April 23, 2024, 01:06:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #65  (Read 339423 times)
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #400 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:15 AM »

bombshell on not in Nancy Grace. Oh boy. 

I remember you, Caylee.
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #401 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:57 AM »

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #402 on: November 25, 2008, 10:02:12 AM »

2 doctors/educators should be able to put together a more professional website than this. If they are using Vista Print are all of the face recognition cards they send people printed free by Vista?  So what are they actually doing with any donations they get?

A domain is cheap.  And while they themselves may not know how to code html, surely they can find somebody who can.  For what little they have on their site right now, there isn't much to code.   (I had to put together a website for my aunt's non-profit, because the one she had was very basic...  she paid for the domain, let me have temporary access to the servers to upload the pages.. gave me whatever information was needed for the website (faqs, contact, etc..)  It's really not that big of a deal.. although my aunt had WAY more info on her website than these people.. you could put theirs together in a matter of hours, if that. 

I'm curious.. when you start a business or even a non-profit.  Don't you want money saved up to get things started? And then once everything is in place, start requesting donations? Or do you basically rely on donations even to get started? 

------------------
http://www.vistaprint.com/websites.aspx?xnav=LeftItem&xnid=FreeProducts&dng=1021813
Create Your Website in Minutes
Try it FREE for one month!

* Grow your business with an online presence
    * Coordinate your brand-online and offline
    * No programming skills needed
    * Starting as low as $4.99 per month

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: November 25, 2008, 10:02:19 AM »

2 doctors/educators should be able to put together a more professional website than this. If they are using Vista Print are all of the face recognition cards they send people printed free by Vista?  So what are they actually doing with any donations they get?

MSU-Meridian professor receives international acclaim for child facial recognition research

This almost sounds like someones thesis project.  At least they are real people.  Maybe someone should learn to proof read, "Examples of the Face/Chid Identification Card".

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: November 25, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

My husband & I have purchased a registered Golden Retriever puppy for our granddaughters for Christmas. We will be driving out of state tomorrow to pick him up. Has anyone here ever had a Golden Retriever? We are hoping this breed will be great for 2 little girls. The only breed we have ever had is Siberian Husky.

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

I am sorry I have abandoned you all. I have been in the Natalee thread for two days.  I feel like I just found out there is no Santa,        I know.
I am bouncing back and forth myself.  ::HUGS:: 

anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: November 25, 2008, 10:05:02 AM »

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: November 25, 2008, 10:05:42 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

My husband & I have purchased a registered Golden Retriever puppy for our granddaughters for Christmas. We will be driving out of state tomorrow to pick him up. Has anyone here ever had a Golden Retriever? We are hoping this breed will be great for 2 little girls. The only breed we have ever had is Siberian Husky.

I haven't but I hear it's a good breed for kids. 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: November 25, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »

Hey ya'll quit laughing at me. What a difference one little letter makes. Ok, commence laughing. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »

A domain is cheap.  And while they themselves may not know how to code html, surely they can find somebody who can.  For what little they have on their site right now, there isn't much to code.   (I had to put together a website for my aunt's non-profit, because the one she had was very basic...  she paid for the domain, let me have temporary access to the servers to upload the pages.. gave me whatever information was needed for the website (faqs, contact, etc..)  It's really not that big of a deal.. although my aunt had WAY more info on her website than these people.. you could put theirs together in a matter of hours, if that. 

I'm curious.. when you start a business or even a non-profit.  Don't you want money saved up to get things started? And then once everything is in place, start requesting donations? Or do you basically rely on donations even to get started? 

------------------
http://www.vistaprint.com/websites.aspx?xnav=LeftItem&xnid=FreeProducts&dng=1021813
Create Your Website in Minutes
Try it FREE for one month!

* Grow your business with an online presence
    * Coordinate your brand-online and offline
    * No programming skills needed
    * Starting as low as $4.99 per month

This is from our local news site.

Gier Conducts Child ID Research  Save Email Print

Meridian, Miss.
Posted: 12:29 PM Nov 24, 2008
Last Updated: 7:00 PM Nov 24, 2008
Reporter: Stephen Bowers
Email Address: stephen.bowers@wtok.com

1 comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GIER CONDUCTS CHILD ID RESEARCH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A Newly-published research by a professor at MSU Meridian has turned up some results that may help in identifying abducted children.

If your child were abducted, you would give a picture of your child to law enforcement. That picture would probably be a school picture, with your child clean and smiling.

But would that picture help spot a child who was dirty with messy hair and who looked unhappy? Probably not.

That's what MSU Meridian associate psychology professor, Dr. Vicki Gier, found in a recent study.

"What the research showed, if participants see the same type of photo. So if you see a pictures of a child and they are clean faced and happy looking and later see that same child with the same or similar appearance, recognition is good," said Dr. Gier. "If you see a picture of a child who is dirty in appearance, their hair is messed, maybe their face is dirty, and you see the same type of picture later on, recognition is good."

But what about if you see a nice school picture, and then later see the child dirty with messed up hair? Recognition is not nearly as likely. The same is true for a picture of a dirty child that is seen clean later on.

Dr. Gier encourages those with children to take frequent photos.

"I know parents don't sit around thinking, 'oh I want to have a really great dirty picture of my son or daughter with their face all messed up or the hair all messed up', but actually in reality it might be one of those pictures that actually can save their child," Gier said.

Gier recommends giving pictures showing varying appearances to law enforcement when children are missing.

More information is available on this subject at Dr. Gier's Web site. A link is provided below.

