April 27, 2024, 07:50:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8yr old abducted from bedroom (solved)  (Read 7886 times)
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« on: October 10, 2006, 03:59:10 PM »

Ok, this is a solved crime, not an unsolved one but I did not know where to post this.  Does anyone think a 14 year sentence for abducting an 8 yr old girl from her bedroom, assaulting her, and telling her he will be back is sufficient?  This guy will most likely be back on the streets in 7 years.  I personally think a life sentence is in order.  If not for the barking dog this could easily be another missing/exploited child case.

http://tinyurl.co.uk/hjsc
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:03:06 PM »

Abductor-molester gets 14 years in LaPorte

Associated Press

LAPORTE – A judge sentenced a man to 14 years in prison last week for dragging an 8-year-old girl out of her bedroom window and assaulting her.

Kristopher Gliva, 20, of LaPorte, pleaded guilty to felony charges of burglary, criminal confinement and child molesting. The maximum 18-year sentence included four years suspended and on probation, LaPorte Circuit Judge Robert Gilmore said.

Police arrested Gliva in April for grabbing the girl in September 2004. Gliva cut open a screened window and snatched her from her bedroom, dragged her down a ladder and behind a shed.

He duct-taped the girl’s mouth, pulled off the bottom of her pajamas and took her underwear, police said. He also pulled his own pants down and assaulted her before running from the yard, using the stepladder he stole from a garage in the neighborhood to get over a fence in the city of 22,000 about 30 miles west of South Bend, police said.

A neighbor’s barking dog scared him away, but not before he told the girl that he would be back, according to police.

For several days, the neighborhood was under heavy police patrol as residents were fearful. Several people reported slit window screens.

“To get somebody like that off the streets for 14 years, it’s a big help to us,” LaPorte Police Chief of Detectives Adam Klimczak said after Friday’s sentencing.

Gliva’s attorney, David Jones, said he felt it was a fair resolution.

Police were questioning Gliva in a property-damage case when he told them he was the man who snatched the girl.

Lynn Cains, who was LaPorte’s chief of detectives at the time, said he had never seen a case in which a man grabbed a child from a bedroom in his 23 years with the department.

“At least now there’s some closure,” Cains said Friday.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 01:23:16 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:57:36 PM »

Yes, the sentence does appear to be a bit light,but it does solve the mystery.

Maybe the fellow will suffer an accident while confined, once fellow inmates become aware of why he is incarcerated.
Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »

No, that sentence wasn't good enough. It just goes to show you . THERE IS NO JUSTICE now a days... God bless her!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 01:21:06 PM »

http://massmarketing.blogspot.com/2006_03_26_archive.html

Kristopher Gliva of LaPorte, Indiana was charged with Class B felony burglary, Class C felony criminal confinement, Class C felony child molesting, and Class B felony attempted child molesting.

LaPorte Police Detective Sgt. Mike Dove said: That when Kristopher Gliva returned home that night, past his 10 p.m. curfew, which led to an argument with his father. He went to bed and began having "bad thoughts in his head. That's when Kristopher Gliva ran with the step ladder until reaching the little girl's home............

Read the story here. eta/ LINK IS BROKEN

This is disturbing. I cannot find this man in the MANY links I have for prison/jail inmates, court doc info, sex offender registries. NOTHING! It is like this man dropped off the face of the earth...and it is pissing me off 
If he was convicted and sentenced, then there should be records of of such. I can understand the sealing of the victims records, but NOT the freakin PERV!! I want to know where this man is. Is he still in prison? Is he out and on the streets? If so, why has he not registered as a sex offender? WTF??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Monkey See Monkey Don't Do
Scared Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 08:05:27 AM »

Yes, the sentence does appear to be a bit light,but it does solve the mystery.

Maybe the fellow will suffer an accident while confined, once fellow inmates become aware of why he is incarcerated.

I agree, the sentence was/is light. AND i hope he drops the soap, what an SOB!!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:08:32 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.