March 28, 2024, 12:41:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nadia Kersh, 23 missing 11/3/08 HomeWood AL  (Read 25771 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 18, 2008, 01:48:02 PM »

From http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27777881/

WVTM-TV
updated 12:16 a.m. CT, Tues., Nov. 18, 2008
Birmingham, al - Homewood detectives searching for a missing mom say they’re getting close to cracking the case, but now they need your help. 23-year-old Nadia Kersh disappeared two weeks ago while leaving her job at Tria Market. Police are now asking the public to come help search for Kersh on Wednesday… a broad area from West Birmingham to Irondale and all points in between. So far, officers have covered small areas like Elmwood and Shadow Lawn Cemeteries in the West End, plus parts of Irondale and Lake Purdy. They’ve also been busy building a criminal case. Evidence suggests Kersh’s disappearance is likely the result of foul play

“We have strong forensic evidence. In my opinion, it will get stronger and stronger as the days go by. It will take several days or weeks to get DNA evidence back. When we do I expect it to confirm what we already know,” Sergeant Doug Finch, Homewood Police Department.

Tips have been pouring in and there’s still a $15,000 reward on the table. Finch says his department is building a solid criminal case against an Irondale man - a case that could involve federal charges. The suspect has already been detained once, but detectives didn’t have enough evidence to charge him. He’s now a free man who’s retained an attorney. “It’s hard to charge a homicide without a body,” says Finch. Friends, family and detectives are still praying this is not a murder case.... that by some miracle - Kersh will be able to come home to her one-year-old son. “It’s a tough situation because we never want to give up hope on finding Nadia - on her coming back ok. It’s been 2 weeks now and it doesn’t look good, but there’s still hope,” says Finch.

A feeling Kersh’s loved ones are refusing to let go of until they have to. Detectives have asked CSX Railroad to search all trains that were in the area two weeks ago. Kersh’s purse was found on a railroad track in West Birmingham. If you’d like to help search Wednesday, call 332-6262. Please indicate if you have any special equipment or training that would be especially helpfull

*adding photo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:57:24 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »

I wish I could get off work to go help search for this young lady tomorrow.  I have been following this in the news.  It is in my area and the pos is from Irondale and I work in that area.  Another 23 year old female went missing last weekend and they found her last night.  (deceased) It appears she may have left a local bar with a truck driver.  Both of these girls have toddlers.  So sad.  There is alot more crime that goes on around here than you ever hear about.  I try to remind my fearless 18 year old step daughter that drives all over town by herself at night.  No one ever thinks it could happen to them.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »

Reward amount increased for information on missing Homewood woman
Posted by Toraine Norris -- Birmingham News November 18, 2008 4:35 PM
The reward for information in the disappearance of a Homewood woman is now $35,000, authorities said this afternoon.

Homewood police Lt. Ken Atkinson said the FBI and private donations funded the increase. The reward amount had been $15,000.

Atkinson said volunteers will aid in the search for Nadia Kersh on Thursday morning. Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to arrive at 187 Citation Court at 8 a.m. to sign up, Atkinson said. Police have not determined where to conduct new searches, he said.

Kersh left her job at Tria Market in Homewood at about 1 p.m. on Nov. 3 to pick up her son, Christopher. She never made it to the daycare.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/reward_amount_increased_for_in.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »

snipped
Beth Holloway also said she's helping the parents of missing Homewood woman Nadia Kersh, and may even turn out tomorrow when police open the search to the public.

Holloway's own daughter disappeared in May 2005 while on a trip to Aruba with fellow graduates from Mountain Brook High School. A friend connected her with the family of Kersh, 23, who has been missing since Nov. 3. A $15,000 reward has been offered, and her parents are trying to raise more money to increase that to at least $25,000.

"I'm supporting them in any way I can," Holloway said.
http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/mother_of_natalee_holloway_sai.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

RE: PURSE FIND\

Sgt. Doug Finch of the Homewood Police said Nadia Kira Kersh's purse was found on an overpass near Montevallo Road in western Birmingham.

Finch said several of the 23-year-old woman's belongings were still inside the purse.

