April 18, 2024, 06:56:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #780 11/26/08 - 12/3/08  (Read 277526 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #440 on: November 28, 2008, 08:43:14 PM »

From what I gather, Rudy Croes is pointing a finger at Jan Van der Straten for a lot of things that have gone wrong, including Natalee's case.  JMO

11/28/2008 Bondia
http://bondia.com

Papiamentu Translation:

the unique cu have cu carga responsabilidad for cuerpo policial is minister rudy croes
friday, 28 november 2008
oranjestad – the problem more earnest cu have cuerpo policial as cu the is according ex comisario jan vd straten is cu owing to stop cu his declaration of policy of reorganisacion. “e declaration of policy have to owing to follow. owing to stop this or the la cai for of hand. my not know. the train have to sigui” vd straten owing to declara at good morning aruba. this is reaccion of the ex comisario on the.o. declaracion of minister rudy croes cu the week here still owing to declara cu the problem in cuerpo policial is debi at the ml work of jan vd straten cu the will owing to let behind. on comentario of minister of husticia cu vd straten do not serve, the ex comisario was breve. according vd straten, con can cu after of three year cu the tabatei, now rudy croes owing to achieve is good for critica his work. “awor are you talk of dje? ai not, leumai. i do not go in discusion cu minister of husticia” vd straten owing to tell provided that breve. the is let the mandatario of husticia carga his own responsabilidad. “mi do not go in discusion. the is the unique person cu have cu carga responsabilidad for her cuerpo, y not van der straten, neither one another hende” the ex comisario owing to follow tell. aworaki according vd straten can owing to compronde have one reogranisacion tumando lugar for thing is the barionan, y according vd straten is much important for this take lugar. have to know that is in district, y that is thief y that is haci bad. aumento of criminalidad is follow aumenta in end of year y because; such is important for police is visible on caya. the mature cu the plan do not funciona is because owing to stop the plan of vd straten according the ex comisario owing to let know. time of alwin nectar y jan vd straten because; comisario they owing to work on one good plan. now is siguiendo cu one reorganisacion but they're haciendo this at they as. for fix the situation, percura for do you have more person trahando, usando the recursonan as arumil. cosnan so is much important. but is see cu one great cantidad of person einan y at guard costa, do not trahando. algo cu not can. was one day anterior cu minister of husticia owing to critica actuacion of pasado of jan vd straten severamente. owing to show cu is thanks at the bad work of vd straten cu today the cuerpo is as cu the is. (lesa articulo adhunto) come across

(I will have to type this one out to get a translation, hope to get it done soon)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #441 on: November 28, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »

This is one photograph of the ALE dive boat on January 7th.  There is another photograph that I haven't found, yet.  The dive boat is along side of the Persistence in the second photograph.  The seas do not look rough to me and the distance isn't far from shore as evident in the photograph.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #442 on: November 28, 2008, 08:49:31 PM »

This is one photograph of the ALE dive boat on January 7th.  There is another photograph that I haven't found, yet.  The dive boat is along side of the Persistence in the second photograph.  The seas do not look rough to me and the distance isn't far from shore as evident in the photograph.

That is a Dateline screenshot, so I don't think it's from the January 7th dive. 

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #443 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:17 PM »

I think this is the other one you're looking for, but it is also from Dateline. 

SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #444 on: November 28, 2008, 08:55:56 PM »

TM - You're right.  I need to find the second photograph where the dive boat is alongside the Persistance.
SS
Monkey Junky

« Reply #445 on: November 28, 2008, 09:00:18 PM »

I think this is the other one you're looking for, but it is also from Dateline. 

TM - You're good.  This is the second photograph.  If it's marked Dateline, then this one was also from later in January.  I am not a diver, but would the seas be rough this close to the shore?  The trap location doesn't look very far from the beach and it was only in 90 feet of water.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #446 on: November 28, 2008, 09:08:36 PM »

From what I gather, Rudy Croes is pointing a finger at Jan Van der Straten for a lot of things that have gone wrong, including Natalee's case.  JMO

Thank you Texasmom. Wish they had started pointing fingers at each other around the first week of June 2005. Better late than never I guess. rudt has chastised Straten in the past, eluding to a lot of suspicious phone calls between Jan and Paulus in the first days after Natalee went missing. Tell us more, Rudy!

owing to show cu is thanks at the bad work of vd straten cu today the cuerpo is as cu the is. (lesa articulo adhunto) come across

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #447 on: November 28, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »

Thank you Texasmom. Wish they had started pointing fingers at each other around the first week of June 2005. Better late than never I guess. rudt has chastised Straten in the past, eluding to a lot of suspicious phone calls between Jan and Paulus in the first days after Natalee went missing. Tell us more, Rudy!

owing to show cu is thanks at the bad work of vd straten cu today the cuerpo is as cu the is. (lesa articulo adhunto) come across

You're welcome Dayhiker, and I agree with you 100%! 

