March 28, 2024, 05:32:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #65  (Read 338284 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »

I have always thought that when you are a homicide cop, you are usually the
cream of the crop, its very hard to get to that level, so from listening to GA I
have to wonder how he ever made it. GA is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Exactly what I was thinking Mary!  Also am wondering why he doesn't still have that job?  Once someone makes that level, I thought they kept it even if moving to another city or state, they just transfer.  Do we know when/why they moved to Florida?  Seems very odd that George would get to that level in the dept, then in another state work odd jobs and such.  Something sounds very hinky there....

In one of those FBI interviews CinCin said she made Georgie quit when they had Lee.  She didnt want to raise Lee alone since Georgie worked nights (WTF???)  It sounded fishy when she said it, and I still think it sounds fishy.  It also sounds fishy that any LE agency has a homicide unit unless its a metro area (small towns dont have enough murders to justify a homicide unit) and from what I remember they werent in a major area.  Nothing about Georgie as a cop pans out in my mind.

Hmmmm... Very fishy indeed! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2008, 03:18:41 PM »

Brandi to answer your question, yes I am 99.9% possitive that if the tapes are to be used as direct active evidence in a trial the prosecution does not have to release those to the public prior to trial date.  That would be like asking a poker player to show their hand prior to my placing a bet.  That would violate their right to build a strong case, and I have to wonder why the press would even want to release something that could possibly end up hindering an outcome of a trial...did that make any sense??

That is incorrect under the State of Florida's unique liberal interpretation of the Sunshine Law.

Is it also correct that once the defence asks for the information, it must be released to the public ? In other words...If J Baez doesn't ask for it...it won't be released

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »

Brandi to answer your question, yes I am 99.9% possitive that if the tapes are to be used as direct active evidence in a trial the prosecution does not have to release those to the public prior to trial date.  That would be like asking a poker player to show their hand prior to my placing a bet.  That would violate their right to build a strong case, and I have to wonder why the press would even want to release something that could possibly end up hindering an outcome of a trial...did that make any sense??

That is incorrect under the State of Florida's unique liberal interpretation of the Sunshine Law.

Is it also correct that once the defence asks for the information, it must be released to the public ? In other words...If J Baez doesn't ask for it...it won't be released

Yes, it looks like most of the time -- see below for exemptions

The only circumstances where criminal intelligence or investigative information can retain that status even though it has been made available to the defendant are:

1) If the information would reveal the identity of a victim of a sexual offense or child abuse pursuant to s. 119.071(2)(h), F.S.; or

2) If a court order has been issued finding that release of the information prior to trial would:

a) be defamatory to the good name of a victim or witness or jeopardize the safety of a victim or witness; and

b) impair the ability of a state attorney to locate or prosecute a codefendant.

In all other cases, material which has been made available to the defendant cannot be deemed criminal investigative or intelligence information and must be open to inspection unless some other exemption applies (e.g., s. 119.071(2)(e), F.S., exempting all information "revealing the substance of a confession" by a person arrested until there is a final disposition in the case); or the court orders closure of the material in accordance with its constitutional authority to take such measures as are necessary to obtain orderly proceedings and a fair trial or to protect constitutional privacy rights of third parties. See, Miami Herald Publishing Company v. Lewis, 426 So. 2d 1 (Fla. 1982); Florida Freedom Newspapers, Inc. v. McCrary, 520 So. 2d 32 (Fla. 1988); Post-Newsweek Stations, Florida Inc. v. Doe, 612 So. 2d 549 (Fla. 1992). And see Morris Communications Company LLC v. State, 844 So. 2d 671, 673n.3 (Fla. 1st DCA 2003) (although documents turned over to the defendant during discovery are generally public records subject to disclosure under Ch. 119, the courts have authority to manage pretrial publicity to protect the defendant's constitutional rights as described in Miami Herald Publishing Company v. Lewis, supra). Cf., Times Publishing Co. v. State, 903 So. 2d 322 (Fla. 2d DCA 2005) (while the criminal discovery rules authorize a nonparty to file a motion to restrict disclosure of discovery materials based on privacy considerations, where no such motion has been filed, the judge is not authorized to prevent public access on his or her own initiative).
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 03:21:40 PM »

