April 30, 2024, 03:01:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #65  (Read 339903 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2008, 03:43:09 PM »

I have always thought that when you are a homicide cop, you are usually the
cream of the crop, its very hard to get to that level, so from listening to GA I
have to wonder how he ever made it. GA is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I've always wondered too....it's probably another lie....
I wondered that too, then I remembered it was in Ohio so that explained it for me. 

Watch it, there are Ohio monkies here.  We aren't all a bunch of hillbillies!
I never said Hilbillies!  I just said "Ohio".  My Grandma lives in Ohio...but she still knows how they can be!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »

Brandi to answer your question, yes I am 99.9% possitive that if the tapes are to be used as direct active evidence in a trial the prosecution does not have to release those to the public prior to trial date.  That would be like asking a poker player to show their hand prior to my placing a bet.  That would violate their right to build a strong case, and I have to wonder why the press would even want to release something that could possibly end up hindering an outcome of a trial...did that make any sense??

That is incorrect under the State of Florida's unique liberal interpretation of the Sunshine Law.

How is that incorrect?  How can you publish trial information that has yet to come out in trial?

It looks like there are exemptions from the release of information in the Sunshine law -- specifically

s. 119.071(2)(c)1., F.S., exempts active criminal intelligence information and active criminal investigative information from public inspection. To be exempt, the information must be both "active" and constitute either "criminal investigative" or "criminal intelligence" information.
http://myfloridalegal.com/sun.nsf/manual/1BB05D142D8E4724852566F3006C7A1A
That is what I am finding too Pooky.  I think that this would speak volumes as to why Lee and Amy's info have not yet been released, if it is in fact based on this exemption part of the law.

alwayz-wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:41 PM »

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/508668.html

Above is a link to Warren, Ohio newspaper article citing George Anthony's LE experience while living in Ohio.  He was a sheriff's deputy....that's all.  You would have to understand Trumbull County Ohio.  I doubt much was required to get hired in that department at that time other than knowing the right people.  Even his brother in law is unclear if he was actually a homicide detective. 

As far as Warren goes:
As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 46,832 people, 19,288 households, and 12,035 families residing in the city.

Murders: 
2001 - 4
2002 - 5
2003 - 6
2004  - 7

http://www.city-data.com/city/Warren-Ohio.html

I would say that Georgie being a homicide detective is another one of CinCin's grand lies.

Alwayz....Trumbull County/Warren were actually much larger during the time of GA's employment...it is a rust belt area that is shrinking at an alarming rate...but having said that, it's also rife with corruption and nepotism.  Unfortunately I know...I live there.
It's truly "other worldly".

thank you numbersgirl.  dumb question - what does "rust belt" mean??
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:17 PM »

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/df6796c2c498743985256cc7000ad5cb!OpenDocument
Q. Are federal agencies covered by the Sunshine Law?
A. Federal agencies operating in the state do not come under Florida's Sunshine law.

Perhaps, once the defence asks for the FBI info, it would then fall under the Sunshine Laws ???

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
OriginalKat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2008, 03:47:35 PM »

Brandi to answer your question, yes I am 99.9% possitive that if the tapes are to be used as direct active evidence in a trial the prosecution does not have to release those to the public prior to trial date.  That would be like asking a poker player to show their hand prior to my placing a bet.  That would violate their right to build a strong case, and I have to wonder why the press would even want to release something that could possibly end up hindering an outcome of a trial...did that make any sense??

That is incorrect under the State of Florida's unique liberal interpretation of the Sunshine Law.

