April 19, 2024, 07:30:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #780 11/26/08 - 12/3/08  (Read 277548 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »

Dnan ... I personally cannot comprehend the benefit of giving Steve Cohen a platform to further the Aruban agenda of protecting Paulus van der Sloot.

However … I agree with Beth Holloway … allowing that platform to Joran van der Sloot is a very good thing. Every time Joran speaks he implicates himself all the more in the event encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 as well as his father.

I applaud Greta for keeping the Natalee Holloway case from becoming a distance memory.  I applaud Greta for reminding American that a missing 18 year old American was denied justice by a corrupt Aruban investigation who was H--- bent on protecting their own.

Janet
______

Beth Twitty’s response to the Joran/Greta interview (2006) …

On the Record w/ Greta
Transcript: Beth Twitty Responds
Tuesday, March 21, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, you and I have spent an awful lot of time together, talked together. You know my entire staff. Was it difficult for you that we sat down with him?

TWITTY: Oh, no. No, I mean, I think that any time that we can get Joran speaking, I think that he only incriminates himself every time.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188645,00.html

Beth Twitty’s response to the Primetime interview …

NANCY GRACE
Joran Van Der Sloot Speaks Out
Aired February 23, 2006 - 20:00:00 ET

TWITTY: … I`m just glad that he is coming out and speaking on camera because I heard a clip that you — a sound bite earlier, and he does — when he tells one lie, more evolve And it just is mind-boggling how we are all just witnessing this from Joran.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0602/23/ng.01.html

Im curious do you applaud Greta for paying for a sociopath like Joran to come on her show, lie through his teeth, give false hope in my opinion. Then for her to sit on this so called new evidence and save it for ratings week.
The show wasnt about keeping the story alive, many besides Greta do, its just giving him (Joran) a platform and to pay him.

He used Greta plain and simple.

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2008, 11:21:40 AM »

Yep.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2008, 11:24:58 AM »

I do not know where the turkey went but when I find him it is going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: November 27, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Rob I can't go through Thanksgiving without thinking about your infamous Turkey locked in oven story.  A classic.

I am making my 2nd batch of pumpkin bars this a.m. since I did an equally stupid thing last night with the first batch.  LOL

Again, God bless everyone and hugs from Frijole... still standing with the girl.

Too funny Beans! Soon as I saw Rob's post I immediately thought of his infamous turkey in the oven story!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #285 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »

I do not know where the turkey went but when I find him it is going to be a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Be sure to ask Rob about directions for the oven if and when you find the turkey.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #286 on: November 27, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »

The Betrayal of Natalee

Dale Netherton
November 27, 2008

The recent interview of Joran Van Der Sloot, that was recanted ,opened the door to the most plausible explanation of what happened on that evening in May in Aruba. That door was introduced far earlier and should have been examined but is only now considered after a known liar tosses out the scenario to a blinder driven press that chose to focus on murder and an unfound body. The press can no longer announce with unfounded conviction that Natalee is dead. The credibility of Joran will not place this explanation of the event on solid ground but the way is now clear to reexamine why this is the most plausible explanation and now needs to be more thoroughly investigated.

I invite the reader to start by looking at my essay, "An Evaded Natalee Holloway Theory" published on March 24, 2006 at http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/7184 . Had this analysis been considered we would be much farther along in the investigation than we are today? It was this willingness to jump to a solution without integrating the known facts that may have cost Natalee her life or at least a greater portion of it. You may ask why would the media be so obtuse to avoid an obvious possibility? They knew that if such a scenario as Joran unfolded did occur they would be left with mud on their face. Evidently they either discounted the possibility as remote enough to ignore or they were so wound up in their preconceived notions that they couldn´t think outside the box.

The issue of Beth Twitty's (Natalee´s Mother) reaction and demeanor has been dealt with and her latest reaction is consistent with that analysis offered at http://www.americanchronicle.com/spool/articles/mine/view/67407 entitled " A Piece of the Puzzle?" The evasion of Joran and his interviews that reveal someone with a threat on his life or his family is consistent. Putting something out to try to exonerate himself and then recanting is not just a simple game but a reaction to a threat about something he may have said that could implicate some major player in this den of iniquity. This leads to the other evasion the media is intent on propagating. The involvement of the Aruba authorities and their role in human trafficking. Joran spilled the beans big time when he mentioned his father buying off some police officers. This statement opens the door to official corruption and you can bet the authorities are not going to implicate themselves. When this dawned on them Joran was undoubtedly contacted and told to deny the truth of the interview. You could believe he simply made up the whole thing so he could deny it just to make himself less credible. Again the issue of motive arises and for Joran there was no bag of money to entice him to give an interview that he would later deny. That kills future interviews.