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #448 on: November 28, 2008, 10:05:34 PM »

Sorry if this was discussed, but came across it while looking for indication of dates for Tim being of the boat in the thread Blonde started…

Anyone have any info on the dates or time span, please.  TIA

From Kyle’s Log…I believe

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.0

Sun 06-Jan 1635
The seas abated sufficiently to maintain our progress through the night and into the early morning hours. The Persistence arrived dockside around 0430 hrs this morning.
Snipped

Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid. The new grid more than doubles the original search area. If completed, the total area thoroughly searched will be 80% the size of Aruba. Currently, the seas are calm relative to what we've been experiencing. The four digits posted on the echo-sounder is a reminder of the limits being put to the test.

Mum, the question was asked, but I do not believe exact dates were confirmed.  Someone posted a screen shot from the Dateline program of an email Dave had from the contact in Nicaragua dated January 12, 2008 (don't recall who posted).  I just finished watching clips on YouTube of that show and again saw that email but the only thing said during the program was that Dave asked Tim to check out the lead sometime in January. 

There was also no date mentioned in the show after December 30, 2007 where the thumbs down signal was given.  Hanson only stated that the Aruban crew dove following to retrieve from the cage...no specific date mentioned, to my knowledge.

Fri 04-Jan-1557 hrs
The skies are clear and the winds are strong and steady. Wind 25kts gusting 30+. Seas 5-6ft, with the occasional 10ft+ swell. The seas are too rough to run sonar into the seas, so we shift to a different grid with lines running perpendicular to the dominant swells. Working in side-seas produces somewhat cleaner data, but takes a heavy toll on the crew rolling and heaving about inside the boat.

Brief squall
Sat 05-Jan- 0025 hrs

The wind and seas have not let up at all throughout day and night. Working in the rough conditions is taking its toll on some of the crew. Regardless, spirits and hope remain high as we push onwards. Working in side-seas proved unrealistic. The last resort is to dead-head straight into the seas without recording and acquire data with the swells moving with the vessel. Although time consuming, at least production is maintained even though it is at half the rate.

Many have confused adventure with inconvenience, trading the provocative for status quo. I believe exploration both in terms of our surroundings and within ourselves is the essence of human spirit. When denied, we're left feeling isolated and unknown. When we have the courage to search these depths, we learn the most about who we are and hopefully a thing or two about each other and our surroundings.

Sat 05-Jan-1610 hrs
The Persistence arrived dockside at 0500 hrs after a long night offshore. A few hours sitting still at the dock is revitalizing for a few of the beleaguered crew. Outside, the winds are unrelenting and whip the sea into angry white caps which crash onto the protective reef skirting the harbor. Even the heartiest seabirds have taken cover. The tourist submersible Atlantis VI cancels its evening tour in lieu of being forced backwards by the driving currents. Inside, the Persistence is bustling with the daily chores of living on board a boat. With a whistle and a rumble, the twin Diesels comes alive without complaint. Once they’re warm, the lines are tossed and we’re off.

Jan7,We know thet went down and got evidence because of this picture but Kyle doesn't post

Jan8,  nothing reported       

Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure. The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid. The new grid more than doubles the original search area. If completed, the total area thoroughly searched will be 80% the size of Aruba. Currently, the seas are calm relative to what we've been experiencing. The four digits posted on the echo-sounder is a reminder of the limits being put to the test.

Every body of water near land has its own unique character, temperament, and color. The nature of water is governed by the trio of land, sea, and sky. The sea surface reflects the sky, the water column contains the turbidity from the land, and the seabed stares upward through the water column as long as the water allows it to. However, as the seabed falls away into the abyss, the color is always the same dark navy blue. Staring into these deep and dark waters reminds me that this island is surrounded by the same water that flows throughout our entire world. On the surface, the expanse of the sea divides us. Looking deeper, it is really what connects us all. Perhaps the sea gives a reflection of human nature and not just the sky.