Is it also correct that once the defence asks for the information, it must be released to the public ? In other words...If J Baez doesn't ask for it...it won't be released
I seem to think that is what it means however the rest will be for the trial if needed. I don't remember if he has a blanket request for info or has to request seperate things.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:44 PM »

This is in reply to cappucchino.....sorry, I don't know how to do quote stacks. When they said "that is loud" they meant the thunderstorm!!!!! Not the recording.
Thanks! I heard a thunderstorm also..
but... they should have known they were being recorded..
even mo mo's like me who watch cops and the first 24 know that

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »

Hello Monkeys,
   This is my first post but I have been reading for awhile now. I have come to appreciate this forum & its insightful posters. If Caylee's family cared for her a fraction as much as those who post here, she would be alive today. We may never learn all the details but we know  who is responsible for her death. KC may think she has gotten away with murder,but so did Scott Peterson ! Some actions have a way of being brought to light regardless of how well they seem to be hidden.This is especially true when children are involved.There will be justice for Caylee because God is, among other things ,a Just God.

Nice to meet you, Blumonkey. Welcome to the Cage!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2008, 03:48:53 PM »

Wyks - hello my long lost neighbor 

Your son saying KC's name was familiar almost made me fall outta my chair - the world is tooo small!  Thank God he didnt recognize her. 
If you almost fell outta your chair, just imagine Wyks reaction when her son thought KC's name was familiar.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
chrisk49
Scared Monkey

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

In tape #7 Cindy makes Casey sound like Mother Teresa.  I couldn't stop rolling my eyes.......boy is she delusional.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2008, 03:50:25 PM »

http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/df6796c2c498743985256cc7000ad5cb!OpenDocument
Q. Are federal agencies covered by the Sunshine Law?
A. Federal agencies operating in the state do not come under Florida's Sunshine law.

Perhaps, once the defence asks for the FBI info, it would then fall under the Sunshine Laws ???
I do not think so given that they are a Federal bureau, and both the defense and the prosecution are State bureaus.  This is from what I gather thus far.

O/T I do love all Monkey's in Ohio and Indiana.  Smile  Just not the snowbirds pleaguing Naples, FL right now and the one who hit my car last week.  Smile I will not let the one bad apple destroy the entire Monkey bunch population.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

Hello Monkeys,
   This is my first post but I have been reading for awhile now. I have come to appreciate this forum & its insightful posters. If Caylee's family cared for her a fraction as much as those who post here, she would be alive today. We may never learn all the details but we know  who is responsible for her death. KC may think she has gotten away with murder,but so did Scott Peterson ! Some actions have a way of being brought to light regardless of how well they seem to be hidden.This is especially true when children are involved.There will be justice for Caylee because God is, among other things ,a Just God.

Nice to meet you, Blumonkey. Welcome to the Cage!

Welcome BlueMonkey...why are you blue?

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »

Alwayz..."rust belt" is a term used to describe areas, mainly in the midwest, that used to be hubs of  steel mills and manufacturing facilities.  Now these abandoned factories dot the landscape literally rusting away...very depressing..
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #72 on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

Casey Anthony case: Leonard Padilla returning to town
posted by halboedeker on Nov 24, 2008 9:13:58 AM

Leonard Padilla is returning to town. A donor has provided $50,000 to help the bounty hunter continue his search for Caylee Anthony.

That development was the main news this weekend in the Casey Anthony case. She is charged with first-degree murder in her toddler's disappearance.

"People might call him crazy, but bounty hunter Leonard Padilla says he's planning an exhaustive new search of the bottom of the Econ River in hopes of finding Caylee Anthony's remains," said Bob Kealing of WESH-Channel 2.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that Padilla would not identify the donor.

Another Padilla search in Blanchard Park was a false alarm -- "a frenzy," WFTV called it -- that received exhaustive live TV coverage earlier this month. Kealing reported that Padilla has not taken a lie-detector test yet about that search. To WESH, Padilla repeated that he did not plant evidence in that unsuccessful search.

WKMG-Channel 6 and WFTV-Channel 9 looked again at George Anthony's interviews this summer with the FBI interrogators. Those tapes were released Friday and received extensive scrutiny that day.

The Anthony camp isn't saying a lot about George's eye-opening comments this summer. Then he said he had smelled what seemed like a decomposing body in Casey's car.