This stumbling and evading of what should have been a straightforward investigation is the cause of a girl who may be alive living in a hell on earth for years without anyone seriously trying to find her or even considering she might still be alive. Did this enter Joran´s mind? Was his interview an attempt at atonement or merely a way to see if he could put someone on the trail to find Natalee and clear him of any involvement in what might turn out to be a murder? Passing Natalee off to thugs that might cause her demise would make him an accomplice. Especially if he remained silent. That may have been the impetus for his participation in the interview. The interview may have only awakened those who do not want to be investigated. They may have told him as much.

The truth is the pace and the obstacles of this case are being downplayed. Relying on the Aruba authorities is a first class stalemate. When a prosecutor refuses to even look at an interview tape of a confession you have to suspect there must be some reason for it. As before, anything that leads toward the truth and the exposure of the players is thwarted by stalling, erroneous conclusions, false testimony, futile searches and evasion. This pattern can have only one explanation. That explanation is that these people have something to hide. Who will call them out on this? Certainly not the media because they need absolute proof such as a rat within who comes forward. The implication could be editorialized and the pattern reviewed and questioned. Do you see this? No and you probably won´t.

The word needs to be spread to Natalee even if it takes the form of a note in a bottle at sea that there are people who believe she is alive and can be saved. Even a false confession by Joran ( if it was false) can be a jumping off point that leaves the possibility of hope for Natalee. This is the banter that needs to spread now that it has been concretely identified and brought to the center stage of awareness. Speak out in what ever way you can for a girl that was a victim of a crime that can only be solved and justice achieved by the voices that ask that the truth be determined and all those involved named. Natalee is the poster child now of the crusade to address human trafficking. Let´s not disappoint her any further.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/82888

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #287 on: November 27, 2008, 11:57:06 AM »

the Cage

http://forensicthoughtprints.com

Three small buildings collectively known as Fisherman's Huts sit next to each other on the beach separated by approximately 100 feet. They were built some time in the 1940s. (A fourth hut—the most distant one on the beach going north toward the lighthouse—was destroyed several years ago in a hurricane.) Each small building consists of four individual units very small in size approximately 9 feet by 15 feet. As I approached the first of the three tiny Fisherman's Huts buildings, I soon learned that this was the one in which the 2005 break-in occurred. There a lone fisherman was cleaning out his fishing boat on the beach next to the first of the three Fisherman's Huts. Uncertain as to his sympathies regarding the Holloway case, I engaged him in general conversation. He was pleasant, friendly and unfailingly polite.

Rather quickly it emerged that he was The Fisherman who had discovered the break-in to the units on the morning of May 30, 2005. He related the following story.

He had been at this hut at 6 am that Monday morning May 30, 2005. Before long, he noticed that someone had broken into the first three of the four units in this particular group, from north to south, prying off the padlocks with something like a tire iron or a crowbar. He showed me the still-visible marks of the break-in on each unit. He described in detail the contents of each unit and the nature of the break-in.

Facing the first of the Fisherman's Huts from left to right (north to south): unit 1 contained a valuable stove, cooler and other equipment but nothing went missing; unit 2 had the lock pried off but was seemingly unopened because the door was stuck (and nothing was later reported missing); unit 3 also had its lock pried off with the only missing item being a brand new, large fishing knife (no rope was taken as had originally been reported, he said); finally unit 4 remained untouched. Clearly it seemed the perpetrator(s) had broken into the units in an orderly fashion until they found the specific item they were seeking—the knife. Indeed it struck the fisherman as odd that nothing else of value was taken.

Of the three Fisherman's Hut buildings, only one was accessible to break-in. The units in the closest nearby building were going mostly unused with sand covering the entrance doors up to a couple of feet. The outermost building was seemingly abandoned and virtually in the water.
The Cage

The fisherman also noticed that a large fishing cage stored behind the first of the three Fisherman's Huts at the southern-most corner was missing. The cage had been there approximately a month since about Good Friday, March 25, 2005. The cage belonged to another fisherman who kept his boat next to these four huts. The boat was still there. But the cage was missing.