Finch also said two more men have been detained as persons of interest in the case. One man, an ex-boyfriend of Kersh's is already in custody.

The two men latest men detained are from Birmingham. Homewood police brought in one man on Thursday night and another this afternoon, Finch said.

The search for Kersh will continue in western Birmingham, Finch said. Homewood Police have called in the FBI for assistance in the case.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/homewood_police_report_purse_o.html

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »

Thanks Nut for the updates
I was hoping some in the Birmingham area might read and get involved with the search.  Even if this statement "Police have not determined where to conduct new searches" does trouble me a bit....  I hope they have started working cell phone tower records of phone (NOT CALL) activity.

And I'm Glad to see that Beth has made contact with the family

thanks again

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 10:01:42 AM »

I wanted so badly to help with the search.  I am in an office with 3 people and 2 of them are gone this week so I cant leave.  Errrrrr

The area that she was last seen in (Homewood) which would be like the middle, close to downtown, middle of Birmingham and the area that her car was found (West end - bad part of town) and then where the suspect is from (Irondale) are on complete opposite ends of each other.  It is a huge area to try to cover.  I am not sure where they are starting.  I am trying to follow this and havent seen or heard much of what hasnt been in the paper.  Very frustrating because it appears they know who is responsible for this and its just a matter of putting the rest of the pieces together and most importantly, finding her.

Thankfully, the other 23 year woman missing that was found this week already has a suspect in custody.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/11/search_set_to_begin_for_nadia.html

Article in the morning paper.  I hope to hear an update at noon and post. 

Very slow process based on the area they are covering.
Jennifer34
Scared Monkey

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »

Noon update ...

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7910143&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

They are searching very close to where my husband works.  He said there are helicopters that seem to be circling one particular area. 

I pray they find her and get the responsible creep that harmed her.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 01:44:14 PM »

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC-TV MyFoxAL.com)  --  Thursday, 20 Nov

New Developments in Search for Missing Homewood Woman

Volunteers say that they have found several items they believe may belong to a missing Homewood mother. Nadia Kersh disappeared two weeks ago while she was on a lunch break from her job. Crews were searching along Lakeshore Parkway around 10:00 a.m. on Thursday when they found a few items, including a few CD's, an earring, a cell phone and a cell phone battery. These are all items they were told to look for, but what connection they may have to the case is uncertain. It is too early to say if these items belong to Kersh, but evidence technicians have collected the items and will analyze them. More than 100 people gathered on Thursday morning to help with the search. Searchers have been looking in the woods, in graveyards, and all over an area along Lakeshore Drive.
http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7910143&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 01:45:30 PM »

snipped....
In teams of ten, crews searched mostly west Birmingham and outskirts of Homewood. A cell phone was found along Lakeshore Parkway and other items found during the search included an earring, clothing and several CD’s.

Although they did not find Nadia police still say the search was a success because crews helped eliminate a lot of areas they had wondered about and netted some items that could yield answers.

Reward money is now up to thirty six thousand dollars for anyone with information on Kersh's whereabouts.
http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7911998&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 07:02:57 PM »

New Search Conducted for Nadia Kersh 

Last Edited: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 12:10 PM CST 
Created: Tuesday, 02 Dec 2008, 12:10 PM CST 
BIRMINGHAM, Ala (WBRC-TV MyFoxAL.com)  --  The Homewood Police Department and the Birmingham Police Department have decided to conduct a new search for missing Homewood mom Nadia Kersh.

The search will take place on Tuesday around 12:30 p.m. in the area where Kersh's vehicle was found.

The vehicle was recovered in the 1300 block of 15th Street SW.

Officers hope to find new leads or witnesses in the case.
http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7985882&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 10:02:33 AM »

HAT TIP 'Roamer' HFTM

TES is in Birmingham, and will be doing a search for Nadia tomorrow. They said it will be trained and professional searchers only..no volunteers this time.