Thurs 11-Jan 0030 hrs
The bathymetric survey of the new grid is completed. The search area now totals approximately 57 sq miles, compared to the original 22 sq miles.

Maritime map making has long been an integral aspect of ocean exploration. As adventure seeking sea-faring men of old expanded their frontier, master artisans such as Ortelius and Cicero painstakingly plotted their progress. Instead of producing drab plots where form follows function, they used their artistry to produce meaningful navigation aids and passionately capture the spirit of exploration into their product. Areas of the yet-unknown are filled with caricatures of sea monsters and mermaids.

Today, a new generation of maritime map making, perhaps ushered in by Heezen and Tharpe, provides a new look into the abyss. Hand-painted murals with Latin place names are now replaced with computer generated 3D perspective views with satellite imagery. The old merchant ships and frigates that once sailed these waters charting coastlines and reefs claimed by the sea can now be found and mapped. It's an interesting connection between the old and new and we sail the same seas.

Flashback: Sat 12-Jan 2000 hrs
Line by line through the night and day, the captain, navigator and I evade the beast. My eyes are focused and hands steady at the controls as the captain brings the Persistence around on line for one last joust through the Leviathan’s lair. Communication is clear and concise. The teamwork between the operator, navigator and boat captain is crucial to our success. The towfish descends where the sentient beast is waiting and ready. This time, the beast reluctantly submits and the Leviathan retreats to its lair after being bested time and time again. The Persistence claims the victory.

A prolonged operation of any kind at or near their limits often leads to trouble and breakdown. The Persistence has operated under strenuous conditions for over a month without incident, failure, or breakdown of any kind. After the battle with the beast, the Persistence heads to the dock for some needed preventative equipment maintenance and rest for the crew. A couple days rest after nearly a month without ceasing is a welcome break for all.

Sat 12-Jan 1340 hrs
The progress of the past couple nights embolden the search team and fortified our confidence to begin work on the deepest portion of the search area. After the bathymetric survey, a plan of attack was drafted and we set out into the depths. The previous search areas gave us the impression the seabed was a worn, tired, old beast with a relatively subdued attitude and benign character. However, adventuring into the depths brought us straight into the grasp of a much different beast. We found ourselves in the lair of the Leviathan.

Descending into the depths, 3000 ft+ of cable spools off the winch. The Persistence slows as the towfish fades far behind the boat. After a long while, the seabed- smooth and welcoming begins to come into range. We descend further, but proceed with a tense sense of danger. It's suddenly clear the beast was waiting for us with baited breath. The towfish narrowly escapes being devoured, skirting between several massive fang-like rocks. A large curled stony-tongue extrudes beneath the sonar, passing through the beast's jaws. The Persistence quickly fires the throttles forward vaulting the sonar away from the sea floor. Without hesitation, the mighty beast gives chase with surprising agility. Skimming over ancient carbonate spines and a bifurcated tail of current-quarried rock the towfish takes flight, besting the Leviathan.

With the lessons and limits learned from the first pass, we strategically withdraw before moving in for the fight. Line by line, the Leviathan and the Persistence battle all night and through the morning. The beast knows that with one slip the towfish belongs to him. We know that if our assault is flawless, the Leviathan will yield its secrets.
Posted by Kyle Kingman at 11:44 AM 29 comments 
Labels: Aruba, Aruba missing girl, Natalee Holloway, Search for Natalee Holloway, Sonar Search
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
X. Persistence
Fri 12-Jan 1145 hrs
The seas calmed down dramatically since Wednesday. Last night was smooth sailing and saw double the progress of the previous nights.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 08:41:16 AM by Blonde » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #449 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:43 PM »

TM - You're right.  I need to find the second photograph where the dive boat is alongside the Persistance.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/23302471#23302581

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »

Doesn't it look like the cage is bone dry and laying on the sand with the bags in it????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Frank
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2008, 10:27:19 PM »

texasmom,

Does it say that it the article? Nothing would make me happier than to see some attention on van der straaten (arubadirtypolice) and does it say anything specifically about the phone calls?

Gee, I wonder if Greta will play the tapes of Joran without the beeps.

Anyone ever bother to think that this tortured sociopath is trying to communicate, just as a human being and maybe he is isolated and lashing out?

