, to believe something with no basis in reality is just foolish in my opinion. Of course, you can enjoy your opinion as well.

Take care.

-Lee

Dear Lee,
1. So, the family admittedly removed (stole) the flowers, etc. Thanks for admitting what we already knew. Untrue? No, Lee. That's everything that comes out of your family's mouths -- with the notable exception of some parts of the 911 call and early police interviews, i.e. "smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

2. A man who lost his daughter and has dedicated his life to selflessly and tirelessly searching for the missing is disgusting? No, Lee. You are disgusting. A family that covers for Casey at the expense of justice for a child is disgusting. A family that will not allow that little girl the dignity of a proper burial is disgusting. Don't even get me started on you and your family of liars. To my knowledge, neither Padilla nor Miller have ever murdered a child or covered up for a child murderer. So whatever faults they may have pale in comparison to those of you and your family.

3. On behalf of Caylee, show her some respect and give her a proper burial. Stop lying for your sister who obviously killed Caylee. Start being decent human beings. Better late than never.

4. Who is living in fantasy land? Not us, Lee. It's you and your family, or so you'd have us believe. Deny-all and denial are not the same. We are not foolish, nor are we fools.

Take care, Lee, and try to develop some human decency while you're at it.

goodnmad ... GREAT RESPONSE!!!

Janet

Someone also needs to tell Lee to go back and get an education. His writing/grammar is awful.  The whole Anthony family couldn't write a proper letter if their life depended on it.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1136 on: November 18, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »

Good Morning, I have a question. When Dr.Lee was talking about maggots and insects, are they in the trunk laying around dead, if they are alive I don't understand how that could be, after this amount of time and testing. I know this sounds dumb, but I just had to ask, trying to figure this out.

The part about insects is what grabbed my attention.I expected to hear flies and maggots period..Where would the others come from?A mosquito,ok but insects?

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: November 18, 2008, 12:07:52 PM »

ALL FLORIDA CHANGE OF VENUE INFO IS HERE:

http://law.justia.com/florida/codes/TitleVI/ch0047.html

Phaedrus
guideposts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1138 on: November 18, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »

Our we tying to hide our badge, that looks strangely like a police badge?

http://www.wftv.com/

Would someone please do a side-by-side comparison photo of the photo posted of the Milsteads on stage in their orange matching shirts and the photo above.  I'm trying to see if it's the same woman.  THANKS!
Pebbles
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1139 on: November 18, 2008, 12:10:17 PM »

PEBBLES:

47.101  Change of venue; application.--

(1)  If a party desires a change of venue he or she may move therefor stating the belief that he or she will not receive a fair trial in the court where the action is pending:

(a)  Because the adverse party has an undue influence over the minds of the inhabitants of the county.

(b)  Because movant is so odious to the inhabitants of the county that he or she could not receive a fair trial.

(2)  Such motion shall be verified and filed not less than 10 days after the action is at issue unless good cause is shown for failure to so file. It shall set forth the facts on which the motion is based and be supported by affidavits of at least two reputable citizens of the county not of kin to the defendant or his or her attorney.

History.--s. 37, Nov. 23, 1828; RS 1079; GS 1471; s. 10, ch. 7838; s. 2, ch. 7852, 1919; RGS 2670; CGL 4337; s. 3, ch. 67-254; s. 11, ch. 73-334; s. 267, ch. 95-147.

Thank you!  I think it will have to stay in Florida.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.