March 28, 2024, 08:25:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMERICAN NON PARTISAN THREAD  (Read 1499 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: November 22, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »

I didn't see a non-partisan thread so I decided to start one.

Civility makes sense. Weary Americans could use a little TLC at the moment.

A new Harris survey found that 83 percent of us agreed that "the people in Washington are out of touch with the rest of the country" while another 62 percent said "the people running the country don't really care what happens to you." Another 59 percent feel that "most people with power try to take advantage of people."

There's more: 83 percent feel that "what you think doesn't count very much anymore" while 41 percent felt "left out of things."

Aw-w-w. The survey of 1,010 was conducted Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/23/inside-politics-weekend-58150640/

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »

ROCHESTER, N.Y. – November 19, 2008 – As the economic crisis continues to deepen around the world, majorities of adults in the United States (68%), Spain (62%), Italy (57%), and Great Britain (53%) rate their government’s handling of the financial global market crisis as poor while a plurality of Germans (43%) and 39% of French adults rate their government’s handling as fair. This is one of the findings of a Financial Times/Harris Poll conducted online by Harris Interactive® among a total of 6,257 adults (aged 16-64) in France, Germany, Great Britain, Spain and the United States and adults (aged 18-64) in Italy between October 29 and November 6, 2008.
http://www.harrisinteractive.com/news/allnewsbydate.asp?NewsID=1348

There are lots of charts at the site.  I seem to recall reading that the French have little debt.  The Germans made a point to diversify their economy to focus on small and medium sized companies.

The survey also asks about education, healthcare, financial mess, and expectations of the future.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.