Wonder if one of those names is van der straaten or Jacobs. Coincidence that Rudy Croes drops a name, finally?

That damn Greta interview, what a waste, yeah right. Please someday give Joran more of a pallette to paint the picture, and keep giving him paint.

And Dana, if Joran calls, I'll give you the money for his fee, just let him keep flowing, it will come. We want him alive if we ever have a chance to bring Natalee home, and put to rest.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

texasmom,

Does it say that it the article? Nothing would make me happier than to see some attention on van der straaten (arubadirtypolice) and does it say anything specifically about the phone calls?

Gee, I wonder if Greta will play the tapes of Joran without the beeps.

Anyone ever bother to think that this tortured sociopath is trying to communicate, just as a human being and maybe he is isolated and lashing out?

Wonder if one of those names is van der straaten or Jacobs. Coincidence that Rudy Croes drops a name, finally?

That damn Greta interview, what a waste, yeah right. Please someday give Joran more of a pallette to paint the picture, and keep giving him paint.

And Dana, if Joran calls, I'll give you the money for his fee, just let him keep flowing, it will come. We want him alive if we ever have a chance to bring Natalee home, and put to rest.

Frank,
Let me say first that I'm not good with Papiamentu at all, even after running things through the translator I struggle with it.  It does seem to me that Rudy Croes is blaming Van der Straten for issues with the Polis.  There has been a lawsuit in the news recently that was filed by 27 members of the polis force.  I don't know all the details because most of the news I've seen about it is in Papiamentu.  I think it was regarding hours and polis coverage of certain areas of the island.  I thought this being in the news at the same time may have been part of Rudy Croes comments.  I haven't finished typing the other article that had "Holloway" mentioned yet.  I'm working on it, but I had to stop for a while.  It's very hard for me to read it.  I need to face facts and invest in some reading glasses, lol.  I will post the translation of that one asap.  The telephone calls between Paulus Vandersloot and Vanderstraten are not in the articles to my knowledge.  Dayhiker and I were referring to reports from very early in the case.  I'm sorry I don't know more.  If I come across any reports that are easier to read, I'll post them.

Also about the bleeped names....Van der Straten, Jacobs, and Dompig top my list of candidates.  jmo

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2008, 11:24:46 PM »

In the midst of all of his prose, Kyle plainly states that they are
mapping the ocean floor to a depth of 3000'.
He knew they had probably already found Natalee, in my opinion, so why
keep mapping in such horrid conditions?
They had an ulterior motive.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2008, 11:51:24 PM »

This may not be perfect, I did my best to type it correctly and then ran it through the translator.

minister rudy croes do not sconde his disgust for cu the ex police here jan van der straten is culpable for her situation of cuerpo policial aworaki y fracas holloway oranjestad- ex comisario of police jan van der straten is the culpable for cu the cuerpo of police cu we have aworaki. this is according minister of husticia rudy croes in one declaracion at prensia yesterday, “sr van der straten live trankil at aruba nomete cu the irabounan of polis” croes owing to bias reaccionando on one declaracion cu vd straten owing to haci one day first at television. according croes, is van der straten is one of the culpubclanan cu today the caso of natalee holloway do not resolvi debi at fayonan cu did take lugar at comienso of the easo here, because; such awer aruba is in one situation where cu constantemente have luz negative reba the asunto here in prensa internacional. croes owing to cucstiona the rapport controversial cu vd straten owing to work because; part of the plan of restructuracion of cuerpo policial. y is debi at the rapport here, today have less police on caya where cu polisinan cu ranga now is sit in airco inside tav work, while cu they have to was pafo. the mandatario of husticia not had none word beautiful for vd straten y more bien owing to yame the culpable of the asuntonan cu police is confronta aworaki. vd straten not can come critica nothing aworaki because all thing is bad aworaki is the self owing to sow this according minister of husticia rudy croes. is conoci cu croes never not owing to like vd straten y some bisha end owing to try core cune. but this not owing to succeed y have to owing to work yet cu vd straten for motibonan legal. but aworaki cu vd straten do not in function more, croes not owing to save his disgust for cu the funcionamento of the ex official high of police cu owing to cargo the rango of more high of police because; alto comisario interino time cu the was in funcion still. one day anterior, vd straten owing to give one declaracion where cu c was enough critic on c mancho of police actual come across, c situation of criminaldad, y funcionamento of oficialnan of cea. come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #455 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:18 AM »

I don't think I understand any more than I did before the translation!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #456 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:21 AM »

There are so many encouraging comments here on just one portion of Kyle's blog.  I brought one of mine and a couple more over from the few days we're talking about. 