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #410 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:53 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

Awww, golden retriever pups are so sweet!  They are excellent with children!  My sil has one and he has a wonderful disposition!

Lisa
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: November 25, 2008, 10:08:07 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

OMG that is SO cute!! Golden Retrievers are very good with kids.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/choosing-a-golden-retriever/page1.aspx

Golden Retrievers consistently tops the list of most loved family pets. Usually associated with children and suburban life, and, with their love of water and natural retrieving ability, the golden retrievers are also excellent companions to hunters.

The golden retriever was one of the top 10 breeds for the year 2007. Click here for the complete story on Top Dog Breeds of 2007.

Husky dogs are beautiful as well. My husband's favorite dog. We adopted a dog in March, and was told she was part German Shepherd.. but when we took her to the vet to be checked out, the vet told us she was part Husky. So... we think based on coloring, etc.. she's probably both.

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #412 on: November 25, 2008, 10:08:43 AM »

MSU-Meridian professor receives international acclaim for child facial recognition research

This almost sounds like someones thesis project.  At least they are real people.  Maybe someone should learn to proof read, "Examples of the Face/Chid Identification Card".

Chid = a cross between a child and a kid. A chid. Example "Chid, get your bass over her!" Bass = a cross b/t an a** and a butt.

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #413 on: November 25, 2008, 10:09:34 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

Awww, golden retriever pups are so sweet!  They are excellent with children!  My sil has one and he has a wonderful disposition!

Lisa

WOOHOO! Thanks, txlisa!!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #414 on: November 25, 2008, 10:15:45 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

OMG that is SO cute!! Golden Retrievers are very good with kids.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/choosing-a-golden-retriever/page1.aspx

Golden Retrievers consistently tops the list of most loved family pets. Usually associated with children and suburban life, and, with their love of water and natural retrieving ability, the golden retrievers are also excellent companions to hunters.

The golden retriever was one of the top 10 breeds for the year 2007. Click here for the complete story on Top Dog Breeds of 2007.

Husky dogs are beautiful as well. My husband's favorite dog. We adopted a dog in March, and was told she was part German Shepherd.. but when we took her to the vet to be checked out, the vet told us she was part Husky. So... we think based on coloring, etc.. she's probably both.

We love Huskies too! We've had 2 a male & female they both lived to be 13 years old & at different times became so ill they had to be put to sleep. I told my husband I could not go through that again for a long time! So this puppy will live with our girls on 35 beautiful country acres! I just hope he likes cats; they have 6!   

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »

Chid = a cross between a child and a kid. A chid. Example "Chid, get your bass over her!" Bass = a cross b/t an a** and a butt.

Phaedrus
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:18 AM »

I am sorry I have abandoned you all. I have been in the Natalee thread for two days.  I feel like I just found out there is no Santa,        I know.

I pretty much stick to the Caylee forum. It's less confusing for me that way.   

Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #417 on: November 25, 2008, 10:19:06 AM »

Good Morning everyone: Now that you have lived through CA interviews, what do
you think court will be like.
Prosecutor: Mrs Anthony, you are the mother of the defendant Casey
CA: Yes, and she was a wonderful mother, she could be mother of the year.
Judge Strickland: Mrs Anthony, please just answer the Question with a yes or no
Pros: Mrs Anthony, you were also the grandmother of Caylee,
CA: Yes, and she was a wonderful child, and Casey and Caylee were so close and
      Casey loved her and was a wonderful mother and yada, yada, yada, yada.

Or would you just leave CA in a room waiting to be called and never let that happen, so that she doesn't disrupt the court room.
Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #418 on: November 25, 2008, 10:20:19 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

Goldens are great dogs, and I'm sure the girls will love their new pup. They are a high energy dog that will need lots of exercise.  You didn't say how old the girls were, so this might be mom's & dad's responsibility.  The puppy needs to be trained from the moment you bring it home.  Go to library and get some books.  Find out about dog training classes in your area (I don't like pet stores -- training is usually taught by employees that watch a video). Talk to your vet.   If you have a dog park, take the puppy when it finishes its shots, socialization of both people and dogs is very important.  Goldens make great service dogs and can be trained for a variety of different tasks, search & rescue and helper dog.  Maybe the girls can train their new pup to visit hospitals or nursing homes if they are interested or some libraries have a program where kids read to dogs, another great thing to do with your dog.   
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »

O/T JUST FOR A MOMENT!!

Goldens are great dogs, and I'm sure the girls will love their new pup. They are a high energy dog that will need lots of exercise.  You didn't say how old the girls were, so this might be mom's & dad's responsibility.  The puppy needs to be trained from the moment you bring it home.  Go to library and get some books.  Find out about dog training classes in your area (I don't like pet stores -- training is usually taught by employees that watch a video). Talk to your vet.   If you have a dog park, take the puppy when it finishes its shots, socialization of both people and dogs is very important.  Goldens make great service dogs and can be trained for a variety of different tasks, search & rescue and helper dog.  Maybe the girls can train their new pup to visit hospitals or nursing homes if they are interested or some libraries have a program where kids read to dogs, another great thing to do with your dog.   

Thank you Iamhere! What great info! My daughter is actually activities director at a nursing home here, so I'm sure he will be visiting the residents! The girls are 3 & 9 & they live way out in the country; with lots of beautiful land to play on. It's kind of like the family compound; my mom, sister, brother & daughter and their families all live there except for me & my husband. We're the city oddballs!

I know this is O/T & I'm stopping now! Thanks for the info all!! 

Phaedrus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.