How is that incorrect?  How can you publish trial information that has yet to come out in trial?
The media requested discovery, it was granted under the Sunshine Law in Florida.   Even in the FBI interview of Cindy the agent makes reference to the Sunshine Law, its not always favorable that this information is at the privy of the public for either side.
I would think that an ongoing murder trial with evidence of damning magnitude would be considered exempt, or one would not have to release the evidence unless it was specifically asked for by name. (IMO)

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/b2f05db987e9d14c85256cc7000b28f6!OpenDocument
Florida began its tradition of openness back in 1909 with the passage of what has come to be known as the "Public Records Law," Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes. This law provides that any records made or received by any public agency in the course of its official business are available for inspection, unless specifically exempted by the Legislature. Over the years, the definition of what constitutes "public records" has come to include not just traditional written documents such as papers, maps and books, but also tapes, photographs, film, sound recordings and records stored in computers.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 03:21:50 PM »

I do not buy the Anthony BS about not knowing they were being taped.  That is just ridiculous, outrageous, and LIES.  When has any bureau of law enforcement ever conducted an active investigation and questioning without recording for future use on the case? 
How can the A's possibly expect that any individual is going to buy that line of crap?  NaJame, LOL, way to get out early!

I agree Dolce, lies, lies, lies!  I didn't listen to the taped interviews, yet do remember from interviews I have heard that the interviewer typically starts out the tape by mentioning something about it being taped.  The person knows beforehand, they then state their name, etc.  They didn't do that in these interviews? 

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »

Casey Anthony case: Leonard Padilla returning to town
posted by halboedeker on Nov 24, 2008 9:13:58 AM

Leonard Padilla is returning to town. A donor has provided $50,000 to help the bounty hunter continue his search for Caylee Anthony.

That development was the main news this weekend in the Casey Anthony case. She is charged with first-degree murder in her toddler's disappearance.

"People might call him crazy, but bounty hunter Leonard Padilla says he's planning an exhaustive new search of the bottom of the Econ River in hopes of finding Caylee Anthony's remains," said Bob Kealing of WESH-Channel 2.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that Padilla would not identify the donor.

Another Padilla search in Blanchard Park was a false alarm -- "a frenzy," WFTV called it -- that received exhaustive live TV coverage earlier this month. Kealing reported that Padilla has not taken a lie-detector test yet about that search. To WESH, Padilla repeated that he did not plant evidence in that unsuccessful search.

WKMG-Channel 6 and WFTV-Channel 9 looked again at George Anthony's interviews this summer with the FBI interrogators. Those tapes were released Friday and received extensive scrutiny that day.

The Anthony camp isn't saying a lot about George's eye-opening comments this summer. Then he said he had smelled what seemed like a decomposing body in Casey's car.

"We'll make a statement later this week," an Anthony family spokeswoman told WRDQ-Channel 27 (whose news is produced by sister station WFTV).

That comment came at a prayer vigil Sunday night, and WRDQ noted that it had kept "a respectful distance" from the Anthonys.

On Monday morning, WFTV promised to be at the Anthony home all morning to try to get a comment from the family.

The case moves to court Tuesday when a judge hears motions from Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, who seeks more evidence from the state.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/508668.html

Above is a link to Warren, Ohio newspaper article citing George Anthony's LE experience while living in Ohio.  He was a sheriff's deputy....that's all.  You would have to understand Trumbull County Ohio.  I doubt much was required to get hired in that department at that time other than knowing the right people.  Even his brother in law is unclear if he was actually a homicide detective. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2008, 03:23:34 PM »

cream of the crop, its very hard to get to that level, so from listening to GA I

Exactly what I was thinking Mary!  Also am wondering why he doesn't still have that job?  Once someone makes that level, I thought they kept it even if moving to another city or state, they just transfer.  Do we know when/why they moved to Florida?  Seems very odd that George would get to that level in the dept, then in another state work odd jobs and such.  Something sounds very hinky there....

In one of those FBI interviews CinCin said she made Georgie quit when they had Lee.  She didnt want to raise Lee alone since Georgie worked nights (WTF???)  It sounded fishy when she said it, and I still think it sounds fishy.  It also sounds fishy that any LE agency has a homicide unit unless its a metro area (small towns dont have enough murders to justify a homicide unit) and from what I remember they werent in a major area.  Nothing about Georgie as a cop pans out in my mind.