No link.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »

Search group will join efforts to find missing Homewood woman

updated 11:16 p.m. ET, Wed., Dec. 10, 2008
birmingham, al - A nationally known search and recovery group will join in the search for missing Homewood woman Nadia Kersh. According to a news release, Texas Equusearch was contacted by law enforcement and asked to help with resources in the search. Kersh went missing on November 3, 2008, after she was last seen leaving her work at Tria Market in Homewood for a lunch break. Her car was found the next day in Birmingham, and her purse was found along some railroad tracks 3 days later. Tim Miller, the founder and director of Texas Equusearch, will be arriving in Homewood no later than Friday, December 12, 2008, to work with law enforcement. Texas Equusearch has been involved in searches for Mountain Brook native Natalee Holloway and the Caylee Marie Anthony case in Orlando, FL.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28167073/

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »

It doesn't sound good for this young woman.  I hope they find her, so that her family can have some peace. I feel so bad for her baby, who will never know his mommy now.

Another case where some low-life can't just walk away. Fry him.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 03:12:44 PM »

Search Continues for Nadia Kersh

Homewood authorities continue their search for Nadia Kersh. Texas Equusearch spent the week searching for Kersh, but were unsuccessful. Kersh went missing over a month ago after leaving her job at Tria Market in Homewood.
http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=8115694&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 04:11:27 PM »

Found this today...dated / March 09'

New Developments in Nadia Kersh Case
Updated: Tuesday, 24 Mar 2009, 2:29 PM CDT

HOMEWOOD, Ala (WBRC-TV MyFoxAL.com) - In a press conference on Tuesday, Homewood police released several new developments in the case of missing mom Nadia Kersh.

Police say that they expect full capital murder charges to be made in the case in the next coming months.
http://www.myfoxal.com/dpp/news/20090324New_Developments_in_Nadia_Ker

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »

Published: April 3, 2009

Homewood Police are conducting a law enforcement-only search for missing woman Nadia Kersh in the area of Spaulding-Ishkooda Road near Red Mountain Park in Birmingham this morning.

It was thought that a dog involved in the search today for Nadia Kersh had been bitten by a snake. The dog was taken to an area hospital, but it turns out that the snake bite did not penetrate the dog’s vest, NBC 13 HD’s Jon Paepcke reports.

The Kersh search area spans an area stretching from Lakeshore Parkway to Arrington Middle School. Officers said they need to cover as much ground as possible because they are in a race against Mother Nature. As spring growth sprouts, detectives said they are worried that evidence will get harder to uncover.

“It’s going to be difficult to search a lot of these areas once everything turns green. Our hope is to make a thorough search of this area and possible search another previously searched area again,“  said Sgt. Doug Finch with Homewood Police.

Homewood Police are conducting the new search in part because of a new tip that came in on the Homewood Police Department’s tip line. The caller told police that the day Nadia Kersh disappeared, they saw her car suspiciously parked in West Birmingham with two black males sitting inside.

That information lines up with some other preliminary evidence detectives already had.

Kersh has been missing since November 3, for almost five months. The reward money in Kersh’s case is growing and now totals $45,000.

The tip line number is 205-332-6262.

Nadia’s parents have also set up a Web site tracking the case at: http://www.nadiakersh.org

http://www.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local/article/homewood_police_continue_search_for_nadia_kersh/66670/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 03:00:06 PM »

Hello All!

My name is Angie Cantrell and I am with the Walker County Rescue Squad. I am also a member of the Alabama Private Investigator's Association. Our association is hosting 4 Alabama stops for the "On The Road To Remembering" tour in August. We are inviting all family, friends and supports (Such as yourself) to join us.

The cities will be Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery and Mobile.
I will be posting a thread with full details as soon as we get our dates.

I am personally planning the Birmingham stop. Our featured case will be Nadia Kersh.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?p=621066#post621066

George
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 09:45:13 PM »

Hello all,

I heard the Homewood police are still working on leads to help find Nadia Kersh.  Such a sad story.  It was nice to hear they're still working on it.  They say they have someone in mind who may have been responsible for her disappearing.  Someone said it was one of the three guys they brought in for questioning early on.  wish we knew more.   an angelic monkey
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.