April 19, 2024, 06:04:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nadia Kersh, 23 missing 11/3/08 HomeWood AL  (Read 25930 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 10:30:51 AM »

Good morning George and welcome to Scared Monkeys.

Thank you for letting us know the police are still looking for Nadia Kersh and haven't closed the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
George
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 10:46:20 AM »

Hello MuffyBee,

Yeh, I heard the police are still working on leads.  Everthing is hush, hush.  I think they don't want the public to know so they can work without interference.  I hope they find something.  I feel for the family.  It's been a long time and that's not a good sign.  I know they have a website.  I haven't tried to email them yet.  Has anyone?  Here's the link www.helpfindnadia.com if you want to check it out.

George

an angelic monkey
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 11:07:57 AM »

Hi George,  welcome to SM! I read back on all of the information on Nadia (there sure wasn't much  ) and also visited the website for her.  It sure seems like she sure has a lot of people still looking for her and my heart goes out to her parents and child.  I was very frustrated to read that in the beginning they said they had an arrest forthcoming and now it is 8 months and still nothing even with $45,000 reward.  I hope they are keeping everything close to their vests. 

Praying for Nadia!

Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
George
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »

an angelic monkey

Hello everyone,

I saw the Kersh family raised $10,000 toward the reward money to help them find Nadia.  The reward is at $55,000 now.  I hope this will bring in more information.  I heard rumor they were close to an arrest and that they just needed a piece of the puzzle to know the whole story of what happened to her.  I heard she had some strange friends.  Maybe one of them knows something.  Has anyone heard anything???

George
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 10:41:06 PM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=10745329
Reward increased for information on Nadia Kersh
Posted: Jul 17, 2009 1:28 PM Updated: Jul 17, 2009 2:07 PM

Nadia Kersh

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - The family of Nadia Kersh announced Friday they had increased the reward for information that would solve her disappearance last year.

In a news conference Friday, Homewood police said the family had added $10,000 to the reward, bringing the total reward to $55,000.

Nadia Kersh disappeared November 3, 2008, after leaving her job at the Tria Market in Homewood for lunch.  She never returned, and friends and family became concerned after she never picked up her son from daycare.

Her car was found on November 4 in west Birmingham, and three days later, her purse was found discarded on railroad tracks in West Birmingham.

If you have any information on this case, you are asked to contact the Homewood Police Department at (205) 322-6204.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 10:44:51 PM »

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0709/641682.html?ref=641682
Nadia Kersh's Disappearance: 9 Months Later
07/18/09 9:40 pm   |   reporter: Ana Jasen   producer: Ana Jasen
Homewood, AL - Friends of Nadia Kersh try and keep her name alive and the search for her active.

"I don't ever want it to die out either and if we do, then nothing will ever be done," says Donna Knall, Nadia's good friend.

The 23 year-old single mom, from Homewood, vanished eight and a half months ago. While working at Homewood's Tria Market, which has since closed, co-workers say Nadia left during lunchtime to go pick up her one year-old son, Christopher. She was never seen again. She would have turned 24 years-old Saturday, July 18th
Somebody has done something to a friend of mine, a precious young girl and I would really like them to get this person," says Knall.

Homewood Police say they believe the original suspect, who had a romantic relationship with Nadia, is responsible for foul play. But while they say they have strong evidence in the case, it's not enough to make an arrest. That's frustrating news for Nadia's loved ones.

"If you ever do anything bad it comes out sooner or later. But I wish it was sooner," says Knall.

Donna has participated in searches and organized vigils. She's even set up a college fund for Christopher, who's been living with one of Nadia's friends.

"Christopher's doing great. He is growing just unbelievable. He's just cute as a button," says Knall.

It's in that little boy's name Donna continues to try and ease the pain by making sure Nadia isn't forgotten.

"Nadia's still fresh in everybody's mind and I want it to always be like that," says Knall.

Nadia's family raised the reward in their daughter's case by $10,000 Friday. That now makes a total of $55,000 dollars for information leading to an arrest.
(There is also a video to watch if you click on the link at the top)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 09:13:58 PM »

New Facebook page set up for Nadia

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=10069&uid=146464708068#/group.php?gid=146464708068

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
George
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 07:18:16 AM »

Hello MuffyBee,

Did you know there is a new Facebook link set up for the search for Nadia Kersh?  Apparently the person who set it up realized there was no activity on her old Facebook account and so set up her own.  She doesn't even know Nadia but wants to help find her "little sister".  The account has only been up a few days and it already has over 60 members. I hope this will bring renewed interest to the case and let the family know we are still thinking of Nadia.