The fisherman described the cage as made of 3/8-inch iron (such as that used in concrete reinforcing—"rebar") with a frame size approximately 5 ˝ feet by 4 feet by 17 inches. He described it as a large fishing cage with its frame wrapped in chicken wire with its familiar hexagonal openings but with an opening in one panel which allowed them to trap fish. He believed that, given its size and weight, it would take two men to manage the cage. Once aboard, it would lay low on the floor of the nearby fishing boat.

The day the cage went missing, the fisherman observed an iron stain in the grass on the south side of the huts. Only sometime the next day, Tuesday, May 31, did the fisherman learn of Natalee's disappearance. Slowly he began to consider possible connections between the case of the missing American girl and the missing knife and cage. His suspicions rose when a rumor made its way around the island that Natalee had been disposed of in a container. (In retrospect, the missing knife could be explained by the suspects' need to cut a larger flap in the cage in order to fit the body into it.)

All the suspects would have needed was a gas tank, the fishermen there had suggested as they discussed the case among themselves. The suspects could easily have "borrowed" one of several fishing boats anchored nearby. (Although I don't believe the suspects used one of these boats.) The fisherman and his friends always left their boats anchored a short distance off shore.
Activity around Fisherman's Huts

The fisherman pointed out the bushes immediately south of the huts. They were often associated with clandestine activity—possibly including illegal aliens, drug dealers and even peeping Toms. He noted how people could enter the beach surreptitiously from the road by using paths running through the bushes. The local beach boys would all be intimately familiar with the area which is also a likely location for furtive drug transactions.

Clearly the bushes next to Fisherman's Huts were the first secluded area on the beach north of the hotels. Because of all this potential activity on the beach and in the bushes, the three boys would have been even more anxious to get rid of the body in the ocean that night. The reported police theory that the boys hid the body by placing it in the bushes for disposal the following night was highly unlikely. Certainly rigor mortis would have set in at 24 hours and they would not have been able to manipulate the body into the cage at that point. And the knife and the fishing cage were stolen on the night of May 29-30, 2005, not on May 31.

At this point I called Tim Miller now at sea on The Persistence to pass along the new information about the cage. He put me on the phone with John Silvetti who was pleased with my findings. From the boat they emailed a new copy of the model cage to the person constructing an actual model of the cage, and picked it up the following morning upon returning to shore. By December 21, the search team had an accurate model cage and was able to drop it into the water and obtain a sonar signature of the cage.

The on-site visit to Aruba had been helpful in clarifying several matters. In his crucial June 4, 2005 email Deepak had repeatedly referenced the "lighthouse" when describing their last night with Natalee. Was he unconsciously pointing to the body being dumped from the boat in that area? The sea waters there coming around the tip of the island were way too rough, however, and it was far more logical that the boys would have gone straight out from Fisherman's Huts in the boat—as the profile had strongly suggested. Now Deepak's emphasis on "lighthouse" took on a new meaning. He was trying to tell us Natalee's body was in a "light house" or a cage which matched his other insistence that she was in a "crack house," that is, a cage—a house with cracks in it.

As the deliberate, time-consuming sonar search progressed, I came home to Alabama but returned to Aruba on December 29 when the ROV team began their work. Throughout this visit I maintained regular telephone contact with Tim Miller on the boat and Dave Holloway back in Mississippi as we monitored the search.

I revisited Fisherman's Huts for further discussion with the local fishermen. I specifically wanted to know how far out into the sea could a speedboat have taken Natalee's body in May 2005, and how deep would the water be there. While the seas were rougher now, the fishermen noted that the waters were often calm and on those occasions a boat could easily go out 10 miles or more. Dave Holloway recalled the ocean being noticeably quiet on his visit to Aruba immediately after Natalee disappeared, and, typically, the sea remains even calmer at night.

One afternoon as I stood at the Fisherman's Huts where the break-in occurred, a family in a small speedboat (approximately 14 feet) launched their craft into the water from right next to the huts. The family of two adults and four children easily made their way into the water, out 100 feet or more where you could see other bathers standing waist-deep in the water. One of the adults on the boat told me he had a larger, 20-foot craft which he often launched there. That simple observation confirmed for me that this key area was easily accessible for boats and the most convenient place to quickly and secretly load a dead girl's body into such a vessel. It seemed to be the first place along this section of the beach (north from the Holiday Inn) suitable for launching watercraft.