George quit the police force, to work for his father's car dealership. They didn't get along, so after awhile he opened his own car lot, which was not successful. I'm not sure what he did when they first moved to Orlando, or if he even worked. He was telling the FBI about knee surgery, and some kind of settlement.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2008, 03:23:51 PM »

The real truth of Cindy wanting George to leave his job as a deputy was because she wanted him to go into the car dealership business (income potentinal) because the rest of his family was doing rather well with it.  George even talks about going to work with his father & they had a falling out (according to her brother he omitted the part that George got so angry at his father that they had a physical altercation).  He then opened his own dealership but mismanaged it, which George spoke to in his FBI interview.  The working nights is ridiculous considering the night shifts he spoke of surrounding what happened to Caylee, up to including the evening of the 911 calls that he was returning home from work as late as after 10PM.   

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/df6796c2c498743985256cc7000ad5cb!OpenDocument
Q. Are federal agencies covered by the Sunshine Law?
A. Federal agencies operating in the state do not come under Florida's Sunshine law.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »

About the NE article:

It was said in the article something to the effect that the cadaver dog might be able to track where Caylee's body was taken next.  I thought there was a difference between cadaver dogs and tracking dogs?  Maybe some cadaver dogs can track as well?   

I do know that tracking dogs can track a trail for a long way.  Remember in the Laci Peterson case, the tracking dog picked up her trail for a long stretch down the road/freeway! 

Am hoping that if what NE is reporting is true, that LE uses the cadaver dogs as well as tracking dogs, just to make sure if the dogs are able to lead them to the next possible resting site for Caylee.

OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:26 PM »

How is that incorrect?  How can you publish trial information that has yet to come out in trial?
http://everything2.com/title/Freedom%2520of%2520Information%2520Act
If you go to that website it will give good info. I am not sure where the state of FL might differ but here is one of the exclusions.

(7) Law Enforcement Investigations- any data that is compiled for law enforcement purposes, if releasing it would interfere with enforcement proceedings, deprive a person of the right to a fair trial or an impartial jury, constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy, or disclose the identity of a confidential source such as a state, local or foreign agency, a private institution which had provided information on a confidential basis, disclose investigative techniques or legal procedures, or endanger the life or physical safety of an individual

Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

Brandi to answer your question, yes I am 99.9% positive that if the tapes are to be used as direct active evidence in a trial the prosecution does not have to release those to the public prior to trial date.  That would be like asking a poker player to show their hand prior to my placing a bet.  That would violate their right to build a strong case, and I have to wonder why the press would even want to release something that could possibly end up hindering an outcome of a trial...did that make any sense??

Yes, it looks like most of the time -- see below for exemptions

The only circumstances where criminal intelligence or investigative information can retain that status even though it has been made available to the defendant are:

1) If the information would reveal the identity of a victim of a sexual offense or child abuse pursuant to s. 119.071(2)(h), F.S.; or

2) If a court order has been issued finding that release of the information prior to trial would:

a) be defamatory to the good name of a victim or witness or jeopardize the safety of a victim or witness; and

b) impair the ability of a state attorney to locate or prosecute a codefendant.

In all other cases, material which has been made available to the defendant cannot be deemed criminal investigative or intelligence information and must be open to inspection unless some other exemption applies (e.g., s. 119.071(2)(e), F.S., exempting all information "revealing the substance of a confession" by a person arrested until there is a final disposition in the case); or the court orders closure of the material in accordance with its constitutional authority to take such measures as are necessary to obtain orderly proceedings and a fair trial or to protect constitutional privacy rights of third parties. See, Miami Herald Publishing Company v. Lewis, 426 So. 2d 1 (Fla. 1982); Florida Freedom Newspapers, Inc. v. McCray, 520 So. 2d 32 (Fla. 1988);  Stations, Florida Inc. v. Doe, 612 So. 2d 549 (Fla. 1992). And see Morris Communications Company LLC v. State, 844 So. 2d 671, 673n.3 (Fla. 1st DCA 2003) (although documents turned over to the defendant during discovery are generally public records subject to disclosure under Ch. 119, the courts have authority to manage pretrial publicity to protect the defendant's constitutional rights as described in Miami Herald Publishing Company v. Lewis, supra). Cf., Times Publishing Co. v. State, 903 So. 2d 322 (Fla. 2d DCA 2005) (while the criminal discovery rules authorize a nonparty to file a motion to restrict disclosure of discovery materials based on privacy considerations, where no such motion has been filed, the judge is not authorized to prevent public access on his or her own initiative).