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6300940444130343140&postID=4708342715333502082

snip:

carpe said...
Natalee, I pray each and everyday for you to be found. You have an all-star team of angels looking out for you. I think you will be coming home very soon, my dear.
January 6, 2008 10:11 PM

lousw said...
Our anxiety level is high as we patiently sit and wait for the Persistence to find the treasure that they so hope to find, that treasure being one lost, loved young woman named Natalee.
We pray that the quiet inner voice you hear is getting stronger as you near your goal. The whole world is watching and waiting and praying that this may finally be the end of many months of unknowing and immense heartbreak. So many people from all over have written so many wonderful thoughts, prayers and poems for you, the caring and dedicated team of searchers, and for those who made the search possible. It truly shows that there is love in this world that can not be surpassed nor suppressed. This love has been brought forth for all to see because of one beautiful soul, Natalee.
God bless you each and every day as you continue with this effort for Natalee and her families.
January 6, 2008 10:17 PM

texasmom said...
Kyle and Persistence Crew,
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I know that the seas have been rough and you must be exhausted. You will never know just how grateful so many people are for your heroic efforts. From what I hear one of the suspects and his wife watched from the beach today; I pray that God will find a way to touch their cold hearts and encourage them to do the right thing. God Bless All of You!
January 7, 2008 12:41 AM

******* said...
Hello Persistence!!
Just wanted to send you a friendly greeting from the chilly East Coast USA :)Each day is a new day and I am hoping and praying that Natalee's day is today. We are all proud of you guys and the sacrafice you have made for this young girl.
If you know where Natalee is,then this is the place to send a anonymous message. Natalee was only 18 years old and deserves to be laid to rest back in her home town. Please do whats right.
January 7, 2008 12:59 AM

snip:

Anonymous said...
No posts on Jan 7 or Jan 8 yet from the bloggers or from the site, no update. What is going on?
Waiting in suspence...
January 8, 2008 2:15 PM

Anonymous said...
Is the search over?
January 8, 2008 11:57 PM

Sharon/Tx said...
I hope the seas have calmed and that you and the crew are doing well. Look towards the horizon and the sun and keep your spirits up. I hope you feel the prayers coming your way! Godspeed!
January 9, 2008 7:05 AM

Anonymous said...
Thanks for the update. I was nervous these past 2 days. I would rather you lose internet connection then to hear the search is over.
Thanks for your dedication as the seas are rough. Please becareful.
Yes, as someone else stated.
Anybody that has any information please leave it on here or call anonymous, we all just want to find her.
Good luck Crew on Persistence, we are praying with you!
January 9, 2008 11:49 AM

Anonymous said...
Hi Persistence crew! We are behind you in California. Let's pray together as Americans to bring beautiful Natalee home to Alabama.
I would also like to see the three plus the father punished once and for all for their crimes against a beautiful young woman who had her life in front of her.
Natalee had more potential in her little finger than the collective intelligence, or lack thereor, of that entire stinking island.
January 9, 2008 5:43 PM

Anonymous said...
Kyle tell the crew to hang in there and not to get discouraged. I wish I could be there helping you guys out. You guys are in my prayers.
January 9, 2008 5:45 PM

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #457 on: November 29, 2008, 12:32:56 AM »

There are so many encouraging comments here on just one portion of Kyle's blog.  I brought one of mine and a couple more over from the few days we're talking about. 

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6300940444130343140&postID=4708342715333502082

snip:

carpe said...
Natalee, I pray each and everyday for you to be found. You have an all-star team of angels looking out for you. I think you will be coming home very soon, my dear.
January 6, 2008 10:11 PM

lousw said...
Our anxiety level is high as we patiently sit and wait for the Persistence to find the treasure that they so hope to find, that treasure being one lost, loved young woman named Natalee.
We pray that the quiet inner voice you hear is getting stronger as you near your goal. The whole world is watching and waiting and praying that this may finally be the end of many months of unknowing and immense heartbreak. So many people from all over have written so many wonderful thoughts, prayers and poems for you, the caring and dedicated team of searchers, and for those who made the search possible. It truly shows that there is love in this world that can not be surpassed nor suppressed. This love has been brought forth for all to see because of one beautiful soul, Natalee.
God bless you each and every day as you continue with this effort for Natalee and her families.
January 6, 2008 10:17 PM

texasmom said...
Kyle and Persistence Crew,
Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I know that the seas have been rough and you must be exhausted. You will never know just how grateful so many people are for your heroic efforts. From what I hear one of the suspects and his wife watched from the beach today; I pray that God will find a way to touch their cold hearts and encourage them to do the right thing. God Bless All of You!
January 7, 2008 12:41 AM