Early one morning Tim Miller went with me to Fisherman's Huts to go over the specifics of the break-in and location of the cage. We met with the fishermen there again. Tim agreed with me that these witnesses were very believable and that the three suspects would have disposed of Natalee's body that first night without taking the risk of hiding it nearby.

Later we saw several people windsurfing in the area directly in front of Fisherman's Huts and on down toward the lighthouse. It's likely that Joran himself windsurfed here and would surely have been familiar with this stretch of the beach. Rental shacks for windsurfing and other equipment were located shortly down the beach toward the lighthouse. Just past that, about 200 feet out in the water off Malmok Beach, was the famous Antillla Shipwreck, the remains of a scuttled 400-foot German cargo ship that was anchored off of Aruba during WW2. Many tourists simply walk down to the shipwreck site, as did several kids on the 2005 trip with Natalee.

new lock

missing knife

they use this boat for the Cage

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: November 27, 2008, 12:22:41 PM »

Dnan ... I personally cannot comprehend the benefit of giving Steve Cohen a platform to further the Aruban agenda of protecting Paulus van der Sloot.

However … I agree with Beth Holloway … allowing that platform to Joran van der Sloot is a very good thing. Every time Joran speaks he implicates himself all the more in the event encompassing the morning of May 30, 2005 as well as his father.

I applaud Greta for keeping the Natalee Holloway case from becoming a distance memory.  I applaud Greta for reminding American that a missing 18 year old American was denied justice by a corrupt Aruban investigation who was H--- bent on protecting their own.

Janet
______

On the Record w/ Greta
Tuesday, March 21, 2006

VAN SUSTEREN: Now, you and I have spent an awful lot of time together, talked together. You know my entire staff. Was it difficult for you that we sat down with him?

TWITTY: Oh, no. No, I mean, I think that any time that we can get Joran speaking, I think that he only incriminates himself every time.

NANCY GRACE

TWITTY: … I`m just glad that he is coming out and speaking on camera because I heard a clip that you — a sound bite earlier, and he does — when he tells one lie, more evolve And it just is mind-boggling how we are all just witnessing this from Joran.

I completly agree! Thank you Janet

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: November 27, 2008, 12:23:48 PM »

The Betrayal of Natalee

Dale Netherton
November 27, 2008

The recent interview of Joran Van Der Sloot, that was recanted ,opened the door to the most plausible explanation of what happened on that evening in May in Aruba. That door was introduced far earlier and should have been examined but is only now considered after a known liar tosses out the scenario to a blinder driven press that chose to focus on murder and an unfound body. The press can no longer announce with unfounded conviction that Natalee is dead. The credibility of Joran will not place this explanation of the event on solid ground but the way is now clear to reexamine why this is the most plausible explanation and now needs to be more thoroughly investigated.

I invite the reader to start by looking at my essay, "An Evaded Natalee Holloway Theory" published on March 24, 2006 at http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/7184 . Had this analysis been considered we would be much farther along in the investigation than we are today? It was this willingness to jump to a solution without integrating the known facts that may have cost Natalee her life or at least a greater portion of it. You may ask why would the media be so obtuse to avoid an obvious possibility? They knew that if such a scenario as Joran unfolded did occur they would be left with mud on their face. Evidently they either discounted the possibility as remote enough to ignore or they were so wound up in their preconceived notions that they couldn´t think outside the box.

The issue of Beth Twitty's (Natalee´s Mother) reaction and demeanor has been dealt with and her latest reaction is consistent with that analysis offered at http://www.americanchronicle.com/spool/articles/mine/view/67407 entitled " A Piece of the Puzzle?" The evasion of Joran and his interviews that reveal someone with a threat on his life or his family is consistent. Putting something out to try to exonerate himself and then recanting is not just a simple game but a reaction to a threat about something he may have said that could implicate some major player in this den of iniquity. This leads to the other evasion the media is intent on propagating. The involvement of the Aruba authorities and their role in human trafficking. Joran spilled the beans big time when he mentioned his father buying off some police officers. This statement opens the door to official corruption and you can bet the authorities are not going to implicate themselves. When this dawned on them Joran was undoubtedly contacted and told to deny the truth of the interview. You could believe he simply made up the whole thing so he could deny it just to make himself less credible. Again the issue of motive arises and for Joran there was no bag of money to entice him to give an interview that he would later deny. That kills future interviews.