"We'll make a statement later this week," an Anthony family spokeswoman told WRDQ-Channel 27 (whose news is produced by sister station WFTV).

That comment came at a prayer vigil Sunday night, and WRDQ noted that it had kept "a respectful distance" from the Anthonys.

On Monday morning, WFTV promised to be at the Anthony home all morning to try to get a comment from the family.

The case moves to court Tuesday when a judge hears motions from Jose Baez, Casey's attorney, who seeks more evidence from the state.

(statement pulled out from the above):

"We'll make a statement later this week"

Oh yeah, gotta give them time to come up with just the right spin on things.  heh

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: November 24, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »

Wyks - hello my long lost neighbor 

Your son saying KC's name was familiar almost made me fall outta my chair - the world is tooo small!  Thank God he didnt recognize her. 
If you almost fell outta your chair, just imagine Wyks reaction when her son thought KC's name was familiar.

There was a girl here in my store earlier this morning, we were mixing up some swatches for a design she liked.  I asked her for her name when she first came in and she said in a very southern drawl of a voice "Casey".  Everyone in here, my driver, and then the front of the store clerk turned and gave her a once over...I had to explain that they were not being rude, she just happens to have a name associated with an unfortunate situation.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: November 24, 2008, 03:54:34 PM »

cream of the crop, its very hard to get to that level, so from listening to GA I
I wondered that too, then I remembered it was in Ohio so that explained it for me. 

I never said Hilbillies!  I just said "Ohio".  My Grandma lives in Ohio...but she still knows how they can be!
Oh I know, I'm just jokin'!  I know having "homicide" on your resume doesn't hold a whole lot of weight unless your in Cleveland, Cincinnati, or other large metro area. 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2008, 03:56:04 PM »

Above is a link to Warren, Ohio newspaper article citing George Anthony's LE experience while living in Ohio.  He was a sheriff's deputy....that's all.  You would have to understand Trumbull County Ohio.  I doubt much was required to get hired in that department at that time other than knowing the right people.  Even his brother in law is unclear if he was actually a homicide detective. 

Thanks for finding that, numbersgirl!     If George's brother wasn't even sure, then my guess is ummmmmm nope!  lol

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »

Oh I know, I'm just jokin'!  I know having "homicide" on your resume doesn't hold a whole lot of weight unless your in Cleveland, Cincinnati, or other large metro area. 

Hey Lovinlife...are you my neighbor?  I'm stuck in NE Ohio.
alwayz-wondering
Scared Monkey

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:02 PM »

Alwayz..."rust belt" is a term used to describe areas, mainly in the midwest, that used to be hubs of  steel mills and manufacturing facilities.  Now these abandoned factories dot the landscape literally rusting away...very depressing..

Thanks for the education Numbers    I thought that it might be, but you know what happens when you assume....
I'm in the midwest too, but a tad more rural than you, Nebraska, the land of cornfields. We dont have steel mills in our neck of the woods.
anothermonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:17 PM »

Hhhhuuummm Did Michelle Bart know the Anthony's prior to Caylee going missing? 

IMO there is enough similarities between the child she is holding and Caylee to compare just as she is doing right now to someone else's child .... Either this is Caylee OR Michelle Bart better soon come to realize that there are MANY children that resemble Caylee and that running to the media with random unidentified photos of children is insane!

Was it you that said she couldn't be married because she was gay?  I am able to view her facebook profile because I'm in the same network as she is- well, that's what facebook says.  And I think  you're right about that. Not that I care whether or not she's gay.. but it makes me wonder even more where the last name Capuano comes from?   

Denial- turning people crazy all over the world! 
mstam656
Scared Monkey

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2008, 04:04:35 PM »

Thanks for finding that, numbersgirl!     If George's brother wasn't even sure, then my guess is ummmmmm nope!  lol

not to mention..it is heresy....nothing official said by anyone official!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.