******* said...
Hello Persistence!!
Just wanted to send you a friendly greeting from the chilly East Coast USA :)Each day is a new day and I am hoping and praying that Natalee's day is today. We are all proud of you guys and the sacrafice you have made for this young girl.
If you know where Natalee is,then this is the place to send a anonymous message. Natalee was only 18 years old and deserves to be laid to rest back in her home town. Please do whats right.
January 7, 2008 12:59 AM

snip:

Anonymous said...
No posts on Jan 7 or Jan 8 yet from the bloggers or from the site, no update. What is going on?
Waiting in suspence...
January 8, 2008 2:15 PM

Anonymous said...
Is the search over?
January 8, 2008 11:57 PM

Sharon/Tx said...
I hope the seas have calmed and that you and the crew are doing well. Look towards the horizon and the sun and keep your spirits up. I hope you feel the prayers coming your way! Godspeed!
January 9, 2008 7:05 AM

Anonymous said...
Thanks for the update. I was nervous these past 2 days. I would rather you lose internet connection then to hear the search is over.
Thanks for your dedication as the seas are rough. Please becareful.
Yes, as someone else stated.
Anybody that has any information please leave it on here or call anonymous, we all just want to find her.
Good luck Crew on Persistence, we are praying with you!
January 9, 2008 11:49 AM

Anonymous said...
Hi Persistence crew! We are behind you in California. Let's pray together as Americans to bring beautiful Natalee home to Alabama.
I would also like to see the three plus the father punished once and for all for their crimes against a beautiful young woman who had her life in front of her.
Natalee had more potential in her little finger than the collective intelligence, or lack thereor, of that entire stinking island.
January 9, 2008 5:43 PM

Anonymous said...
Kyle tell the crew to hang in there and not to get discouraged. I wish I could be there helping you guys out. You guys are in my prayers.
January 9, 2008 5:45 PM

I read them all, texasmom....anonymous stood out because he/she saw the silence....just an observation.  Thanks for all you do.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2008, 01:34:24 AM »

Sorry if this was discussed, but came across it while looking for indication of dates for Tim being of the boat in the thread Blonde started…

Anyone have any info on the dates or time span, please.  TIA

From Kyle’s Log…I believe

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4145.0

Sun 06-Jan 1635
The seas abated sufficiently to maintain our progress through the night and into the early morning hours. The Persistence arrived dockside around 0430 hrs this morning.
Snipped

Wed 09-Jan 1816 hrs
All Internet connectivity was lost for two days due to rough seas and equipment failure.
The old adage "No news is good news" only applies on land. Offshore, the 'Law of the Sea' rules and no news usually just means "lost contact". The seas were 6-8ft with the occasional 12+ft swell. The past two nights were spent conducting a bathymetry-only survey of the new grid. The new grid more than doubles the original search area. If completed, the total area thoroughly searched will be 80% the size of Aruba. Currently, the seas are calm relative to what we've been experiencing. The four digits posted on the echo-sounder is a reminder of the limits being put to the test.

Where the contents of the removed?Where the pictures of the zip-lock bags not taken on Jan 7th???Mum??

January  7th

Thanx for that Blonde.Was aware of the date but my brain was goin a million different directions while eating some Blackberry pie from thanxgiving.Been reading the posts regarding the weather when there was silence.Is there factual proof of what type of weather was going on during this time??If the seas are that rough is it safe to send divers down??How were pictures,and or the ROV working in such rough seas??Was Kyle(OE) on the boat at this time??If not.How was he able to do a blog regarding what was happening on the persistence if there was no communication capabilities??Was the persistence in communication with anyone during this period??

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #459 on: November 29, 2008, 01:40:52 AM »

Did any television/newspaper cover the Persistence when it arrived back at New Iberia?  I looked at the local paper that had a prior article but nothing. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.