This stumbling and evading of what should have been a straightforward investigation is the cause of a girl who may be alive living in a hell on earth for years without anyone seriously trying to find her or even considering she might still be alive. Did this enter Joran´s mind? Was his interview an attempt at atonement or merely a way to see if he could put someone on the trail to find Natalee and clear him of any involvement in what might turn out to be a murder? Passing Natalee off to thugs that might cause her demise would make him an accomplice. Especially if he remained silent. That may have been the impetus for his participation in the interview. The interview may have only awakened those who do not want to be investigated. They may have told him as much.

The truth is the pace and the obstacles of this case are being downplayed. Relying on the Aruba authorities is a first class stalemate. When a prosecutor refuses to even look at an interview tape of a confession you have to suspect there must be some reason for it. As before, anything that leads toward the truth and the exposure of the players is thwarted by stalling, erroneous conclusions, false testimony, futile searches and evasion. This pattern can have only one explanation. That explanation is that these people have something to hide. Who will call them out on this? Certainly not the media because they need absolute proof such as a rat within who comes forward. The implication could be editorialized and the pattern reviewed and questioned. Do you see this? No and you probably won´t.

The word needs to be spread to Natalee even if it takes the form of a note in a bottle at sea that there are people who believe she is alive and can be saved. Even a false confession by Joran ( if it was false) can be a jumping off point that leaves the possibility of hope for Natalee. This is the banter that needs to spread now that it has been concretely identified and brought to the center stage of awareness. Speak out in what ever way you can for a girl that was a victim of a crime that can only be solved and justice achieved by the voices that ask that the truth be determined and all those involved named. Natalee is the poster child now of the crusade to address human trafficking. Let´s not disappoint her any further.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/82888

Thanks Bleached for the article.

This is why I think Greta's interview was good.  Aruba doesn't need publicity like this now.  I know a lot disagree with what she did and the timing.  I do not feel the reason was for November sweeps.  There is more to this.  JMO.

Greta has said on occasion that is better to treat people nicely.  Joran went back to Greta because she was nice the first time.  This time Greta had Joran squirming in his seat.  To the point where he got up to leave.  She also had a battle with Joe Tacopina.  She went toe to toe with him and that is the real Greta.  There is a time and place for everything and now is the time.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »

Steve Cohen was a "paid" participant of the deception that has denied justice to an American citizen and ... has contributed to a 3 1/2 year ongoing nightmare for an American family.

Janet

_______

Ministry of Transportation and Tourism

The Strategic Communications Task Force is a working group established in Aruba to address the issues surrounding the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Task Force includes representatives from AHATA (Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association), ATA (Aruba Tourism Authority), business and government leaders ...

What we do

The Strategic Communications Task Force’s goal is to stay abreast of all developments in the Natalee Holloway disappearance, verify if information given is truthful and bring forward the correct facts when necessary. The Task Force also aims to inform the public and media whenever there is information that can be shared and monitor media coverage both locally and internationally in an effort to prevent and minimize any damage to the economic well being of Aruba. The Task Force believes that it is very important to keep the community at large well informed of the latest developments.

http://www.aruba.com/nholloway/taskforce.htm

Steve Cohen
ARUBA TRUTH
December 7, 2005

A coalition of groups announced Friday the appointment of Steve Cohen to act as spokesperson to North American media, in regards to the Natalee Holloway disappearance case.

AHATA and the ATA appointed Cohen to deal with all media relations concerning the case which still commands media coverage in the United States. Mr. Cohen has been part of the Strategic Communications Task Force since its creation in June. He has a full knowledge of the case and is an associate of the Strategic Message Design Group that has served in an advisory capacity to both ATA and AHATA.

The goal of this action is to coordinate the responses of the private and public sectors to North American media.

Steve Cohen
DR. PHIL SHOW
January 29, 2005

Steve Cohen, special advisor to Aruba, came on the show hoping for a chance to talk to Beth about where the investigation stands today. Dr. Phil turns to Steve. "So, you're a paid consultant?" he asks.

"That's correct," Steve replies.

"And, who pays you?" Dr. Phil probes.