Interesting...thanks...might explain why Lee's tapes haven't been released yet..
only speculating..there's still plenty of time until January

Does anyone know if the Orlando Sent. requested the release of his tapes ?

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
alwayz-wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2008, 03:35:21 PM »

Above is a link to Warren, Ohio newspaper article citing George Anthony's LE experience while living in Ohio.  He was a sheriff's deputy....that's all.  You would have to understand Trumbull County Ohio.  I doubt much was required to get hired in that department at that time other than knowing the right people.  Even his brother in law is unclear if he was actually a homicide detective. 

As far as Warren goes:
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 46,832 people, 19,288 households, and 12,035 families residing in the city.

Murders: 
2001 - 4
2002 - 5
2003 - 6
2004  - 7

http://www.city-data.com/city/Warren-Ohio.html

I would say that Georgie being a homicide detective is another one of CinCin's grand lies.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2008, 03:38:33 PM »

http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/WF/MRAY-7E8QJ6/$file/2008LEGuide.pdf
Arrest and crime reports are generally considered to be open to
public inspection.194 However, s. 119.071(2)(c)1., F.S., exempts
active criminal intelligence information and active criminal
investigative information from public inspection. To be exempt,
the information must be both “active” and constitute either
“criminal investigative” or “criminal intelligence” information
Thus, if a crime report contains active criminal investigative
information, the criminal investigative information may be
excised from the report.196
The active criminal investigative and intelligence exemption is
limited in scope; its purpose is to prevent premature disclosure
of information when such disclosure could impede an ongoing
investigation or allow a suspect to avoid apprehension or escape
detection.197
Moreover, the active criminal

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »

As far as Warren goes:
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 46,832 people, 19,288 households, and 12,035 families residing in the city.

Murders: 
2001 - 4
2002 - 5
2003 - 6
2004  - 7

http://www.city-data.com/city/Warren-Ohio.html

I would say that Georgie being a homicide detective is another one of CinCin's grand lies.

Alwayz....Trumbull County/Warren were actually much larger during the time of GA's employment...it is a rust belt area that is shrinking at an alarming rate...but having said that, it's also rife with corruption and nepotism.  Unfortunately I know...I live there.
It's truly "other worldly".
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2008, 03:41:20 PM »

I've always wondered too....it's probably another lie....
I wondered that too, then I remembered it was in Ohio so that explained it for me. 

Watch it, there are Ohio monkies here.  We aren't all a bunch of hillbillies!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2008, 03:41:57 PM »

Hello Monkeys,
   This is my first post but I have been reading for awhile now. I have come to appreciate this forum & its insightful posters. If Caylee's family cared for her a fraction as much as those who post here, she would be alive today. We may never learn all the details but we know  who is responsible for her death. KC may think she has gotten away with murder,but so did Scott Peterson ! Some actions have a way of being brought to light regardless of how well they seem to be hidden.This is especially true when children are involved.There will be justice for Caylee because God is, among other things ,a Just God.

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

For anyone interested, I found this very interesting reading, and it could be very "telling" if some of this is the reasons for Lee and Amy's information not being made "public". (Page 34)

guideposts
Scared Monkey

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 03:42:55 PM »

I do not buy the Anthony BS about not knowing they were being taped.  That is just ridiculous, outrageous, and LIES.  When has any bureau of law enforcement ever conducted an active investigation and questioning without recording for future use on the case? 
How can the A's possibly expect that any individual is going to buy that line of crap?  NaJame, LOL, way to get out early!

I know I'm asking a lot...but if you listen to the last tape of Cindy with the FBI, they talk openly about how there are signs posted that recording are happening.  She says herself she is aware recording is going on.  It's towards the beginning of the tape but don't have the specific time/exact quote.  I'm still befuddled after listening to G & C continuously for the past several hours. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.