George an angelic monkey
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 05:30:44 AM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2009/11/vigil_set_to_mark_anniversary.html

Vigil set to mark anniversary of Nadia Kersh disappearance
By Carol Robinson -- The Birmingham News
November 03, 2009, 11:05AM
A candlelight vigil will be held tonight to mark the one-year disappearance of Nadia Kersh.

Kersh, a 23-year-old mother, vanished Nov. 3, 2008. She was last seen leaving her job at Tria Market in Homewood. She failed to pick up her young son from day care.

Her car was later found in west Birmingham. Over the past year, investigators, volunteers and private search companies have scoured the western portion of the city but her disappearance remains a mystery.

Police still believe their original suspect, a man acquainted with Kersh, is responsible for foul play in the case, said Homewood Deputy Chief Bob Copus. A $55,000 reward remains in place.

The vigil will be held at 7 p.m. on the SOHO Plaza in front of Homewood City Hall. Family, friends, search teams and Kersh's mother will attend. Law enforcement officials will also update their investigation.

"We want to keep pressure on the people involved," Copus said this morning. "We want them to know we're not forgetting about them. They're still under the gun."
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »

Thank you George and linds for the updates.   There's a video at the link below.

http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local/article/family_friends_remember_nadia_kersh_on_anniversary_of_disappearance/106057/
Monday, November 9, 2009
Family, friends remember Nadia Kersh on anniversary of disappearance
HOMEWOOD, Ala—Family, friends and police officers gathered to remember a missing Homewood woman and to help keep her case in the spotlight.

Nadia Kersh was last seen one year ago this week.

The 23-year-old mother of a young son left her job at the former Tria Market for lunch last November third and was never seen again.

Tuesday night at a candlelight vigil, Nadia’s mother asked for people with information to come forward to help her family get closure.

“There are small pieces that are missing from this puzzle and those pieces are much needed.  There are people who have seen things and they might think they’re insignificant but it could be a major break,” Nancy Kersh said.

Homewood Police say they have a good case against a suspect, but they want to find Nadia to strengthen that case even more.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 08:22:45 AM »

adding photo without glasses

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/05/arrest_made_by_homewood_police.html
Arrest made by Homewood police in 2008 Nadia Kersh disappearance
By Kent Faulk -- The Birmingham News
May 04, 2010, 8:24AM

Volunteers and Homewood police searched along Lakeshore Drive for any items belonging to Nadia Kersh in this 2008 photo. Jack Nix, who lives in Homewood and shops at the Tria Market where Nadia worked, joined other in searching for her. //Birmingham News photo/Linda Stelter;

A press conference is planned for 10 a.m. to announce details of the arrest, according to a statement from police this morning.

Kersh was last seen Nov. 3, 2008, when she left work at Tria Market. She did not pick up her son from day care and her car was found in west Birmingham.

Her disappearance triggered a massive search

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 10:44:59 AM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=12422256
Homewood police announce news conference on Kersh disappearance
Posted: May 04, 2010 7:55 AM CDT Updated: May 04, 2010 8:44 AM CDT
By Jason Brown

HOMEWOOD, AL (WBRC) - The Homewood Police Department has announced it will hold a news conference on Tuesday concerning the 2008 disappearance of Nadia Kersh.

Kersh went missing in November of 2008. She was last seen leaving her job at Tria Market in Homewood when she left work to pick up her child from daycare, but never made it. The next day, Kersh's abandoned car was found in west Birmingham.

The news conference has been set for 10:00 a.m.

Stay with FOX6 News and MyFoxAL.com for the latest in this case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=12423441
Homewood police announce arrest in Nadia Kersh disappearance
Posted: May 04, 2010 10:26 AM CDT Updated: May 04, 2010 10:39 AM CDT

HOMEWOOD, AL (WBRC) – The Homewood Police Department has made an arrest in the disappearance of Nadia Kersh.

In a news conference held on Tuesday, it was revealed that 27-year-old Joacquas Megauil Haywood has been arrested was charged with Kersh's murder.

Police would not disclose the nature of the relationship between Haywood and Kersh, describing them only as "acquaintances."

Kersh went missing in November of 2008. She was last seen leaving her job at Tria Market in Homewood when she left work to pick up her child from daycare, but never made it. The next day, Kersh's abandoned car was found in west Birmingham.