"I'm actually paid by the tourism industry, which is the Aruban Tourism Authority, and also a group called AHACA, which is an association of hotel owners on the island."

http://www.drphil.com/slideshows/slideshow/3041/?id=3041&slide=4&showID=

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2008, 12:32:46 PM »

I have a question for everyone.

After seeing the latest interview of Joran and how the Aruban police were paid off to look the other way would send your child to Aruba for vacation.

Key words are human trafficking (kidnapping and selling our kids).

WHETHER TRUE OR NOT THIS WILL CATCH PEOPLES EYE.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2008, 12:35:42 PM »

Blonde,  didn't OE describe how that happen in the post your brought over this week from BFN? 

Here

Email from Oceanexploration:

(snipped)

Let's elaborate on this:

-If any company wanted a pipeline built, they would first get approval to construct such a project, which is public information. None exists to my knowledge. Pipeline construction goes on every day around the world and it is not some covert operation. It's like building a bridge.

-If an Aruban or Venezuelan company got approval to build such mystical pipeline, then the owner of said proposed pipeline would have sent out a request for proposals (RFP) for multiple companies to bid on the construction. None exist to my knowledge.

-Let's say said pipeline contract got awarded to a survey company such as J. Silvetti's Marine Surveys. Silvetti's company would proceed with a pipeline route survey, not a grid search! Pipeline route surveys are designed to provide information to pipeline engineers on how to lay the pipe. This requires survey data to be aligned along a proposed route corridor from the start of the pipeline to the end. Also, this requires information about sediment types and shallow subbottom profiling. No sediment sampling or subbottom profiling equipment was on board the Persistence during the Holloway search.

-Pipelines go from point A to point B. As Kermit claims, said mystical pipeline is(?)/will(?) run from Aruba to Venezuela. If true, then the pipeline route survey would also go from Aruba to Venezuela. More specifically, it would go from where the pipeline came to shore on land, which in this case would be near the refinery. The Persistence never went near Venezuelan waters or near the refinery.

(snipped)

Thanks Blonde. I've been trying to get to the bottom of that as well, AZSunny. Many different posts -- nothing very specific.

'Interesting' post from our friend Caesu from June 2008.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2890.780

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #756 6/5 -
« Reply #793 on: June 08, 2008, 01:27:49 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water 

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia.  The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions.  The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday.  “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday.  He is just back from a working visit in Colombia.  He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia.  He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy.  Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama.  They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy.  A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards.  This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year.  WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions.  The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run.  This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island.  Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years.  Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses.  Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water.  Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier.  Also the deepwater cooling is no option.  “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable.  “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.” 

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet.  “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.”  Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://www.amigoe.com/english

Aruba, being what it is, would not put out a request for bids, but would
arrange some sort of covert business with a company that they could
get something from....
The grid search that they did would certainly be helpful in showing
depths and obstructions and the clearest path for such a project.
What kind of business is Silvetti planning to open in Aruba?  If he isn't
planning on opening a business, why has he been showing up there
so frequently?
Klye 's response creates more questions than it answers and seems
to be an effort to confuse. IMO

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »

Janet
______

On the Record w/ Greta
Tuesday, March 21, 2006

NANCY GRACE

I completly agree! Thank you Janet

... and thank you AZSunny.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: November 27, 2008, 12:43:53 PM »

To All American Monkeys

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Janet

______

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #295 on: November 27, 2008, 12:46:29 PM »

Blonde,  didn't OE describe how that happen in the post your brought over this week from BFN? 

Here

Email from Oceanexploration:

(snipped)

Let's elaborate on this:

-If any company wanted a pipeline built, they would first get approval to construct such a project, which is public information. None exists to my knowledge. Pipeline construction goes on every day around the world and it is not some covert operation. It's like building a bridge.

-If an Aruban or Venezuelan company got approval to build such mystical pipeline, then the owner of said proposed pipeline would have sent out a request for proposals (RFP) for multiple companies to bid on the construction. None exist to my knowledge.

-Let's say said pipeline contract got awarded to a survey company such as J. Silvetti's Marine Surveys. Silvetti's company would proceed with a pipeline route survey, not a grid search! Pipeline route surveys are designed to provide information to pipeline engineers on how to lay the pipe. This requires survey data to be aligned along a proposed route corridor from the start of the pipeline to the end. Also, this requires information about sediment types and shallow subbottom profiling. No sediment sampling or subbottom profiling equipment was on board the Persistence during the Holloway search.