Haywood is currently being held in the Jefferson County Jail without bond.

Joacquas Megauil Haywood, photo: Homewood Police Department

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 02:45:39 PM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/05/jefferson_county_da_brandon_fa_1.html
Prosecuting suspect in Nadia Kersh case will be challenge without body, DA says
By William C. Singleton III -- The Birmingh...
May 04, 2010, 11:36AM

Nadia Kersh
Jefferson County District Attorney Brandon Falls said it will be challenging to prosecute the capital murder charge against Joacquas Haywood without Nadia Kersh's body.

But he said his office feels confident pursuing the case.

"I can't say that we've prosecuted one in our office," he said. "There will be significant challenges. We have done the research and have talked to prosecutors around the country who have done this. We feel confident we will be able to handle this case."

"We're going to continue to look for information," Falls said. "We're going to continue to look for Nadia."
Homewood police announced the arrest of Haywood, 27, of Irondale today. Haywood has been charged with capital murder in the death of Kersh, who was last seen Nov. 3, 2008, when she left work at Tria Market in Homewood.

Homewood Sgt. Doug Finch said police had been negotiating with Haywood and his attorney for the suspect to turn himself in, which Haywood did Monday night.

Haywood is being charged with murder during the course of second burglary -- a capital offense. Finch nor Falls would comment about the details of the case.

They identified Haywood as an acquaintance of Kersh.

Haywood is being held in the county jail without bond.

~ Peter Frampton
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:01 PM »

What is second degree burglary?  I am glad there is finally an arrest in this case.  I so had hoped she would be found.  The area they have been searching is the area my husband travels on his way to work.  He saw various searches going on during the last year.  Very sad.  Hopefully the suspect will give her family and son some closure by telling them where she is ...
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2010, 05:27:46 PM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/05/nadia_kershs_mother_says_shes.html

Now I see what the burglary thing is about. 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2010, 05:41:24 PM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2010/05/nadia_kershs_mother_says_shes.html
Nadia Kersh's mother says she's not shocked by arrest in case
By William C. Singleton III -- The Birmingh...
May 04, 2010, 3:45PM
he mother of a Homewood woman missing nearly 2 1/2 years said today she wasn't shocked to learn an Irondale man was charged with her murder.

"He has been the primary person of interest the entire time," Nancy Kersh said from her northern Virginia home.

Homewood police today announced the arrest of 27-year-old Joacquas Timothy Haywood in connection with Nadia Kersh's death after he turned himself over to police Monday night.

Haywood has been charged with capital murder because Kersh's death occurred during a burglary. Neither police nor Jefferson County District Attorney Brandon Falls, would provide details about the incident. Both said said they're confident they're dealing with a murder case even though Nadia's body has not been found.

Haywood remains in county jail on no bond.

Police say Haywood was an acquaintance of Kersh, who was 23 when last seen Nov. 3, 2008, leaving her job at Tria Market in Homewood. She failed to pick up her young son from day care.

Family, friends, former co-workers, volunteers and law enforcement held extensive searches in southwest and west Birmingham after Nadia Kersh's abandoned car was found in west Birmingham, and her purse was found on railroad tracks in a nearby wooded area.
Her mother said she didn't know the extent of her daughter's relationship with Haywood.

"She didn't tell me about him," she said. "He obviously wasn't significant in her life because she would share with me people who meant something to her."

Kersh also said she had mixed feelings about the arrest.

"On the one hand, if this man did do something awful to Nadia, this could potentially provide us more information of where she is," she said. "On the other hand, I think about him and his family, and I think about the fact that he's somebody's son, he may be somebody's brother or somebody's grandson and that family is hurting as well."

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »

What is second degree burglary?  I am glad there is finally an arrest in this case.  I so had hoped she would be found.  The area they have been searching is the area my husband travels on his way to work.  He saw various searches going on during the last year.  Very sad.  Hopefully the suspect will give her family and son some closure by telling them where she is ...

Jenn,I hope he tells where her body is too.How very sad for her family. 

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2010, 06:38:51 PM »

http://www.myfoxal.com/Global/story.asp?S=12422256
Homewood police announce news conference on Kersh disappearance
May 4, 2010

HOMEWOOD, AL (WBRC) - The Homewood Police Department has announced it will hold a news conference on Tuesday concerning the 2008 disappearance of Nadia Kersh.

The news conference has been set for 10:00 a.m.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.