-Pipelines go from point A to point B. As Kermit claims, said mystical pipeline is(?)/will(?) run from Aruba to Venezuela. If true, then the pipeline route survey would also go from Aruba to Venezuela. More specifically, it would go from where the pipeline came to shore on land, which in this case would be near the refinery. The Persistence never went near Venezuelan waters or near the refinery.

(snipped)

Thanks Blonde. I've been trying to get to the bottom of that as well, AZSunny. Many different posts -- nothing very specific.

'Interesting' post from our friend Caesu from June 2008.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2890.780

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #756 6/5 -
« Reply #793 on: June 08, 2008, 01:27:49 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gas from Colombia for the production of electricity and water 

ORANJESTAD – As respond on the increasing oil prices and its negative consequences for our island, the government has decided to import gas from Colombia.  The electricity supply can be altered to use natural gas instead of fuel oil for an estimate of 20 millions.  The production of electricity and water becomes 40 percent cheaper because of this, said Premier Nelson Oduber yesterday.  “Besides, it’s going to be cleaner.”

The premier of Aruba made these comments during a press conference yesterday.  He is just back from a working visit in Colombia.  He took part as listener in the General Meeting of the Organization of American States (OAS) in Colombia.  He met with the Colombian president Alvaro Uribe last Sunday discussed among others the energy policy.  Uribe suggested supplying Aruba with natural gas, just like Colombia does with Puerto Rico, Venezuela, and Panama.  They agreed that the ambassador for the Kingdom will start negotiating today with the Colombian minister of Mining and energy.  A delegation of representatives of WEB and Elmar intends to go to Colombia and work out the further details afterwards.  This is an historic moment, said Oduber.

The premier says that altering the WEB to use natural gas instead of fuel oil must be possible in one year.  WEB will take care of the costs, about 20 millions.  The natural gas will have to be transported by ship in the beginning, but the construction of a pipeline must be considered on the medium- and long run.  This pipeline will have to run via Venezuela to our island.  Oduber thinks that this may take about 3 years.  Apart from using the gas for the production of electricity and water, it can also be used for cars and in the houses.  Oduber does not abandon the thoughts of other alternatives like wind- and sun energy, but these can only supply the island with a limited amount of electricity and water.  Other energy sources like pet-coke and pitch are too expensive, says the premier.  Also the deepwater cooling is no option.  “We do not have deepwater here.”

Aqualectra-director Anton Casperson cannot judge the Aruban situation, but he considers 40 percent cheaper production costs for Curacao not reasonable.  “Gas is indeed a serious option for us; especially from environmental considerations in combination with wind.” 

Aqualectra is not in negotiations with the gas suppliers as yet.  “The investments are high, and you must earn these back.”  Aqualectra is in the process of adjusting the long-term plans as committed in the Plan 2020.

http://www.amigoe.com/english

get something from....
What kind of business is Silvetti planning to open in Aruba?  If he isn't
so frequently?

I agree Magnolia. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #296 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:00 PM »

Thank you BB for that article.  I am glad I am not sitting here as the only one that  has some of these thoughts.  I was sort of feeling like the lone ranger last night. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #297 on: November 27, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!

I Stand With The Girl
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: November 27, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »

[

get something from....
What kind of business is Silvetti planning to open in Aruba?  If he isn't
so frequently?
Not that anyone wants to hear what i want to say, but here goes.  IMO I would think you'd have to touch shore in Aruba like say by "Valero" and they didn't get permission to go in that area. No-one ever has gotten that permission granted.. You'd also have to go to Venezuela shore to touch where it would connect there, and they didn't go that far either.  So think about that one.  I don't agree with ALE having all the evidence, however the persistance did tape who and what took all the baggies.  

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #299 on: November 27, 2008, 01:06:02 PM »

I have a question for everyone.

After seeing the latest interview of Joran and how the Aruban police were paid off to look the other way would send your child to Aruba for vacation.

Key words are human trafficking (kidnapping and selling our kids).

WHETHER TRUE OR NOT THIS WILL CATCH PEOPLES EYE.

Hope all my monkey friends are having a wonderful Day of Thanksgiving.

If this was the first thing I had ever heard about the happenings on Aruba I would never step foot on that island.  Especially with my beautiful 24 year old daughter.

No Justice for Natalee

No Tourism for Aruba

No exceptions

I Stand With The Girl

God Bless you all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.